Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gone! 16:01 - May 10 with 17367 viewsRs_Holy

its official
Gone! on 22:06 - May 10 with 3070 viewsPunteR

Gone! on 22:01 - May 10 by danehoop

We have absolutely no idea what the private conversations are that have gone on between the club and Holloway in the past few weeks.

We have no idea what gone on over the past 6 months in discussions.

We have no idea what targets were set or expectations were that existed on both sides.

We certainly have no idea what was said today between both sides and how this decision was fully arrived at.

In reality we shouldn't be party to those conversations, although clearly some parts of the club look like they started to leak information (notably before TF indicated that the managers position was under review).

I think Holloway is a decent man, totally committed to QPR and he undoubtedly has taken us forward in difficult circumstances. But he was erratic and at times decisions were clearly wrong. Clive provides a much better analysis than I ever can. But my point is that we can only speculate on the reasoning and conversations that have happened to this point. Whilst its sad to be losing someone who is such a loyal and well loved character (ignoring myknob50millimetres comments obviously) who has advanced the club through his tenure, if there is going to be a change, then this is the time to do it. My hope is though that in getting to this point that the club have a clear idea of the next direction to be taken. My guess is that under Hoos and Sir Les that this has actually been thought through. My fear though is that we will also lose the scouting network that has been so painstakingly constructed and is now starting to pay dividends.

"My fear though is that we will also lose the scouting network that has been so painstakingly constructed and is now starting to pay dividends."

You could be right.

All thanks to Ollie according to this.
https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/les-ferdinand-on-gary-penrices-appointment/
[Post edited 10 May 2018 22:07]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Gone! on 22:08 - May 10 with 3059 viewsQPR_John

Gone! on 21:42 - May 10 by PunteR

What on earth are you going on about?

Surely you sack someone that warrants the sack, someone thats not doing their job asked of them or has broken the contract agreement. You don't sack someone because you've changed your mind or you think someone else could do the job better midway through the contract. Thats poor form.
[Post edited 10 May 2018 21:52]

I have no problem with you thinking the sacking is poor form however how can you sack somebody even if deserved with class and respect. Sacking Holloway is either right or wrong and is a legitimate argument saying his sacking should have been done with more respect and class is beyond me
Gone! on 22:10 - May 10 with 3048 viewsQPR_John

Gone! on 21:44 - May 10 by BrianMcCarthy

He's on about 20 posts a minute at the moment.

Brian I thought you were above that still if that is the consensus then I'll leave you to it
Gone! on 22:12 - May 10 with 3035 viewsbaz_qpr

Gone! on 22:06 - May 10 by PunteR

"My fear though is that we will also lose the scouting network that has been so painstakingly constructed and is now starting to pay dividends."

You could be right.

All thanks to Ollie according to this.
https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/les-ferdinand-on-gary-penrices-appointment/
[Post edited 10 May 2018 22:07]

Lets hope not.

However I do think the way the club has been trying to operate is not to rip it all out everytime a manager departs.

I see no reason for Penrice to go, just because Ollie has laid some good foundations it does not necessarily mean he's the right man for the brick work, as long as the next person keeps to the wider plan
Gone! on 22:13 - May 10 with 3037 viewsted_hendrix

We have absolutely no idea what the private conversations are that have gone on between the club and Holloway in the past few weeks.

We have no idea what targets were set or expectations were that existed on both sides.

We certainly have no idea what was said today between both sides and how this decision was fully arrived at.

In reality we shouldn't be party to those conversations, although clearly some parts of the club look like they started to leak information (notably before TF indicated that the managers position was under review).

I think Holloway is a decent man, totally committed to QPR and he undoubtedly has taken us forward in difficult circumstances. But he was erratic and at times decisions were clearly wrong. Clive provides a much better analysis than I ever can. But my point is that we can only speculate on the reasoning and conversations that have happened to this point. Whilst its sad to be losing someone who is such a loyal and well loved character (ignoring myknob50millimetres comments obviously) who has advanced the club through his tenure, if there is going to be a change, then this is the time to do it. My hope is though that in getting to this point that the club have a clear idea of the next direction to be taken. My guess is that under Hoos and Sir Les that this has actually been thought through. My fear though is that we will also lose the scouting network that has been so painstakingly constructed and is now starting to pay dividends.

Seems a reasonable post to me.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Gone! on 22:16 - May 10 with 3014 viewsessextaxiboy

Gone! on 22:08 - May 10 by QPR_John

I have no problem with you thinking the sacking is poor form however how can you sack somebody even if deserved with class and respect. Sacking Holloway is either right or wrong and is a legitimate argument saying his sacking should have been done with more respect and class is beyond me

So you think sackings should always be done in a disrespective way ?

Because I think even if fully deserved, to sack someone with respect and without humiliating them shows class .
Gone! on 22:18 - May 10 with 3007 viewsPunteR

Gone! on 22:08 - May 10 by QPR_John

Are you saying this has been handled well?.
Of course this could have been handled better. They could have shown ollie respect by not leaking things out before a decision was made . They could have told Ollie before the last game of the season so at least he had a chance of a farewell. Ollie gave Mackie, Onuoha the opportunity.
Of course this could have been done with more class and respect.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Gone! on 22:18 - May 10 with 3006 viewsessextaxiboy

Gone! on 22:12 - May 10 by baz_qpr

Lets hope not.

However I do think the way the club has been trying to operate is not to rip it all out everytime a manager departs.

I see no reason for Penrice to go, just because Ollie has laid some good foundations it does not necessarily mean he's the right man for the brick work, as long as the next person keeps to the wider plan

Mclarens son is chief scout at Derby ...........
Login to get fewer ads

Gone! on 22:24 - May 10 with 2974 viewsbaz_qpr

Gone! on 22:18 - May 10 by essextaxiboy

Mclarens son is chief scout at Derby ...........

but Les Ferdinand makes the footballing decisions here
Gone! on 22:40 - May 10 with 2910 views2Thomas2Bowles

Gone! on 21:44 - May 10 by BrianMcCarthy

He's on about 20 posts a minute at the moment.

The light is on but no one at home

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Gone! on 23:58 - May 10 with 2780 viewsWestonsuperR

Gone! on 22:40 - May 10 by 2Thomas2Bowles

The light is on but no one at home

Desparate for stability and we sack the person that has not only bought us that but has developed youthand over achieved in the eyes of the vast majority of the fan base, crazy decision and one I think they will regret in years to come.
Gone! on 01:36 - May 11 with 2716 viewsHitch

Thank You Ian you did your best.
Long live the new manager.
Gone! on 05:44 - May 11 with 2642 viewsfunkyworm

finished lower half of the table both seasons and there is outrage like the board sacked alex ferguson. im glad holloway is gone. hope the board can get it right the sixth time around.
Gone! on 06:05 - May 11 with 2628 viewsRs_Holy

Gone! on 05:44 - May 11 by funkyworm

finished lower half of the table both seasons and there is outrage like the board sacked alex ferguson. im glad holloway is gone. hope the board can get it right the sixth time around.

Look at Wigan, Bolton, Sunderland, Blackburn... could easily have been us too considering the financial restrictions we now have to work with.
I really think some fans have unrealistic expectations of QPR right now.
Gone! on 07:37 - May 11 with 2517 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Gone! on 22:10 - May 10 by QPR_John

Brian I thought you were above that still if that is the consensus then I'll leave you to it

Ah, I'm not getting excited don't worry. Its an old Spike Milligan joke. Apologies if it wasn't funny, John.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Gone! on 07:43 - May 11 with 2499 viewsBrianMcCarthy

On the scouting issue, I'd imagine we're all worried about that.

I can't help thinking to the Instagram pic that someone posted on here of Fernandes, Penrice and Ferdinand playing golf a couple of weeks ago. No sign of Holloway. The caption was about making future scouting plans, or words to that effect.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Gone! on 08:18 - May 11 with 2464 viewsDejR_vu

Good post. Shame about the cheap dig

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Gone! on 12:05 - May 11 with 2331 viewsrsonist

Gone! on 22:12 - May 10 by baz_qpr

Lets hope not.

To me this looks like the management structure we've been asking for all these years asserting itself and making a hard but proactive and considered decision.

People are saying where is the continuity and bemoaning upheaval when they've just removed the loose cannon they believe may hamstring the rest of the work behind the scenes. That's maintaining continuity.

Not that he didn't have a role but crediting Ollie with implementing the whole scouting network is fanciful. As Brian points out it doesn't look as though Penrice will walk off in a strop now anyway - the management is trying to squeeze every bit of value from his input now in fact.
Gone! on 12:14 - May 11 with 2287 viewsLowerloftLad

McLaren will be gone by March
[Post edited 11 May 2018 12:26]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Gone! on 13:04 - May 11 with 2207 viewskropotkin41

Gone! on 12:14 - May 11 by LowerloftLad

McLaren will be gone by March
[Post edited 11 May 2018 12:26]

Blimey, we've sacked him before he's turned up.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Gone! on 14:00 - May 11 with 2132 viewstimcocking

All i hope is, this doesn't kick start another ten years of bickering on this bloody forum. Which i'm pretty sure it will.

Very harsh and i'd have kept him, but Ollie was the architect of his own downfall to some extent. I'd be fascinated to know how many other managers in the championsip would have been playing Pawel down the left, or indeed at full back? And the interviews were so inappropriate i doubt whether a young, unknown manager would have ever got a job speaking like that.

More change, gutted. More raging arguments on this forum for another ten years, gutted again. And gutted once more for poor Ollie.
Gone! on 15:19 - May 11 with 2059 viewsfunkyworm

Gone! on 06:05 - May 11 by Rs_Holy

Look at Wigan, Bolton, Sunderland, Blackburn... could easily have been us too considering the financial restrictions we now have to work with.
I really think some fans have unrealistic expectations of QPR right now.

what about millwall, preston, brentford, sheffield united, and bristol city wouldn’t be surpirsed if they had a lower wages and all finished more than 10 above.
Gone! on 16:16 - May 11 with 1961 viewsEsox_Lucius

Gone! on 07:43 - May 11 by BrianMcCarthy

On the scouting issue, I'd imagine we're all worried about that.

I can't help thinking to the Instagram pic that someone posted on here of Fernandes, Penrice and Ferdinand playing golf a couple of weeks ago. No sign of Holloway. The caption was about making future scouting plans, or words to that effect.

This is pertinent to your post too I believe Brian.
https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/academy-praises-players-elite/

The grass is always greener.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024