Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gone! 16:01 - May 10 with 17368 viewsRs_Holy

its official
Gone! on 16:29 - May 10 with 3013 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Gone! on 16:23 - May 10 by ted_hendrix

Has he actually been sacked though? I can't see anywhere that says he's been sacked

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/manager-ian-holloway-departs-qpr/

Doesn't exactly say "sacked" Ted, but "However, we are now looking to take the next step..." doesn't sound as if he wanted to go. Not to me anyway.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Gone! on 16:30 - May 10 with 3010 viewsmylot50years

The nightmare is over, SM in a coaching capacity and LF etc to stay the same behind the scenes, and with the kids and to hopefully retain the majority of the present squad exciting times ahead. Some may think an unfair decision now, but come next mid season they may see things very differently. Thanks TF exciting times ahead, we may even have some width on our agenda.
Gone! on 16:31 - May 10 with 3002 views08olesen

Tough on the bloke. If you look at the squad i reckon we are about where we should be. We have no real striker of worth. Smith and Sylla are impact players. Washington hasnt been good enough. The defense is all crocked. I think he is done solid job.

Having said that I hope the next manager doesnt change the team after someone has a good game, which is what IH seemed to do a lot, and that must be annoying as a player.

You have to assume that they have someone lined up. I doubt they would chop him without that. Also doesnt the slate get wiped clean for the FFP window, so we can now spend spend spend and worry about the consequences when the next review comes around in 4 years time or whatever it is.

If it is McClaren then i think they will have angered a lot of the supporters.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Gone! on 16:31 - May 10 with 2991 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Gone! on 16:30 - May 10 by mylot50years

The nightmare is over, SM in a coaching capacity and LF etc to stay the same behind the scenes, and with the kids and to hopefully retain the majority of the present squad exciting times ahead. Some may think an unfair decision now, but come next mid season they may see things very differently. Thanks TF exciting times ahead, we may even have some width on our agenda.

"Nightmare".

Get over yourself.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Gone! on 16:32 - May 10 with 2977 viewsrsonist

Feel sad, and still unsure of McLaren, but also a greater sense of relief than I expected now Ollie's actually gone. Onwards...
Gone! on 16:32 - May 10 with 2973 views2Thomas2Bowles

You really are in the lowest class of supporter
[Post edited 10 May 2018 16:33]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Gone! on 16:33 - May 10 with 2962 viewsjohncharles

Gone! on 16:29 - May 10 by BrianMcCarthy

Doesn't exactly say "sacked" Ted, but "However, we are now looking to take the next step..." doesn't sound as if he wanted to go. Not to me anyway.

" has left the club with immediate effect " sounds like the sack to me. Sky are saying "sacked".

Strong and stable my arse.

Gone! (n/t) on 16:35 - May 10 with 2939 viewsQPRski

[Post edited 10 May 2018 16:37]
Login to get fewer ads

Gone! on 16:37 - May 10 with 2895 viewsQPR_John

Well let's look forward to next season and this board

Get three more points than this and McLaren is only getting the reward from Holloways work
Get the same points as this season and why did we bother to let Holloway go
Get less points than last season and I told you so
Gone! on 16:40 - May 10 with 2847 viewsstevec

Week after week everyone complained about the Saturday tombola, yet now Ollie's the Messiah!

I'm looking forward to McLaren, if it is him.
Gone! on 16:43 - May 10 with 2805 viewsBoston

Gone! on 16:33 - May 10 by johncharles

" has left the club with immediate effect " sounds like the sack to me. Sky are saying "sacked".

I was pretty good in the sack race when I was a kid. Always wanted a crack at the three legged race but I was only born with two.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Gone! on 16:45 - May 10 with 2786 viewsRangersw12

Yet you will more than likely be the first to want the new man out if he doesn't meet your over inflated expectations

This post has been edited by an administrator
Gone! on 16:45 - May 10 with 2782 viewsMytch_QPR

Gone! on 16:29 - May 10 by BrianMcCarthy

Yes - the words 'mutual consent' don't appear so I think there's no doubt he would have preferred to stay. I feel for Ollie.

Ultimately, I think it's fair to say we'll never forget Ollie and always see him in a positive light, but if we are pushing for the play-offs next season and firing on all cylinders then some of the disappointment expressed today will be forgotten fairly quickly - I'm afraid that's modern football.

Like you, Brian, I would certainly not to refer to Ollie's tenure as a 'nightmare' - at times this season it's been quite the opposite - the recent 4 goal games against Norwich and Sheff Weds spring to mind.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Gone! on 16:46 - May 10 with 2775 viewsDWQPR

Gone! on 16:37 - May 10 by QPR_John

Well let's look forward to next season and this board

Get three more points than this and McLaren is only getting the reward from Holloways work
Get the same points as this season and why did we bother to let Holloway go
Get less points than last season and I told you so

Without getting all sentimental about Holloway, back when JFH was at his last game away to Florist we had a discussion at half time about who we ought to have to replace him and I suggested Holloway only for the reason is that the club needed bringing together. But frankly he should have gone at the end of last season for the way he fannyed around during April with some god awful team selections, experimentations which almost cost us our championship place. And this season for far too long he kept with a 3-5-2 formation which clearly wasn’t working and which the players were not comfortable with. And to be honest he was lucky to survive after Forest at home. Only then did he switch to 4-4-2 and although DaveB will say that the results were only marginally better what he omits to mention is that the performances were infinitely better. Scoring more goals, creating mor me chances and playing some good football. And yet he still fannyed around with the line ups. Smyth, when fit should have been a shoe in, same with Eze and Furlong showed why he should be here for the long term. Players still played out of position still though.

Holloway has done his job, he won’t be out of pocket, so thanks Olly, and let’s move on.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Gone! on 16:50 - May 10 with 2711 viewsPhildo

Gutted to be honest despite his volatile tendencies. Hope we don't find ourselves passing the buckets in a few years as that would be the time for his 3rd stint.
Gone! on 17:03 - May 10 with 2621 viewsloftboy

Hardest thing about this is that Olly is such a likeable bloke, I’m in the I’m not sure how I feel about this camp but looking forward we have to give McLaren a chance and keep off his back if it doesn’t start well as that won’t help the young players.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Gone! on 17:04 - May 10 with 2614 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Respect the job he did, have lots of time for the man, but what I really feel is a big relief because with Ollie and all his faults bottom half was the best we could hope for.
Gone! on 17:05 - May 10 with 2607 viewsdubaistu

IH leaves the club in a healthier position and with his head held high. A bit of a shambles, but I guess we have to move on. At least the club have acted swiftly, contracts for existing players can be completed and transfer targets can be progressed.
Gone! on 17:47 - May 10 with 2441 viewsterryb

Gone! on 16:12 - May 10 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Fecking classless a new all-time low for the club.

Nowhere near as bad as Gregory removing Alec Stock as manager after promotion in 1968!

However, it does seem a little strange to get rid of a manager that achieved all of his targets.
[Post edited 10 May 2018 17:51]
Gone! on 18:02 - May 10 with 2372 viewsTGRRRSSS

Very sad in many ways and I am unsure - especially if McLaren gets the gig, apart from anything else if a PL side shows interest in early January to help keep them up and we're just below the PLay offs for instance, expect him to jump immediately.

AS for Ian I would say that overall I don't think he's quite the man he was back in his first stint at the club, many reasons for this I am sure but he's not the energetic buzzy character he was in that time.
He's got us to a certain level but I can sort of see why this has happened, and lets face it it's what everyone wanted to give any new manager maximum amount of summer whoever they maybe.

I have a feeling that the board felt that whilst a certain job had been done, there were many of the old problems and mistakes which simply were not rectified, the away form was truly shocking.
Nevertheless a sad day, I will always think warmly of Ian Holloway, a QPR legend on and off the pitch.
Gone! on 18:03 - May 10 with 2362 viewsCFW

Gone! on 17:03 - May 10 by loftboy

Hardest thing about this is that Olly is such a likeable bloke, I’m in the I’m not sure how I feel about this camp but looking forward we have to give McLaren a chance and keep off his back if it doesn’t start well as that won’t help the young players.

Have to say Loftboy I feel the same. Ollie is a good bloke and is very much a QPR man through and through, no one can take away that he has worked very hard and has done his very best working under pressure and within a very tight budget. He has ticked almost every box and perhaps he should have been given one more season BUT I do think he was somewhat limited with his best days behind him.

I am not sure he is able to bring on the younger players and help them step up to the next level, this coupled with Bircham (who I have never really rated as a coach) was always going to be an issue. Is McLaren the right man? who knows and only time will tell but personally I wish Ollie the very best of luck for the future and now, rightly or wrongly, I will get right behind our new manager and the team.
Gone! on 18:05 - May 10 with 2345 viewsGroveR

Gone! on 16:10 - May 10 by Benny_the_Ball

Hoos: “He joined us at a critical stage as we looked to reduce the wage bill, bring in younger talent and remain competitive on the pitch at the same time.

“That is no easy task and it was down to his desire, love for the club and hard work that he achieved those goals.

“However, we are now looking to take the next step as we continue to work through what is a vital period of transition for the football club.”

That suggests to me that Holloway was pushed rather than walked.

I like Hoos but that's just anodyne bollòcks until someone explains / mansplains what his predecessor's job will be. If it's to reduce the wage bill, bring in younger talent and remain competitive on the pitch it's not a next step, is it?
Gone! on 18:09 - May 10 with 2332 viewsLythamR

Very sad to hear this

The year he came in as manager, just after we got relegated I attended the sponsors evening and got chatting to Holloway towards the end of the evening with a couple of the infamous Manc's R's as we were leaving we were asked if we were going on anywhere for a pint, we said the Bush Ranger and he joked that he would see us down there in half an hour.

Sure enough he turned up along with Tim Breaker and we chatted the evening away whilst sinking a good number of beers until we were kicked out well beyond last orders. It was a memorable evening, i will spare the details but Ollys passion for the club and determination to sort things out shone through along with his real empathy with QPR supporters.

As we left the pub I was able to treat him to a massive hug.

I wish I was able to give him a hug right now and thank him for everything he has given QPR over the years

Thanks Ian Holloway, I wish you well

Gone! on 18:10 - May 10 with 2330 viewsFDC

Gone! on 18:05 - May 10 by GroveR

I like Hoos but that's just anodyne bollòcks until someone explains / mansplains what his predecessor's job will be. If it's to reduce the wage bill, bring in younger talent and remain competitive on the pitch it's not a next step, is it?

Those are just press releases written by the media department, not genuine quotes.

Not sure if I'm reading too much in to it, but I was struck by a line in Dave Mc's piece that said IH's management style had caused consternation with the board... if that is true, you have to wonder what they thought they were getting?
Gone! on 18:20 - May 10 with 2283 viewsRangersw12

Rumour I've just seen on FB is that Olly couldn't commit due to family issues and as a thank you the club sacked him so he gets a pay off

Don't know if any of that is true
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024