Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Robinson 18:24 - May 11 with 18870 viewsnix

Wasn’t the deadline for him accepting a new contract today? Presumably he hasn’t done and is definitely leaving. Not unexpected but let’s hope we’ve been scouting some good defenders!
Robinson on 10:15 - May 27 with 2536 viewsdavman

Robinson on 09:03 - May 27 by loftboy

Why don’t clubs contract players until the end of may, look how much could be saved in wages if you have a few players contracts running out, as far as I know zero league games have ever been played in June.

'Cos the poor luvs would lose out and we all know where the power lies in football...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Robinson on 18:43 - May 27 with 2306 viewsLazyFan

Robinson on 10:15 - May 27 by davman

'Cos the poor luvs would lose out and we all know where the power lies in football...

Well clubs may be looking at play-off results and end of season run in's. So, no time to work on contracts around May. And also staff need holidays so, that extra month also helps the clubs.

Then make the deals in July to get them in for pre-season. Also, need to avoid signing someone who then gets injured in the World Cup during June.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

Robinson on 18:48 - May 27 with 2292 viewsTW_R

Why don’t clubs contract players until the end of may, look how much could be saved in wages if you have a few players contracts running out, as far as I know zero league games have ever been played in June.

I suspect they do not get paid on a monthly basis like we do. If they sign up to a 3 year contract worth £2 million I think they would get paid the £2 mill whether they finish in May or June.
Robinson on 19:12 - May 27 with 2261 viewsbosh67

i suspect he may go to Fulham now. I know Denis Odoi is highly thought of there but every time I see him he looks like a liability. So I suspect he may come here now they are up.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Robinson on 19:17 - May 27 with 2252 viewsPunteR

Robinson on 19:12 - May 27 by bosh67

i suspect he may go to Fulham now. I know Denis Odoi is highly thought of there but every time I see him he looks like a liability. So I suspect he may come here now they are up.

I dont understand why Fulham would though. Injury prone, half decent championship player. Surely they must be looking at better options going into the prem.?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Robinson on 08:49 - May 28 with 2072 viewshorshamHoop

Fulham's left back is on loan, so having Robinson playing there and as cover for centre back, they also have Kalas, may make sense. Either way, according to Dave mac, he is not signing a new contract for us,
Robinson on 08:57 - May 28 with 2048 viewsWatford_Ranger

Robinson on 19:17 - May 27 by PunteR

I dont understand why Fulham would though. Injury prone, half decent championship player. Surely they must be looking at better options going into the prem.?

Probably not as a squad player on a free. Can cover for LB or CB all for the price of a nice signing-on fee. Great deal for him and them if that’s what happens.
Robinson on 09:49 - May 28 with 1924 viewsPinnerPaul

I guess its because world football season ends on 30th June and the poor dears have to have 'paid leave' like everyone else I suppose.
Login to get fewer ads

Robinson on 09:29 - May 29 with 1701 viewssimmo

With or without Fulham, he can get more money elsewhere.

Hopefully we're close to sorting another 1-2 CB's, because we need them ASAP.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Robinson on 09:34 - May 29 with 1679 viewscyprusmel

I think In Cyprus 3rd and 4th divisions players are signed on 9 month contracts.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024