Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rb - pascal 16:25 - Jul 5 with 4454 viewsnottonyfernandes

https://www.football.london/queens-park-rangers-fc/qpr-join-reading-rangers-hunt

Don’t worry, chimbondas not on his way back.
Played a few times for the first team and still young at 17- what do people think ?
I’d love this kind of competition to come in and push Furlong. I think Furs deserves a chance to make it his own but we need backup and someone inexperienced wouldn’t put the same pressure on him as an experienced rb who needs to start would.
Rb - pascal on 17:29 - Jul 5 with 4297 viewsrobith

Could someone summarise please? All I could see were 9 gigantic adverts
Rb - pascal on 17:45 - Jul 5 with 4259 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Rb - pascal on 17:29 - Jul 5 by robith

Could someone summarise please? All I could see were 9 gigantic adverts

Shocking site I agree.
I usually just give up with sites like that
Rb - pascal on 18:54 - Jul 5 with 4137 viewsRBlock

Osman Kakay?
Rb - pascal on 20:25 - Jul 5 with 3971 viewsBoston

Well I read it, no ads! Basically says we are vying with GRFC and Reading to sign a useful looking 17yr old from Barnet, Dwight Pascal.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2018 20:28]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Rb - pascal on 21:06 - Jul 5 with 3880 viewsLazyFan

I have a feeling they think Furs can play also at CB.

If Osman Kakay kicks on and they feel he can do a job at RB, then Furs can move into CB with the new BFG and/or Hall. But if that was the case and Kakay got injured or did not perform, then we shall need a backup.
I suspect that is the thinking here.

It also avoids us having to a sign another CB and we can move for a LB. in case Bids get's injured.

LB is what need now. It might also make the Winter Leech move on, if he feels he cannot even get in at LB. Well that's the dream anyway!

zzzzzzzzzz

Rb - pascal on 23:34 - Jul 5 with 3697 viewsMyke

Rb - pascal on 21:06 - Jul 5 by LazyFan

I have a feeling they think Furs can play also at CB.

If Osman Kakay kicks on and they feel he can do a job at RB, then Furs can move into CB with the new BFG and/or Hall. But if that was the case and Kakay got injured or did not perform, then we shall need a backup.
I suspect that is the thinking here.

It also avoids us having to a sign another CB and we can move for a LB. in case Bids get's injured.

LB is what need now. It might also make the Winter Leech move on, if he feels he cannot even get in at LB. Well that's the dream anyway!

Don't think we need cover for Bidwell as Manning would fill in if needed. RB and CB are still areas of concern IMO. If McClaren can coach them to the level his reputation suggests then we have the makings of a competitive squad - although the money the likes of Forest are throwing about is laughable in comparison. I would be more than happy with 10th - 14th without ever looking over our shoulder. Think that would be realistic as it shows progress without outlandish expectations
Rb - pascal on 23:53 - Jul 5 with 3679 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Rb - pascal on 23:34 - Jul 5 by Myke

Don't think we need cover for Bidwell as Manning would fill in if needed. RB and CB are still areas of concern IMO. If McClaren can coach them to the level his reputation suggests then we have the makings of a competitive squad - although the money the likes of Forest are throwing about is laughable in comparison. I would be more than happy with 10th - 14th without ever looking over our shoulder. Think that would be realistic as it shows progress without outlandish expectations

Yes mostly agree. RB we currently have Wszolek as cover for Furlong. Kakay also.

I still think Wszolek is a better option in this position than some give him credit for. Most of the criticism he gets playing RB seems to be based on the fact that he used to play in midfield rather than anything he's actually done wrong there.

I'd be delighted with 10th to 14th.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Rb - pascal on 00:54 - Jul 6 with 3628 viewstimcocking

Personally, i don't think Furlong needs any competition, i think it's the very last thing he needs.

What he needs is to continue playing every week.
Login to get fewer ads

Rb - pascal on 03:56 - Jul 6 with 3591 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I'm not a huge fan of the 'can fill-in' option, save if it's under dire circumstances. Much prefer to have a proper option, honed in the dark arts of full backery, then thinking Manning or Pav can do the job long-termish.

But I think Cocking's comment about Furlong needing regular game time is bang on. Whether he shifts left into one of the central berths or remains in his spiritual home of right back. Personally I'd go with him as right back and start the season by telling him; it's yours son, now keep it yours!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Rb - pascal on 07:16 - Jul 6 with 3509 viewsDylanP

This kid is 17. He is not being signed as competition for any 1st team player, he is being signed as an excellent prospect to be developed through the youth set-up.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Rb - pascal on 07:19 - Jul 6 with 3498 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Can’t see Furs as a CB to be honest. He get smashed all over the place by the bigger boys.
Rb - pascal on 07:20 - Jul 6 with 3499 viewsEsox_Lucius

Rb - pascal on 07:16 - Jul 6 by DylanP

This kid is 17. He is not being signed as competition for any 1st team player, he is being signed as an excellent prospect to be developed through the youth set-up.

How old was Ryan Sessegnon when he started in the first team regularly. 17 is not too young to be a first team regular.

The grass is always greener.

Rb - pascal on 07:50 - Jul 6 with 3464 viewsDylanP

Rb - pascal on 07:20 - Jul 6 by Esox_Lucius

How old was Ryan Sessegnon when he started in the first team regularly. 17 is not too young to be a first team regular.

It isn't too young and plenty of players have done it through the history of the game. live Allen was a veteran at that game. But just because it has been done, doesn't mean every 17 year old is going to do it. Assuming that we are bringing in a 17 year old to compete for a first team place seems ridiculously optimistic to me.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Rb - pascal on 09:48 - Jul 6 with 3340 viewsrobith

I'd be against moving Furlong to CB permanently purey because it would nullify his crossing, which is strong and getting better all the time
Rb - pascal on 10:00 - Jul 6 with 3316 viewswestberksr

Rb - pascal on 07:19 - Jul 6 by BazzaInTheLoft

Can’t see Furs as a CB to be honest. He get smashed all over the place by the bigger boys.

Give him a bit of time; still growing as was a lot stronger last year than the previous season. Also has a ridiculous leap on him for winning headers.

possibly as 1 of a 3 rather than 2 until matures a bit more.
Rb - pascal on 10:18 - Jul 6 with 3279 viewskingo

I wonder if the hastily arranged friendly with Barnet has any bearing on this possible transfer?

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Rb - pascal on 10:22 - Jul 6 with 3275 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Rb - pascal on 00:54 - Jul 6 by timcocking

Personally, i don't think Furlong needs any competition, i think it's the very last thing he needs.

What he needs is to continue playing every week.

He might get injured though.
Rb - pascal on 10:55 - Jul 6 with 3236 viewsfrancisbowles

Rb - pascal on 07:19 - Jul 6 by BazzaInTheLoft

I thought he was great when he played there at the tail end of the season but I agree the championship is particularly difficult if you are a inexperienced in a position.
Rb - pascal on 12:30 - Jul 6 with 3118 viewsrsonist

Football.london is just the rebranded getwestlondon, ie the same Trinity Mirror clickbait piss. Avoid.
Rb - pascal on 16:52 - Jul 8 with 2847 viewsDorse

Rb - pascal on 12:30 - Jul 6 by rsonist

Football.london is just the rebranded getwestlondon, ie the same Trinity Mirror clickbait piss. Avoid.

GetWestLondon - for when you just don't feel dirty enough

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024