Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do you remember when we sold Austin for 4 million 17:49 - Aug 18 with 4012 viewsmakaveli1882

In January and everyone said it was good business

it wasn't
Do you remember when we sold Austin for 4 million on 17:50 - Aug 18 with 3987 viewsPinnerPaul

What's that got to do with conceding 7 years later?
Do you remember when we sold Austin for 4 million on 18:02 - Aug 18 with 3926 viewsDeepcutHoop

Plenty of people said it wasn't enough as I recall , more said it was probably decent enough for a player at that stage of his contract with fairly serious injury worries.

We should never have sold Parkes tbh, today would never have happened if we'd kept him.
Do you remember when we sold Austin for 4 million on 18:05 - Aug 18 with 3893 viewsRangersw12

Do you remember when we sold Austin for 4 million on 18:02 - Aug 18 by DeepcutHoop

Plenty of people said it wasn't enough as I recall , more said it was probably decent enough for a player at that stage of his contract with fairly serious injury worries.

We should never have sold Parkes tbh, today would never have happened if we'd kept him.

I still blame Thompson for not investing in the 92/93 side , We only needed a decent central midfielder and another striker and we could of challenged for the title
Do you remember when we sold Austin for 4 million on 18:08 - Aug 18 with 3874 viewsmakaveli1882

Do you remember when we sold Austin for 4 million on 17:50 - Aug 18 by PinnerPaul

What's that got to do with conceding 7 years later?

it's means we would of had a chance of going up a big farming chance rather that a transfer ban, fine and what I I just watched ...thays what it has to do with.
Do you remember when we sold Austin for 4 million on 18:09 - Aug 18 with 3858 viewsmakaveli1882

Do you remember when we sold Austin for 4 million on 18:08 - Aug 18 by makaveli1882

it's means we would of had a chance of going up a big farming chance rather that a transfer ban, fine and what I I just watched ...thays what it has to do with.

bigger chance **

And a farm too
Do you remember when we sold Austin for 4 million on 18:09 - Aug 18 with 3857 viewsAntti_Heinola

Do you remember when we sold Austin for 4 million on 18:08 - Aug 18 by makaveli1882

er... mate. Let me put your mind at ease. We would not have gone up that season even if Charlie had scored another 20 from Jan-May (which he wouldn't).

Bare bones.

Do you remember when we sold Austin for 4 million on 18:10 - Aug 18 with 3849 viewsPinnerPaul

Dreamland - he was out of contract in 6 months time - never going to get enough money for him to avoid FFP - sorry that's just ridiculous!
Do you remember when we sold Austin for 4 million on 18:32 - Aug 18 with 3791 viewsmakaveli1882

Do you remember when we sold Austin for 4 million on 18:10 - Aug 18 by PinnerPaul

Dreamland - he was out of contract in 6 months time - never going to get enough money for him to avoid FFP - sorry that's just ridiculous!

incorrect not talking about FFP saying if we went shit on bust on him and lost the 4 million that hasn't helped us at all things may have been different!
Login to get fewer ads

Do you remember when we sold Austin for 4 million on 18:34 - Aug 18 with 3785 viewsmakaveli1882

Do you remember when we sold Austin for 4 million on 18:09 - Aug 18 by Antti_Heinola

er... mate. Let me put your mind at ease. We would not have gone up that season even if Charlie had scored another 20 from Jan-May (which he wouldn't).

with 20 goals from him we would be closser than will ever be again for another 15 years; something to think about when we are playing Wycombe next year.
Do you remember when we sold Austin for 4 million on 18:42 - Aug 18 with 3728 viewsDeepcutHoop

Do you remember when we sold Austin for 4 million on 18:34 - Aug 18 by makaveli1882

with 20 goals from him we would be closser than will ever be again for another 15 years; something to think about when we are playing Wycombe next year.

If we didn't go up that season, he'd have left for nothing.

In fact if we'd gone up he'd have gone for nothing anyway.
Do you remember when we sold Austin for 4 million on 18:46 - Aug 18 with 3708 viewsmakaveli1882

Do you remember when we sold Austin for 4 million on 18:42 - Aug 18 by DeepcutHoop

If we didn't go up that season, he'd have left for nothing.

In fact if we'd gone up he'd have gone for nothing anyway.

If we had gone up he would have gone for nothing; erm would you not take that now! instead of certain league 12
Do you remember when we sold Austin for 4 million on 18:47 - Aug 18 with 3702 viewsmakaveli1882

Do you remember when we sold Austin for 4 million on 18:46 - Aug 18 by makaveli1882

If we had gone up he would have gone for nothing; erm would you not take that now! instead of certain league 12

1*

sorry for typos
Do you remember when we sold Austin for 4 million on 19:06 - Aug 18 with 3644 viewsCamberleyR

Do you remember when we sold Austin for 4 million on 18:09 - Aug 18 by Antti_Heinola

Yeah and when we didn't go up and he left for nothing in the summer you'd have had the usual suspects saying we should have taken the £4m in January

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Do you remember when we sold Austin for 4 million on 13:49 - Aug 19 with 3392 viewstimcocking

Nobody thought it was good business. It was take it or take nothing.
Do you remember when we sold Austin for 4 million on 14:27 - Aug 19 with 3329 viewsLongsufferingR

I think we should have kept him, he would have scored 43 goals in the second half of the season which would have won us the league. We would then have persuaded him to sign on for another four years and brought in Harry Kane to partner him. We'd be in the Champions League by now.

I blame Freeman.
Do you remember when we sold Austin for 4 million on 14:32 - Aug 19 with 3312 viewsDejR_vu

There have been so many things that you could point to over years and years and years. This club has been mismanaged for decades. The only time we were really swimming against the tide was the Warnock promotion year. Unfortunately, having waited so long, we were then afflicted with owners too stupid to take advantage.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Do you remember when we sold Austin for 4 million on 14:52 - Aug 19 with 3267 viewsNW5Hoop

Since leaving us, he's started 30 games in all competitions, and it's not because Southampton have a squad packed with world class strikers. He's come to define injury-prone. Who knows? Maybe he'd have never had any problems had he stayed with us. Maybe he wouldn't. But looking at what's gone on with his career since leaving, I don't think it's a disaster he left.
Do you remember when we sold Austin for 4 million on 15:06 - Aug 19 with 3225 viewsMatch82

Do you remember when we sold Austin for 4 million on 18:32 - Aug 18 by makaveli1882

incorrect not talking about FFP saying if we went shit on bust on him and lost the 4 million that hasn't helped us at all things may have been different!

Can't remember exactly details of FFP, but given the fine might it have been an extra 8m fine if we hadn't taken the money?
Do you remember when we sold Austin for 4 million on 19:10 - Aug 19 with 3064 viewsOldPedro

Do you remember when we sold Austin for 4 million on 13:49 - Aug 19 by timcocking

Nobody thought it was good business. It was take it or take nothing.

Exactly - Austin wanted to leave so we either took the 4 m or he walked for nothing at the end of that season

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Do you remember when we sold Austin for 4 million on 15:32 - Aug 20 with 2877 viewsPinnerPaul

We went up ….twice and are still in a mess

Or would it have been 3rd time lucky or perhaps St Charlie could have become the first player/chairman/owner!
Do you remember when we sold Austin for 4 million on 16:53 - Aug 20 with 2838 viewsrobith

Nah, Charlie had pretty much checked out by that point (was starting to get into loads of barneys with fans IIRC) so we would have had a disinterested player leave for free 6 months later. So things would actually be worse now
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024