Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Tories Are Bonkers! 08:51 - Dec 12 with 41612 viewsBostonR

Have been in the US since the summer and arrived back this week and going to the game on Sat.

I have watched the carnage in the US political system, but that was evened-out in the mid-term elections. Watching the madness this morning, it looks like a Tory coup by the ERG and other right-wing nut-cases.

I am no Tory, but May has to see them off before they throw this country under the bus!
The Tories Are Bonkers! on 17:59 - Dec 18 with 2327 viewsCliff

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 17:35 - Dec 18 by loftboy

Maybe if the remain camp backed the result then May would have had the upper hand in the negotiations instead of going into them trying to please both sides and ending up pleasing neither.

Find the link derbyhoop gave a few posts back and read it, then come back and comment
The Tories Are Bonkers! on 18:01 - Dec 18 with 2327 viewsSharpy36

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 17:35 - Dec 18 by loftboy

Maybe if the remain camp backed the result then May would have had the upper hand in the negotiations instead of going into them trying to please both sides and ending up pleasing neither.

Funny how many of them voted Conservative or labour at the last GE when both parties stood on a manifesto to leave the EU, over 80% of all voters in fact. Why did they not back the lib dems or the Greens ? Strange is it not.

I would change your wording slightly Loftboy to "remain camp backed the Country" we would be in a better place than we currently sit at present. But i think we can all agree that it`s all self serving instead of looking to the future with some sort of optimism and pride with which this Great nation of ours could strive to be once again.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 18:02 - Dec 18 with 2322 viewsloftboy

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 17:48 - Dec 18 by traininvain

It’s always someone else’s fault. Unhappy with your life- blame the EU. Not getting the Brexit deal you wanted- blame Theresa May or better yet those who didn’t want any part of this mess in the first place.

Pointing the finger of blame seems to be a common theme amongst leave voters.

As far as I was concerned there was only one type of Brexit, unfortunately the government hasn’t got the bollocks to pull it off.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 18:04 - Dec 18 with 2310 viewsSharpy36

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 17:59 - Dec 18 by Cliff

Find the link derbyhoop gave a few posts back and read it, then come back and comment

I use the Nic formula from a page or so back.

So if you don`t live here it has nothing to do with you. It works both ways
[Post edited 18 Dec 2018 18:06]

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 18:17 - Dec 18 with 2283 views2Thomas2Bowles

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 17:48 - Dec 18 by traininvain

It’s always someone else’s fault. Unhappy with your life- blame the EU. Not getting the Brexit deal you wanted- blame Theresa May or better yet those who didn’t want any part of this mess in the first place.

Pointing the finger of blame seems to be a common theme amongst leave voters.

And the remoaners pointing their fingers at leavers, it's all your fault *sniff* we want another vote*sniff sniff*

The blame for the mess since is squarely at the feet or remainers.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 18:20 - Dec 18 with 2275 viewsCliff

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 18:04 - Dec 18 by Sharpy36

I use the Nic formula from a page or so back.

So if you don`t live here it has nothing to do with you. It works both ways
[Post edited 18 Dec 2018 18:06]

2 things what the hell is the Nic formula I haven't been able to find it, and what's the bit about "if you don't live here" is that aimed at me?
The Tories Are Bonkers! on 18:21 - Dec 18 with 2272 viewsCliff

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 18:17 - Dec 18 by 2Thomas2Bowles

And the remoaners pointing their fingers at leavers, it's all your fault *sniff* we want another vote*sniff sniff*

It's funny how you still refer to some people as remoaners, when it's you that seem to be one of the main whingers on here!
The Tories Are Bonkers! on 18:26 - Dec 18 with 2264 viewsSharpy36

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 18:20 - Dec 18 by Cliff

2 things what the hell is the Nic formula I haven't been able to find it, and what's the bit about "if you don't live here" is that aimed at me?

Page 15. Sorry its Nix not Nic, and no it was not aimed at you.

Login to get fewer ads

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 18:30 - Dec 18 with 2254 viewsCliff

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 18:26 - Dec 18 by Sharpy36

Page 15. Sorry its Nix not Nic, and no it was not aimed at you.

Thanks, although I'm still not sure what you mean as the Nix posts I read on page 15 were on the whole against the way Brexit is going
The Tories Are Bonkers! on 18:33 - Dec 18 with 2245 viewsSharpy36

Yep i read it wrong. Sorry Nix.

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 18:37 - Dec 18 with 2235 viewstraininvain

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 18:02 - Dec 18 by loftboy

As far as I was concerned there was only one type of Brexit, unfortunately the government hasn’t got the bollocks to pull it off.

Plenty of leave voters don’t want the type of Brexit you’re after. Seems unfair to completely disregard them?
The Tories Are Bonkers! on 18:39 - Dec 18 with 2230 viewstraininvain

Can’t help but laugh at the complete lack of self awareness.
The Tories Are Bonkers! on 19:13 - Dec 18 with 2197 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 17:28 - Dec 18 by 2Thomas2Bowles

No, the remainers are still crying over the result.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2018 17:29]

Why the obnoxiousness ? Everyone else is generally being polite for once.
The Tories Are Bonkers! on 15:54 - Dec 19 with 1965 viewsSharpy36

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 18:37 - Dec 18 by traininvain

Plenty of leave voters don’t want the type of Brexit you’re after. Seems unfair to completely disregard them?

Not quite sure i understand what the other options were at the ballot box, i thought it was rather clear, Leave or Remain. Even if joe publics understanding of the referendum went as far as reading the offical leaflet from the government, it never mentions any other "types of Brexit"

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attac

Again if joe public found itself not being able to digest a small leaflet the man himself pointed out the facts quite clearly in his Chatham house speech

Couple more just so were clear.

[Post edited 19 Dec 2018 15:56]

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 16:10 - Dec 19 with 1954 viewsloftboy

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 15:54 - Dec 19 by Sharpy36

Not quite sure i understand what the other options were at the ballot box, i thought it was rather clear, Leave or Remain. Even if joe publics understanding of the referendum went as far as reading the offical leaflet from the government, it never mentions any other "types of Brexit"

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attac

Again if joe public found itself not being able to digest a small leaflet the man himself pointed out the facts quite clearly in his Chatham house speech

Couple more just so were clear.

[Post edited 19 Dec 2018 15:56]

That first video covers everything even down to the fact that it’s the public decision and not MP’s, so why is parliament doing all it can to obstruct it.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 16:55 - Dec 19 with 1914 viewsPinnerPaul

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 16:10 - Dec 19 by loftboy

That first video covers everything even down to the fact that it’s the public decision and not MP’s, so why is parliament doing all it can to obstruct it.

Maybe they are 'taking back control'
The Tories Are Bonkers! on 17:53 - Dec 19 with 1859 viewsR_from_afar

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 16:10 - Dec 19 by loftboy

It's not as simple as when we have a general election and someone with a red scarf or tie walks out of No. 10 and within hours, a replacement in a blue scarf or tie replaces them.

There are umpteen projects, treaties, and regulations which we are involved in from which we need to extricate ourselves.

Parliament is not trying to obstruct anything (OK, some MPs are, I'll grant you that), they are debating the type of trading relationship we will have when we leave. There is more than one option and that is the problem, in a nutshell. It is *not* a case of once you're out of the EU, you have Hobson's choice and have to do it a certain way.

Out or in, someone make it stop

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 18:11 - Dec 19 with 1835 viewshopphoops

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 17:53 - Dec 19 by R_from_afar

It's not as simple as when we have a general election and someone with a red scarf or tie walks out of No. 10 and within hours, a replacement in a blue scarf or tie replaces them.

There are umpteen projects, treaties, and regulations which we are involved in from which we need to extricate ourselves.

Parliament is not trying to obstruct anything (OK, some MPs are, I'll grant you that), they are debating the type of trading relationship we will have when we leave. There is more than one option and that is the problem, in a nutshell. It is *not* a case of once you're out of the EU, you have Hobson's choice and have to do it a certain way.

RFA

"Out or in, someone make it stop "

We're about 2% of the way in

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 18:53 - Dec 19 with 1800 viewsTacticalR

@hopphoops "Out or in, someone make it stop"

Whatever happens we're going to take it up the backstop.

Air hostess clique

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 21:35 - Dec 19 with 1710 viewsderbyhoop

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 17:53 - Dec 19 by R_from_afar

RFA

The trouble is we are still only considering the Withdrawal Agreement, which has 3 basic strands - the Financial Settlement, Citizens Rights and the Irish border.
We've probably got another 5 years of this if we are to get a future trade agreement with the EU27. I bet we're all looking forward to that.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 23:27 - Dec 19 with 1650 viewsbob566

Think this is my first addition to the thread. A woman here in ireland went to collect her perscription. They didnt have it. Apparently you guys are stockpiling the drugs. Ireland will now buy their drugs elsewhere from europe even though they dont want to. Dont know what that will cost the uk economy. Probably not so much but a contract lost for the uk cant be a good thing
The Tories Are Bonkers! on 02:15 - Dec 20 with 1603 viewsSharpy36

What drug ?

Stockpiling suggests hording products that will be unable to be produced after an event, in this case, Brexit.

“What keeps us awake at night is the uncertainty of no deal,” he said. “On average, 50% of the medicines in our depots have been through the EU before they get to the UK warehouses"

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/oct/23/brexit-patients-may-need-own-dr

So is Ireland that reliant on the UK ?. You`re a free independant nation.

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 08:05 - Dec 20 with 1533 viewsWatford_Ranger

Fortunately we are now dealing with the real issue of whether or not Corbyn called May stupid. That’s the important topic of the day, conveniently diverting this Tory shambles off the front pages.

Brexit is bollocks. It always was. It was never going to possibly benefit us serfs and came about as a result of illegal foreign money. You have to be an actual moron to still back a ‘hard’ Brexit.
The Tories Are Bonkers! on 09:00 - Dec 20 with 1504 views2Thomas2Bowles

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 08:05 - Dec 20 by Watford_Ranger

Fortunately we are now dealing with the real issue of whether or not Corbyn called May stupid. That’s the important topic of the day, conveniently diverting this Tory shambles off the front pages.

Brexit is bollocks. It always was. It was never going to possibly benefit us serfs and came about as a result of illegal foreign money. You have to be an actual moron to still back a ‘hard’ Brexit.

And I get berated for saying remoaner....

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 09:49 - Dec 20 with 1479 viewsSydneyRs

Missed out on writing remoaners again there. Maybe throw in a couple of snowflakes too. Oh and a caps lock leave means leave.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024