Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Unborn baby Gender reveal party 11:15 - Dec 16 with 2982 viewsenfieldargh

Ever been?

FFS what ever next

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Unborn baby Gender reveal party on 00:05 - Dec 18 with 828 viewssmegma

Unborn baby Gender reveal party on 19:14 - Dec 17 by kensalriser

Look, the default position on this sort of the thing is we blame the Yanks. Fair's fair!

My brother moved to New Jersey in 1986. He told me that in America people would buy their parents, grandparents and siblings Valentines cards irrespective of age etc......he also said a bloke who was a teacher asked him 'do you struggle with the language?' to which he replied, 'I'm English, we invented the English language, a clue is in the name of the language'
Unborn baby Gender reveal party on 00:14 - Dec 18 with 824 viewsPunteR

Making babies is one of the easiest things in the world. (unless you cant). Yeh starting a family is brilliant but this self congratulatory thing for just a bun in the oven is just nonsense. Get the party poppers out when they leave home as decent human beings.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Unborn baby Gender reveal party on 00:56 - Dec 18 with 813 viewsDeepcutHoop

The absurd self-congratulatory ego of parents. FFS

Who believes that anyone gives a fck what gender your baby is going to be. Most of us are delighted for you on the upcoming littl'un, that's great news. Whether it's a boy or a girl lis spectacularly irrelevant.

Just admit, you just want more presents from everyone you know, in addition to the baby shower, which is also nonsense.

How are people supposed to react? Cheer? Boo?
Unborn baby Gender reveal party on 01:07 - Dec 18 with 806 viewsqueensparker

Before we all get too wound up has anyone ever been to a "gender reveal party", or know anyone who has?

Got two tiny kids so I seem to spend all my f--king spare time at toddler parties and baby events and the like and even among the competitive mums who have all turned up in Queens Park in the last decade I've never seen or heard of such bollox.
Unborn baby Gender reveal party on 08:28 - Dec 18 with 736 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I hate children so don't invite me 'cos I couldn't give a flying one. (what I would be thinking)

Unisex toilets are ok.

The Black Heart brought them in about 2 years ago and you end up having a good laugh drunken chat if there is a queue.
Anyone who knows the venue and remembers the tiny seperate ones will know what an improvement knocking them in was.

Whomever: 'We're having a girl'

Me:

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Unborn baby Gender reveal party on 09:16 - Dec 18 with 725 viewsMick_S

My wife was invited to a "baby shower." Here's my front door:

It's just absolute 8ollocks (not the door).

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Unborn baby Gender reveal party on 09:17 - Dec 18 with 720 viewsKonk

When my wife and I decided we'd like to start a family, my wife suggested that we host an Impregnation party. I was a bit reluctant, as it seemed a bit invasive, but she'd read about it in a blog and was adamant it was something she wanted to happen. In her words, she wanted our friends and family to be on our "journey" from the outset.

So, we hired the upstairs room of a North London pub. We got there early on a Saturday morning, moved the tables to one end of the room, where we laid out the spread - Snide own brand Wotsits from Sainsburys, sandwiches and a Battenberg - and then organised the mismatched chairs into a large circle. My brother arrived ten minutes later with his son's inflatable Paw Patrol mattress with built-in Sleeping bag, and we placed that in the middle of the circle, with tea light candles placed around the mattress to form the shape of a cock and balls with a couple of spunk blobs emerging from the cock. Once we'd closed the curtains, it was surprisingly romantic.

As friends and family began to arrive, we thanked them for joining us and talked through some basic rules; no touching, no photos, phones on silent and no negative commentary etc. At 12:30, we undressed and made our way onto the small inflatable mattress. With Labi Siffre's "Something inside so strong" getting the playlist underway via the Bose mini speaker, we began our tender love-making session in the practical position. I was performing admirably and we were so caught up in the immediacy of the moment, that without the sound of a number of punters loudly disputing a penalty decision in the Spurs v Boro game they were showing on the big screen downstairs, it would have been easy to forget we were making love on a pub floor, surrounded by our nearest and dearest.

Several minutes passed before I dutifully fulfilled my obligations, at which point we wiped ourselves down with scented wet wipes, dressed, extinguished the candles and joined our friends at the buffet table. It was actually a really beautiful experience. But having said that, a Gender reveal party seems a bit silly.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Unborn baby Gender reveal party on 09:21 - Dec 18 with 711 viewsdaveB

Is there any subject that doesn't provoke anger on here, who cares if people share photos of their kids on facebook, if your not interested don't look at them.
Login to get fewer ads

Unborn baby Gender reveal party on 09:22 - Dec 18 with 709 viewsMick_S

Unborn baby Gender reveal party on 09:17 - Dec 18 by Konk

When my wife and I decided we'd like to start a family, my wife suggested that we host an Impregnation party. I was a bit reluctant, as it seemed a bit invasive, but she'd read about it in a blog and was adamant it was something she wanted to happen. In her words, she wanted our friends and family to be on our "journey" from the outset.

So, we hired the upstairs room of a North London pub. We got there early on a Saturday morning, moved the tables to one end of the room, where we laid out the spread - Snide own brand Wotsits from Sainsburys, sandwiches and a Battenberg - and then organised the mismatched chairs into a large circle. My brother arrived ten minutes later with his son's inflatable Paw Patrol mattress with built-in Sleeping bag, and we placed that in the middle of the circle, with tea light candles placed around the mattress to form the shape of a cock and balls with a couple of spunk blobs emerging from the cock. Once we'd closed the curtains, it was surprisingly romantic.

As friends and family began to arrive, we thanked them for joining us and talked through some basic rules; no touching, no photos, phones on silent and no negative commentary etc. At 12:30, we undressed and made our way onto the small inflatable mattress. With Labi Siffre's "Something inside so strong" getting the playlist underway via the Bose mini speaker, we began our tender love-making session in the practical position. I was performing admirably and we were so caught up in the immediacy of the moment, that without the sound of a number of punters loudly disputing a penalty decision in the Spurs v Boro game they were showing on the big screen downstairs, it would have been easy to forget we were making love on a pub floor, surrounded by our nearest and dearest.

Several minutes passed before I dutifully fulfilled my obligations, at which point we wiped ourselves down with scented wet wipes, dressed, extinguished the candles and joined our friends at the buffet table. It was actually a really beautiful experience. But having said that, a Gender reveal party seems a bit silly.

One of my most memorable days ever mate. You do know I was there, don't you?

Unborn baby Gender reveal party on 09:30 - Dec 18 with 695 viewsKonk

Unborn baby Gender reveal party on 09:22 - Dec 18 by Mick_S

One of my most memorable days ever mate. You do know I was there, don't you?

Was that you in the QPR dressing gown?

Unborn baby Gender reveal party on 09:31 - Dec 18 with 688 viewsMick_S

Unborn baby Gender reveal party on 09:30 - Dec 18 by Konk

Was that you in the QPR dressing gown?

No it was a Fulham one mate.

Unborn baby Gender reveal party on 09:41 - Dec 18 with 673 viewsKonk

Unborn baby Gender reveal party on 09:31 - Dec 18 by Mick_S

No it was a Fulham one mate.

Undercover. Nice.

Unborn baby Gender reveal party on 09:47 - Dec 18 with 668 viewshopphoops

"Impregnation party"...

Outside North London everyone skips the candles and calls it brewdogging.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Unborn baby Gender reveal party on 10:00 - Dec 18 with 653 viewsKonk

Unborn baby Gender reveal party on 09:21 - Dec 18 by daveB

Is there any subject that doesn't provoke anger on here, who cares if people share photos of their kids on facebook, if your not interested don't look at them.

I've never been on FB, but my wife is and I love seeing pictures/videos or whatever of our friends' kids. Especially the far flung ones, who we don't see in person from one year to the next. It seems natural to me that you'd be interested in what's happening in the lives of people you care about.

Unborn baby Gender reveal party on 10:14 - Dec 18 with 637 viewshopphoops

Unborn baby Gender reveal party on 10:00 - Dec 18 by Konk

I've never been on FB, but my wife is and I love seeing pictures/videos or whatever of our friends' kids. Especially the far flung ones, who we don't see in person from one year to the next. It seems natural to me that you'd be interested in what's happening in the lives of people you care about.

As I'm not, I'm not on Facebook. A few years ago that threatened to be inconvenient but the moment passed; I'm happy to leave you to it.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Unborn baby Gender reveal party on 10:22 - Dec 18 with 623 viewsdaveB

Unborn baby Gender reveal party on 10:00 - Dec 18 by Konk

and if you want to share photos of the impregnation party I'm sure we'd have a look
Unborn baby Gender reveal party on 11:26 - Dec 18 with 597 viewsKonk

Unborn baby Gender reveal party on 10:22 - Dec 18 by daveB

and if you want to share photos of the impregnation party I'm sure we'd have a look

I've been told that's unacceptable. Sorry.

Unborn baby Gender reveal party on 12:39 - Dec 18 with 564 views00calben

Unborn baby Gender reveal party on 23:28 - Dec 17 by Bluce_Ree

This is all part and parcel of the fking absolute madness where everyone thinks that everyone should know everything about their kid as if it is special. When i was on FB I had to sack it off because all my mates were putting up pics of their lame kids. One guy used to write his statuses as if his kid wrote them.

He once put “just enjoying my #icecream #yum” with a pic of his kid. The fk is that shit?

Cnt. I was so offended I blocked him first and eventually got rid of FB because all my parent friends are like it. There are over 7 billion folks on this planet. No one cares about your kid. Especially as your kid is probably a whining little twt whenever you take it anywhere.

Gender reveal? How about you raise a kid without using an iPad as a pacifier. That’ll impress me more.

Excellent post - genuinely made me chuckle
Unborn baby Gender reveal party on 13:09 - Dec 18 with 531 viewsDorse

You just know that somehow, somewhere, there is a greetings card manufacturer reading this and saying: 'It'll be bigger than Christmas...'

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Unborn baby Gender reveal party on 13:20 - Dec 18 with 522 viewsR_from_afar

Unborn baby Gender reveal party on 18:01 - Dec 17 by Juzzie

When I found out that we were having a boy and then a girl a few years later I just let people know by calling them, texting them etc. Didn't have a fkin' party.

It's seems to me all this party sh!t comes from the US and is just yet another event that people are pressurised into doing to extract more money out of everyone.

Father's Day was created in order to sell ties and the such like.
"In the 1930s, Dodd returned to Spokane and started promoting the celebration again, raising awareness at a national level. She had the help of those trade groups that would benefit most from the holiday, for example the manufacturers of ties, tobacco pipes, and any traditional present for fathers."

See also: "Christmas jumper day". I'll have to check my Bible, I can't remember for the life of me whether the angels wore sweaters or the wise men brought the infant Lord one as a gift.

Facebook is a useful tool for keeping in touch, if used sparingly, but it can also encourage lazy and insensitive behaviour, like when formerly close friends stop ringing or dropping by but send you a Facebook friend request. Acknowledging your existence by sending the invite but then not bothering to pick up the 'phone or meet up face to face ever again, while carpet bombing you with pics of children, partners and homes you have never seen is not ideal. That's progress for you .

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Unborn baby Gender reveal party on 13:37 - Dec 18 with 494 viewsDeepcutHoop

Unborn baby Gender reveal party on 09:21 - Dec 18 by daveB

I don't think that's how seeing things works tbh
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024