Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fun fact of the day 08:34 - Dec 18 with 7575 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

In exactly 4 years from today the World Cup Final will be held.
Fun fact of the day on 08:43 - Dec 18 with 5880 viewsstowmarketrange

That will be a World Cup to remember won’t it?
I think some of the England fans might hope that we get knocked out early so they can go somewhere that you’ll be able to drink alcohol and watch the rest of the tournament on the telly.
Fun fact of the day on 09:10 - Dec 18 with 5841 viewsmakaveli1882

I will be there, hard to plan for until we know what's going on especially regarding the drink but hoping to do ferries out of Bahrain and nearby countries.
Fun fact of the day on 09:34 - Dec 18 with 5804 viewsstowmarketrange

Fun fact of the day on 09:10 - Dec 18 by makaveli1882

I will be there, hard to plan for until we know what's going on especially regarding the drink but hoping to do ferries out of Bahrain and nearby countries.

Being drunk in public is a criminal offence in some Middle Eastern countries including a reasonably moderate one like the uae,so people will have to be very careful out there.
Fun fact of the day on 10:12 - Dec 18 with 5768 viewsBoston

Fun fact of the day on 09:34 - Dec 18 by stowmarketrange

Being drunk in public is a criminal offence in some Middle Eastern countries including a reasonably moderate one like the uae,so people will have to be very careful out there.

...and just stick to the marching powder.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2018 15:18]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Fun fact of the day on 10:40 - Dec 18 with 5747 viewsGloucs_R

Bluetooth was named after a Viking King who united tribes....like Bluetooth technology unites devices.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Fun fact of the day on 10:51 - Dec 18 with 5731 viewsMick_S

What does WD-40 stand for?

WD-40® literally stands for Water Displacement, 40th formula. That's the name straight out of the lab book used by the chemist who developed the product back in 1953. The chemist, Norm Larsen, was attempting to concoct a formula to prevent corrosion–a task which is done by displacing water. Norm's persistence paid off when he perfected the formula on his 40th try.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Fun fact of the day on 10:54 - Dec 18 with 5724 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Fun fact of the day on 10:40 - Dec 18 by Gloucs_R

Bluetooth was named after a Viking King who united tribes....like Bluetooth technology unites devices.

Pish-off that was Ragnar Lothbrok.

Is it just me... Torvi looking rather fine this season.

Maybe I miss Astrid.

Maybe the gods are testing me...

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Fun fact of the day on 10:55 - Dec 18 with 5719 viewsHantsR

Most people have more than the average number of legs.
Login to get fewer ads

Fun fact of the day on 15:08 - Dec 18 with 5589 viewshubble

Fun fact of the day on 10:54 - Dec 18 by Metallica_Hoop

Pish-off that was Ragnar Lothbrok.

Is it just me... Torvi looking rather fine this season.

Maybe I miss Astrid.

Maybe the gods are testing me...

Always thought Torvi looked good, but yes, even more so this season. And Lagertha is maturing very nicely.... :)

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Fun fact of the day on 15:19 - Dec 18 with 5572 viewsBoston

Fun fact of the day on 10:51 - Dec 18 by Mick_S

What does WD-40 stand for?

WD-40® literally stands for Water Displacement, 40th formula. That's the name straight out of the lab book used by the chemist who developed the product back in 1953. The chemist, Norm Larsen, was attempting to concoct a formula to prevent corrosion–a task which is done by displacing water. Norm's persistence paid off when he perfected the formula on his 40th try.

Norm had no mates.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Fun fact of the day on 15:22 - Dec 18 with 5565 viewsMick_S

Fun fact of the day on 15:19 - Dec 18 by Boston

Norm had no mates.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Fun fact of the day on 15:23 - Dec 18 with 5561 viewssmegma

Fun fact of the day on 08:43 - Dec 18 by stowmarketrange

That will be a World Cup to remember won’t it?
I think some of the England fans might hope that we get knocked out early so they can go somewhere that you’ll be able to drink alcohol and watch the rest of the tournament on the telly.

Last time England played there alcohol was freely available in literally every hotel.
Fun fact of the day on 21:22 - Dec 18 with 5356 viewsJuzzie

Carrots weren’t originally orange.

They were purple, white, yellow but Dutch carrot farmers, circa 17th century, modified them to look like their national colour.
Fun fact of the day on 08:03 - Dec 19 with 5241 viewsstowmarketrange

Fun fact of the day on 15:23 - Dec 18 by smegma

Last time England played there alcohol was freely available in literally every hotel.

It was available when I went on holiday to Abu Dhabi last year but at extortionate prices.But I also mentioned about the laws on being drunk in public which are pretty strict too.
Fun fact of the day on 08:37 - Dec 19 with 5223 viewsToast_R

Fun fact of the day on 08:03 - Dec 19 by stowmarketrange

It was available when I went on holiday to Abu Dhabi last year but at extortionate prices.But I also mentioned about the laws on being drunk in public which are pretty strict too.

I'm sure this will be relaxed somewhat. In Brazil it's illegal to sell alcohol at any football stadium. FIFA said they had to sell Budweiser (Big Sponsor) for their World Cup and that was non negotiable. They therefore had to re-write the legislation.
Fun fact of the day on 08:42 - Dec 19 with 5217 viewsToast_R

My fun fact for the day...

In this weather you may hear the phrase "Brass Monkeys" which comes from the longer phrase "Freeze the balls off a Brass Monkey"

A monkey was a device made from brass on a war ship that held the cannon balls. In colder climates the device would freeze and the metal would snap and the cannon balls would fall off and roll around the ships floor. Hence the phrase.
Fun fact of the day on 08:49 - Dec 19 with 5206 viewsstowmarketrange

Fun fact of the day on 08:37 - Dec 19 by Toast_R

I'm sure this will be relaxed somewhat. In Brazil it's illegal to sell alcohol at any football stadium. FIFA said they had to sell Budweiser (Big Sponsor) for their World Cup and that was non negotiable. They therefore had to re-write the legislation.

I think religion may take precedence over even fifa’s wishes.I’d be surprised if strict Islamic law is relaxed for a football tournament.
Fun fact of the day on 09:01 - Dec 19 with 5198 viewsToast_R

Fun fact of the day on 08:49 - Dec 19 by stowmarketrange

I think religion may take precedence over even fifa’s wishes.I’d be surprised if strict Islamic law is relaxed for a football tournament.

Like anything mate, money is king over everything but if you're right, good luck to them in getting the the South Americans dress in a style that is sensitive to Islamic culture...
[Post edited 19 Dec 2018 9:06]
Fun fact of the day on 09:10 - Dec 19 with 5181 viewsstowmarketrange

Fun fact of the day on 09:01 - Dec 19 by Toast_R

Like anything mate, money is king over everything but if you're right, good luck to them in getting the the South Americans dress in a style that is sensitive to Islamic culture...
[Post edited 19 Dec 2018 9:06]

It’s a shame blaster didn’t think of the possible problems instead of just how much of a bung he would receive.
It could be an interesting and different World Cup to the normal ones.
Fun fact of the day on 10:19 - Dec 19 with 5144 viewsToast_R

Fun fact of the day on 09:10 - Dec 19 by stowmarketrange

It’s a shame blaster didn’t think of the possible problems instead of just how much of a bung he would receive.
It could be an interesting and different World Cup to the normal ones.

Exactly right, I've no intention of going to couldn't care less if there's alcohol, fan zones or prayer zones. I think it will be a interesting change to the norm, not just a Middle Eastern World but also the Winter break over here and a World Cup euphoria over the Christmas period - could be quite mental.
Fun fact of the day on 10:23 - Dec 19 with 5138 viewsPunteR

A large costa coffee fits in a regular costa coffee cup.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Fun fact of the day on 13:45 - Dec 19 with 5053 viewsR_from_afar

Sperm cells can only turn left .

Strange but true.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Fun fact of the day on 14:18 - Dec 19 with 5013 viewshopphoops

Fun fact of the day on 08:42 - Dec 19 by Toast_R

My fun fact for the day...

In this weather you may hear the phrase "Brass Monkeys" which comes from the longer phrase "Freeze the balls off a Brass Monkey"

A monkey was a device made from brass on a war ship that held the cannon balls. In colder climates the device would freeze and the metal would snap and the cannon balls would fall off and roll around the ships floor. Hence the phrase.

That's an urban myth unfortunately ( https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/explore/what-is-the-origin-of-the-term-brass-m but it's still a top top phrase.

The dog's bollocks is a printers' term meaning :-

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Fun fact of the day on 14:31 - Dec 19 with 4996 viewshubble

Bats can actually see quite well.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Fun fact of the day on 15:48 - Dec 19 with 4933 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I think I posted this before.

Violet Jessop was on board Olympic when it rammed the cruiser Hawke.

On Titanic when it sank and 4 years later on Britannic when it sank after hitting a naval mine.

The Original 'Uncle Albert'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violet_Jessop
[Post edited 19 Dec 2018 15:49]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024