Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Probably a stupid question... 18:49 - Dec 26 with 2924 viewsloftboy

But Burnley’s strikers have scored something like 3 goals between them in the last 16 games, has Wells got a recall option in January because if they have can anyone suggest as to why they wouldn’t?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Probably a stupid question... on 19:22 - Dec 26 with 2766 viewsmcqpr10

I don’t think they can recall him if it’s a season long loan. If they can then he’s going back. Quality striker, even when he wasn’t scoring at the start you could see the difference in him compared to smith and Washington.
Probably a stupid question... on 19:32 - Dec 26 with 2691 viewsBlue_Castello

I have been thinking exactly the same over the last couple of weeks he's the one loan player that we really would miss big time. Burnley have got Vokes, Wood, Barnes and Vydra as to whether Wells can bring anything extra to their attack is open to debate.

Think most season long loans usually have a release clause inserted which can be activated in January just depends what Les and Lee negotiated.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2018 19:34]
Probably a stupid question... on 19:34 - Dec 26 with 2676 viewsDejR_vu

Probably a stupid question... on 19:22 - Dec 26 by mcqpr10

I don’t think they can recall him if it’s a season long loan. If they can then he’s going back. Quality striker, even when he wasn’t scoring at the start you could see the difference in him compared to smith and Washington.

Burnley are in a relegation scrap. Not sure they’ll want to play a striker they didn’t rate before. More likely to go out and buy someone i’d have thought. 🙏

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Probably a stupid question... on 19:39 - Dec 26 with 2647 viewsrsonist

They've barely played Vydra as it is.
Probably a stupid question... on 19:54 - Dec 26 with 2545 viewskensalriser

Every silver lining has a cloud.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Probably a stupid question... on 19:55 - Dec 26 with 2539 viewsTacticalR

Hands off our Nahki.

Air hostess clique

Probably a stupid question... on 20:06 - Dec 26 with 2474 viewsWatford_Ranger

Plan A is to play two big lumps. Plan B is to throw on another big lump. Vydra is Plan C so don’t see Wells getting a look in.

I really rate Dyche but don’t think he can afford to be as one-dimensional as he has been.
Probably a stupid question... on 20:16 - Dec 26 with 2409 viewssmegma

Probably a stupid question... on 20:06 - Dec 26 by Watford_Ranger

Plan A is to play two big lumps. Plan B is to throw on another big lump. Vydra is Plan C so don’t see Wells getting a look in.

I really rate Dyche but don’t think he can afford to be as one-dimensional as he has been.

Who cares how many dimensions Dyche has ??
Login to get fewer ads

Probably a stupid question... on 20:25 - Dec 26 with 2346 viewsTacticalR

Aren't Burnley 'doing a Burnley' (taking the money and going down)?

Air hostess clique

Probably a stupid question... on 20:39 - Dec 26 with 2255 viewsbosh67

In the words of the great Oscar Wilde.... Regarding Mr Wells and a return to the hills of Burnley.... Shut the f*ck up!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Probably a stupid question... on 22:17 - Dec 26 with 1982 viewsVancouverHoop

From a Burnley fan I know:

"You’re safe. He never got a look in when he was here. Dyche does that a fair bit - buys a player and never plays him. Tendari Darikwa, Nathaniel Chalobah, Nakhi Wells and now Matej Vydra."

Let's hope he's right.
Probably a stupid question... on 22:24 - Dec 26 with 1948 viewsrsonist

He may be more appealing to them after they go down though.
Probably a stupid question... on 22:45 - Dec 26 with 1881 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Probably a stupid question... on 19:32 - Dec 26 by Blue_Castello

I have been thinking exactly the same over the last couple of weeks he's the one loan player that we really would miss big time. Burnley have got Vokes, Wood, Barnes and Vydra as to whether Wells can bring anything extra to their attack is open to debate.

Think most season long loans usually have a release clause inserted which can be activated in January just depends what Les and Lee negotiated.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2018 19:34]

As you say, no need to panic. The loan may have a clause or may not.

I have no idea if it's usual or not.

Does anyone know for sure if Wells' loan or Manning's loan have a recall clause or not?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Probably a stupid question... on 23:35 - Dec 26 with 1769 viewsqprjeff1882

Les and Steve were saying at the fabs forum that the option to bring back Manning was being looked into so with Luongo going it looks likely however i haven't seen anything regarding Wells or whether he has a clause. I really hope not as this would really curtail our season. I very much doubt Wells would even want to go back there.
Probably a stupid question... on 01:31 - Dec 27 with 1616 viewstimcocking

Hard to comprehend.

If i was to try, i'd say it's the fact his selection process isn't always Premier league class. When he shot yesterday for the first goal being a prime example. A two on one and he's shot from 35 yards out, not the right option. So much swerve and dip, he's got us a goal out of it, so brilliant Nahki, but pretty sure that wouldn't have been what Zidane recommended doing in that situation. I think it's fair to say that there have also been a couple of times previously when he's elected to shoot when another player is better positioned. That isn't perfect, certainly not to a coach like Sean Dyche.

But gawd knows, he's been excellent and Sam Vokes never has been.
Probably a stupid question... on 10:46 - Dec 27 with 1407 viewsCorbyQPR

Assume they’ll lose Wood to the same tournament as Luongo?
Probably a stupid question... on 10:57 - Dec 27 with 1378 viewsCamberleyR

Probably a stupid question... on 10:46 - Dec 27 by CorbyQPR

Assume they’ll lose Wood to the same tournament as Luongo?

No, this is just for teams in the Asian football confederation. NZ play in the Oceania confederation.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Probably a stupid question... on 11:17 - Dec 27 with 1358 viewsGloryHunter

I don't suppose they'd be interested in Sylla instead?
Probably a stupid question... on 11:23 - Dec 27 with 1337 viewsQPR_John

Probably a stupid question... on 22:24 - Dec 26 by rsonist

I think that is the biggest worry
Probably a stupid question... on 11:48 - Dec 27 with 1282 viewsWatford_Ranger

Probably a stupid question... on 11:17 - Dec 27 by GloryHunter

I don't suppose they'd be interested in Sylla instead?

Who?
Probably a stupid question... on 11:57 - Dec 27 with 1257 viewsDavieQPR

If a fee as well as a percentage of wages was agreed then the loan agreement cannot be cancelled. If we have not paid a fee then a loan agreement can be cancelled if a prior arrangement had been made. This is unlikely as I think we would have sent Hemed back who would have been signed on a similar agreement.
Probably a stupid question... on 12:04 - Dec 27 with 1226 viewsCamberleyR

Probably a stupid question... on 11:57 - Dec 27 by DavieQPR

If a fee as well as a percentage of wages was agreed then the loan agreement cannot be cancelled. If we have not paid a fee then a loan agreement can be cancelled if a prior arrangement had been made. This is unlikely as I think we would have sent Hemed back who would have been signed on a similar agreement.

I thought they said at the fans forum that no fees were paid, hence why they were relatively late coming to us in the window.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Probably a stupid question... on 12:40 - Dec 27 with 1172 viewsGloryHunter

It's not January yet. Maybe Hemed will be sent back?
Probably a stupid question... on 13:03 - Dec 27 with 1129 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Probably a stupid question... on 22:24 - Dec 26 by rsonist

Nah, we'll have gone up in the opposite direction by then into the promised land. Wells will be our first signing on £350k a week.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024