Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eze blah blah blah 16:57 - Jan 8 with 4477 viewsbosh67

More press talk of him possibly going to Palace because Solanko (Warnock pronunciation) didn't go to Cardiff or Palace.

I think we should loan Eze to Liverpool. Not because it's a good idea but simply because it would p*ss off Palace and Cardiff.

I assume Eze is going nowhere... at least until the end of the season.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2019 16:58]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Eze blah blah blah on 08:58 - Jan 9 with 1339 viewsTonto

it could come down to the usual issue - money and the individual's response to it...

we know football is a short career, so if Palace offer him a significant pay rise, I totally get if he would want to go. I'm sure I would be very tempted.

you counter that with how much playing time he could get - its very valid. Is it short term gain for long term pain, or vice versa? No-one has a fully functioning crystal ball.

I have faith hat the club would only let him go for a decent fee all things being equal, but if the player wants to go, we should let him, because a half interested player is not going to perform well in McClaren's style and his value could decrease.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Eze blah blah blah on 11:44 - Jan 9 with 1208 viewsJordanFoster

Eze blah blah blah on 07:00 - Jan 9 by DWQPR

Having watched Hudson-Odoi last night for the filth and that Bayern Munich are ready to pay £35million for him I would rather have Eze in the QPR side. Eze is a special and rare talent and will only get better. Rangers need to squeeze every last penny out of any bid

You are joking? You'd rather have Eze in the QPR side than Hudson-Odoi?
Eze blah blah blah on 11:51 - Jan 9 with 1198 viewsLongsufferingR

Eze blah blah blah on 20:27 - Jan 8 by eghamranger

Also Palace need an out and out striker.. not a No 10 type player.

They can’t score so want someone who can now..

Matt Smith?
Eze blah blah blah on 13:00 - Jan 9 with 1119 viewsingeminate

Eze blah blah blah on 07:00 - Jan 9 by DWQPR

Having watched Hudson-Odoi last night for the filth and that Bayern Munich are ready to pay £35million for him I would rather have Eze in the QPR side. Eze is a special and rare talent and will only get better. Rangers need to squeeze every last penny out of any bid

I'll prepare for pelters here, but as stands I'd say his market value is circa 4-6 million to any prem club out there.

At champ level I think it is slightly more maybe 4-7 mill.

At prem level I don't think he has enough in his game to deal with the end to end attack and defensive discipline and I think he'd have a really hard time there - in the modern game pretty much the whole team is drilled on defensive shape when they don't have the ball.
His weaknesses are that he doesn't get back in shape/read the game especially well, he's not great in 50/50's. He won a header recently, but in gen he's poor there, often seemingly preferring not to challenge at all. When he has had two men on him he has found it difficult (understandably) to find space to receive the ball in dangerous areas. His scoring record isn't anything special, nor has it been at other levels so far as I am aware. The prem is full of established internationals who have it all, speed, skills, tactical awareness etc and see how many of them struggle to get to grips with the league.

The positives with Eze are just as plentiful, natural balance, eases past players, god given raw talent, decent hold up play, wins fouls all the time. Teams need to double up at Championship level so makes space for other players. Great attitude/personality by all accounts. 100% game changing match winner and at this level when he's on his game he's unplayable.

My guess is he'll go for about 6 mill with add ons and everyone will get outraged, but then he won't play that much and come back to the championship anyway.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Eze blah blah blah on 13:52 - Jan 9 with 1068 viewsJordanFoster

Eze blah blah blah on 13:00 - Jan 9 by ingeminate

I'll prepare for pelters here, but as stands I'd say his market value is circa 4-6 million to any prem club out there.

At champ level I think it is slightly more maybe 4-7 mill.

At prem level I don't think he has enough in his game to deal with the end to end attack and defensive discipline and I think he'd have a really hard time there - in the modern game pretty much the whole team is drilled on defensive shape when they don't have the ball.
His weaknesses are that he doesn't get back in shape/read the game especially well, he's not great in 50/50's. He won a header recently, but in gen he's poor there, often seemingly preferring not to challenge at all. When he has had two men on him he has found it difficult (understandably) to find space to receive the ball in dangerous areas. His scoring record isn't anything special, nor has it been at other levels so far as I am aware. The prem is full of established internationals who have it all, speed, skills, tactical awareness etc and see how many of them struggle to get to grips with the league.

The positives with Eze are just as plentiful, natural balance, eases past players, god given raw talent, decent hold up play, wins fouls all the time. Teams need to double up at Championship level so makes space for other players. Great attitude/personality by all accounts. 100% game changing match winner and at this level when he's on his game he's unplayable.

My guess is he'll go for about 6 mill with add ons and everyone will get outraged, but then he won't play that much and come back to the championship anyway.

This.

I really like Eze and his agent is looking to make hay whilst the sun shines which I completely get.

The comparison to Hudson-Odoi, who is a generational talent is poor, but so is the one with Maddison. IMO JM is far more rounded than Eze - who is a talent.

But he lacks pace badly which is a vital ingredient in the PL. I said on Twitter last night I think we would get somewhere between £5m-£7.5m but would love to be wrong.
Eze blah blah blah on 14:19 - Jan 9 with 1041 views1MoreBrightonR

Eze is an amazing prospect, but just that...a prospect. He definitely isnt premiership level and would, as has been mentioned, be destroyed by his lack of defensive ability and also the fact that he just wont have the time on the ball he currently gets.

Thats not me tearing him apart....these can all be coached in to him and are what make him such an exciting prospect, because the other parts of his game are fantastic...but i'd bve stunned if he got much time on the pitch with any premier league team this season if he left.
Eze blah blah blah on 15:05 - Jan 9 with 977 viewskensalriser

In much the same way that no Prem club is looking at the 9th placed Championship club to poach its manager, aren't there other championship players a Prem club would be looking at in front of Eze?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Eze blah blah blah on 15:32 - Jan 9 with 958 viewsPinnerPaul

Eze blah blah blah on 15:05 - Jan 9 by kensalriser

In much the same way that no Prem club is looking at the 9th placed Championship club to poach its manager, aren't there other championship players a Prem club would be looking at in front of Eze?

Indeed
Login to get fewer ads

Eze blah blah blah on 16:34 - Jan 9 with 889 viewstraininvain

The key difference is that we've made it quite clear that we need to comply with FFP and will sell players if the money is right.

Most clubs in the Championship don't seem to give a toss about FFP so they'd probably be more reluctant to sell a key player, particularly if they're in with a shout of promotion to the promise land of Premiership tv money.
Eze blah blah blah on 16:54 - Jan 9 with 845 viewsCiderwithRsie

Eze blah blah blah on 16:34 - Jan 9 by traininvain

The key difference is that we've made it quite clear that we need to comply with FFP and will sell players if the money is right.

Most clubs in the Championship don't seem to give a toss about FFP so they'd probably be more reluctant to sell a key player, particularly if they're in with a shout of promotion to the promise land of Premiership tv money.

True, but I don't give much for the chances of any Champ Club holding on to a hit prospect if a Perm club comes knocking; once the player wants to go it's hard to keep them.
Eze blah blah blah on 18:15 - Jan 9 with 772 viewsWestbourneR

Eze is so much better than many on here realise, imho, and the last five on so posts on this thread tally with that. I think a lot of our fan base are missing what a rare talent he has.

He's easily got enough to do very well in the Premiership - and he'll be a top player in the Prem. I wouldn't be surprised to see him play for England in time.

I'm nailing my colours to the mast on this one.

We'll see who is right in time.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Eze blah blah blah on 20:32 - Jan 9 with 675 viewsqprd

Except in the last 6 months:

-Leicester poached James Maddison from 14th place Norwich for 20m
-Cardiff poached Bobby Reid from 11th place Bristol City for 10m
-Cardiff also poached Josh Murphy from 14th place Norwich for 20m
-Bournemouth bought David Brooks from 10th place Sheffield United for 11.5m

If anything, the teams most likely to be developing good young Championship players are more likely to be mid-table than at the top or bottom.

At the bottom of the table, managers are too risk averse to play promising kids in fear of getting sacked

The teams at the top of table are more likely spending their way to the top, getting there with experienced Prem players or expensive loanees (see the squads of Villa, Forest, Derby to name a few)

Midtable managers have enough breathing room from the drop to play young kids without the same massive pressure to get results. They also have less selection issues in trying to play an academy pup ahead of a player like bolasie or tammy abraham
[Post edited 9 Jan 2019 20:35]
Eze blah blah blah on 21:22 - Jan 9 with 610 viewsGloryHunter

Eze blah blah blah on 20:32 - Jan 9 by qprd

Except in the last 6 months:

-Leicester poached James Maddison from 14th place Norwich for 20m
-Cardiff poached Bobby Reid from 11th place Bristol City for 10m
-Cardiff also poached Josh Murphy from 14th place Norwich for 20m
-Bournemouth bought David Brooks from 10th place Sheffield United for 11.5m

If anything, the teams most likely to be developing good young Championship players are more likely to be mid-table than at the top or bottom.

At the bottom of the table, managers are too risk averse to play promising kids in fear of getting sacked

The teams at the top of table are more likely spending their way to the top, getting there with experienced Prem players or expensive loanees (see the squads of Villa, Forest, Derby to name a few)

Midtable managers have enough breathing room from the drop to play young kids without the same massive pressure to get results. They also have less selection issues in trying to play an academy pup ahead of a player like bolasie or tammy abraham
[Post edited 9 Jan 2019 20:35]

That's a very good observation.
Eze blah blah blah on 02:00 - Jan 10 with 501 viewstimcocking

I don't think he's done anywhere near enough yet. Can't see him getting a game if he goes now. If he's any sense at all (unlikely, agents are too greedy and don't care to give the player sensible advice imo), he'll remain where he is playing regularly, at least for now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024