Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hughton Gone 09:40 - May 13 with 6716 viewssupahoopsa

Sky sports alert - Brighton sack Chris Hughton.

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

Hughton Gone on 13:20 - May 13 with 2459 viewsCamberleyR

Hughton Gone on 13:07 - May 13 by ellersliehoop

I couldn't agree more

Mate of mine is a Brighton fan. He goes on and on about what a big club they are.....

Hahaha, six seasons in the top flight in their history and still fewer major trophies than little old Queens Park Rangers.(and nobody is counting a pre WW1 Charity Shield...).

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Hughton Gone on 13:37 - May 13 with 2404 viewsNorthernr

Hughton Gone on 12:40 - May 13 by Konk

I think it's impossible to judge fairly unless you regularly watch a side. One of my best mates is a lifelong season-ticket holder and reckoned that it was an absolute chore watching Albion most weeks in the PL, because Hughton primarily set them up not to lose rather than try to win games. Chatting a few weeks ago, he said him as his mates would rather the Albion go down, get someone like Jokanovic in, and at least be able to watch some entertaining football.

He's got a lot of time for Hughton and appreciates he did a great job getting them up, he just didn't want another year of boring, defensive football. Pretty sure that's what Norwich fans said too.

When Curbishley was sacked, Charlton were playing some real turgid stuff and Curbishley had clearly run out of ideas. I think most Charlton regulars thought it was a good decision, but that obviously depends upon the board appointing a decent replacement. Same at Ipswich with McCarthy getting the boot - people saying that Ipswich should have stuck with him - the two season-ticket holders I know still maintain it was the right decision as the football was dreadful and the relationship was toxic with a lot of their support. It's just the Hurst appointment and total overhaul of the squad hasn't worked out.

You can't treat football fans as customers and expect them not to behave as such.
You can't take £30-50 off somebody for a ticket each week and then bore them to death, whatever you achieved before. Pulis going today as well.
Hughton Gone on 13:38 - May 13 with 2400 viewsellersliehoop

Hughton Gone on 13:20 - May 13 by CamberleyR

Hahaha, six seasons in the top flight in their history and still fewer major trophies than little old Queens Park Rangers.(and nobody is counting a pre WW1 Charity Shield...).

Absolutely....

He says they are a much bigger club than us!

How many years of top league football have we had out of interest?
Hughton Gone on 13:39 - May 13 with 2394 viewsrsonist

Hughton Gone on 13:07 - May 13 by ellersliehoop

I couldn't agree more

Mate of mine is a Brighton fan. He goes on and on about what a big club they are.....

If having a brand new stadium, top class training ground and proper youth system is being "blinded by the PL and delusions of grandeur" I only wish TF wasn't so insusceptible.
Hughton Gone on 13:45 - May 13 with 2352 viewsCamberleyR

Hughton Gone on 13:38 - May 13 by ellersliehoop

Absolutely....

He says they are a much bigger club than us!

How many years of top league football have we had out of interest?

Hughton Gone on 14:06 - May 13 with 2266 viewsYorkRanger

Hughton Gone on 13:37 - May 13 by Northernr

You can't treat football fans as customers and expect them not to behave as such.
You can't take £30-50 off somebody for a ticket each week and then bore them to death, whatever you achieved before. Pulis going today as well.

Fair point, although whether concerns over the level of entertainment that the fans were experiencing was at the forefront of the Board's mind in making the decision, is probably a moot point....
Hughton Gone on 14:53 - May 13 with 2177 viewsKonk

Hughton Gone on 14:06 - May 13 by YorkRanger

Fair point, although whether concerns over the level of entertainment that the fans were experiencing was at the forefront of the Board's mind in making the decision, is probably a moot point....

Brighton were very poor this season - even we should have done the double over them, when we threw away a 0-2 lead at their place. I really like Hughton as a bloke and he's clearly very good at getting team's up, but they had the worse possible combination: a team that gets sh it results and places no emphasis on entertainment.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Hughton Gone on 15:18 - May 13 with 2120 viewsYorkRanger

Hughton Gone on 14:53 - May 13 by Konk

Brighton were very poor this season - even we should have done the double over them, when we threw away a 0-2 lead at their place. I really like Hughton as a bloke and he's clearly very good at getting team's up, but they had the worse possible combination: a team that gets sh it results and places no emphasis on entertainment.

Its interesting Konk as they are kind of on a hiding to nothing now. If they go down next season then people will say they have done a Charlton, to strengthen and stay up they will need to invest more and some will say if only they had done the same as Hughton.

I have no problem with Brighton at all. After the miserable years of trying to survive after the Goldstone Ground exit, it would take a churlish person to deny them their Premiership years
Login to get fewer ads

Hughton Gone on 15:25 - May 13 with 2101 viewsKonk

Hughton Gone on 15:18 - May 13 by YorkRanger

Its interesting Konk as they are kind of on a hiding to nothing now. If they go down next season then people will say they have done a Charlton, to strengthen and stay up they will need to invest more and some will say if only they had done the same as Hughton.

I have no problem with Brighton at all. After the miserable years of trying to survive after the Goldstone Ground exit, it would take a churlish person to deny them their Premiership years

From what I've been told, most match-going Albion fans weren't exactly excited about another year of Hughton, so I can't see Bloom getting too much stick from Albion fans if they go down next year, even if their next appointment isn't a great success. Hughton had actually spent a few bob, with very few of those bigger signings having made much of a positive impression.

Hughton Gone on 15:29 - May 13 with 2090 viewsMaggsinho

Looks like Graham Potter to replace him. Interesting choice.
Hughton Gone on 15:56 - May 13 with 2037 viewsSnipper

Hughton Gone on 09:47 - May 13 by Maggsinho

Feels a bit like Charlton sacking Curbishley.

Are you sure Curbishley was sacked?

I thought it was his decision to leave.

I remember listening to a 606 phone in when Curbishley was there. Charlton fans were ringing in saying that Curbishley had taken them as far as he could, and that they needed somebody new to take them to the next level. I remember saying be careful what you wish for.
Hughton Gone on 16:06 - May 13 with 2008 viewsKonk

Hughton Gone on 15:56 - May 13 by Snipper

I remember listening to a 606 phone in when Curbishley was there. Charlton fans were ringing in saying that Curbishley had taken them as far as he could, and that they needed somebody new to take them to the next level. I remember saying be careful what you wish for.

I went to a mind-numbingly dull 0-0 draw against Charlton at the Cottage. Both sets of supporters singing '4-4-2' at one point as both sides set-up with one up front and played out one of the most tedious matches ever. Neither side wanting to lose or having the wit to score. Both managers had the hump with the fans afterwards, and when Curbishley and then Coleman were later replaced, both sets of supporters had to listen/read in the media about what ungrateful/deluded idiots we were; difficult to take from people who haven't lived through the tedium of being bored to tears on a weekly basis by a side playing with no attacking intent. There's more to life than being in the PL - I'd sooner watch Fulham try and play good football, whatever the level.

Hughton Gone on 16:09 - May 13 with 1997 viewsCamberleyR

Hughton Gone on 15:56 - May 13 by Snipper

Re Curbishley
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/charlton_athletic/4958402.stm

Sounded like mutual consent.

BTW, interesting (possibly) fact about him, Alan isn't his actual name, his given first names are Llewellyn Charles.

Hughton Gone on 16:15 - May 13 with 1976 viewsLunarJetman

Hughton Gone on 15:25 - May 13 by Konk

From what I've been told, most match-going Albion fans weren't exactly excited about another year of Hughton, so I can't see Bloom getting too much stick from Albion fans if they go down next year, even if their next appointment isn't a great success. Hughton had actually spent a few bob, with very few of those bigger signings having made much of a positive impression.

Also reported is that Brighton won 3 games from their last 23 matches which is pretty poor by anyone's standards. Sounds like they had a season like we've just had (Good first half of the season and poor second) and no-one raised an eyebrow when Schteeve got the boot.

Not sure they'd do much better without him but there is some logic behind the decision.
Hughton Gone on 17:03 - May 13 with 1919 viewsVancouverHoop

It's seems there are some managers who can be superb getting a team promoted from Div 1 but can't maintain them them in the top division (cf: Neil Warnock). The skill set eludes them, whether it's integrating established top rung players, working with a bigger budget or plain lack of creativity. Hughton seems to be in that category, his track record with Brighton is very similar to his experience at Norwich.
Hughton Gone on 19:32 - May 13 with 1774 viewsSimplyNico

Hughton Gone on 16:09 - May 13 by CamberleyR

Re Curbishley
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/charlton_athletic/4958402.stm

Sounded like mutual consent.

BTW, interesting (possibly) fact about him, Alan isn't his actual name, his given first names are Llewellyn Charles.

Another interesting fact is that AC's brother, Bill, is the manager of the Who.

I had dinner with AC and Frank Warren a few years ago. They looked like identical twins. The only way to tell them apart was Frank's diamond shirt studs.
Hughton Gone on 19:33 - May 13 with 1772 viewssmegma

Hughton Gone on 09:45 - May 13 by loftboy

Another team blinded by the PL and delusions of grandeur. Hope they go down next year

At least they waited until the season finished, We got rid of Warnock after about 3 months.
[Post edited 13 May 2019 21:53]
Hughton Gone on 20:40 - May 13 with 1646 viewsdaveB

He spent about 40 million on 2 strikers last summer and neither of them scored a single goal, always likes Hughton but can see why they sacked him
Hughton Gone on 00:32 - May 14 with 1441 viewsLazyFan

They should get Hughes in. Then at Xmas sack him and replace him with someone else.
This is a proven method way to stay up in the Prem.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

Hughton Gone on 00:37 - May 16 with 1107 viewsnina30

could they not have sacked him a couple of weeks ago? https://audacity.onl/ https://findmyiphone.onl/ https://origin.onl/
[Post edited 16 May 2019 20:06]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024