Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pulis gone 10:10 - May 17 with 5431 viewsNorthernr

As expected, but confirmed now.
Pulis gone on 15:51 - May 17 with 1907 viewsTheChef

Pulis gone on 15:37 - May 17 by Northernr

Agree that they've had some desperately dull teams and managers of late, but as for the town we get a friendlier welcome at Dr Brown's in Boro than we do just about anywhere else in the country. Good mix of both fans, loads of Boro fans actually asking questions about QPR, how we're doing, what's going on, players etc. Knowledgeable, friendly and very welcoming lot. Love it up there.

And the Parmos are to die for, darling.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Pulis gone on 17:14 - May 17 with 1805 viewsMytch_QPR

Pulis gone on 12:28 - May 17 by Hunterhoop

Well, I think from the Chairman’s point of view, they’re a bit worried about his approach to financial transactions. Lots of rumours about, shall we say, leakage, at his previous clubs.

He's Welsh - bound to be some leaks involved somewhere.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Pulis gone on 17:23 - May 17 with 1793 viewspaesanu

Great stat doing the rounds

‎In the last 11 seasons, Cristiano Ronaldo has scored more goals than Tony Pulis' teams (542 vs 521)

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

Pulis gone on 18:55 - May 17 with 1696 viewsFredManRave

Pulis gone on 13:33 - May 17 by DannyPaddox

Or simply: P3N1S

Or: MET1CULOU5

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Pulis gone on 19:06 - May 17 with 1673 viewsNorthernr

The thing for me with Pulis is this. If you're West Brom, or Crystal Palace when he first went there, or Stoke, and you're desperate to just stay up by any means necessary, then that's fine. You get a Pulis and he'll do that job. He'll be really, really pragmatic about it, he'll know that every point is precious, and he'll scrap them out by bullying more talented teams, or putting ten behind the ball and getting a 0-0. That's all fine, sometimes you need that.

What I don't get is that Middlesbrough weren't in that situation. There was money to spend. He had £25m worth of strikers, he had some really talented midfielders there, he had the outstanding centre back from the year before. Supportive chairman. It was all there. And he still, still, just went with the long ball, one up front, ten men behind the ball, granular, defensive tedium.

Fcking hell, even Allardyce when given the chance put a team together had Okocha, Djorkaeff in there and they were great to watch for a while. You could give Pulis £200m to spend and he'd still do the same thing. I don't get it, because it's dreadful to watch and must be dire to be a part of.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Pulis gone on 19:10 - May 17 with 1653 viewsFredManRave

Didn't he get a huge fine for "financial irregularities" quite recently?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Pulis gone on 21:01 - May 17 with 1583 viewsNortholt_Rs

Pulis gone on 15:50 - May 17 by Lblock

No mention of Schteeve?

Well I never

Or Holloway....

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Pulis gone on 21:32 - May 17 with 1548 viewsNortholt_Rs

Pulis gone on 18:55 - May 17 by FredManRave

Or: MET1CULOU5

How about C11NT

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Login to get fewer ads

Pulis gone on 23:26 - May 17 with 1456 viewsMrSheen

Pulis gone on 19:10 - May 17 by FredManRave

Didn't he get a huge fine for "financial irregularities" quite recently?!

Not a fine, but High Court judgement for “fraudulent behaviour”, had to pay Palace £3.75m in compensation and costs. Then there was the Berahino saga at West Brom, where Peace wouldn’t let him sell a ridiculously overvalued player because he was dubious about how the proceeds would be reinvested. Dirtier than a dog’s Rrrrrs.
Pulis gone on 23:39 - May 17 with 1435 viewsLoftgirl

Pulis gone on 11:00 - May 17 by Konk

This is the personal reference I now provide on behalf of Mark to all prospective employers:

As a player, Mark served Man Utd, Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Southampton with distinction. He was well known for his muscular thighs, Larry the lamb hairdo and acrobatic volleys. I once saw him take a overhead scissor-kick free-kick whilst he was lying on his side on the floor inside his own half, facing his own goal.

As a manager, Mark is to be avoided.

Legs like a snooker table but collapsed in a heap at the slightest touch. Macca's sending off at OT a good example.
Pulis gone on 00:03 - May 18 with 1412 viewsjtuck

Those of us around at the time can tell you that any Pulis team is a circus of entertainment compared to the Jack Charlton managed Boro teams of the mid-70s. They had mean, nasty, dirty players like Craggs, Boam and Spraggon and played anti-football.

LAranger

Pulis gone on 00:17 - May 18 with 1407 viewsbob566

Pulis gone on 19:06 - May 17 by Northernr

The thing for me with Pulis is this. If you're West Brom, or Crystal Palace when he first went there, or Stoke, and you're desperate to just stay up by any means necessary, then that's fine. You get a Pulis and he'll do that job. He'll be really, really pragmatic about it, he'll know that every point is precious, and he'll scrap them out by bullying more talented teams, or putting ten behind the ball and getting a 0-0. That's all fine, sometimes you need that.

What I don't get is that Middlesbrough weren't in that situation. There was money to spend. He had £25m worth of strikers, he had some really talented midfielders there, he had the outstanding centre back from the year before. Supportive chairman. It was all there. And he still, still, just went with the long ball, one up front, ten men behind the ball, granular, defensive tedium.

Fcking hell, even Allardyce when given the chance put a team together had Okocha, Djorkaeff in there and they were great to watch for a while. You could give Pulis £200m to spend and he'd still do the same thing. I don't get it, because it's dreadful to watch and must be dire to be a part of.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Loved that bolton team. Great to watch
Pulis gone on 00:35 - May 18 with 1403 viewsWEAREAWFUL

whos next on our shit boring managers list , dyche .hodgson or benitez . from qpr supporters its a joke. the joint fifth from top, of the all time total of most managers list and we have had some shit managing our club,right back to alec stock leaving i can only remember 3 decent managers. jago, sexton, venables ( warnock gets an honourable mention) we would not of been where we have for the last 3 seasons with pullis or allardyce, it may have been boring but we wouldnt of been worrying where the next point was coming from. roll on next year under our 51st manager
Pulis gone on 00:48 - May 18 with 1394 viewsbob566

Pulis gone on 00:35 - May 18 by WEAREAWFUL

whos next on our shit boring managers list , dyche .hodgson or benitez . from qpr supporters its a joke. the joint fifth from top, of the all time total of most managers list and we have had some shit managing our club,right back to alec stock leaving i can only remember 3 decent managers. jago, sexton, venables ( warnock gets an honourable mention) we would not of been where we have for the last 3 seasons with pullis or allardyce, it may have been boring but we wouldnt of been worrying where the next point was coming from. roll on next year under our 51st manager

Gerry francis had us top london team in the premiership. Hes worth a mention
Pulis gone on 06:59 - May 18 with 1309 viewsSirNose

Pulis gone on 14:09 - May 17 by Juzzie

I only lumped him in with the others in the sense I don't think he should get another Managerial job. His brand of football is awful and only gets jobs because people who employ him adopt the 'it's a results business' mantra and think finishing 17th in the PL seems to be deemed a success.

I like Pulis
[Post edited 2 Aug 2020 7:04]
Pulis gone on 07:21 - May 18 with 1291 viewspaulparker

Pulis gone on 00:48 - May 18 by bob566

Gerry francis had us top london team in the premiership. Hes worth a mention

Don’t forget Don Howe he laid the foundations for that Francis team and got to the FA cup QTR finals

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Pulis gone on 08:10 - May 18 with 1256 viewsMrSheen

Pulis gone on 00:17 - May 18 by bob566

Loved that bolton team. Great to watch

They had Anelka at his best, too. Hard to believe now.
Pulis gone on 08:40 - May 18 with 1228 viewsKonk

Pulis gone on 13:53 - May 17 by DannyPaddox

Tony's not gonna like this ...

To the tune of "Blah blah blah's having a party/bring your vodka..."

"Tony Pulis on his scooter/on the pavement, bibbing his hooter"

"I said Doctor, it's only the fags and the booze that are keeping me going! Who wants another one? Is that rain?"
[Post edited 18 May 2019 8:43]

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Pulis gone on 03:47 - May 27 with 903 views18StoneOfHoop

Pulis gone on 00:03 - May 18 by jtuck

Those of us around at the time can tell you that any Pulis team is a circus of entertainment compared to the Jack Charlton managed Boro teams of the mid-70s. They had mean, nasty, dirty players like Craggs, Boam and Spraggon and played anti-football.

jtuck you're in particular referring to the terrible Tuesday night 0-0 draw at HQ to Big Jack's Boro February 25th 1975 when you were 2 months shy of being 14 years old,I presume? They finished 7th that season back in the top-flight so probably JC would doubtless say the ends justify the progenitor anti-football means.

Note Spraggon's toughest opponent

Real men on Tyneside not eating quiche but plenty of steak
[Post edited 27 May 2019 3:55]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024