Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Glastonbury 22:03 - Jun 28 with 11577 viewsloftboy

How annoying would it be to have paid a lot of money for a ticket only to have an attention seeking slapped perched on someone’s shoulders in front of you? I know what I would do!!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Glastonbury on 10:42 - Jul 1 with 1665 viewsMick_S

Glastonbury on 10:39 - Jul 1 by smegma

Sorry but they are basically a J Pop manufactured band who wear black clobber and have metal in their name to attract a certain crowd. You might as well invite No Direction along to reform if that's a good band.

I've got no connection with One Direction.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Glastonbury on 10:56 - Jul 1 with 1624 viewsElHoop

The worst thing about Glastonbury is being stood near people who don't really want to watch whatever is playing on the stage at the time. They stand there yapping away - better to be near the front amongst what are likely to be real fans of that particular act. This isn't a problem at normal gigs as everyone wants to be there.
Glastonbury on 12:00 - Jul 1 with 1566 viewswestberksr

Glastonbury on 10:56 - Jul 1 by ElHoop

The worst thing about Glastonbury is being stood near people who don't really want to watch whatever is playing on the stage at the time. They stand there yapping away - better to be near the front amongst what are likely to be real fans of that particular act. This isn't a problem at normal gigs as everyone wants to be there.

I wouldn't bet on it for normal gigs; the amount of people who seem happy to chat through gigs and the whoop & holler at the end of a song!

Told 2 bints to fukk off to the bar for a chat if they can't stop their incessant chat for 90 minutes at Gary Clark Jnr last week; they seemed shocked at my displeasure.

Amazing how people think its acceptable to stand amongst a crowd that have paid £30+ each and then shout at each other to be heard over the band! Utterkuntiness of the highest order!!
Glastonbury on 12:06 - Jul 1 with 1565 viewsDorse

I liked: Tame Impala, Johnny Marr, Sean Paul, The Streets, The Cure.

The rest left no particular impression.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Glastonbury on 12:35 - Jul 1 with 1496 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Shows the dichotomy

Was sad to see acts like Mavis Staples, Rikki Lee Jones and Lukas Nelson playing on obscure stages in front of a few hundred people, while management created, publicity borne acts played in front of thousands following the hype.

Unfortunately, as it will always be
Glastonbury on 12:47 - Jul 1 with 1474 viewsTheChef

Glastonbury on 09:53 - Jul 1 by CroydonCaptJack

Spot on.
This is the modern world eh

You could of course use your memory to remember these amazing events. But that's a bit 20th Century isn't it?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Glastonbury on 13:26 - Jul 1 with 1403 viewsNed_Kennedys

Glastonbury on 12:35 - Jul 1 by WrightUp5hit___

Shows the dichotomy

Was sad to see acts like Mavis Staples, Rikki Lee Jones and Lukas Nelson playing on obscure stages in front of a few hundred people, while management created, publicity borne acts played in front of thousands following the hype.

Unfortunately, as it will always be

To be fair Mavis Staples played the pyramid stage and Rikki Lee Jones headlined the acoustic stage which is a large area.
Glastonbury on 13:53 - Jul 1 with 1350 viewsSimonJames

I've had a couple of random women ask to sit on my shoulders at gigs in the past and the payback was well worth it...

100% of people who drink water will die.

Login to get fewer ads

Glastonbury on 14:02 - Jul 1 with 1327 viewsToast_R

Glastonbury on 12:47 - Jul 1 by TheChef

You could of course use your memory to remember these amazing events. But that's a bit 20th Century isn't it?

The worst is firework displays, it's over in a few minutes and you will never watch whatever crap footage you've just captured anyway and you're missing it in real time.
Glastonbury on 14:04 - Jul 1 with 1318 viewsSonofNorfolt

Had a good night at Hammersmith last night watching The B-52s, and I'm not sure if they have played Glastonbury before, but they won't now which is a shame, as I cannot think of a better festival band.
Glastonbury on 14:10 - Jul 1 with 1299 viewsderbyhoop

I've never been a fan but both me and my wife were bored to tears by Kylie.
Thought Killers, Courteeners and Johnny Marr were good.
Caught a bit of Liam G but his voice sounded weaker than before and the arrogant posturing has worn thin.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Glastonbury on 15:49 - Jul 1 with 1205 viewsericgen34

Just back, and loved it! Even if I'm probably too old for the rough camping

Loved Koffee and Mattiel. Johnny Marr and The Charlatans were also brilliant, but Janelle Monae stole the show for me. Not my type of music, yet stunning all round performance
Glastonbury on 15:58 - Jul 1 with 1189 viewsElHoop

Glastonbury on 12:00 - Jul 1 by westberksr

I wouldn't bet on it for normal gigs; the amount of people who seem happy to chat through gigs and the whoop & holler at the end of a song!

Told 2 bints to fukk off to the bar for a chat if they can't stop their incessant chat for 90 minutes at Gary Clark Jnr last week; they seemed shocked at my displeasure.

Amazing how people think its acceptable to stand amongst a crowd that have paid £30+ each and then shout at each other to be heard over the band! Utterkuntiness of the highest order!!

I can't remember being that annoyed by anybody at a normal gig, but it's very annoying if you are stuck next to someone talking like that. Happened to me at Glastonbury a couple of years ago when i was watching Radiohead and the people I was with were talking non-stop. i just wanted them to feck off and go and have a beer or something.

Another annoying thing at normal gigs is when you have a seat and the people behind start moaning when you stand up and move and groove about with the music. Bloody waste of time going if you're going to sit down all night. If someone stands up in front of me then i just stand up as well, if I'm not already up.
Glastonbury on 01:33 - Jul 2 with 1043 viewsbob566

Glastonbury on 15:49 - Jul 1 by ericgen34

Just back, and loved it! Even if I'm probably too old for the rough camping

Loved Koffee and Mattiel. Johnny Marr and The Charlatans were also brilliant, but Janelle Monae stole the show for me. Not my type of music, yet stunning all round performance

This. Only catching up tonight. She was amazing. Never heard of her. My ignorance. She was outstanding. Meant to add she reminds me of a female James Brown
[Post edited 2 Jul 2019 1:38]
Glastonbury on 09:48 - Jul 2 with 900 viewssmegma

Glastonbury on 01:33 - Jul 2 by bob566

This. Only catching up tonight. She was amazing. Never heard of her. My ignorance. She was outstanding. Meant to add she reminds me of a female James Brown

So June Brown ?? Her son Nicks a wrong 'un.
Glastonbury on 09:52 - Jul 2 with 894 viewsMick_S

Glastonbury on 09:48 - Jul 2 by smegma

So June Brown ?? Her son Nicks a wrong 'un.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Glastonbury on 12:52 - Jul 2 with 847 viewsrobith

Glastonbury on 10:56 - Jul 1 by ElHoop

It is actually a massive problem at gigs tbh
Glastonbury on 12:54 - Jul 2 with 842 viewsrobith

I used to go all the time, but the last time was 2011. This is the first time I've wanted to go back
Glastonbury on 12:59 - Jul 2 with 814 viewsNed_Kennedys

Glastonbury on 12:54 - Jul 2 by robith

I used to go all the time, but the last time was 2011. This is the first time I've wanted to go back

Yeah 2011 was the last time I went too.
Glastonbury on 14:04 - Jul 2 with 768 viewsericgen34

Glastonbury on 01:33 - Jul 2 by bob566

I see what you mean, she also reminds me of Prince. The musicians around her were also brilliant
Glastonbury on 14:07 - Jul 2 with 759 viewsFDC

2008 was the last year I went -- the HOT one. So, so hot. And also the one where the last England group game was shown on the Pyramid on the Thursday, and then England getting gob-bummed by Germany was shown later in the weekend.

Great times. Anyone moaning about the headliners has never been. If you can't find something to lose yourself in at a festival the size of Newcastle (true fact), I don't know what to say to you. In fact having crap headliners is a blessing because you can go and get lost in Shangri-La or Arcadia or somewhere without worrying about missing out.
Glastonbury on 14:10 - Jul 2 with 748 viewsFDC

Watching on catch-up, one of the best I watched so far is Fatoumata Diawara on the West Holt. I saw her last year before she was pregnant, and she was a lot more electric, but her performance at Glastonbury looked great. Her cover of Sinnerman is great.

This made me smile too:

Glastonbury on 14:23 - Jul 2 with 703 viewsRangersDave

Talk of this rapping duet being a fit up, as word is the guy from the audience was a ringer.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Glastonbury on 14:39 - Jul 2 with 671 viewsNed_Kennedys

Glastonbury on 14:23 - Jul 2 by RangersDave

Talk of this rapping duet being a fit up, as word is the guy from the audience was a ringer.

Interviewed on the news yesterday, he's only 15 so seems legit.
Glastonbury on 14:45 - Jul 2 with 661 viewsNed_Kennedys

Glastonbury on 14:07 - Jul 2 by FDC

2008 was the last year I went -- the HOT one. So, so hot. And also the one where the last England group game was shown on the Pyramid on the Thursday, and then England getting gob-bummed by Germany was shown later in the weekend.

Great times. Anyone moaning about the headliners has never been. If you can't find something to lose yourself in at a festival the size of Newcastle (true fact), I don't know what to say to you. In fact having crap headliners is a blessing because you can go and get lost in Shangri-La or Arcadia or somewhere without worrying about missing out.

2010: we decided to watch Slash instead of watching the football which was a great shout in hindsight. Was a good year: down the front for Stranglers, then Willie Nelson then Snoop Dogg one after the other!
I think the 'alternative' side of the festival has lost its edge now: you could hardly move in ShangriLa last time I was there. Much edgier in the travellers fields/Lost Vagueness days: you could find some mad thing to see or do back in the day. Spent all night in a tent/bar that just served EastEnders Luvley Bubbly champagne or tequila one year.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024