Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mass 13:27 - Jul 20 with 9188 viewsPikey

The club gave got this wrong . Yeh I agree we should sell but as no one is looking to buy him is it fair that hes told to train with the under 23s.? He dont deserve that.
Is it really the case that if hes still here after the window shuts that he'll be frozen out ? Can we afford to do that if we dont sell? Is it fair on the boy?
Mass on 21:46 - Jul 20 with 2932 viewsPunteR

Its nonsense. We cant be a genuine selling club when one of your best players has to train with the under 23s because we cant afford him.
Shabby inho.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Mass on 23:50 - Jul 20 with 2750 viewsGloucs_R

Mass on 21:46 - Jul 20 by PunteR

Its nonsense. We cant be a genuine selling club when one of your best players has to train with the under 23s because we cant afford him.
Shabby inho.

But it's not true

Poll: Are we staying up?

Mass on 23:51 - Jul 20 with 2749 viewsHunterhoop

If we can’t sell him, he must play. He’s one of, if not, our best players. He works hard and puts in a shift. He hasn’t asked to leave.

The fact he may be on a big salary is not his fault. The club need to be careful, you can’t bully an employee just because you agreed to pay him too much and now want to re out a return on your investment. Besides, if 2 players are tied up I. One proven player at this level, you don’t cut your nose off to spit your face. Basically means we’re trying to operate on an even lower budget than we actually have.

Wood, trees and seeing through them springs to mind.
Mass on 04:26 - Jul 21 with 2617 viewsDylanP

People on here don't half talk shte sometimes. People just love to be outraged. None of us know what the situation is. Is he injured? Is he ostracized? Is he being sold? Is he on strike for more ketchup on his chips? Maybe to all. Maybe the club is doing the right thing and maybe it isn't. Why don't we wait it out for a couple of weeks and see what happens before getting up in arms about the imaginary wisdom or stupidity of the clubs next move?

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Mass on 08:41 - Jul 21 with 2473 viewsR_from_afar

Mass on 04:26 - Jul 21 by DylanP

People on here don't half talk shte sometimes. People just love to be outraged. None of us know what the situation is. Is he injured? Is he ostracized? Is he being sold? Is he on strike for more ketchup on his chips? Maybe to all. Maybe the club is doing the right thing and maybe it isn't. Why don't we wait it out for a couple of weeks and see what happens before getting up in arms about the imaginary wisdom or stupidity of the clubs next move?

Agreed. I seem to recall that Evil Les said Mass had indicated he wanted a new challenge.

One could argue that playing in a team with virtually no strikers would be just such a challenge.

I'm going to make my starting position 'The club does know what it's doing" rather than the opposite and wait to see what happens...

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Mass on 09:19 - Jul 21 with 2428 viewsHunterhoop

Mass on 04:26 - Jul 21 by DylanP

To be clear, i’m not outraged, and financially, I hope we sell him. But it’s been 3 weeks now that he’s not been training with the first team. The only explanation from the club was that they though his future may elsewhere. Great, if we have a buyer. If we don’t, we’re cutting our nose off to spite our face, and I don’t see any logic to say otherwise. We’ll all know by early Aug, but if he’s not been bought, he surely must return to the first team, which won’t as straightforward as it should be given he won’t have been practising with them. What are we gaining by making him train with the kids? Either clubs want to buy him at our asking price and pay him his salary or they don’t. Where he trains is just bullying him for stuff he can’t control. Fine, if it’s a punishment for something, but the club have said nothing to explain it apart from they want to sell him to recoup money on him as an asset. That’s not Mass’s fault.
Mass on 10:08 - Jul 21 with 2360 viewsrsonist

Yeah it's hard to understand what we've gained by all this. Omitting him doesn't expedite any sale particularly and if the worst happens and he doesn't leave we've put ourselves in a really stupid situation for no reason at all. Mass isn't disruptive (isn't even a big bold positive character the team need to get over either you'd imagine) and isn't turning down a series of juicy contracts so what's the point?

I'm sure the manager would ideally probably rather not work with players who'll be off soon but the wider pragmatic interests of the club is exactly what the DoF is there to enforce.

I said the other week it was firesale logic, because we've depreciated our asset (he won't be match fit for anyone) and basically handed away any leverage and room to manoeuvre we might've had (if he isn't sold we can't use him ourselves). There's a big difference between buyers knowing we're willing sellers and buyers knowing we're left with little option but to take anything we get.

I expect it'll still all be fine in the end and he will be sold for a mediocre but acceptable fee soon enough, this week hopefully. But I really doubt any of this will have helped, and the risk we'll have flirted with entirely of our own making is alarming and bodes ominously for the future.
Mass on 09:12 - Jul 22 with 2082 views00calben

It could just be that MW isn't involving him as we expect him to be sold.

Imagine the uproar if MW spent pre-season building his midfield around Mass for him to then be sold, having known full well we were trying to sell him. It would be crazy.

If we can't move him on he is integrated back in to the group, works his way back in to the team.

Sensible management from the Club by trying to get some money for him, and by the manager for planning life without him.
Login to get fewer ads

Mass on 09:26 - Jul 22 with 2064 viewsNorthernr

Zero interest in him atm so it'll be interesting to see how they handle this if he's still here when the window closed.

Whole thing looks like a total botched job.
Mass on 09:45 - Jul 22 with 2013 viewsdaveB

One of those that is going to look stupid if we don't sell him and sensible if we do so knowing QPR he'll end up going nowhere
Mass on 09:52 - Jul 22 with 1998 viewsstevec

From what I understand of Warburton, he likes to build pass and move teams.

Consequently, can someone explain to me exactly how Luongo fits into that?

He can't pass and he can barely move. And in four years I'm struggling to recall witnessing him ever do both things simultaneously.

To be fair, think he did it in a game against Leeds last season when Freeman scored. I guess if he hangs around until the 22/23 season we may get another glimpse.

The best hope for those longing for a Mass renaissance is if this pass and move malarkey falls flat on it's face and we go back to ten men behind a ball we mostly get a feel of when booting it into touch.

You must by now have noticed, Clive alludes to it, that no other clubs seem too enticed by our Emperor, with or without his clothes.
Mass on 10:19 - Jul 22 with 1960 viewsdavman

Mass on 09:26 - Jul 22 by Northernr

Zero interest in him atm so it'll be interesting to see how they handle this if he's still here when the window closed.

Watch as he gets loaned out to a relegation rival just to save some wages...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Mass (n/t) on 12:06 - Jul 22 with 1860 viewsDejR_vu

Mass on 09:26 - Jul 22 by Northernr

What, not even Man City?
[Post edited 22 Jul 2019 12:07]

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Mass on 12:20 - Jul 22 with 1828 viewsconnell10

Sell Furlong to cover his wages for a year then he walks for nothing when his contract expires! Simples.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Mass on 12:23 - Jul 22 with 1820 viewsDejR_vu

Mass on 12:20 - Jul 22 by connell10

Sell Furlong to cover his wages for a year then he walks for nothing when his contract expires! Simples.

Another great bit of development

Mass on 13:07 - Jul 22 with 1727 viewsconnell10

Mass on 12:23 - Jul 22 by DejR_vu

Another great bit of development

Yeah well I'm in that kinda mood mate!

Mass on 13:12 - Jul 22 with 1715 viewsDejR_vu

Mass on 13:07 - Jul 22 by connell10

Yeah well I'm in that kinda mood mate!

I agree with you, it was more a bit on tongue-in-cheek at the club. Buy a player to develop, overpay him, let him go for nothing and cover the loss by selling an academy graduate under value. Genius!

Mass on 13:18 - Jul 22 with 1687 viewsconnell10

Mass on 13:12 - Jul 22 by DejR_vu

I agree with you, it was more a bit on tongue-in-cheek at the club. Buy a player to develop, overpay him, let him go for nothing and cover the loss by selling an academy graduate under value. Genius!

I pray to God this ain't true mate I really do!

Mass on 15:44 - Jul 22 with 1596 viewsrsonist

Mass on 15:50 - Jul 22 with 1564 viewsstevec

Mass on 15:44 - Jul 22 by rsonist

....braced for bids to come in for him during the last week of the summer window'

Nurse, Nurse.
Mass on 15:59 - Jul 22 with 1542 viewsDejR_vu

Mass on 15:50 - Jul 22 by stevec

....braced for bids to come in for him during the last week of the summer window'

Nurse, Nurse.

I’m guessing we’ll end up giving him away and subsidising his wages just to shift the rest of his wages from the books.

This looks like it could have potential to be very embarrassing for some people at the club.

Mass on 18:14 - Jul 22 with 1441 viewssimmo

"bracing for bids"

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Mass on 19:21 - Jul 22 with 1384 viewsNorthernr

Mass on 18:14 - Jul 22 by simmo

"bracing for bids"

Braced with open arms and the kettle on.
Mass on 11:42 - Jul 24 with 1070 viewsconnell10

Waiting with their arses up in the air waiting to get shafted again more like!

Mass on 11:51 - Jul 24 with 1021 viewsstevec

Mass on 11:42 - Jul 24 by connell10

Waiting with their arses up in the air waiting to get shafted again more like!

You have to ask who sanctioned the sort of wages he's on, with his updated contract, such that literally nobody is showing any kind if interest.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024