Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BOS subbed after scoring 19:52 - Oct 6 with 2682 viewsNW5Hoop

I thought that was a great substitution. Once I saw Hugill ready to come on, a good bit before the goal, I assumed it would be BOS coming off, given he was by a distance the least effective of the attacking players. After he scored, I wondered if Warburton might change his mind, since there was less tactical need to and it can look odd taking off a player whose last touch put the ball in the net. But he kept on with his plan — and the result was that BOS got to walk off to a standing ovation, rather than the polite applause he would have got had he not just scored. The way to make a substitution good for his confidence.
BOS subbed after scoring on 20:10 - Oct 6 with 2599 viewsbosh67

I have a feeling that it may have been pre-planned that this would be the swap around the time if circumstances dictated it. The fact that BOS scored at that moment helped it look clever.

It changed the dynamic of the forward line and gave their defence something else to think about down the middle.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

BOS subbed after scoring on 21:20 - Oct 6 with 2471 viewsTacticalR

Wasn't he hooked because just before the goal there was a danger of a bit of afters?

I didn't see it but I think something happened with one of the Blackburn players (maybe Bell). My mate said that another Blackburn player had then done us a favour by pulling BOS away from further trouble.

Air hostess clique

BOS subbed after scoring on 21:37 - Oct 6 with 2420 viewsterryb

BOS subbed after scoring on 21:20 - Oct 6 by TacticalR

Wasn't he hooked because just before the goal there was a danger of a bit of afters?

I didn't see it but I think something happened with one of the Blackburn players (maybe Bell). My mate said that another Blackburn player had then done us a favour by pulling BOS away from further trouble.

It definitely looked that way to me, but I don't think that was the reason for the substitution.

He is returning from injury & also played last Wednesday. I would think that Warburton was always going to make that change.
BOS subbed after scoring on 22:01 - Oct 6 with 2368 viewseastside_r

It was definitely pre-planned but I think they should have left him on as a confidence boost.

As has been pointed out, scoring is the one thing he really needs to add to his game consistently.
BOS subbed after scoring on 22:11 - Oct 6 with 2335 viewsstevec

Probably kicking himself for not taking the long route back to the dug out like Chair.
BOS subbed after scoring on 23:17 - Oct 6 with 2205 viewsBoston

BOS subbed after scoring on 22:01 - Oct 6 by eastside_r

It was definitely pre-planned but I think they should have left him on as a confidence boost.

As has been pointed out, scoring is the one thing he really needs to add to his game consistently.

Commentary on the audio had him as the player who would be coming off, before he scored.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

BOS subbed after scoring on 23:21 - Oct 6 with 2198 viewsLythamR

BOS subbed after scoring on 23:17 - Oct 6 by Boston

Commentary on the audio had him as the player who would be coming off, before he scored.

whatever, he now has 2 weeks where the last thing he did was stick the ball in the net which has to be a good thing for his confidence.

with a assist and a goal i am both delighted and relieved for him
BOS subbed after scoring on 23:57 - Oct 6 with 2153 viewstimcocking

Personally, the adrenaline rush after scoring was so great, that one basically has a magic +2 stat boost across the board for the next five minutes. I'd have been mortified to have been removed at that exact moment, i've never come across such a thing before.

In Mark i trust, though. At the moment, he still seems some sort of miracle worker to me.

Also, i was pleased to see, to me, our best three players, i.e. Eze, Chair and Bright on together at the start as the attacking triumvirate.
Login to get fewer ads

BOS subbed after scoring on 08:29 - Oct 7 with 2001 viewsHastings_Hoops

BOS subbed after scoring on 23:21 - Oct 6 by LythamR

whatever, he now has 2 weeks where the last thing he did was stick the ball in the net which has to be a good thing for his confidence.

with a assist and a goal i am both delighted and relieved for him

I was sat next to the dugout. Hughill was was getting ready to come on a couple of minutes before the goal. Great to see a manager with conviction who makes a good decision and sticks to it (contrast to McClaren).

You can hear every word shouted from the bench from EL block. Brilliant to see Warbs (and Eustace) constantly talking the players through the match.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024