Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sheff Urd/Wilder 20:42 - Jan 10 with 4874 views100percent

In on a friday night having the misfortune to watch the sheff utd/west ham game... a few observations....
1) if you were luke freeman having to watch this dirge how frustrated would you be - not even on the bench??
2) Is chris wilder the new sam allardyce?
3) what exactly does mcgoldrick do to get picked week in week out??
4) still unsure how sheff utd went up last season and are currently sitting 8th....

what a load of nonsense.... I need to get out more.....
Sheff Urd/Wilder on 01:47 - Jan 12 with 861 viewsBenny_the_Ball

I can't understand the criticism quite frankly. Sheffield United are a newly promoted team that is currently sitting 6th in the Premier League with pretty much the same squad that got them there. Wilder is performing miracles.
Sheff Urd/Wilder on 07:27 - Jan 12 with 814 viewsjonno

Sheff Urd/Wilder on 10:11 - Jan 11 by DavieQPR

BOS, Chair and Eze could ask Freeman if the grass is greener in the Prem. Do they want to play football at the moment or sit at home checking their bank balance.

Given that 99% of footballers, no doubt, "guided" bytheir agents, are really only interested in maximising their earnings, `i would suggest the latterYou only become a better player by NOT playng, it seems.

I suppose the question is -what would YOU do in a similar position?
Sheff Urd/Wilder on 12:00 - Jan 13 with 712 viewsPinnerPaul

Sheff Urd/Wilder on 09:26 - Jan 11 by Toast_R

A blatant handball by Rice, knocks a ball with his hand to get passed a chsllenge, not sure why the controversy?

Have to agree, handball using old laws, with new handball law that was 100% correct decision.
Sheff Urd/Wilder on 12:51 - Jan 13 with 674 viewsloftboy

I wish we were as shit as Sheffield United when we went up.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Sheff Urd/Wilder on 14:14 - Jan 13 with 645 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Late to the party on this thread but here is my bold call:

Chris Wilder should be England manager once Southgate fails at the Euro's.

A natural born winner, with a great character, likeable personality, and attractive football, and his way of playing with attacking full backs is literally perfect for England's players.

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Sheff Urd/Wilder on 16:16 - Jan 13 with 609 viewswhittocksRs

Sheff Urd/Wilder on 12:24 - Jan 11 by bosh67

It happens a lot though. Player wants to challenge themselves at Prem level. He was 27/28 when he went. Problem is he's like so many in the Prem that take the step up... a squad player, and a marginal one at that. Players have ambitions but perhaps it would be a better idea if there was a system where a club like us loaned Freeman to Utd for one window and they pay his salary, take a look at him at that level and if it works out they pay the going rate. If not, he returns to the level he can get regular football at. Obviously Luke is on a lot more money and all that there but at what cost to his career. I agree. Eze may leave us for £15+m and sit and rot on a Prem bench or not even that in the end. There should be another sort of try before you buy system for all parties perhaps?

It's sad to see our great former players rotting on the bench of Premier League clubs but that's not our problem - the aim has to be to develop players, sell them for significant cash and reinvest in great young players and go again. What happens to them afterwards is by the by, though I'd hate Eze's progress to stall as I want to see him in the Champions League and for England.

The key thing is we are identifying those hidden gems, getting them early, improving them and improving the club's standing and selling.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024