Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lumley 12:05 - Jan 18 with 2925 viewsconnell10

Dropped completely!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Lumley on 12:06 - Jan 18 with 2508 viewsHooparoo

Good

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Lumley on 12:13 - Jan 18 with 2454 viewsSuperhoop83

Lumley on 12:06 - Jan 18 by Hooparoo

Good

It was necessary for his sake. It would now be good if supporters stopped making negative comments about him. He is a good keeper, he has had a poor season at times and he needs a break.

Suffering since 1978.

Lumley on 12:26 - Jan 18 with 2408 viewsNov77

Lumley on 12:13 - Jan 18 by Superhoop83

It was necessary for his sake. It would now be good if supporters stopped making negative comments about him. He is a good keeper, he has had a poor season at times and he needs a break.

Not dropped, injured, warburton confirmed he hurt his neck in training.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Lumley on 12:40 - Jan 18 with 2355 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Lumley. Dropped. Now there’s two words I’ve read a lot of in the same sentence.

Boy needs to go back and just get his head and act together. There was a good keeper showing promise there a while back; only he can find that again.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Lumley on 12:46 - Jan 18 with 2341 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Lumley on 12:26 - Jan 18 by Nov77

Good management.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Lumley on 12:48 - Jan 18 with 2334 viewsGloucs_R

What... Looking behind him to see what the ball ended up?

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Lumley on 15:36 - Jan 18 with 2082 viewsE17hoop

It was said before the game he hurt his neck in training yesterday. Post match, Kelly said he was told he was playing on Thursday.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Lumley on 16:34 - Jan 18 with 1940 viewsridethewave

Lumley on 12:13 - Jan 18 by Superhoop83

What about him makes you say he’s a good keeper? By every conceivable measure, he’s not. Some will defend him to the hilt. All have an opinion of course, but I just can’t agree that he’s a good keeper, certainly not at this level.

Pleased to see Kelly start for whatever reason today and thought he was superb.
Login to get fewer ads

Lumley on 07:36 - Jan 19 with 1583 viewsdixiedean

Lumley on 16:34 - Jan 18 by ridethewave

What about him makes you say he’s a good keeper? By every conceivable measure, he’s not. Some will defend him to the hilt. All have an opinion of course, but I just can’t agree that he’s a good keeper, certainly not at this level.

Pleased to see Kelly start for whatever reason today and thought he was superb.

Whether he's a good keeper or not doesn't justify the snide comments made about him here and elsewhere never mind the disgusting social media abuse . The guy needs a break for his own well being and to get his career back on track. Even if he's not a good keeper the abuse isn't necessary . Reserve that for the Bosingwas and Bartons who took the pi55 out of the club not decent people like Lumley.
Lumley on 09:54 - Jan 19 with 1394 viewsJuzzie

Lumley on 07:36 - Jan 19 by dixiedean

Whether he's a good keeper or not doesn't justify the snide comments made about him here and elsewhere never mind the disgusting social media abuse . The guy needs a break for his own well being and to get his career back on track. Even if he's not a good keeper the abuse isn't necessary . Reserve that for the Bosingwas and Bartons who took the pi55 out of the club not decent people like Lumley.

Footballers are in the public eye but how would all the keyboard warriors like it if loads of strangers went onto their facebook page and complained about how they did their job week after week after week? It wouldn’t be nice and it would get to most people in the end.
Lumley on 10:36 - Jan 19 with 1314 viewsQPR_Jim

It does seem like people are more keen to be correct than for the player to do well. As soon as they've decided that he's not good enough to be our first choice, he needs to get constant abuse until he's gone. It's a strange tactic because he's still an asset to the club who we could sell but the treatment he gets wouldn't surprise me if he just left to get out of the place. Even when he doesn't play and we win people have to put it into the context of "if Lumley was playing we would have lost" it's just strange.
Lumley (n/t) on 10:39 - Jan 19 with 1298 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Lumley on 10:36 - Jan 19 by QPR_Jim

It does seem like people are more keen to be correct than for the player to do well. As soon as they've decided that he's not good enough to be our first choice, he needs to get constant abuse until he's gone. It's a strange tactic because he's still an asset to the club who we could sell but the treatment he gets wouldn't surprise me if he just left to get out of the place. Even when he doesn't play and we win people have to put it into the context of "if Lumley was playing we would have lost" it's just strange.

[Post edited 19 Jan 2020 10:42]
Lumley on 10:49 - Jan 19 with 1276 viewssmegma

Lumley on 15:36 - Jan 18 by E17hoop

It was said before the game he hurt his neck in training yesterday. Post match, Kelly said he was told he was playing on Thursday.

And if you read it again , you would understand that Lumley was going to be a substitute. He then got injured in training so Dillon Barnes was on the bench. It's quite simple.
Lumley on 10:55 - Jan 19 with 1263 viewsDejR_vu

Agreed, but, on the other hand, not every post expressing a negative opinion is snide.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Lumley on 11:04 - Jan 19 with 1244 viewsfrancisbowles

Lumley on 10:55 - Jan 19 by DejR_vu

Agreed, but, on the other hand, not every post expressing a negative opinion is snide.

Agreed but we don't, and he doesn't, need a thread about Lumley's mistakes after a WIN against a team at the top of the table.

As someone once said REJOICE!
Lumley on 11:11 - Jan 19 with 1225 viewsDejR_vu

Lumley on 11:04 - Jan 19 by francisbowles

Agreed but we don't, and he doesn't, need a thread about Lumley's mistakes after a WIN against a team at the top of the table.

As someone once said REJOICE!

Fair enough, but, the thread was only about him not being on the bench and it was started before the game.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Lumley on 20:46 - Jan 19 with 1061 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Lumley on 12:46 - Jan 18 by BrianMcCarthy

Good management.

Yes clearly a lie but good management nonetheless.
Lumley on 20:48 - Jan 19 with 1052 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Lumley on 10:49 - Jan 19 by smegma

And if you read it again , you would understand that Lumley was going to be a substitute. He then got injured in training so Dillon Barnes was on the bench. It's quite simple.

So in a nutshell Lumley was being dropped, neck injury or no neck injury.
Lumley on 20:54 - Jan 19 with 1032 viewsTacticalR

@QPR_Jim 'It does seem like people are more keen to be correct than for the player to do well.'

So true, not to mention the 'Come and defend Lumley if you're hard enough' posts.

Air hostess clique

Lumley on 20:54 - Jan 19 with 1027 viewsBenny_the_Ball

I agree that the abuse is out of order but those who insisted that Lumley retain his spot despite rank poor form should take some responsibility. Had he been dropped weeks ago it would not have come to this.
Lumley on 21:03 - Jan 19 with 995 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Lumley on 20:54 - Jan 19 by Benny_the_Ball

I agree that the abuse is out of order but those who insisted that Lumley retain his spot despite rank poor form should take some responsibility. Had he been dropped weeks ago it would not have come to this.

I see your point, but I doubt that what's posted on here affects management selections.

Lumley on 21:09 - Jan 19 with 982 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Lumley on 21:03 - Jan 19 by BrianMcCarthy

I see your point, but I doubt that what's posted on here affects management selections.

Then the social media abuse is making no difference either. You can't have it both ways.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2020 21:15]
Lumley on 21:21 - Jan 19 with 953 viewssmegma

Lumley on 20:48 - Jan 19 by Benny_the_Ball

So in a nutshell Lumley was being dropped, neck injury or no neck injury.

Correct.
Lumley on 21:25 - Jan 19 with 943 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Lumley on 21:09 - Jan 19 by Benny_the_Ball

Then the social media abuse is making no difference either. You can't have it both ways.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2020 21:15]

I wasn't comparing the two, Benny.

I would say this, though:

Social media abuse of young lads will affect them whereas opinions on who should start ahead of who are less likely to impress grizzled veteran managers.

Lumley on 21:44 - Jan 19 with 908 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Lumley on 21:25 - Jan 19 by BrianMcCarthy

I wasn't comparing the two, Benny.

I would say this, though:

Social media abuse of young lads will affect them whereas opinions on who should start ahead of who are less likely to impress grizzled veteran managers.

I know you weren't, Brian, I was just placing into context of the earlier comments.

Good point but irrespective of how social media is consumed by QPR staff, you have to question why MW took so long to drop Lumley. Perhaps he was giving Joe a chance to play his way back into form but in retrospect MW effectively hung him out to dry. I suspect he feels some responsibility hence the remark about Lumley injuring his neck.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024