Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
With VAR, Blackburn's second goal might have been chalked off 16:50 - Jan 29 with 2707 viewsR_from_afar

OK, the game is gone, but just for your interest, if you stop the video at 1:17 in, you can clearly see that the ball is outside the quadrant for the corner.

That said, VAR might have penalised us for something. You know, like breathing, not being a big club, wearing socks with too coarse a weave...

We continue.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

With VAR, Blackburn's second goal might have been chalked off on 16:57 - Jan 29 with 2668 viewsbosh67

VAR tends to chalk goals off if it can be proven that a team is wearing mint pajamas.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

With VAR, Blackburn's second goal might have been chalked off on 17:37 - Jan 29 with 2595 viewsdaveB

Lets not go all Leeds here, it made no real difference to the outcome, we left a man completely unmarked in our six yard box.
With VAR, Blackburn's second goal might have been chalked off on 18:00 - Jan 29 with 2532 viewsCroydonCaptJack

With VAR, Blackburn's second goal might have been chalked off on 17:37 - Jan 29 by daveB

Lets not go all Leeds here, it made no real difference to the outcome, we left a man completely unmarked in our six yard box.

We really struggle with set pieces don't we.
With VAR, Blackburn's second goal might have been chalked off on 18:15 - Jan 29 with 2492 viewsQPR_John

Does VAR check things like ball position at corners
With VAR, Blackburn's second goal might have been chalked off on 18:33 - Jan 29 with 2464 viewssmegma

With VAR, Blackburn's second goal might have been chalked off on 18:15 - Jan 29 by QPR_John

Does VAR check things like ball position at corners

No.

I know the ball at a corner does not have to actually be on /touch the white lines of the quadrant but that ball is in a different time zone to the quadrant !!!

Which makes me wonder, why do so many players do this, it's not exactly an advantage is it ?? Except when we're defending a corner as our defence mark absolutely no one most games.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2020 19:05]
With VAR, Blackburn's second goal might have been chalked off on 18:47 - Jan 29 with 2428 viewsloftboy

These things even out have you forgotten Wells goal against Leeds already.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

With VAR, Blackburn's second goal might have been chalked off on 19:46 - Jan 29 with 2355 viewsShotKneesHoop

There should be a bigger inquest on having three defenders "mark" two attackers and the attackers are free!!!!!!

You don't need VAR to realise that is crap defending.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

With VAR, Blackburn's second goal might have been chalked off on 09:19 - Jan 30 with 2202 viewsToast_R

CHECKING FOR POSSIBLE INFRINGEMENT...

DECISION...

QPR WERE SH*T
Login to get fewer ads

With VAR, Blackburn's second goal might have been chalked off on 09:19 - Jan 30 with 2202 viewsAntti_Heinola

I saw this and it should have been retaken, but we can't complain about the poor marking.
The ball only has to be touching the outside of the line, but it clearly wasn't.

Bare bones.

With VAR, Blackburn's second goal might have been chalked off on 10:54 - Jan 30 with 2126 viewsR_from_afar

With VAR, Blackburn's second goal might have been chalked off on 17:37 - Jan 29 by daveB

I agree that it made no difference and my aim with the thread was not to start a hue and cry - a few inches don't make any difference when your defending is so poor - I just wanted to flag it up.

Our awareness of danger and concentration levels are severely lacking when it comes to our defensive work and what we do when the opposition have the ball.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024