Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Restricted view seating at LR 12:10 - Feb 28 with 2023 viewsenfieldargh

Just bought 2 restricted view seats in SA upper F block which I know will have a pillar hopefully not too far across the SE goal. Not a problem.

There are quite a few restricted views, the two pillars in SR and ER, the rear seats in ER towards the back where the TV gantry hangs down and maybe HU and PU?

Away end there are the seats under/behind the TV studio box which I think you can only see the goal line?

Got me thinking about other stadiums.

Fulham's listed old stand has support pillars around every 20 metres or so , so in fact that entire stand is restricted view.

Certain areas of Anfield are bloody awful too.

Any other grounds spring to mind?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Restricted view seating at LR on 12:19 - Feb 28 with 1989 viewsRs_Holy

Palace at the very back of that wooden monstrosity they put away fans in is a joke! I cannot imagine there's a worse view anywhere.
Restricted view seating at LR on 12:51 - Feb 28 with 1906 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

The back of the away section of Goodison Park with it’s stupidly low roof. The old Brighton Stadium Withdean? Stamford Bridge before redevelopment, miles from the pitch behind parked cars.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Restricted view seating at LR on 13:01 - Feb 28 with 1876 viewsFrankRightguard

Remember a game at Upton Park where our tickets were front row. So low down you were subterranean! Then twenty minutes from the end a steward plonks themselves down and you can see precisely nothing!
Restricted view seating at LR on 14:51 - Feb 28 with 1730 viewsstowmarketrange

Restricted view seating at LR on 12:51 - Feb 28 by CliveWilsonSaid

The back of the away section of Goodison Park with it’s stupidly low roof. The old Brighton Stadium Withdean? Stamford Bridge before redevelopment, miles from the pitch behind parked cars.

It has to be better than the old terrace behind the goal at Everton.Luckily we never used to sell out there so you could move around a bit to get towards the back of the terrace.
A lot of people don’t like the away end at Newcastle but it’s a lot better than some of the places they used to put the away fans in the past.The gallowgate end when jan steyskel saved the penalty would’ve been a bit dodgy,and also that little strip of seats by the corner flag weren’t great either.And that little terrace behind the goal was pretty bad.Ive never been more happy to be stuck fences in my life than in 1989 when we won 2-1.
Also the Dell was pretty sh@t,although normally a good atmosphere.
Restricted view seating at LR on 15:03 - Feb 28 with 1697 viewsLongsufferingR

You kind of expect it at older grounds (eg The Manor Ground where I once had seat which didn't allow me to see about a third of the pitch, and due to the fences made the other two thirds difficult to see as well), but there's no excuse at new grounds. The only time I went to the Emirates I was given a seat in row A, so only my head and shoulders were above pitch level. Lovely view of the stadium, but not so much of the game.
Restricted view seating at LR on 15:38 - Feb 28 with 1623 viewsderbyhoop

I thought Anfield was one of the worst for away fans.
Looks superb on TV but away end hasn't much f a slope and is tucked under a second tier.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Restricted view seating at LR on 15:40 - Feb 28 with 1619 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Restricted view seating at LR on 12:51 - Feb 28 by CliveWilsonSaid

The away stand at the Withdean was a horrid, temporary structure. It felt very unstable but the one thing going for it was the view wasn't restricted. I remember Matthew Rose scoring a last minute winner there some years back; I thought the damn thing was going to collapse!

I seem to remember the view in the away end at Colchester United was pretty restricted. I could barely see a thing so I just took my cue to celebrate from fellow supporters.
Restricted view seating at LR on 15:43 - Feb 28 with 1616 viewsmarky67

the terracing behind the goal at the dell was awful especially if you were stuck at the front by the fence,
Login to get fewer ads

Restricted view seating at LR on 18:35 - Feb 28 with 1435 viewsDavieQPR

Newcastle is pretty rough and tatty. Miles of stairs to walk up. Paintwork faded or peeled off. That stupid big glass monstrosity on your left and the players look like midgets.
Restricted view seating at LR on 23:49 - Feb 28 with 1315 viewsBoston

Always try to buy tickets for the first ten rows at Anfield. If you’re high up, the combination of a low roof and when fans in front of you stand up leaves a gap of six inches or so to watch the match.
Don’t remember Everton being that bad, though there were posts.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Restricted view seating at LR on 23:54 - Feb 28 with 1313 viewssmegma

Restricted view seating at LR on 18:35 - Feb 28 by DavieQPR

Newcastle is pretty rough and tatty. Miles of stairs to walk up. Paintwork faded or peeled off. That stupid big glass monstrosity on your left and the players look like midgets.

Or do what I did and take the lift to the 8th floor.
Restricted view seating at LR on 04:17 - Feb 29 with 1273 viewsstowmarketrange

Restricted view seating at LR on 23:54 - Feb 28 by smegma

Or do what I did and take the lift to the 8th floor.

It would take a while for all our away support to get up there by lift though.
Restricted view seating at LR on 00:15 - Mar 1 with 1076 viewswombat

Restricted view seating at LR on 04:17 - Feb 29 by stowmarketrange

It would take a while for all our away support to get up there by lift though.

Crap holes in order
The dell terracing
Norwich terracing chicken wire stopped u seeing anything
Everton roof to low
Newcastle no way of going for half time fag without having the lung capacity of a fit mountain gorilla

West Ham front few rows felt like a mole

Sunderland another set of seats above cloud level
Southend Douglas Nader couldn’t have sat there even after he lost his legs makes LR look spacious

Brentford seats see above

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Restricted view seating at LR on 09:19 - Mar 1 with 913 viewsTacticalR

Restricted view seating at LR on 15:03 - Feb 28 by LongsufferingR

You kind of expect it at older grounds (eg The Manor Ground where I once had seat which didn't allow me to see about a third of the pitch, and due to the fences made the other two thirds difficult to see as well), but there's no excuse at new grounds. The only time I went to the Emirates I was given a seat in row A, so only my head and shoulders were above pitch level. Lovely view of the stadium, but not so much of the game.

That's a good point about there being no excuse for a new ground having bad views. My explanation for why the Emirates is like it is:

'The thing that really struck me was that, despite being a dedicated football stadium, it didn't seem well designed for football. Where we were in the away end, even though the views were clear, the seats were still too low and felt too far from the pitch. Why is the angle of the seats in the lower tier so low? Why is there a big ring round the pitch? Why are the seats in the top tier so far from the pitch? My guess is that it's about giving the middle ring and the corporate boxes pride of place, and everything else is secondary to that. An opportunity to design a more intimate stadium has been well and truly missed. Juventus have done a much better job in that respect.'

Air hostess clique

Restricted view seating at LR on 16:35 - Mar 1 with 804 viewsTGRRRSSS

Think your Spot on there Tactival.

Re Anfield I went in 2011 (I think) and was at the back, it was awful view as when everyone further down stood up you could barely see anything and tbf I think the club warned about this.

I think they've redeveloped Anfield Road since then though so assume it's not as bad now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024