Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So Who Is.... 00:23 - Mar 30 with 2578 viewsBoston

….still heading out to work in the morning?
I am. I've a number of different though related interests and one of them means we're out every day( with State approval). Mrs Boston is a little queezy about this though and has asked that I use sanitizer before and after entering buildings. I've agreed, but between you and me, it tastes disgusting.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

So Who Is.... on 02:55 - Mar 30 with 2051 viewsPunteR

Nope. not me. Will give it another week at least. I think i'm over the worst. Done a week in doors. Trust me,not a decision ive taken lightly. I've been called a lemming by lads im working for. Could obviously do with the money but theres a bigger picture.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

So Who Is.... on 12:19 - Mar 30 with 1807 viewsessextaxiboy

Me ..on Thursdays and Fridays

Delivering prescriptions to terrified old folk.
So Who Is.... on 12:45 - Mar 30 with 1775 viewsA40Bosh

Because my company is a hospitality company then globally all our houses, hotels, bars, restaurants, gyms and spas are all closed.
The vast majority of my company worldwide have been put on furlough and will be enrolled into the govt scheme - at least the Govt have done the correct thing in letting employers stay as the payment source and then make the claim centrally from the payroll.

I am one of the luckier ones as I have been reduced to a 3 day week for an initial 3 month period. Fortunately the Mrs is still on her full salary from her school and by taking a 3 month payment holiday on the mortgage we will be fine as long as things get back to 'normal' after 3 months - then we will see how the worldwide recession hits everyone after that, but that is a worry for another day.

So WFH 3 days a week now and enrolled on an online music school to brush up on my theory and bass chops to save me having to go and cut the grass.

Hope everyone is doing ok - cannot wait for the first game back at LR, that will surely be some celebration for everyone, whenever it does eventually happen

Look after yourselves guys
[Post edited 30 Mar 2020 12:45]

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

So Who Is.... on 12:55 - Mar 30 with 1745 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Continuing to WFH for now but along with my Credit controller (part of the time) I am the only one out of 50 odd staff who have all been furloughed. I just need to pay bills and get debts in mainly.

Like a lot of Companies we are paying people fully and recovering 80% from the Govt for at least a couple of months. Let us hope things have improved then so we can at least see a path forwards out of this.

Forums like this are invaluable at this time. We should all do our best to keep what is our own community here going.
So Who Is.... on 13:57 - Mar 30 with 1660 viewswood_hoop

So Who Is.... on 12:45 - Mar 30 by A40Bosh

Because my company is a hospitality company then globally all our houses, hotels, bars, restaurants, gyms and spas are all closed.
The vast majority of my company worldwide have been put on furlough and will be enrolled into the govt scheme - at least the Govt have done the correct thing in letting employers stay as the payment source and then make the claim centrally from the payroll.

I am one of the luckier ones as I have been reduced to a 3 day week for an initial 3 month period. Fortunately the Mrs is still on her full salary from her school and by taking a 3 month payment holiday on the mortgage we will be fine as long as things get back to 'normal' after 3 months - then we will see how the worldwide recession hits everyone after that, but that is a worry for another day.

So WFH 3 days a week now and enrolled on an online music school to brush up on my theory and bass chops to save me having to go and cut the grass.

Hope everyone is doing ok - cannot wait for the first game back at LR, that will surely be some celebration for everyone, whenever it does eventually happen

Look after yourselves guys
[Post edited 30 Mar 2020 12:45]

I am sort of in the middle of this, still working from home, couple of weeks on reduced hours then furlough time, the company I work for still going (just) but we supply many restaurants and the hospitality guys so taking a big hit orders wise, there is talk of Leon Restaurants in London being a bit of a ' guinea pig' in the way they are doing things .

If it works well good chance few more may follow suit, so baby steps but every little helps.
So Who Is.... on 14:00 - Mar 30 with 1649 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I've been WFH for two weeks but as of today I'm out of work.

I'm a self-employed consultant so it was to be expected as companies should look after their own people first, naturally.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

So Who Is.... on 14:12 - Mar 30 with 1621 viewsCroydonCaptJack

So Who Is.... on 13:57 - Mar 30 by wood_hoop

I am sort of in the middle of this, still working from home, couple of weeks on reduced hours then furlough time, the company I work for still going (just) but we supply many restaurants and the hospitality guys so taking a big hit orders wise, there is talk of Leon Restaurants in London being a bit of a ' guinea pig' in the way they are doing things .

If it works well good chance few more may follow suit, so baby steps but every little helps.

Can you enlarge on what Leon are doing?

Would be useful to know.
So Who Is.... on 14:17 - Mar 30 with 1608 viewsWatfordR

So Who Is.... on 14:00 - Mar 30 by BrianMcCarthy

I'm a self-employed consultant so it was to be expected as companies should look after their own people first, naturally.

Brian, I'm hearing from some of my family in Ireland that terms for government pay cover have been increased slightly over there, about Eur 350 a week, is that right?

I took the decision to stop trading on Saturday evening. Government announcement of S/E help took a lot of pressure off. Me and my lady both have a mums in their 90s and her daughter is due her first child in a week or so. So Lynn is mightily relieved we are both at home and unable to pass on anything to anyone else.
Login to get fewer ads

So Who Is.... on 14:32 - Mar 30 with 1586 viewsBrianMcCarthy

So Who Is.... on 14:17 - Mar 30 by WatfordR

Brian, I'm hearing from some of my family in Ireland that terms for government pay cover have been increased slightly over there, about Eur 350 a week, is that right?

I took the decision to stop trading on Saturday evening. Government announcement of S/E help took a lot of pressure off. Me and my lady both have a mums in their 90s and her daughter is due her first child in a week or so. So Lynn is mightily relieved we are both at home and unable to pass on anything to anyone else.

Yes. €350 p/w if laid off or the Government will subsidise wages up to €410 p/w if your company keeps you on.

Good decision by you. Health is wealth.

So Who Is.... on 14:46 - Mar 30 with 1570 viewsMytch_QPR

So Who Is.... on 14:00 - Mar 30 by BrianMcCarthy

Brian - remind me, are you a surveyor by trade?

I work in property (for my sins) - being told that mortgage valuations going on where properties are unoccupied, but in cases where they are occupied the owner is being asked to take photos and email to the surveyor!

Needless to say, my work is virtually impossible. WFH at present, but waiting on my company to let me know what's happening today / tomorrow. Hoping for furlough in a way, as I am feeling helpless answering the office number at home!!!!!

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

So Who Is.... on 15:05 - Mar 30 with 1545 viewsRebalhoop

Business as usual,apparently I’m a key worker,we make ink for newspapers,food packaging etc...
Although the office and laboratories are empty,only us plebs on the shop floor.
So Who Is.... on 15:09 - Mar 30 with 1538 viewsBrianMcCarthy

So Who Is.... on 14:46 - Mar 30 by Mytch_QPR

Brian - remind me, are you a surveyor by trade?

I work in property (for my sins) - being told that mortgage valuations going on where properties are unoccupied, but in cases where they are occupied the owner is being asked to take photos and email to the surveyor!

Needless to say, my work is virtually impossible. WFH at present, but waiting on my company to let me know what's happening today / tomorrow. Hoping for furlough in a way, as I am feeling helpless answering the office number at home!!!!!

Heya,

I'm a quantity surveyor, Mytch - financial consultancy, claims advice etc.

Hope your work keeps going.

So Who Is.... on 15:19 - Mar 30 with 1514 viewsJuzzie

Now on my 3rd week of WFH. We were originally meant to be going back today but i reckon we’re just a third of the way through.

I’ll keep WFH until they say its ok to go in or i’m furloughed, put on sick leave, made redundant etc.
Hopefully the former.
So Who Is.... on 15:20 - Mar 30 with 1509 viewsBoston

So Who Is.... on 14:32 - Mar 30 by BrianMcCarthy

Yes. €350 p/w if laid off or the Government will subsidise wages up to €410 p/w if your company keeps you on.

Good decision by you. Health is wealth.

For how long?

By chance, the Young Master Boston(currently residing in Waterford City), works for a company that owns industrial cleaning equipment, the type that kill everything. He is now working longer hours than he ever did.

So Who Is.... on 15:34 - Mar 30 with 1479 viewsMytch_QPR

So Who Is.... on 15:09 - Mar 30 by BrianMcCarthy

Heya,

I'm a quantity surveyor, Mytch - financial consultancy, claims advice etc.

Hope your work keeps going.

It's mad...

People are calling me at home asking to view houses!
You do wonder if these people have access to news...

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

So Who Is.... on 15:35 - Mar 30 with 1474 viewsBrianMcCarthy

So Who Is.... on 15:20 - Mar 30 by Boston

For how long?

By chance, the Young Master Boston(currently residing in Waterford City), works for a company that owns industrial cleaning equipment, the type that kill everything. He is now working longer hours than he ever did.

Glad your boy is busy.

I'm not sure how long I'll be off. I suppose one day the phone will start to ring again, but for now I'm far from essential.

So Who Is.... on 15:37 - Mar 30 with 1464 viewsBrianMcCarthy

So Who Is.... on 15:34 - Mar 30 by Mytch_QPR

It's mad...

People are calling me at home asking to view houses!
You do wonder if these people have access to news...

Mad, is right.

My Mom gave out to me last week because i wouldn't visit her and Dad.

It's just not sinking in somehow...

So Who Is.... on 16:57 - Mar 30 with 1392 viewswood_hoop

So Who Is.... on 14:12 - Mar 30 by CroydonCaptJack

Can you enlarge on what Leon are doing?

Would be useful to know.

https://leon.co/delivery/

Better than just shutting the doors completely and helps keep some staff working.

The owner has been on the box a few times so not exactly a secret.
So Who Is.... on 17:36 - Mar 30 with 1336 viewsWatfordR

So Who Is.... on 15:20 - Mar 30 by Boston

For how long?

Looks like an initial 12 weeks

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0324/1126102-covid-19-wage-payments/

Hope your lad stays safe.
So Who Is.... on 19:07 - Mar 30 with 1229 viewsstowmarketrange

On furlough for minimum 3 weeks.Only 2 days into it and I’m climbing the walls.I was hoping to semi retire in September but I’m not so sure now.
Stay safe everyone and hopefully we’ll all get through it safely.
So Who Is.... on 21:31 - Mar 30 with 1135 viewsderbyhoop

WFH.
Like Mytch, being an estate agent is difficult at the moment. Cannot do viewings but getting plenty of enquiries and trying to do some client and vendor management. And catching up on training courses.

France is still in lockdown until April 15th. Likely to be extended.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

So Who Is.... on 21:41 - Mar 30 with 1113 viewsCiderwithRsie

Still working most days. Self-employed gardener, work by myself outdoors, ring customer first to check still OK and what they want done.

Slightly embarrassed that last week was about best work conditions I've ever had - weather lovely, spring bursting out all over the gardens, roads empty, no interruption by the customers, no aircraft or road noise - actually quite freaked me out on the Tuesday that everything was so lovely while the world is falling apart for other people.
So Who Is.... on 21:48 - Mar 30 with 1098 viewsjohann28

Also in hospitality (wine). Bunkered down hoping for better days. We're 2-0 down but we'll get through this
So Who Is.... on 00:40 - Mar 31 with 881 viewsBoston

So Who Is.... on 21:41 - Mar 30 by CiderwithRsie

Still working most days. Self-employed gardener, work by myself outdoors, ring customer first to check still OK and what they want done.

Slightly embarrassed that last week was about best work conditions I've ever had - weather lovely, spring bursting out all over the gardens, roads empty, no interruption by the customers, no aircraft or road noise - actually quite freaked me out on the Tuesday that everything was so lovely while the world is falling apart for other people.

Like you Rosie, this must have been what it was like in the 1940's!

Edit...end of the 40's of course.

BTW...what areas do you cover workwise?
[Post edited 31 Mar 2020 0:44]

So Who Is.... on 08:52 - Mar 31 with 772 viewskingo

I am a self employed planning consultant and not seen any work for 10 days. Main company I worked for just ‘hibernated’ overnight after asking me to reduce my February invoice. So double hit. To make things worse the wife is a nurse and working every day, so massive guilt trip.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024