Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR mix tape 10:25 - Apr 30 with 1850 viewscolinallcars

I was moaning to the wife about not getting to the Rangers. “Why don't you go on Spotify and make yourself up a playlist to remind you of games”
So, Pigbag, London Calling, Hi Hi Silver Lining, that song with sort of tribal chants and thumping drums by I think Bastille. What else has been played a lot over the PA ?
QPR mix tape on 11:14 - Apr 30 with 1805 viewsslmrstid

Pompeii is the tune you're thinking of by Bastille. Cracking tune.

We had "Fix You" by Coldplay for a while as the pre-match video, then before that we had "Where We Belong" by LostProphets (also a good song, now sadly tainted by the knowledge the lead singer was a vile paedo...)

I actually have a Spotify playlist of stuff that reminds me of football. Some of it is absolute dross and in any normal environment would be considered as such if it wasnt for the football memories it triggers.

Stuff thats on it that I remember hearing down at QPR over the years...(not all of it would otherwise be considered dross...)

Right Here Right Now - FatBoy Slim
Club Foot - Kasabian (we had that when the teams were read out during 10/11...)
Wavin' Flag - K'Naan
Ready to Go - Republica
Played-A-Live - Safri Duo (technically not QPR, but they always seemed to play it at Barnsley every time I went there...)
The Boys Are Back in Town - Thin Lizzy
Heart of Courage - Thomas Bergersen, Two Steps From Hell
Mull of Kintyre - Wings (again, not a QPR one but they play it at Forest and I've been there enough times it takes me back to a football match...)
Battle WIthout Honour or Humanity - KillBill - that got played for years at LR
Hey Boy Hey Girl - Chemical Brothers

Hopefully thats something to get you started!
QPR mix tape on 12:51 - Apr 30 with 1736 viewscolinallcars

QPR mix tape on 11:14 - Apr 30 by slmrstid

Pompeii is the tune you're thinking of by Bastille. Cracking tune.

We had "Fix You" by Coldplay for a while as the pre-match video, then before that we had "Where We Belong" by LostProphets (also a good song, now sadly tainted by the knowledge the lead singer was a vile paedo...)

I actually have a Spotify playlist of stuff that reminds me of football. Some of it is absolute dross and in any normal environment would be considered as such if it wasnt for the football memories it triggers.

Stuff thats on it that I remember hearing down at QPR over the years...(not all of it would otherwise be considered dross...)

Right Here Right Now - FatBoy Slim
Club Foot - Kasabian (we had that when the teams were read out during 10/11...)
Wavin' Flag - K'Naan
Ready to Go - Republica
Played-A-Live - Safri Duo (technically not QPR, but they always seemed to play it at Barnsley every time I went there...)
The Boys Are Back in Town - Thin Lizzy
Heart of Courage - Thomas Bergersen, Two Steps From Hell
Mull of Kintyre - Wings (again, not a QPR one but they play it at Forest and I've been there enough times it takes me back to a football match...)
Battle WIthout Honour or Humanity - KillBill - that got played for years at LR
Hey Boy Hey Girl - Chemical Brothers

Hopefully thats something to get you started!

Many thanks !'ll get cracking on the list this afternoon. As you can tell from my post, I'm less a pop/rock fan and more a jazzer.
QPR mix tape on 14:27 - Apr 30 with 1661 viewsTomS

I recall the team coming onto the pitch to "The Emperor's March" from Star Wars.
QPR mix tape on 14:33 - Apr 30 with 1647 viewsslmrstid

We've also had Written in the Stars by Tinie Tempah and Eric Turner in the Premiership years (which Sky also used for their coverage in the past, not sure if they still do).

I suppose you could add Abide With Me and pretend we're in a FA Cup Final. Or Nessun Dorma. Or the Champions League Theme even if you really want to dream!
QPR mix tape on 14:45 - Apr 30 with 1625 viewsPinnerPaul

'Going Underground' The Jam and 'Let Me Entertain Me' - Robbie Williams have been used by the club pre match in the past.
QPR mix tape on 14:53 - Apr 30 with 1611 viewsDannyPaddox

I knocked up a little QPR composition in the first week of lockdown. It’s on GarageBand so I’m not sure how I’d post it on here. Like Loftus Road it’s a bit rough the edges but I’ve had a few favourable comments.

QPR mix tape on 20:49 - Apr 30 with 1464 viewsmarkrtid

QPR mix tape on 20:57 - Apr 30 with 1451 viewsLythamR

I would have to have "Happy" by Farnell Williams, always makes me think of Zamorra and the play off final at Wembley

Also for memories of the Loft in the mid 70's

Fox on the Run - Sweet
Mississippi - PusyCat
Seasons in the Sun - Terry Jacks
I was born under a wandering star - Lee Marvin
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024