Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
1975 West Ham away 14:17 - May 18 with 3362 viewsNov77

this is a rare one, haven't seen these goals posted anywhere before.......

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

1975 West Ham away on 14:27 - May 18 with 2553 viewsDWQPR

For those who weren't alive during the 70's or 80's the brown stuff on the pitch and on the players is mud! Glorious mud, designed for a 30 yard Ian Gillard sliding tackle.

Was always fond of Upton Park back in the day as their goal design was almost the same as ours, no other clubs in the country had goal nets like that with a small stanchion.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

1975 West Ham away on 14:30 - May 18 with 2539 viewsBoston

Remember it well. Half a dozen of us to the right of the goal, three quarters of the way up in the South Bank. We kept celebrations down to polite applause when Rangers scored.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

1975 West Ham away on 14:34 - May 18 with 2529 viewsNov77

before Bowles takes the penalty, he puts his left arm out like he's telling Mervyn Day which way he's going to place it, he dived the other way!! I think that's why Bowles was laughing after he scored.

The first goal was a beauty, rangers put one player in their wall, Masson drilled it at him, he ducked, and it flew in the top corner.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

1975 West Ham away on 14:41 - May 18 with 2506 viewsBoston

1975 West Ham away on 14:34 - May 18 by Nov77

before Bowles takes the penalty, he puts his left arm out like he's telling Mervyn Day which way he's going to place it, he dived the other way!! I think that's why Bowles was laughing after he scored.

The first goal was a beauty, rangers put one player in their wall, Masson drilled it at him, he ducked, and it flew in the top corner.

Saw that first goal the whole way, was coming directly toward us!

1975 West Ham away on 14:47 - May 18 with 2483 views2Thomas2Bowles

1975 West Ham away on 14:34 - May 18 by Nov77

It's Francis in the wall.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

1975 West Ham away on 14:51 - May 18 with 2464 viewsBoston

1975 West Ham away on 14:47 - May 18 by 2Thomas2Bowles

It's Francis in the wall.

Appropriate that a mason scored it then.

1975 West Ham away on 14:52 - May 18 with 2464 viewsMrSheen

1975 West Ham away on 14:41 - May 18 by Boston

Saw that first goal the whole way, was coming directly toward us!

Shall we charge down the indirect free kick inside our box?
Nah, let’s not bother.
1975 West Ham away on 14:55 - May 18 with 2453 viewsNov77

1975 West Ham away on 14:52 - May 18 by MrSheen

Shall we charge down the indirect free kick inside our box?
Nah, let’s not bother.

when was the last time you saw an indirect free kick given inside the penalty area? used to see it all the time in the seventies, has there been a rule change?

Login to get fewer ads

1975 West Ham away on 15:07 - May 18 with 2430 viewsMrSheen

1975 West Ham away on 14:55 - May 18 by Nov77

when was the last time you saw an indirect free kick given inside the penalty area? used to see it all the time in the seventies, has there been a rule change?

The "four steps" rule for goalkeepers to get rid of the ball was occasionally enforced. It got changed to six seconds and then completely ignored. To be fair, the backpass rule has cut the number of times a keeper gets the ball in his hands in a game anyway.
1975 West Ham away on 15:09 - May 18 with 2420 viewsBoston

1975 West Ham away on 14:55 - May 18 by Nov77

Indeed

1975 West Ham away on 15:14 - May 18 with 2408 viewsloftboy

1975 West Ham away on 15:07 - May 18 by MrSheen

The "four steps" rule for goalkeepers to get rid of the ball was occasionally enforced. It got changed to six seconds and then completely ignored. To be fair, the backpass rule has cut the number of times a keeper gets the ball in his hands in a game anyway.

Also a high footed challenge would be an indirect free kick now seems to be penalised with a penalty/ direct free kick.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

1975 West Ham away on 15:29 - May 18 with 2386 viewsNov77

they used to give indirect free kicks inside the box for obstruction all the time back then, but I can't remember the last time I saw one given, seems to have gone from the game completely which is why I wondered if the rules had changed.

1975 West Ham away on 16:45 - May 18 with 2318 viewsqpr_1968

1975 West Ham away on 14:30 - May 18 by Boston

Remember it well. Half a dozen of us to the right of the goal, three quarters of the way up in the South Bank. We kept celebrations down to polite applause when Rangers scored.

same with us, 6 or 7 of us on the half way line, all wearing black trench coats, think they called it the chicken run.....stuck out like a sore thumb, but left alone.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

1975 West Ham away on 18:21 - May 18 with 2238 viewsterryb

1975 West Ham away on 14:30 - May 18 by Boston

After we won there in '73 I was tapped on the shoulder & told we had a minute to be out of the ground.

I think we managed it in 20 seconds!
1975 West Ham away on 22:25 - May 18 with 2080 viewsstowmarketrange

1975 West Ham away on 16:45 - May 18 by qpr_1968

same with us, 6 or 7 of us on the half way line, all wearing black trench coats, think they called it the chicken run.....stuck out like a sore thumb, but left alone.

My mate and me were on the chicken run in October 76 for the league cup game.My first away game and I didn’t have a clue where to stand,so we just rolled up and paid on the gate.
I think after getting abused for shouting to get Lampard sent off for hacking down Thomas in the first few minutes,we managed to get out alive,just.
1975 West Ham away on 23:14 - May 18 with 2024 viewsqpr_1968

1975 West Ham away on 22:25 - May 18 by stowmarketrange

My mate and me were on the chicken run in October 76 for the league cup game.My first away game and I didn’t have a clue where to stand,so we just rolled up and paid on the gate.
I think after getting abused for shouting to get Lampard sent off for hacking down Thomas in the first few minutes,we managed to get out alive,just.

again we stood on the chicken run for that league cup game, got a 15 bus from Ladbroke grove, and back from barking high road.

but a season or 2 before we played them at upton park in the fa cup, went by train this time and 4 of us stood smack bang in the middle of the north bank, vs being one of them.
lost 2-1, probably saved us.

1975 West Ham away on 23:28 - May 18 with 2009 viewsstowmarketrange

1975 West Ham away on 23:14 - May 18 by qpr_1968

again we stood on the chicken run for that league cup game, got a 15 bus from Ladbroke grove, and back from barking high road.

but a season or 2 before we played them at upton park in the fa cup, went by train this time and 4 of us stood smack bang in the middle of the north bank, vs being one of them.
lost 2-1, probably saved us.

I was around the halfway line if I remember rightly and there were a small group of rangers right at the front.Was that you?
1975 West Ham away on 23:42 - May 18 with 1996 viewsqpr_1968

1975 West Ham away on 23:28 - May 18 by stowmarketrange

I was around the halfway line if I remember rightly and there were a small group of rangers right at the front.Was that you?

we stood at the front in the first half, for some reason ended up at the back for the second half, probably for food or the khazi and couldn't be bothered fighting to get back to the front.

1975 West Ham away on 23:49 - May 18 with 1983 viewsstowmarketrange

1975 West Ham away on 23:42 - May 18 by qpr_1968

we stood at the front in the first half, for some reason ended up at the back for the second half, probably for food or the khazi and couldn't be bothered fighting to get back to the front.

I moved away from my place too just after getting abuse once they’d discovered we were qpr fans.It wasn’t the biggest terrace to try to hide on either.
I certainly didn’t celebrate our 2 goals either.We left about 5 mins from the end as I had to get back to Putney and had school the following day I think.
1975 West Ham away on 00:13 - May 19 with 1973 viewsBoston

1975 West Ham away on 18:21 - May 18 by terryb

After we won there in '73 I was tapped on the shoulder & told we had a minute to be out of the ground.

I think we managed it in 20 seconds!

Crikey Terence, not again, what type of maniac were you?

1975 West Ham away on 03:12 - May 19 with 1939 viewscharmr

Upton Park back then and later on was Dodgy as fcuk.

First visit FA Cup 1975, scored first and turned to my West Ham buddy wondering who we would get in the next round. Should have kept quiet. Stood on the side where the players came out, is that the chicken run?

Next visits always stood there I think because it was out the station and into the ground.

One year 3/4 of us minding our own business when a voice from the seats above pipes up, draped in a blue and white scarf, inquiring how we were. It was Les from harefield and I think Russian frank was with him. Cheers Les. That game either we won or when we scored had a guy behind us frothing at the mouth stating if he finds any rangers fans he’s gonna kill them. Alan Griffiths and I were literally squeezing each other’s hands.

Another year Bob Hazel got such abuse it was truly sickening. Poor man then went and scored an own goal.

Back then standing among home fans was the norm and the safest. Later I started sitting at away games when possible. Norwich one year 25 of us sat in the stand behind the goal. We weren’t trouble makers, far from it, we just didn’t want to go all that way and watch a game through a fence.
[Post edited 19 May 2020 3:24]
1975 West Ham away on 07:38 - May 19 with 1881 viewsBoston

1975 West Ham away on 03:12 - May 19 by charmr

Upton Park back then and later on was Dodgy as fcuk.

First visit FA Cup 1975, scored first and turned to my West Ham buddy wondering who we would get in the next round. Should have kept quiet. Stood on the side where the players came out, is that the chicken run?

Next visits always stood there I think because it was out the station and into the ground.

One year 3/4 of us minding our own business when a voice from the seats above pipes up, draped in a blue and white scarf, inquiring how we were. It was Les from harefield and I think Russian frank was with him. Cheers Les. That game either we won or when we scored had a guy behind us frothing at the mouth stating if he finds any rangers fans he’s gonna kill them. Alan Griffiths and I were literally squeezing each other’s hands.

Another year Bob Hazel got such abuse it was truly sickening. Poor man then went and scored an own goal.

Back then standing among home fans was the norm and the safest. Later I started sitting at away games when possible. Norwich one year 25 of us sat in the stand behind the goal. We weren’t trouble makers, far from it, we just didn’t want to go all that way and watch a game through a fence.
[Post edited 19 May 2020 3:24]

That would have been the West Side - preferred terrace for Stinky Turner. I quite liked the bar in there myself.
[Post edited 19 May 2020 7:39]

1975 West Ham away on 08:03 - May 19 with 1852 viewsWalnut

Stinky Turner LOL! My first visit over there was that Bobby Hazell game in 79/80 as a 15 year old. Stood on the Westside as we were worried about the consequences of being in the away section. Even borrowed my brothers West Ham scarf to hang out of my Harrington jacket for effect. One nil up (didn't celebrate) lost 2-1. Game was on the BigMatch the following afternoon. From memory, although fairly well covered, the away end that day wasn't raucous so when we scored it was more clapping than limbs. When we went back in the top division 83/84 (the Clive Allen twist?) it was an easier away experience, the away section was full to the extent Plod extended our space beyond that first section of fencing. Also shown on the BigMatch. It's been a while but Upton Park turned into one of my fav away trips
1975 West Ham away on 08:37 - May 19 with 1822 views2Thomas2Bowles

Bobby's og game

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

(No subject) (n/t) on 08:50 - May 19 with 1806 viewsMrSheen

1975 West Ham away on 08:03 - May 19 by Walnut

Stinky Turner LOL! My first visit over there was that Bobby Hazell game in 79/80 as a 15 year old. Stood on the Westside as we were worried about the consequences of being in the away section. Even borrowed my brothers West Ham scarf to hang out of my Harrington jacket for effect. One nil up (didn't celebrate) lost 2-1. Game was on the BigMatch the following afternoon. From memory, although fairly well covered, the away end that day wasn't raucous so when we scored it was more clapping than limbs. When we went back in the top division 83/84 (the Clive Allen twist?) it was an easier away experience, the away section was full to the extent Plod extended our space beyond that first section of fencing. Also shown on the BigMatch. It's been a while but Upton Park turned into one of my fav away trips

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024