Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Man City dodge FFP 09:44 - Jul 13 with 5733 viewsNortholt_Rs

So FFP only applies to QPR then right?

https://www.skysports.com/football/live-blog/11679/12027060/manchester-city-awai

FFP must be dead now surely? Boils my P I S S.....

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Man City dodge FFP on 19:55 - Jul 13 with 901 viewsManinBlack

Man City dodge FFP on 16:57 - Jul 13 by Konk

Top Effort. I’ve not run it by Sheikh Mansour yet, but if we do exceed the target, I was thinking it might be nice to send Phil Foden to Disneyland or something? Either that or setup a trust fund to help out other State-owned football clubs facing catastrophic twenty quid fines over FFP issues.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2020 16:58]

I think you are raising too much as I thought the fine was lowered from £26 million to £8.9 million. By my reckoning you should keep £1.1 million of the ten million. Your change so to speak.
Man City dodge FFP on 21:03 - Jul 13 with 827 viewsjoe90

Man City dodge FFP on 16:45 - Jul 13 by LythamR

it would work in exactly the way our owners currently fund QPR but instead of putting the money in against shares to cover a debt. the owners would be required to put the money in up front. I doubt it would be as tax efficient for the owners in the long run but it would protect the clubs to an extent

when they sign a player on a 3 year contract they put the money in to cover that contract up front, ringfenced so it cant be diverted, I bet the PFA would be interested in that idea

That might actually make owners and clubs think a bit more carefully about transfer fees and wages which would also be a good thing,

That's an interesting idea. I guess the key is to safeguard clubs from doing a Bury.
Man City dodge FFP on 00:55 - Jul 14 with 727 viewsSydneyRs

Man City dodge FFP on 15:30 - Jul 13 by kensalriser

All valid points,

But I still think a salary cap would inevitably lead to the digital equivalent of lots of brown envelope payments.

As said above, limiting debt is a more interesting idea. You can spend what you like but you can only put x on the club's debt. Of course, this doesn't stop well-funded upstarts gatecrashing the incumbent big clubs' party.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2020 19:20]

Salary cap works well in Australia too.

Yes the brown envelope thing does go on but clubs who've been caught have had severe punishments, including one who had two or three premierships taken off them.

Nothing is perfect but that would be a lot better than the current situation.
Man City dodge FFP on 01:58 - Jul 14 with 714 viewstimcocking

Man City dodge FFP on 11:54 - Jul 13 by BrianMcCarthy

I agree, John. We have no choice under the present rules. I wouldn't like to see us try to circumvent it by e.g selling our ground.

If it was me, i just wouldn't have paid. I'd have made them shut the club down instead.

I don't think they would have, because of course we did nothing wrong.
Man City dodge FFP on 07:07 - Jul 14 with 664 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Man City dodge FFP on 01:58 - Jul 14 by timcocking

If it was me, i just wouldn't have paid. I'd have made them shut the club down instead.

I don't think they would have, because of course we did nothing wrong.

Ah, we broke the rules spectacularly. We did it in style.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024