Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SHODIPO 08:53 - Jul 14 with 1768 viewsgazza1

He has been playing for the first team off and on for several years, he clearly is very limited and not good enough for the 1st Team. I understand why Warburton is currently playing him but why does the Club continue to give him new contracts. He must have made his debut around 5/6 years ago!!!
SHODIPO on 09:27 - Jul 14 with 1697 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Who would you play or sign instead Gazza?
SHODIPO on 09:34 - Jul 14 with 1662 viewsfrancisbowles

Maybe not against Weds but I've been impressed with Shodipo on the few occasions that he has had minutes this season. He has improved his overall game especially the defensive side and has a good burst of pace.

Maybe MW thinks he could step up if/when BOS departs.

He needs a run of 10 to 15 games to see if he can do it consistently.
SHODIPO on 09:49 - Jul 14 with 1615 viewsJuzzie

Yeah, let's just keep running down all our players all the time.

We're QPR, not PSG/Man City/Barca etc.
Forget the Briatore/Ecclestone/early TF years when money was awash (I think it's gone to fans heads). We're a middle-of-the-road club that has on the whole been pretty successful considering our size.
It's amazing how many fans clearly have the insight to each players abilities, training regime's, skills, capabilities etc etc etc.
We're doing the best we can with what we have. Deal with it.
SHODIPO on 09:51 - Jul 14 with 1604 viewsdaveB

he made his debut 5 years ago in 2015/16 season, started really well was excellent and them bombed out. Struggled with injuries since and not fancied by Holloway or mcClaren.

I don't think he'll make it with us but he's one we could have got a lot more out of, he's quick and has a good delivery
SHODIPO on 11:03 - Jul 14 with 1463 viewsrsonist

Why would someone go out of their way to start this thread. I really don't get it.
SHODIPO on 12:34 - Jul 14 with 1341 viewsgazza1

Why would one start any thread??.....thats what this forum is all about!!! Are you not permitted to discuss an very average player??
SHODIPO on 12:37 - Jul 14 with 1328 viewsgazza1

SHODIPO on 09:27 - Jul 14 by BazzaInTheLoft

Who would you play or sign instead Gazza?

As I said, I understand why he is currently playing Baz.....hopefully so do you!!!

Who would I sign, not sure I would sign anyone at present until I know exactly what the plans are for next season. I certainly would not give him another contract. His limitations are far too many.
SHODIPO on 12:37 - Jul 14 with 1326 viewsWatford_Ranger

SHODIPO on 12:34 - Jul 14 by gazza1

Why would one start any thread??.....thats what this forum is all about!!! Are you not permitted to discuss an very average player??

Of all the players to pick out though, why one of the very few who has shown literally anything since lockdown?

He’s shown he’s at least ok in the few chances he’s had in his position. Did brilliantly to put one on a plate for Chair at Charlton.
Login to get fewer ads

SHODIPO on 12:38 - Jul 14 with 1321 viewsgazza1

SHODIPO on 09:34 - Jul 14 by francisbowles

Maybe not against Weds but I've been impressed with Shodipo on the few occasions that he has had minutes this season. He has improved his overall game especially the defensive side and has a good burst of pace.

Maybe MW thinks he could step up if/when BOS departs.

He needs a run of 10 to 15 games to see if he can do it consistently.

I hope he is not a replacement for BOS!!! We need much better.
SHODIPO on 12:39 - Jul 14 with 1318 viewsgazza1

SHODIPO on 09:51 - Jul 14 by daveB

he made his debut 5 years ago in 2015/16 season, started really well was excellent and them bombed out. Struggled with injuries since and not fancied by Holloway or mcClaren.

I don't think he'll make it with us but he's one we could have got a lot more out of, he's quick and has a good delivery

Quick, yes.....good delivery, not very often!!
SHODIPO on 12:41 - Jul 14 with 1305 viewsQPROslo

I thought Shodipo has looked good when he's come on 2nd half to play wide in these games since the restart. One of the few with Kakay, Lumley and Hugill that have done well. He was pretty invisible against SW along with most, but he was played out of position in a more central role.
SHODIPO on 12:41 - Jul 14 with 1305 viewsgazza1

SHODIPO on 09:49 - Jul 14 by Juzzie

Yeah, let's just keep running down all our players all the time.

We're QPR, not PSG/Man City/Barca etc.
Forget the Briatore/Ecclestone/early TF years when money was awash (I think it's gone to fans heads). We're a middle-of-the-road club that has on the whole been pretty successful considering our size.
It's amazing how many fans clearly have the insight to each players abilities, training regime's, skills, capabilities etc etc etc.
We're doing the best we can with what we have. Deal with it.

I would still expect better players playing for QPR first team than Shodipo.......hes done well, 5 years a full time professional eh!!!
SHODIPO on 12:51 - Jul 14 with 1270 viewsJuzzie

SHODIPO on 12:41 - Jul 14 by gazza1

I would still expect better players playing for QPR first team than Shodipo.......hes done well, 5 years a full time professional eh!!!

Perhaps contact the club and put your scouting services forward?
SHODIPO on 12:54 - Jul 14 with 1258 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

SHODIPO on 12:37 - Jul 14 by gazza1

As I said, I understand why he is currently playing Baz.....hopefully so do you!!!

Who would I sign, not sure I would sign anyone at present until I know exactly what the plans are for next season. I certainly would not give him another contract. His limitations are far too many.

So basically you have taken the time out of your day to give one of our own young professionals a kicking, knowing full well we need him regardless.

Great contribution 👍
[Post edited 14 Jul 2020 12:55]
SHODIPO on 13:22 - Jul 14 with 1183 viewsgazza1

SHODIPO on 12:54 - Jul 14 by BazzaInTheLoft

So basically you have taken the time out of your day to give one of our own young professionals a kicking, knowing full well we need him regardless.

Great contribution 👍
[Post edited 14 Jul 2020 12:55]

Young professional!!!......not in my opinion, he is over 23 years old. Been a pro for a long time, and at the club a whole lot longer.
SHODIPO on 14:29 - Jul 14 with 1076 viewsJuzzie

Many years ago I used to pop on (just to read, I never posted) to an audiophile forum where everyone knew everything about this record, that record and the other record.
Most of it was know-it-all bull$hit where in fact they knew farkall.

"Oh yes, that Black Sabbath re-issue was definitely made at XXX factory, I can tell by the pressing, the run-out, the smell of the label" blah blah blah as they w@anked themselves silly.

Ummm, no. It was actually made at another factory in another country. How do I know? I bloody well placed it there.

I stopped going on there. Best to just let them get on with and w@nk over who knows (or doesn't) the most.
SHODIPO on 16:50 - Jul 14 with 948 viewsWelsh_Ranger

SHODIPO on 12:34 - Jul 14 by gazza1

I think its primarily the negative language you use that's annoyed people and that he has actually been one of our better players this side of lockdown.

He is currently 23 which to put into perspective is the same age as Sean Goss when we bought him, a similar age to Eze, Chair and Bright. The stark difference as many others have mentioned is that he has had 3 years of injuries that have had an impact on his game time, he has only played 30ish times as a pro.

All our young players need time to develop and game time, its really harsh as some players take longer to mature. In the meantime we should support him not run him down.
SHODIPO on 17:49 - Jul 14 with 870 viewsgazza1

SHODIPO on 16:50 - Jul 14 by Welsh_Ranger

I think its primarily the negative language you use that's annoyed people and that he has actually been one of our better players this side of lockdown.

He is currently 23 which to put into perspective is the same age as Sean Goss when we bought him, a similar age to Eze, Chair and Bright. The stark difference as many others have mentioned is that he has had 3 years of injuries that have had an impact on his game time, he has only played 30ish times as a pro.

All our young players need time to develop and game time, its really harsh as some players take longer to mature. In the meantime we should support him not run him down.

Negitive agreed.....because he is a very limited player.

One of our better players after lockdown.....not in my opinion - same old Shodipo, poor choices, poor crosses, poor finishing, poor control, poor generally. Saying that not many have done well but ceratinly Shodipo has not been one of the best - what has he done??

As for Eze, Bright and Chair......they are generally better all round players and may have chances to play at a good level. Injuries or not Shodipo wont be with us much longer - Not good enough and I would suggest he will not get another contract at QPR and struggle to get a pro contract elsewhere. When is his contract up for renewal, anyone know??
[Post edited 14 Jul 2020 17:53]
SHODIPO on 18:04 - Jul 14 with 823 viewsOakR

SHODIPO on 09:51 - Jul 14 by daveB

Agreed - I thought he was great when he started, and seemed to cross really well - was it the game against Fulham where they missed two penalties he crossed for a goal I think.

I really thought he would push on and never really understood why he disappeared from the squad.

I'm hopeful and would like to see him get some more games and a good run in the team.

Poll: Will we stay up?

SHODIPO on 18:05 - Jul 14 with 822 viewsBrianMcCarthy

SHODIPO on 18:04 - Jul 14 by OakR

Agreed - I thought he was great when he started, and seemed to cross really well - was it the game against Fulham where they missed two penalties he crossed for a goal I think.

I really thought he would push on and never really understood why he disappeared from the squad.

I'm hopeful and would like to see him get some more games and a good run in the team.

He had massive injury problems, Oak.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

SHODIPO on 18:16 - Jul 14 with 798 viewsfrancisbowles

SHODIPO on 17:49 - Jul 14 by gazza1

One of our better players after lockdown.....not in my opinion - same old Shodipo, poor choices, poor crosses, poor finishing, poor control, poor generally. Saying that not many have done well but ceratinly Shodipo has not been one of the best - what has he done??

As for Eze, Bright and Chair......they are generally better all round players and may have chances to play at a good level. Injuries or not Shodipo wont be with us much longer - Not good enough and I would suggest he will not get another contract at QPR and struggle to get a pro contract elsewhere. When is his contract up for renewal, anyone know??

I don't think he has had enough first team football to judge. He has started about a dozen games over four seasons! Injuries have disrupted a promising career. He has shown glimpses of talent when he has played and you will be disappointed to hear we gave him a three year deal last September.

If he has put his injuries behind him then he could develop into a regular first team player, in his proper position, next season.
SHODIPO on 18:57 - Jul 14 with 751 viewsgazza1

SHODIPO on 18:16 - Jul 14 by francisbowles

I don't think he has had enough first team football to judge. He has started about a dozen games over four seasons! Injuries have disrupted a promising career. He has shown glimpses of talent when he has played and you will be disappointed to hear we gave him a three year deal last September.

If he has put his injuries behind him then he could develop into a regular first team player, in his proper position, next season.

wow....3 years. Thanks for the info - made my night.
SHODIPO on 19:29 - Jul 14 with 703 viewsWelsh_Ranger

It appears you've made your judgement on the lad based on how many years he's been at the club and a few appearances post lockdown. The beauty of a forum is that people can have differing opinions.

If you read some of the opinions on the match thread from many of the posters on the forum they highlight the influence that he has made going forward, his willingness to show for the ball and many other things. Him and Kakay have been positives.

the trio i also mentioned have been injury free for the last 3 years and have been able to gain much experience by going out on loan and developing as players, Shodipo has not had that oportunity due to those injuries. As a senior pro he only has 30 odd games while Chair now has over a 100.
SHODIPO on 19:30 - Jul 14 with 698 viewsWatford_Ranger

Who would you say have been our best players since lockdown then?
SHODIPO on 19:37 - Jul 14 with 684 viewsgazza1

SHODIPO on 19:30 - Jul 14 by Watford_Ranger

Who would you say have been our best players since lockdown then?

lumley & kakay probably but they have all mostly been average.......barbet perhaps.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2020 19:37]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024