Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eze. 21:05 - Jul 30 with 16561 viewsBobbi66

Hope we don't get mugged on transfer fee .We know he's leaving must get the price.
Eze. on 18:14 - Aug 3 with 2700 viewsA40Bosh

Eze. on 17:05 - Aug 3 by francisbowles

Yes, I have read it and it is why I posted what I did.

Estate agents sometimes put 'offers in excess of' particularly for their higher end properties.
Therefore if the club want a minimum of £20 million, they should ask for offers in excess.

The market will still dictate but it might focus the minds of those who are interested, make them think we are serious about the figure and may help to get an auction started.

Yes, but conversely, Estate Agents sell houses they don't buy them.
So stick an "offers in excess of" on your property all you want, and if there are loads of buyers on the market and not a lot of decent houses to pick from, then you might start a bidding war above that initial price. But if you find there is only one person looking in your neighbourhood and he is only slinging in low offers, then either you stick to your guns and you risk he walking away and don't end up selling at all or you have to accept the valuation has to be lowered.

Anyway this is all useless speculation as no one will probably ever officially be told exactly what cash we got up up front in the bank for him it will be just paper gossip and disputes over how much we did get and how rubbish a deal we got

However, going away from the analogy and back to football

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Eze. on 18:38 - Aug 3 with 2604 viewsfrancisbowles

Eze. on 18:14 - Aug 3 by A40Bosh

Yes, but conversely, Estate Agents sell houses they don't buy them.
So stick an "offers in excess of" on your property all you want, and if there are loads of buyers on the market and not a lot of decent houses to pick from, then you might start a bidding war above that initial price. But if you find there is only one person looking in your neighbourhood and he is only slinging in low offers, then either you stick to your guns and you risk he walking away and don't end up selling at all or you have to accept the valuation has to be lowered.

Anyway this is all useless speculation as no one will probably ever officially be told exactly what cash we got up up front in the bank for him it will be just paper gossip and disputes over how much we did get and how rubbish a deal we got

However, going away from the analogy and back to football

That's kind of what I was saying about the market dictating, in the last paragraph.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2020 18:39]
Eze. on 19:07 - Aug 3 with 2487 viewstraininvain

Apparently we’re holding out for £16m which means we’ll probably take £15m if that’s in the public domain.

I was hoping for £20m+ but maybe a bit hopeful in the current climate.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/aug/03/crystal-palaces-offer-for-ebere
[Post edited 3 Aug 2020 19:08]
Eze. on 19:22 - Aug 3 with 2439 viewsflynnbo

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/west-brom-hold-tal
Eze. on 19:37 - Aug 3 with 2364 viewspaulparker

Eze. on 19:07 - Aug 3 by traininvain

Apparently we’re holding out for £16m which means we’ll probably take £15m if that’s in the public domain.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/aug/03/crystal-palaces-offer-for-ebere

He is worth more than 16 million, Bowen at West Ham went for more & Eze is much better
Prem clubs are awash with cash and that’s in the current climate , let’s hope for once we actually sell a player for his true worth

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Eze. on 20:00 - Aug 3 with 2282 viewsLazyFan

Eze. on 19:37 - Aug 3 by paulparker

He is worth more than 16 million, Bowen at West Ham went for more & Eze is much better
Prem clubs are awash with cash and that’s in the current climate , let’s hope for once we actually sell a player for his true worth

Actually they are not awash with cash.

However, Eze is actually the cheap low-risk option (after they have seen the success with Grealish and Bowen) at £20m. And they don't want to have to pay more than that as you would have to do later if someone else buys em.

So, buy now for £20m instead of taking a risky move on a £40m+ player otherwise later if you do want him, he will cost that much.

What we are seeing now is clubs trying it on, as they are hoping we are desperate. As it turns out, we are not. A strange situation for QPR to be in.

zzzzzzzzzz

Eze. on 20:14 - Aug 3 with 2231 viewstraininvain

The good news is we seem to have a few clubs interested and that’ll help push the price up. On reflection, we should be getting £20m for Eze and I hope the club stand firm.
Eze. on 20:32 - Aug 3 with 2151 viewsCiderwithRsie

I'm guessing that one factor here is that we have several players in the shop window. Potentially BOS could be going for c £4m and Manning for a few more. So the financial pressure on us to flog Eze straight away may not be quite as acute as e.g. Palace thought it was.
Login to get fewer ads

Eze. on 21:30 - Aug 3 with 1975 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Eze. on 14:18 - Jul 31 by PinnerPaul

Ake PL appearances?

Eze PL appearances?

Luke Amos has one PL appearance under his belt. Does that make him a better or more valuable player than Eze? Of course not.
Eze. on 21:32 - Aug 3 with 1968 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Eze. on 10:08 - Aug 3 by BlackAndGoldRanger

WLS sport say Palace making a bid but not likely to be our asking price of £20m and closer to £12m. So that will be swiftly rejected me thinks (hopes)

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/crystal-palace-set-to-make-qpr-an-offer-for-

Lazy journalism. The figure of £12m is based on another article that alleges that Palace offered £12m in January (an offer that was swiftly rejected).
Eze. on 21:35 - Aug 3 with 1948 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Eze. on 19:07 - Aug 3 by traininvain

Is that the same current climate that saw Jude Bellingham go for £30million?
Eze. on 21:52 - Aug 3 with 1888 viewstraininvain

Eze. on 21:35 - Aug 3 by Benny_the_Ball

I can only assume it’s the age and potential with Bellingham. 17 years old so he could in theory spend 15+ years at Dortmund or they could sell him for a huge profit in future if he becomes the player they expect.

If Eze was 17 years old and playing in the Championship we’d expect a lot more than £20m.
Eze. on 21:55 - Aug 3 with 1870 viewsGloucs_R

If he goes for less than £20m I think Hoos will lose any credibility.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Eze. on 21:58 - Aug 3 with 1855 viewsAntti_Heinola

Eze. on 21:35 - Aug 3 by Benny_the_Ball

If Man City (roughly England's equivalent of Dortmund, but obviously richer) wanted Eze, yes, it would be more like £30m.
You have to factor in which *clubs* want players. If it's Palace and West Ham, you're at one level. If it's Dortmund, a big club, Champions League regulars etc, the price goes up. Price will depend on buyers. People say City and the like 'overpay', but it's like this: if you were selling your car and some person on an average income wanted it, you'd look for asking price. If a Russian oligarch turned up, you'd probably double it.
Rich clubs will always overpay because they identify their player and pay what it takes to get him. Smaller clubs, as we did with Wells, will bow out earlier and move to other targets.

You'll remember that Dortmund paid £8m for Sancho, who had not played a single first team game. I'm sure some people felt that was silly. And that he was just another lazy/pampered PL academy player.

Dortmund proved right in the end, though. Especially if they make Man United (who have fallen into a bad pattern of buying players one move too late, unlike when they were signing the likes of Ronaldo) pay 10 times that.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2020 22:02]

Bare bones.

Eze. on 22:12 - Aug 3 with 1805 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Ladies and Gents,

May I remind you that QPR recently embarked on a new strategy of buying low and selling high (high being the operative word). For this strategy to work, 4 key things need to happen:
(1) You balance the books so competitors don't think that you're desperate for cash.
(2) You change your scouting system to unearth and develop rough diamonds.
(3) You ensure that any players that make the grade are secured on healthy contracts.
(4) When interest is shown in your players, you hold your nerve and negotiate hard to secure the best deal.

It appears to me that QPR have made some strides on the first 3 points. The accounts are getting healthier and I suspect that QPR will survive the pandemic better than most. In recent years, QPR has acquired and developed some decent young talent such as Eze, BOS, Manning, Chair and Masterson. On the contracts side, QPR have made a recent habit of including the option to extend for a further year thereby mitigating the risk of players leaving on a Bosman.

Which leads us nicely to point 4. With the strategy beginning to come full circle it's important that QPR now rids itself of its past reputation and negotiates premium prices for its best players.

Eze is such a player. He's young, proven, ridiculously talented, English, under contract and being courted by a number of PL clubs. Add to the mix players like Bellingham going for £30 million and Ake £40 million, and it's easy to see why Eze is worth every penny of at least £20 million.

Players like Ebere Eze don't come around every day. For every Eze there will be umpteen young players who don't make the grade, leave on a Bosman or get hoovered up by PL academies. On those rare occasions that the sun, moon and stars align for QPR, it's vital that it reaps the harvest.
Eze. on 22:21 - Aug 3 with 1768 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Eze. on 21:52 - Aug 3 by traininvain

I can only assume it’s the age and potential with Bellingham. 17 years old so he could in theory spend 15+ years at Dortmund or they could sell him for a huge profit in future if he becomes the player they expect.

If Eze was 17 years old and playing in the Championship we’d expect a lot more than £20m.

Eze has only just turned 22 so I don't think that's a factor. Indeed, I would argue that he's more mature, experienced and proven than Bellingham. Jude will need some time and work to consistently play at the top level whilst Eze is ready-to-go now.

In any event, Bellingham went for £30million so even factoring in your assumption, Eze is worth at least £20million.
Eze. on 22:50 - Aug 3 with 1678 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Eze. on 21:58 - Aug 3 by Antti_Heinola

If Man City (roughly England's equivalent of Dortmund, but obviously richer) wanted Eze, yes, it would be more like £30m.
You have to factor in which *clubs* want players. If it's Palace and West Ham, you're at one level. If it's Dortmund, a big club, Champions League regulars etc, the price goes up. Price will depend on buyers. People say City and the like 'overpay', but it's like this: if you were selling your car and some person on an average income wanted it, you'd look for asking price. If a Russian oligarch turned up, you'd probably double it.
Rich clubs will always overpay because they identify their player and pay what it takes to get him. Smaller clubs, as we did with Wells, will bow out earlier and move to other targets.

You'll remember that Dortmund paid £8m for Sancho, who had not played a single first team game. I'm sure some people felt that was silly. And that he was just another lazy/pampered PL academy player.

Dortmund proved right in the end, though. Especially if they make Man United (who have fallen into a bad pattern of buying players one move too late, unlike when they were signing the likes of Ronaldo) pay 10 times that.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2020 22:02]

The car analogy doesn't really work as you won't find Roman Abramovich operating in the same car market as average joe. If you do spot him at Car Giant be sure to give him dog's abuse. The Wells example is somewhat irrelevant as in that instance we were looking to buy, not sell. The amount we were looking to pay for Wells was in keeping with our new strategy of buying low and selling high.

The key drivers of price are the quality and desirability of the item in question, and the demand for said item. In this case, we have a premium product in the shape of a talented and proven young player who is under contract. Demand is high as he has a clutch of PL clubs coveting his services. Hence we have prime conditions for encouraging a bidding war and driving up the price.
Eze. on 00:52 - Aug 4 with 1592 viewsMatch82

Eze. on 22:12 - Aug 3 by Benny_the_Ball

Ladies and Gents,

May I remind you that QPR recently embarked on a new strategy of buying low and selling high (high being the operative word). For this strategy to work, 4 key things need to happen:
(1) You balance the books so competitors don't think that you're desperate for cash.
(2) You change your scouting system to unearth and develop rough diamonds.
(3) You ensure that any players that make the grade are secured on healthy contracts.
(4) When interest is shown in your players, you hold your nerve and negotiate hard to secure the best deal.

It appears to me that QPR have made some strides on the first 3 points. The accounts are getting healthier and I suspect that QPR will survive the pandemic better than most. In recent years, QPR has acquired and developed some decent young talent such as Eze, BOS, Manning, Chair and Masterson. On the contracts side, QPR have made a recent habit of including the option to extend for a further year thereby mitigating the risk of players leaving on a Bosman.

Which leads us nicely to point 4. With the strategy beginning to come full circle it's important that QPR now rids itself of its past reputation and negotiates premium prices for its best players.

Eze is such a player. He's young, proven, ridiculously talented, English, under contract and being courted by a number of PL clubs. Add to the mix players like Bellingham going for £30 million and Ake £40 million, and it's easy to see why Eze is worth every penny of at least £20 million.

Players like Ebere Eze don't come around every day. For every Eze there will be umpteen young players who don't make the grade, leave on a Bosman or get hoovered up by PL academies. On those rare occasions that the sun, moon and stars align for QPR, it's vital that it reaps the harvest.

Agree with all of that but I'm always cautious about taking one outlier and saying "if he's worth that..."

Who was that striker that got signed a couple of years ago for a laughably high fee that it turned out the transfer was dodgy as fck?

I'm expecting something between 15-25 for Eze, if it goes above that I think we've done well and if it's below then we really should be doing better.
Eze. on 07:29 - Aug 4 with 1465 viewstraininvain

Eze. on 22:21 - Aug 3 by Benny_the_Ball

Eze has only just turned 22 so I don't think that's a factor. Indeed, I would argue that he's more mature, experienced and proven than Bellingham. Jude will need some time and work to consistently play at the top level whilst Eze is ready-to-go now.

In any event, Bellingham went for £30million so even factoring in your assumption, Eze is worth at least £20million.

Bellingham went for €29.5m so roughly £26m. Anyway, I suspect the logic for Dortmund is they believe that Bellingham will be a better player than Eze within five years. Otherwise Dortmund would have just signed Eze instead.

Not saying Bellingham will eclipse Eze but the age gap is important here (five years is c25% of a footballers career) as that period between late teens and early 20’s is when most footballers tend to start fulfilling their potential.

Look at Sancho, Dortmund signed him for sub £10m a few years ago and now selling him to Man Utd for £90m. They’ll probably do the same with Haaland. It’s a tried and tested model for them.

If we had a couple of the bigger clubs like Dortmund and Man Utd sniffing around Eze it’d certainly make it easier to achieve £25m+ but we don’t appear to have that luxury so I suspect we’ll end up at c£20m which is Maddison and Bowen territory (probably with a slight discount to take into account Covid).
[Post edited 4 Aug 2020 7:41]
Eze. on 08:36 - Aug 4 with 1342 viewsrsonist

Eze. on 09:02 - Aug 4 with 1272 viewstraininvain

Eze. on 08:36 - Aug 4 by rsonist

You’d hope that someone at the club isn’t briefing the press that we’ve had no further offers and I’d also question the logic of slapping a £16m price tag on him with a number of clubs reportedly interested. Feels a bit like a Dutch auction. Surely it makes more sense to let clubs bid and push the price upwards.
Eze. on 09:22 - Aug 4 with 1217 viewsfrancisbowles

Eze. on 09:02 - Aug 4 by traininvain

You’d hope that someone at the club isn’t briefing the press that we’ve had no further offers and I’d also question the logic of slapping a £16m price tag on him with a number of clubs reportedly interested. Feels a bit like a Dutch auction. Surely it makes more sense to let clubs bid and push the price upwards.

If this is accurate it depends what it means by £16 million up front. I would interpret that as a one off payment on signing, possibly with add ons later. Not paid over a number of years as is the norm.
Eze. on 09:25 - Aug 4 with 1206 viewsrsonist

tfw u let a clutch of PL clubs coveting the services of a more mature, experienced and proven player than Bellingham bid and push the price upwards

Eze. on 09:46 - Aug 4 with 1146 viewsdannyblue

Arsenal linked this morning. That's more like it.
Eze. on 09:54 - Aug 4 with 1126 viewsrsonist

Eze. on 09:46 - Aug 4 by dannyblue

Arsenal linked this morning. That's more like it.

Look closer.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-ebere-eze-arsenal-mikel-arteta-040820
Meanwhile, the Daily Star link Arsenal with Eze along with Brentford winger Said Benrahma.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/arsenal-eberechi-eze-said-benrahma-22
Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta has Championship duo Eberechi Eze and Said Benrahma on his radar this summer, it is claimed. According to football.london , Arsenal are monitoring both players with a view to making a move this summer.

https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/news/eze-arsenal-benrahma-summer-transfer
Given Mikel Arteta will be working with a reduced budget this summer he could do a lot worse than lifting a page from Wenger’s book and looking at England’s second tier for talent. With that said, here are four Championship players for him to consider.]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024