Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joe Bryan - The Pistol From Bristol 09:59 - Aug 5 with 6714 viewsKonk

Joe Bryan -

* Spots the keeper wandering around in Neasden and pings the ball into the bottom corner: 1-0! Bang!

* Plays an intricate one-two with Mitrovic and slots the ball past the keeper with his right foot: 2-0! Bang!

* Drops a Fu ck-bomb in the post-match interviews! Bang!

* Dedicates the goals, the win and his entire career to, "the man who inspired me, who showed me that if you focussed, worked hard and approached things with the right outlook, anything was possible when it came to sensible hair. Konk showed me the way and everything I've achieved; 99% of it is down to the confidence I've gained from copying his haircut - although he wears his a bit different". Bang!
Nice touch that from Joe. Wasn't expecting it.

What a weird promotion: underwhelming for most of the season, play-offs in empty stadiums, watched the final in a Somerset bungalow, and the new season starts in about three hours. A pretty dismal game with neither side creating much, but hey-ho. Of our current squad, I only have confidence in Rodak, Bryan (weirdly looked better in PL than Championship), Hector(?), Cairney and Mitrovic being PL quality. We really need to sign Reed as he's been very good for us.

Not confident that we'll do good business - with Tony Khan as DOF we've converted the three disappointing loanees into permanent signings for £30m odd. I'm sure he now feels vindicated, so it'll probably be more of the same. Hopefully Tony Khan will focus on his Wrestling business and let someone else worry about the football.

Switchingbee/Newbee - Genuinely very sad that you missed the last competitive game at GP - hope you get to have some sort of send-off. Brentford were a much more entertaining side than us this season, but we finished on the same points, and I think Parker got last night's game spot-on. Would have been weird for you to be promoted to the top division for the first time in 70-odd years, without any of you being there. Sure you'll get there before too long.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2020 10:42]

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Joe Bryan - The Pistol From Bristol on 10:55 - Aug 6 with 1184 viewsDannyPaddox

Joe Bryan - The Pistol From Bristol on 10:32 - Aug 6 by Dorse

'The Pistol from Bristol'? Good job he didn't come from Duntish.

Or further west - Ruan Minor
Joe Bryan - The Pistol From Bristol on 14:00 - Aug 6 with 1119 viewsDorse

Joe Bryan - The Pistol From Bristol on 10:55 - Aug 6 by DannyPaddox

Or further west - Ruan Minor

I see what you did there... 😁

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Joe Bryan - The Pistol From Bristol on 14:15 - Aug 6 with 1100 viewstimcocking

Joe Bryan - The Pistol From Bristol on 10:47 - Aug 5 by Konk

Sorry about the blank posting - my laptop was being a div.

No problem, although you've now made my witty retort look a little daft...
Joe Bryan - The Pistol From Bristol on 20:25 - Aug 6 with 1040 viewsKonk

Joe Bryan - The Pistol From Bristol on 22:14 - Aug 5 by ted_hendrix

As I see it now when QPR next play Bristol Titty the likelihood of us all gathering at Konk's front room to drink tea and eat home made scones whilst quietly admiring the front room decor is less than zero, I have a funny feeling that Konk might distance himself from us now that Fulham have joined the elite, we (QPR) might just be viewed by Konk as just another working class club and not fit to pass the fit and proper test to mingle with the upper echelons of World football.

I might be right I might be wrong only time will tell.

I went to Bristol Zoo once It's a good Zoo but I thought the penguins smelt a bit, there's a picture of an elephant on one of the road signs on the M5 as you head South, for some reason that sign always makes me laugh.

Ted, I will never forget you lot. Never. Even if we finish 17th. I give you my word. You will never be Queens Park Strangers to me.

And at £3k+ a pop, you will always be welcome at my home.

Bristol zoo - took my son once and he just gawped at the sodding seahorses for ages. Over twenty minutes. Fuc king tedious. I struggle with zoos - I get the conservation bit, but it's just not right. Set them free (but not round my way).

Joe Bryan - The Pistol From Bristol on 20:29 - Aug 6 with 1040 viewsKonk

Joe Bryan - The Pistol From Bristol on 22:39 - Aug 5 by londonscottish

Congrats Konk. Two great goals - one for pure comedy, the other for a great finish.

Karl would have been made up. He hated buses. He hated Brentford. He hated Nylon.

Karl hated ALL synthetic fabrics. The main reason he wore a cotton '75 FA Cup Final replica jersey rather than contemporary shirts.

To be fair to Joe Bryan - they were both great finishes, but yes, the first one is still making me chuckle, although being a soppy old sod, I do feel a bit sorry for their keeper.

Joe Bryan - The Pistol From Bristol on 10:38 - Aug 9 with 929 viewslondonscottish

Joe Bryan - The Pistol From Bristol on 20:29 - Aug 6 by Konk

Karl hated ALL synthetic fabrics. The main reason he wore a cotton '75 FA Cup Final replica jersey rather than contemporary shirts.

To be fair to Joe Bryan - they were both great finishes, but yes, the first one is still making me chuckle, although being a soppy old sod, I do feel a bit sorry for their keeper.

I actually loved that first goal and there was a lot of planning and technique behind it. They's been watching the keeper's positioning and new they might get a chance to do something interesting.

The build up was brilliant where Parker was talking to Bryan on the touchline miming a shot over the wall into the top right corner whilst saying "hammer it as hard as you can to the left".

LOL.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Joe Bryan - The Pistol From Bristol on 12:49 - Aug 9 with 879 viewsDannyPaddox

Even up to the last weeks of the season I’d heard more than one Fulham fan being a bit sniffy about Scott Parker. Have to say I was extremely impressed with the way he handled these play-offs from the tactics in general to big decisions like keeping Mitrovic on the bench until the last 10 minutes. Couldn’t help but think of Gareth The Waistcoat Southgate. If he’d have had the cojones to do the same with Harry Kane in the World Cup against Belgium - England might have got to the Final.

And such a shame German Karl wasn’t around to be part of this. Picture the scores of handcrafted cardboard-découpage and accessorised-mannequins that would’ve filled the Fulham end. Wembley would’ve been transformed into a Zoolander Cottage.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024