Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? 00:11 - Aug 20 with 16957 viewsVancouverHoop

Wouldn't be a bad idea. The mint-green change kit can go to the Sally-Ann though.
Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 20:00 - Aug 20 with 2535 viewsHunterhoop

Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 19:49 - Aug 20 by rsonist

Couldn't disagree more with this. Dominance of blue is the absolute #1 mistake to make with our kits, it's the difference between us and Reading (whose kit this looks nothing at all like, bollox Hunter).

Disagree.
Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 20:14 - Aug 20 with 2506 viewsrsonist

Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 20:00 - Aug 20 by Hunterhoop

Disagree.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Reading/Reading.htm

Four years out of their whole history their kit has been more white than blue so disagree with objective fact all you like.
Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 21:02 - Aug 20 with 2424 viewsHunterhoop

Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 20:14 - Aug 20 by rsonist

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Reading/Reading.htm

Four years out of their whole history their kit has been more white than blue so disagree with objective fact all you like.

Jesus. Get over yourself, man. Read my first post. I meant that in reference to the sideways stripe comment (literally my next sentence!)...you know, how we call them the fake hoops because for some of those years their “hoops” didn’t go all the way around.

From the front, it does look like a horizontal stripe slapped on a white background. That’s a subjective opinion, mine.
Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 22:19 - Aug 20 with 2336 viewsenfieldargh

Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 15:41 - Aug 20 by DWQPR

Now given that this was recently voted the best QPR kit of all time I can see a very striking similarity between the Guinness kit and the new kit.

Plenty of red in this one, but of course the Adidas shirt has the three stripes running down the sleeve breaking up the white of the shoulders. The first hoop as one poster put it is a horizontal stripe (not to me it isn't).

As for the away shirt, we haven't always done all red tops but have a history of them dating back to the early 70's well before the Dennis the Menace shirt was ever thought about. We had this, which was a favourite of mine

This, short-lived effort from Admiral (half a of the 1974-75 season before the club switched to Umbro because of quality issues)

I remember my brother getting that one for his birthday. And of course the most fabled of the all red shirts was the Cup Final one

And all came with black shorts and socks. For me I like the home shirt, plain and simple and when compared to the way Nike or Adidas produce kits for clubs I like the fact that Errea allow free reign on design. A decent 8.5/10 for both kits.

My son sold my FA cup replica shirt on ebay for north of £200.

It was a small I was slim in 1981.

My wife shortened it some time ago as it was too long for my son when he was 6 years old!!!

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 22:25 - Aug 20 with 2319 viewsHooparoo

The away strip is a vast improvement over the multi-coloured baby vomit of green and pink but not a fan of the home. Looks pink on the collar and if we’re going to use red as piping make it the same as the sponsor and the numbers.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2020 22:26]

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 22:25 - Aug 20 with 2317 viewsenfieldargh

Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 14:27 - Aug 20 by daveB

I always like a bit of red, those ones with the red trims are always a hit with me,, looks similar to this classic to me.

the top sort of hoop on this years one is similar to the Warnock season

Great photo this.

I reckon its from our home game V Fulham in 1979.

Presuming TC has just scored our third?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 23:55 - Aug 20 with 2222 viewsCiderwithRsie

Not a fan of white on the shoulders or of un-hooped sleeves but home kit essentially OK, it's a QPR shirt.

Away kit: I'm a die-hard Dennis-the-Menace fan but again it's a QPR shirt and massive improvement on last two years.

B+ for me. No algorithms used.
Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 00:00 - Aug 21 with 2216 viewstribalr

Both kits are adequate. Just a shame that another generic betting company is our sponsor.
Login to get fewer ads

Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 00:17 - Aug 21 with 2191 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 14:26 - Aug 20 by BklynRanger

Hmmmmmmmmm. Bit barren in the upper area - if we buy anyone of pale complexion he'll look like he's wearing an off the shoulder number.

Sometimes they look better in real life...

Hit the nail on the head for me BklynRanger its just lacking a collar maybe or some more trim .I still like it though .
The away one is lovely and a nice change from the last few .I have never added the FA Cup shirt to my collection for some reason but I might grab this one .
Home 6 /10
Away 8.5/10
Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 02:47 - Aug 21 with 2137 viewstimcocking

Please God they don't make a laughing stock of us again...
Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 02:55 - Aug 21 with 2142 viewsMatch82

Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 14:08 - Aug 20 by Gloucs_R

Home reminds me of the influence kit

Away looks identical to Forest

Such a small thing but for me if they had added something to the bottom of the sleeves like the blue in the influence lot there, would have taken it from a 7 to a 9
Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 03:04 - Aug 21 with 2128 viewstimcocking

Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 02:55 - Aug 21 by Match82

Such a small thing but for me if they had added something to the bottom of the sleeves like the blue in the influence lot there, would have taken it from a 7 to a 9

Christ you had me worried, for a moment i thought it was that red pile of sh!t. Please God it's not a plain red shirt? That cannot be possible. Please God, not again.
Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 09:38 - Aug 21 with 2017 viewsjoe90

Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 19:49 - Aug 20 by rsonist

Couldn't disagree more with this. Dominance of blue is the absolute #1 mistake to make with our kits, it's the difference between us and Reading (whose kit this looks nothing at all like, bollox Hunter).

Agreed.
Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 14:37 - Aug 21 with 1910 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 22:19 - Aug 20 by enfieldargh

My son sold my FA cup replica shirt on ebay for north of £200.

It was a small I was slim in 1981.

My wife shortened it some time ago as it was too long for my son when he was 6 years old!!!

Great pictures and story there enfieldargh and yes I can see why that shirt was voted our favorite by the fans its just beautiful .I did not bid on your sons shirt on Ebay I think but do keep an eye out for old QPR shirts on there .
I am still looking for the original Guinness sponsored Adidas design maybe 82/83 which had less red and a kind of velvet crest or maybe my mind is just playing tricks with me.Its been almost 40 years half a lifetime and my mind was much sharper then
Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 21:33 - Aug 22 with 1761 viewsloftboy

Just home from my holidays.watched the highlights from today’s game and the kit looks excellent, definitely a ringer for the 89/90 influence shirt.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 22:19 - Aug 22 with 1702 viewsHooparoo

Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 21:33 - Aug 22 by loftboy

Just home from my holidays.watched the highlights from today’s game and the kit looks excellent, definitely a ringer for the 89/90 influence shirt.

Was thinking the same after seeing the photo gallery on the offing. Looking forward to seeing the away strip in action.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 00:45 - Aug 23 with 1630 viewsHunterhoop

I will accept and admit the kit looks better in real match action than it does in the studio shots. The shoulder and sleeves still bug me. I still don’t think it’s a good kit design but it’s better than I thought. 5.5
Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 02:39 - Aug 23 with 1594 viewstimcocking

Well whatever the away kit is, at least we know it can't possibly be worse than last time. They'd have to come up with...i don't know, how about plain red, that's the only thing that could be worse than last time realistically and it would be gratuitously cruel to inflict that upon us, they'd never do that...
Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 14:10 - Aug 23 with 1463 viewsOldPedro

Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 02:39 - Aug 23 by timcocking

Well whatever the away kit is, at least we know it can't possibly be worse than last time. They'd have to come up with...i don't know, how about plain red, that's the only thing that could be worse than last time realistically and it would be gratuitously cruel to inflict that upon us, they'd never do that...

Not sure about the shirt on it's own as it could do with the white trim being black but think the kit as a whole with black shorts and socks looks good.

Wonder if they will be able to put black numbers on it?

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024