Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? 00:11 - Aug 20 with 16953 viewsVancouverHoop

Wouldn't be a bad idea. The mint-green change kit can go to the Sally-Ann though.
Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 13:48 - Aug 20 with 1892 viewsBrianMcCarthy

This kit didn't have blue on the sleeves either. Maybe I'm too caught-up on that point.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 13:48 - Aug 20 with 1892 viewsToast_R

As they they, it's not the outside that matters but what's on the inside.
Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 13:48 - Aug 20 with 1889 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 13:48 - Aug 20 by Toast_R

As they they, it's not the outside that matters but what's on the inside.

They they that do they?

Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 13:50 - Aug 20 with 1877 viewsHunterhoop

Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 13:48 - Aug 20 by BrianMcCarthy

This kit didn't have blue on the sleeves either. Maybe I'm too caught-up on that point.

It does, Brian. 3 blue stripes running across the shoulder and down the sleeve. It’s not a full hoop, which I prefer, but at least the sleeves have blue on.
Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 13:51 - Aug 20 with 1866 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 13:50 - Aug 20 by Hunterhoop

It does, Brian. 3 blue stripes running across the shoulder and down the sleeve. It’s not a full hoop, which I prefer, but at least the sleeves have blue on.

True.

Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 13:51 - Aug 20 with 1861 viewsTacticalR

Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 13:25 - Aug 20 by Hunterhoop

Away kit = Excellent! Top marks.

Home kit = awful, imo. Looks like Reading kit from the 90s/00s. The top hoop isn’t a hoop; it’s a sideways stripe. It doesn’t connect at the back. It needed to either under or across the sleeves. The red striped trim on the home kit doesn’t work for me either. It dilutes the red and adds more white. The sleeves look way too white and plain for me. Think it’ll look very white in the sun. No in the same ballpark as the Dryworld one. And not even as good as last year’s polo shirt.

Still, the away kit is brilliant.

The problem with the striped trim is that it looks weak against the logo and against the hoops. I think a stronger plain red trim (as in the Dryworld kit) or a stronger plain blue trim would have have been better.

Can someone do a mockup of what the kit would have looked like if the trim had been plain red to match the logo or plain blue to match the hoops?

Air hostess clique

Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 13:51 - Aug 20 with 1854 viewspaulparker

Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 13:25 - Aug 20 by Juzzie

Home 6.5/10
Got to have blue across the shoulder at least and on the sleeve if possible.

Away 8/10

Both will probably look better without the sponsor.

Yeah the sponsor ruins the shirts
I think the away one makes us look like Nottingham Forest

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 13:53 - Aug 20 with 1825 viewsHunterhoop

Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 13:41 - Aug 20 by daveB

Blimey, it looks pretty similar to what we usually have to me, could be better but I've no real issue with it

Just to be clear, it hasn’t ruined my day, I’m not a kit collector, I don’t feel obliged to buy one every year, I just think it’s a bad design. It’s a forum. We’ll all giving our views. Just because you don’t share my dislike, doesn’t make it valid. Like all kit and clothes design, it’s subjective.
Following the scoring mechanism others have done, I’d go:
Home - 4/10
Away - 8.5/10
Login to get fewer ads

Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 13:54 - Aug 20 with 1819 viewsToast_R

Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 13:48 - Aug 20 by BrianMcCarthy

They they that do they?

That was me simultaneously pretending to be interested in a work call while posting pearls of wisdom on here. This working from home lark.
Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 13:56 - Aug 20 with 1808 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 13:54 - Aug 20 by Toast_R

That was me simultaneously pretending to be interested in a work call while posting pearls of wisdom on here. This working from home lark.

Sorry, made myself chuckle!

Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 13:56 - Aug 20 with 1803 viewsPinnerPaul

Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 10:28 - Aug 20 by blacky200

Hate that we are being sponsored by a betting company. Wish we could buy the kits unbranded.

and the money would come from?

No company is going to sponsor a shirt that only 22 people ever wear!
Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 13:59 - Aug 20 with 1775 viewsPinnerPaul

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Clothes+show+opening+titles&&view=detail&mi
Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 14:00 - Aug 20 with 1772 viewsToast_R

Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 13:53 - Aug 20 by Hunterhoop

Just to be clear, it hasn’t ruined my day, I’m not a kit collector, I don’t feel obliged to buy one every year, I just think it’s a bad design. It’s a forum. We’ll all giving our views. Just because you don’t share my dislike, doesn’t make it valid. Like all kit and clothes design, it’s subjective.
Home - 4/10
Away - 8.5/10

A lowly 4?

Have you used Gavin Williamson's algorithm to get that mark?
[Post edited 20 Aug 2020 14:01]
Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 14:01 - Aug 20 with 1766 viewsAntti_Heinola

Well I won't be returning to the KPF any time soon.

Not because I don't like the kits - they're both fine (as they are every year). Just because of Corona.

Home - 7.5/10
Away - 9/10

Good job.

Wish it wasn't a betting sponsor, but at least the logo is no-nonsense. And again, that means no sponsor on the kids shirts, which is definitely A Good Thing.

Bare bones.

Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 14:03 - Aug 20 with 1743 viewsHunterhoop

Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 14:00 - Aug 20 by Toast_R

A lowly 4?

Have you used Gavin Williamson's algorithm to get that mark?
[Post edited 20 Aug 2020 14:01]

Ha! I really don’t like it. Looks cheap and off a template to me.
Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 14:04 - Aug 20 with 1731 viewsBlackCrowe

I really like the home shirt. Hope this helps.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 14:04 - Aug 20 with 1730 viewsgobbles

Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 14:01 - Aug 20 by Antti_Heinola

Well I won't be returning to the KPF any time soon.

Not because I don't like the kits - they're both fine (as they are every year). Just because of Corona.

Home - 7.5/10
Away - 9/10

Good job.

Wish it wasn't a betting sponsor, but at least the logo is no-nonsense. And again, that means no sponsor on the kids shirts, which is definitely A Good Thing.

I like the home kit, not a fan of the away kit. Didn't like the kit when we played in it at 1982 Cup FInal either. Plain red is just not QPR. Hoops of halves for me.
Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 14:05 - Aug 20 with 1722 viewsMick_S

All opinions, of course - the blue piping to the shorts is decent; the red to the shirt is a no-no.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 14:08 - Aug 20 with 1697 viewsGloucs_R

Home reminds me of the influence kit

Away looks identical to Forest

Poll: Are we staying up?

Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 14:09 - Aug 20 with 1686 viewsLongsufferingR

The away one is a kit to be taken seriously in. Should never be turquoise, pink or yellow.
Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 14:10 - Aug 20 with 1684 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Both kits look ok to me. I don’t think the photographs are doing them justice except Kakay in the home kit looks good. You can never really tell until you see them close up anyway.

Keeper kits quite nice too.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 14:11 - Aug 20 with 1671 viewsNoelmc

I think the home kit has too much white at the top, so it's a 6/10 for me. However, I'm a big fan of red and black in our away kits as it gives a dramatic difference to the home kit. I'd score it 8/10 as I'd need to see Dennis the Menace hoops for a 9 or 10. Brings back good memories of 1982 though.
Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 14:14 - Aug 20 with 1649 viewsToast_R

So we've had some rather pretentious names for several away kits recently, Mint, Fuchsia, Duck Egg etc. What are we going to brand this one as?

What about Ferrari?
Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 14:15 - Aug 20 with 1638 viewsLeedsR

See if this works....

https://images.app.goo.gl/eeuk4YDTy5aewmyt5

https://images.app.goo.gl/5xbWNPPc9319dYqS8
Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 14:18 - Aug 20 with 1602 viewsdaveB

Is there a new kit, or are we making do with the old one? on 13:53 - Aug 20 by Hunterhoop

Home - 4/10
Away - 8.5/10

Calm Down, i've not said your view isn't valid, just thought it was a bit over the top to say it was awful. Is pretty similar to the Adidas kit from the late 70's which I liked as well.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024