Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
OAP season tickets 12:49 - Aug 21 with 3818 viewsstowmarketrange

As I turn 60 next month,I went into the box office in September last year and asked the staff what will happen next,(this) September.Dont worry they said,we’ll allow a pro rata price to happen.
I asked the same question via email a couple of months ago and got a reply today saying that I needed to have been 60 by August 1st to get an OAP ticket for the coming season,which I will be 4 days after the 1st game of the season.
They will therefore charge me full price in our package for the coming season.I’m not sure whether we’ll be allowed into many games next season,so to pay £200 more for the privilege doesn’t sound much of a bargain to me.
And isn’t there a sliding scale to raise the age bracket to 65 starting next season?So I could be forced to pay full price until I reach 65 as my birthday will be 6 weeks after the cut off time every year?
I blame my parents mainly,followed by covid 19 and then the club.
I know times are hard for our club,but I’m surely tempted to give up my season ticket after 44 long years and buy them cheap as and when I can go.
OAP season tickets on 15:08 - Aug 21 with 2853 viewsBoston

When you hit 70, the season ticket comes with free tapioca pudding,

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

OAP season tickets on 16:29 - Aug 21 with 2683 viewsDavieQPR

You're not really paying £200 more because you are still paying the same price as before.
You have just missed the chance to pay £200 less.
OAP season tickets on 19:24 - Aug 21 with 2536 viewscolinallcars

OAP season tickets on 15:08 - Aug 21 by Boston

When you hit 70, the season ticket comes with free tapioca pudding,

And another thing.....When you hit 70, the season ticket comes with free tapioca pudding.
OAP season tickets on 21:39 - Aug 21 with 2441 viewsGloryHunter

I turned 60 and got my cheap ST while we were in the Prem. Happy days. Funny thing is, I started buying concession tickets for the away games, too. And then, queuing to get in at White Hart Lane, I looked at the ticket and realised that for Spurs (and presumably for other clubs too), the concession was only for 65+! Never got stopped, though. (And one of the few benefits of getting older is that you can always claim befudled ignorance and short sightedness.) I have always been impressed that QPR have been more generous than other clubs in that respect, however.
OAP season tickets on 06:15 - Aug 22 with 2323 viewsessextaxiboy

OAP season tickets on 21:39 - Aug 21 by GloryHunter

I turned 60 and got my cheap ST while we were in the Prem. Happy days. Funny thing is, I started buying concession tickets for the away games, too. And then, queuing to get in at White Hart Lane, I looked at the ticket and realised that for Spurs (and presumably for other clubs too), the concession was only for 65+! Never got stopped, though. (And one of the few benefits of getting older is that you can always claim befudled ignorance and short sightedness.) I have always been impressed that QPR have been more generous than other clubs in that respect, however.

I turned 60 in July ,concession has been applied automatically , I pay by DD so expecting the payment to be 20 quid less pm.month than last year.

How about not renewing , then buying a ST after your birthday as a new buyer aged 60 ?
[Post edited 22 Aug 2020 6:16]
OAP season tickets on 13:19 - Aug 22 with 2092 viewsPinnerPaul

OAP season tickets on 06:15 - Aug 22 by essextaxiboy

I turned 60 in July ,concession has been applied automatically , I pay by DD so expecting the payment to be 20 quid less pm.month than last year.

How about not renewing , then buying a ST after your birthday as a new buyer aged 60 ?
[Post edited 22 Aug 2020 6:16]

Also hitting the big 6 0 this year, but all a bit irrelevant if we don't know know if we can buy a season ticket, how much it will cost and how many games its for?
OAP season tickets on 13:41 - Aug 22 with 2082 viewsdaveB

OAP season tickets on 13:19 - Aug 22 by PinnerPaul

Also hitting the big 6 0 this year, but all a bit irrelevant if we don't know know if we can buy a season ticket, how much it will cost and how many games its for?

you can buy a season ticket, got mine this week.

Prices on the offish
OAP season tickets on 13:45 - Aug 22 with 2078 viewscolinallcars

OAP season tickets on 13:19 - Aug 22 by PinnerPaul

I'm sirprised the club hasn't made its intentions known with regard to STs. Does anyone knowif other clubs have announce their plans ?
Bearing in mind this is a thread about OAP tickets, I wonder if the club is awaiting guidelins as to whether older supporters should be sold tickets.
I'm due to go on hols tomorrow and on return could find my seat has been given to someone else. Is the box office open ?
I dunno what's occuring Herman Goering.
Login to get fewer ads

OAP season tickets on 13:45 - Aug 22 with 2077 viewsPinnerPaul

OAP season tickets on 13:41 - Aug 22 by daveB

you can buy a season ticket, got mine this week.

Prices on the offish

Ok, but that's over simplifying just a tad Dave?

You don't know how many games you can go to, when you will be able to go, when the first match you can attend will be, if you can sit in your usual seat, if you get free live on line access to those you can't and if you will receive any refund if the stadium isn't open for all 23 games - highly likely!

Well done you, but I wouldn't mind a FEW clues to the above questions before renewing!
OAP season tickets on 13:50 - Aug 22 with 2068 viewsPinnerPaul

OAP season tickets on 13:45 - Aug 22 by colinallcars

I'm sirprised the club hasn't made its intentions known with regard to STs. Does anyone knowif other clubs have announce their plans ?
Bearing in mind this is a thread about OAP tickets, I wonder if the club is awaiting guidelins as to whether older supporters should be sold tickets.
I'm due to go on hols tomorrow and on return could find my seat has been given to someone else. Is the box office open ?

I don't see how they can give your seat to someone else as the renewal deadline is still open.
OAP season tickets on 13:54 - Aug 22 with 2056 viewsdaveB

OAP season tickets on 13:45 - Aug 22 by PinnerPaul

Ok, but that's over simplifying just a tad Dave?

You don't know how many games you can go to, when you will be able to go, when the first match you can attend will be, if you can sit in your usual seat, if you get free live on line access to those you can't and if you will receive any refund if the stadium isn't open for all 23 games - highly likely!

Well done you, but I wouldn't mind a FEW clues to the above questions before renewing!

was just saying you can buy them as you said before you couldn't.

Would agree a lot of things we don't know yet but as lot of that has nothing to do with the club,depends on when government gives thumbs up

the deal Sky and the EFL did today means streams will be available which i guess will be announced this week
OAP season tickets on 13:58 - Aug 22 with 2045 viewsPinnerPaul

OAP season tickets on 13:54 - Aug 22 by daveB

was just saying you can buy them as you said before you couldn't.

Would agree a lot of things we don't know yet but as lot of that has nothing to do with the club,depends on when government gives thumbs up

the deal Sky and the EFL did today means streams will be available which i guess will be announced this week

Don't want a row, but yes you CAN buy them, but without knowing exactly what you will get, most won't.

Agree waiting for government, EFL and FA can't be easy!, but an update wouldn't go amiss, as I said the last we had was the deadline was extended indefinitely.

Streams - one question probably, possibly, partially answered - hooray!
[Post edited 22 Aug 2020 14:01]
OAP season tickets on 13:58 - Aug 22 with 2041 viewsdaveB

OAP season tickets on 13:45 - Aug 22 by colinallcars

box office staff all working from home. The renewals for ST has been extended so you won't lose your seat
OAP season tickets on 14:00 - Aug 22 with 2033 viewsdaveB

OAP season tickets on 13:58 - Aug 22 by PinnerPaul

Don't want a row, but yes you CAN buy them, but without knowing exactly what you will get, most won't.

Agree waiting for government, EFL and FA can't be easy!, but an update wouldn't go amiss, as I said the last we had was the deadline was extended indefinitely.

Streams - one question probably, possibly, partially answered - hooray!
[Post edited 22 Aug 2020 14:01]

yeah as I say I was just replying as you said you couldn't buy them so wasn't sure if you were aware that you could if you wanted to.

what update can they give? The advice is still no mass gatherings so they are playing behind closed doors until that changes
OAP season tickets on 14:08 - Aug 22 with 2015 viewsPinnerPaul

OAP season tickets on 14:00 - Aug 22 by daveB

yeah as I say I was just replying as you said you couldn't buy them so wasn't sure if you were aware that you could if you wanted to.

what update can they give? The advice is still no mass gatherings so they are playing behind closed doors until that changes

I guess so.

Lower league football HAVE given go ahead for spectators though.

This could be wrong, as I've mentioned before I don't follow news closely since this all started, but I thought trials for elite sport spectators was supposed to start Aug/Sept with a view to some return in October, but then infections rose and that was delayed 'for at least two weeks'. Not sure what happened after that but some spectators WERE at the snooker and that's indoors but a lot fewer people.

As you say, who knows?, which is why club hasn't issued anything definitive, but SOMETHING would be nice!
OAP season tickets on 14:23 - Aug 22 with 2002 viewscolinallcars

OAP season tickets on 14:00 - Aug 22 by daveB

Yes, I suppose the club is unable to adopt a firm position. I think I'll contact the club and renew and just play it by ear as to whether I can get to games if indeed fans are allowed in. I'm sure the club would play the game ( sorry about the pun) with regard to refunds for games we can't attend.
OAP season tickets on 14:28 - Aug 22 with 1986 viewsPinnerPaul

OAP season tickets on 14:23 - Aug 22 by colinallcars

Yes, I suppose the club is unable to adopt a firm position. I think I'll contact the club and renew and just play it by ear as to whether I can get to games if indeed fans are allowed in. I'm sure the club would play the game ( sorry about the pun) with regard to refunds for games we can't attend.

Yep I guess so, might leave it a bit longer before following suit though.
OAP season tickets on 14:55 - Aug 22 with 1965 viewsHarbour

OAP season tickets on 14:08 - Aug 22 by PinnerPaul

I guess so.

This could be wrong, as I've mentioned before I don't follow news closely since this all started, but I thought trials for elite sport spectators was supposed to start Aug/Sept with a view to some return in October, but then infections rose and that was delayed 'for at least two weeks'. Not sure what happened after that but some spectators WERE at the snooker and that's indoors but a lot fewer people.

As you say, who knows?, which is why club hasn't issued anything definitive, but SOMETHING would be nice!

Guardian reporting today efl in talks with charlton and Cambridge united about trial games with spectators. Charlton holds 27k and been suggested between 6k and 8500 could attend. Charlton game v Doncaster rovers on 19/09 suggested test event depending on Gov advice.
OAP season tickets on 16:33 - Aug 22 with 1887 viewsPinnerPaul

OAP season tickets on 14:55 - Aug 22 by Harbour

Guardian reporting today efl in talks with charlton and Cambridge united about trial games with spectators. Charlton holds 27k and been suggested between 6k and 8500 could attend. Charlton game v Doncaster rovers on 19/09 suggested test event depending on Gov advice.

Cheers Harbour
OAP season tickets on 19:42 - Aug 22 with 1789 viewsdaveB

OAP season tickets on 14:08 - Aug 22 by PinnerPaul

I guess so.

Most of the trial events were cancelled earlier this month so all up in the air at the moment, I think they are going to try and gets fans in for the England v Wales game in October but have to wait for government to give the go ahead
OAP season tickets on 19:44 - Aug 22 with 1784 viewsdaveB

OAP season tickets on 14:23 - Aug 22 by colinallcars

I'm guessing that it will be the same as lockdown if you can't attend you get the stream for free or a refund. The EFL and Sky agreeing the games can all be streamed should mean that will get announced in the next week or so.
OAP season tickets on 09:47 - Aug 23 with 1625 viewsrobith

My dad turned 60 late September last year and we moaned about this every game last season. Halcyon days
OAP season tickets on 10:30 - Aug 23 with 1598 viewsstowmarketrange

I’ve just looked at the fixture list for the season and we will have a minimum of 7 midweek home games,assuming Sky don’t change some to a Friday or Monday,and I definitely can’t make the Luton game on May 8th,so that will be over 1/3 of the home games I won’t be able to go to,unless I take 1 days holiday from work every time.
All in all I don’t think I’ll bother this season and just buy a ticket as and when I can.And for the OAP rate too.
OAP season tickets on 16:04 - Aug 23 with 1498 viewsstowmarketrange

Just a quick update of the state of play.I phoned my local non league club at needham market and they’ll let me have an oap season ticket with them for the grand sum of £120 a year,so that’s me sorted until we get back to normal at qpr.
Kevin Horlock is their manager this season,after returning to the club he finished his playing career with.Anyone know where I can get a dog from to boost their attendance figures?
OAP season tickets on 20:47 - Aug 23 with 1390 viewsTacticalR

OAP season tickets on 16:04 - Aug 23 by stowmarketrange

Just a quick update of the state of play.I phoned my local non league club at needham market and they’ll let me have an oap season ticket with them for the grand sum of £120 a year,so that’s me sorted until we get back to normal at qpr.
Kevin Horlock is their manager this season,after returning to the club he finished his playing career with.Anyone know where I can get a dog from to boost their attendance figures?

Can it be any old dog, or must the dog have a record of previous attendance at Needham Market games?

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024