Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Highlights from today on offish 21:09 - Aug 22 with 6088 viewsbosh67

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/highlights/pre-season-highlights-qpr-3-afc-wimbledo

Very brief observations based on it being a training match

Dykes on this brief showing could grow one day to be the love child of Charlie Austin and Jamie Mackie. Looks extremely confident and a much bigger unit than I thought.

Chair seems to look as though he is prepared to step up if, as and when Eze goes.

BOS you will go some way to fluff a chance like that again. Football amnesia for a moment there.

Dieng looked pretty competent in the few things shown.

We need to work on our direct free kicks!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Highlights from today on offish on 14:29 - Aug 23 with 1557 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Highlights from today on offish on 13:45 - Aug 23 by LazyFan

Agree that the Dons were terrible. Loads of space available, players allowed to turn and run with the ball. Set up for Bettache which he took advantage of. Kid looks good and should be allowed to integrate with the Squad this year and not be sent on loan.

We should not make the same mistakes we made with Darnell Furlong and send him out on loan when we know he's good enough. Bettache needs a few real games with our team not someone else's. He's ready.

Whereas Ramkilde should go out on loan as he is not ready, but could with some lower league games be ready after season. Or at least we shall find out.

BoS on the other hand even if you take away the miss looked off pace. Smythe ran at them and it showed. He should stay with us as well this season and allowed some games.

Cameron was woeful as well, way too many passes to the opp. Also he tries to do things his body can no longer do, like go past a man with a flick of the ball. I think he maybe past it this year.

Manning was poor too. As we know he's always super fit then one has to think he was not bothered today.

Mido looked to me like he was trying too hard and should be played on the right, not the left as his cut ins don't really work. And in post-lockdown he did a few nice crosses from the right in real games.

Dyke looks a good buy. He holds the ball up like Paul Furlong and this is more the sort of player he looks like. He should do well for us and we need it.

The defence was still woeful on the corners. We really need a big animal centre half of the evilest and nasty kind. BFG is dirty but he's slow and not tall enough. We need a giant monster to dominate that box. If we get such a player, a nice touch would be if they were really ugly as well. Just to add to the intimidation factor.

BTW: Commentator said Dons were playing their 6th friendly already. I suspect we shall end up loaning them, two players. Like for example Ramkilde and Gubbins, as this way they get free loans and we get our players playing on the home turf week in and week out. Good for us that if we wish to see them in the first team next season.

Looked like Manning took a knock and limped around for a while on the highlights .Or he just stayed down while the play went on just to fake injury angry at the Ref its hard to say .
Either way it did not look good so maybe he is truly looking to move on.His free kick was rubbish too but so were a couple more and like bosh said we have to improve there .A lot of goals on offer from those positions and from corners God knows we give up enough easy ones to the opposition
Highlights from today on offish on 16:46 - Aug 23 with 1441 viewsMatch82

Notable on the highlights for me, how they went out of their way to show a couple of positive but unremarkable highlights for dieng, which wouldn't normally make a 5 minute highlight reel
Highlights from today on offish on 17:06 - Aug 23 with 1419 viewsPinnerPaul

Highlights from today on offish on 14:29 - Aug 23 by CLAREMAN1995

Looked like Manning took a knock and limped around for a while on the highlights .Or he just stayed down while the play went on just to fake injury angry at the Ref its hard to say .
Either way it did not look good so maybe he is truly looking to move on.His free kick was rubbish too but so were a couple more and like bosh said we have to improve there .A lot of goals on offer from those positions and from corners God knows we give up enough easy ones to the opposition

He's done that 'Must have been a foul, look how injured I am' routine loads of times last season!
Highlights from today on offish on 22:17 - Aug 23 with 1220 viewsstainrods_elbow

Highlights from today on offish on 09:56 - Aug 23 by E17hoop

I thought Thomas was good - I think he'll become the hero next season. Both work rate and positioning were spot on but not sure where he fits in the team.

I think you've answered your own question, havent you?

Good to see Smyth back in the fold - I think we'll need him this season, and would be fairly bummed if he didn't finally get a proper crack of the whip.

Who actuallly manages our pre-season programme in terms of the opposition? (Does anyone?)

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Highlights from today on offish on 23:00 - Aug 23 with 1173 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Highlights from today on offish on 17:06 - Aug 23 by PinnerPaul

He's done that 'Must have been a foul, look how injured I am' routine loads of times last season!

Yes he does that quite a bit. I guess he decided first pre-season friendly won't matter if I stay down a bit longer.

I didn't see the match live stream but on the short highlights clip I must admit I thought he looked really classy.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2020 23:00]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Highlights from today on offish on 23:13 - Aug 23 with 1141 viewsBoston

Highlights from today on offish on 13:07 - Aug 23 by kensalriser

The Samaritans can be reached on 116 123.

Were they sympathetic?
[Post edited 23 Aug 2020 23:14]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Highlights from today on offish on 08:21 - Aug 24 with 1023 viewsLoftgirl

Highlights from today on offish on 13:24 - Aug 23 by TacticalR

And I was thinking to myself
This could be Heaven or this could be Hell

The Eagles, Hotel California

Looks like freedom but it feels like death
It's something in between, I guess.
Highlights from today on offish on 08:29 - Aug 24 with 1017 viewsLoftgirl

Highlights from today on offish on 13:07 - Aug 23 by kensalriser

The Samaritans can be reached on 116 123.

They hung up on me.
Login to get fewer ads

Highlights from today on offish on 16:10 - Aug 24 with 850 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Highlights from today on offish on 23:00 - Aug 23 by CliveWilsonSaid

Yes he does that quite a bit. I guess he decided first pre-season friendly won't matter if I stay down a bit longer.

I didn't see the match live stream but on the short highlights clip I must admit I thought he looked really classy.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2020 23:00]

I must confess to being confused and a bit angry that Manning is not included in the ROI squad for the upcoming friendlies before the serious business starts.I was sure the new Manager Kenny would pick him having managed him before underage .Instead he went with the usual pretenders and casually mentioned some 100 year old players (Whelan )could be recalled that was enough to ruin my breakfast.
Is he not good enough or just waiting to be sold and held out or has any of our Irish posters the inside scoop if there is any .Thanks .
I was hoping SK would rip up the blueprint and start over its not been working for years so its time for the dynamite and push the button IMO
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024