Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Amos 18:35 - Sep 12 with 2854 viewsPhildo

Well played son
Amos on 18:38 - Sep 12 with 2822 viewsenfieldargh

Best performance I've seen from him.

Well done keep it up

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Amos on 18:53 - Sep 12 with 2725 viewsLblock

I missed the first 40 minutes of the game.... did he run the show in that period?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Amos on 18:53 - Sep 12 with 2731 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Amos on 18:38 - Sep 12 by enfieldargh

Best performance I've seen from him.

Well done keep it up

Carroll too.
Amos on 18:59 - Sep 12 with 2676 viewsDubaiR

Everyone was superb today not one player played badly. I was critical of Amos pre season but credit where due was good today. Credit to Lumley as well claimed well
Amos on 19:09 - Sep 12 with 2632 viewsqprd

Amos on 18:53 - Sep 12 by Lblock

I missed the first 40 minutes of the game.... did he run the show in that period?

Definitely didnt run the show, but had one of his best performances as a ranger

lots of forward intent....played a nice ball to bright on the right very early... played a sublime one touch pass off a 30+ yard barbet long ball to chair in what was the beginning of prob the best move of the match (think it ended with dykes just failing to get on the end of a low cross).... then in second half, played a through ball to bright after a 1-2 sequence... a far cry from his days of timid backwards and sideways passing

its worth noting that he played more forward balls than i can ever recall him playing last season... perhaps the freedom of playing higher up the pitch has encouraged him to play more passes forward (as the consequences of giving it away are way less than they would be if he was playing super deep as he did last season)... without looking at the passing stats, id venture to say he played half the passes he normally would play last year (last years sheff weds debacle comes to mind)... but unlike last year, many of them actually were useful....

perhaps most encouraging, he was also was way more active off the ball... still have yet to see him slide tackle, but he got stuck into a lot of 50s/50s and was generally pretty useful in defense

not sure what his best position is, but considering he basically he played his first match in this hybrid 10/CM role, he did really really well..
Amos on 19:35 - Sep 12 with 2480 viewsjoolsyp

Amos on 18:53 - Sep 12 by Lblock

He's not a "running the show" kind of player though is he? He covered an enormous amount of ground, pressed high up the pitch, put in some good tackles and made some tidy passes. In Holloway's words a "piano carrier."

A really solid 7 or 7.5/10 for me.
Amos on 21:49 - Sep 12 with 2148 viewsdavman

Amos on 19:35 - Sep 12 by joolsyp

He's not a "running the show" kind of player though is he? He covered an enormous amount of ground, pressed high up the pitch, put in some good tackles and made some tidy passes. In Holloway's words a "piano carrier."

A really solid 7 or 7.5/10 for me.

This.

Been critical of him during lockdown, but he did well today. Only fell over once, which is a little unusual.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Amos on 21:51 - Sep 12 with 2137 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Amos on 21:49 - Sep 12 by davman

This.

Been critical of him during lockdown, but he did well today. Only fell over once, which is a little unusual.

So close, soo close to a compliment.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Amos on 23:09 - Sep 12 with 1921 viewsdavman

Amos on 21:51 - Sep 12 by BrianMcCarthy

So close, soo close to a compliment.

... because his performance was so close soooo close th deserving one!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Amos on 00:38 - Sep 13 with 1764 viewstonyQPR

Amos on 21:49 - Sep 12 by davman

This.

Immense today fwiw in my opinion does all the unseen work better than anyone else we have,I’ve played at a very high level ( not xbox fifa) can see outside the bells and whistles, will leave Rangers for x10 what we paid for him.
Amos on 01:51 - Sep 13 with 1681 viewstimcocking

Yes, he was really good defensively. I'm not sure how creative he is, but that was a good performance, well done Luke. Well done everybody.
Amos on 11:58 - Sep 13 with 1347 viewsWadR

There were some deft touches in the first half but generally thought he looked a bit uncertain positionally when we were in possession. Not a huge amount of chemistry with Dykes or anticipation of where to be, which left Dykes a little isolated. But that's understandable as he's relatively new to the position.

Thought he was superb out of possession, especially in the 2nd half - tireless pressing all game. Lots of really intelligent selfless running that forced Forest into hopeful diags and didn't allow them to pass through our midfield regularly. Think he was a key part in why Freeman seldom got the ball to feet.

He won plenty of 50/50s and iirc, was the one who won the ball high up the pitch twice in the second half but we then made a hash of the 3 on 2s.
Amos on 12:40 - Sep 13 with 1258 viewsNorthantsHoop

Confidence gained by being signed on a perm deal. I like his attitude. He can only get better.
Amos on 13:29 - Sep 13 with 1170 viewsgazza1

Amos is good enough for the current Rangers squad/team......
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024