Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just a thought 11:53 - Sep 27 with 2561 viewspaulhoop2

Was thinking about this for a while whilst reading about clubs struggling money wise during behind closed doors. Why don’t they move the games to the training grounds that way they won’t have to pay stewarding costs or other costs from using an empty ground. Makes sense to me.

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Just a thought on 12:03 - Sep 27 with 2520 viewsbosh67

It's a good idea. I think the pushback on that is TV money perhaps? They want to at least show matches staged at stadiums. But your concept makes sense financially.

Personally I would stage matches in supermarket car parks. That way you could see some of the game and panic buy toilet rolls at the same time.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Just a thought on 12:06 - Sep 27 with 2510 viewskensalriser

Why would you incur stewarding costs at an empty ground?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Just a thought on 12:10 - Sep 27 with 2496 viewsstevec

they’ll be needing floodlighting about 4 weeks from now.
Just a thought on 12:46 - Sep 27 with 2445 viewsMatch82

Just a thought on 12:03 - Sep 27 by bosh67

It's a good idea. I think the pushback on that is TV money perhaps? They want to at least show matches staged at stadiums. But your concept makes sense financially.

Personally I would stage matches in supermarket car parks. That way you could see some of the game and panic buy toilet rolls at the same time.

Plus stadium sponsorship deals (advertising hoardings etc)
Just a thought on 13:05 - Sep 27 with 2387 viewsterryb

Just a thought on 12:10 - Sep 27 by stevec

Not if they kick off early & finish the match before the floodlights are required.

This would reduce availability for income from streams for midweek games, but I would definitely bring weekend kick offs forward.

How much can be saved by not using the lights I have no idea, but it must be a consideration. Whether this would be allowable by Sky might be another matter!

[Post edited 27 Sep 2020 13:08]
Just a thought on 13:22 - Sep 27 with 2354 viewspaulhoop2

Stewarding is still factored in according to lee Hoos and others. They are there when watching the feeds too. I suppose it’s because exit gates will need manning as there will be people inside still incase of emergencies etc. Plus to see the away team coach in too. Then to be there incase of supporters turning up etc. There will be a cost to that all. Yes training grounds I think
Would be a great idea with regards to the sky issue maybe those type of games could be played at stadiums to increase the sponsorship issue. I think it’s worth a shout for clubs especially the smaller ones down the pyramid to consider

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Just a thought on 17:27 - Sep 27 with 2199 viewsthemodfather

why didn't the EFL create a north / south league to save long treks/ coach trips and keep costs down?
Just a thought on 17:50 - Sep 27 with 2140 viewsessextaxiboy

Commercial partners have their images all around the ground as well on the LED boards, those that have bought naming rights of the stadiums themselves will expect to see and hear it in match reports.
Login to get fewer ads

Just a thought on 17:53 - Sep 27 with 2126 viewsMalintabuk

Just a thought on 12:10 - Sep 27 by stevec

We could turn up and drive our cars upto the touch lines and leave the headlights on..... make a real atmosphere
And judging by yesterday's camera standard I could dig out my old Sanyo cam corder.....
Half time oranges..... BOS out on the wing having a fag and Dykes throwing up behind the goal after a dodgy curry and a few pints.... oppo manager running the line and get all the players mum and dads there hurling abuse/encouragement and finally having a ruck because little Ilias was kicked
Sky would love itc
Just a thought on 21:23 - Sep 27 with 1905 viewsslmrstid

I live near Leicester's ground and all games so far the outside is teeming with stewards.

Not really sure what they're all doing but there's obviously costs involved for the club.
Just a thought on 21:38 - Sep 27 with 1871 viewsessextaxiboy

Just a thought on 21:23 - Sep 27 by slmrstid

I live near Leicester's ground and all games so far the outside is teeming with stewards.

Not really sure what they're all doing but there's obviously costs involved for the club.

Its probably all contractual .They may have signed with someone like Goldrange for a few seasons for every . game . No one saw this coming . The stewards are on minimum wage . Prem clubs can afford to honour the contract .
Just a thought on 22:40 - Sep 27 with 1787 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Just a thought on 12:06 - Sep 27 by kensalriser

Why would you incur stewarding costs at an empty ground?

Fire exits?

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Just a thought on 03:32 - Sep 30 with 1461 viewsCanadaRanger

Just a thought on 22:40 - Sep 27 by CliveWilsonSaid

Fire exits?

To make sure the other Stewards don't get rowdy? :)
Just a thought on 13:24 - Sep 30 with 1137 viewsLazyFan

Just a thought on 17:27 - Sep 27 by themodfather

why didn't the EFL create a north / south league to save long treks/ coach trips and keep costs down?

I suspect this is what they may do to avoid another collapse when the virus starts hitting hard again.

What it may do though, which the EFL won't realise is force the stable Champ clubs to go "right you have made a mess of it all with FFP so, we are off to Prem 2 now. So, long and thanks for all the fish".

zzzzzzzzzz

Just a thought on 13:41 - Sep 30 with 1116 viewsterryb

Just a thought on 13:24 - Sep 30 by LazyFan

I suspect this is what they may do to avoid another collapse when the virus starts hitting hard again.

What it may do though, which the EFL won't realise is force the stable Champ clubs to go "right you have made a mess of it all with FFP so, we are off to Prem 2 now. So, long and thanks for all the fish".

A North/South divide really doesn't save much expenditure for the clubs.

For instance Plymouth would be better off travelling up the M5/M6 to the north west rather than going to the east of London. I know from persoanal experience that from Ipswich I would be in Sunderland hours before reaching Plymouth.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024