Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme 12:55 - Oct 8 with 6387 viewsNorthernr

Been asked to do one of these for the programme at Bournemouth next week. Collabroative effort? Because I'm sure there's some I've forgotten. Have fun...

BEST match

WORST moment

BEST goal

WORST tackle

BEST cup run

WORST cup upset

BEST manager

WORST kit

BEST cult hero

WORST haircut
QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 01:31 - Oct 9 with 1253 viewssuperhoopdownunder

BEST match: 5-5 Newcastle in 1984 or for a win 4-1 against Spurs in 1992 (brilliant second half performance)
WORST moment: Liverpool beating Wolves so we did not win the league in 1976 and losing the FA Cup Final replay in 1982 even though we were the better team
BEST goal: Roy Wegerle at Leeds in 1990
WORST tackle: Gavin Maguire on Danny Thomas in 1988
BEST cup run: 1982 - although I did also enjoy the 1990 cup run when we beat a high quality Arsenal team in the pouring rain at Loftus Road and Blackpool in the second replay before losing in Quarter Finals to Liverpool in a replay
WORST cup upset: Vauxhall Motors in 2002
BEST manager: Terry Venables (1980 to 1984) He won nearly half the games whilst manager (90 wins out of 184 games) - Terrific manager. We were near the bottom of the (now Championship) when he took over from Tommy Docherty and we finished 5th in top division when he left us for Barcelona
WORST kit: Nike Air Asia Kit (2014-15)
BEST cult hero: Bob Hazell / Dan Shittu / Steve Wicks
WORST haircut: Marc Bircham
[Post edited 9 Oct 2020 1:35]
QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 09:58 - Oct 9 with 1151 viewsfrancisbowles

Best match: 5-2 H to Birmingham 1970, my first game.

Worst Moment: 77th minute of Wolves v Liverpool 1976

Best goal: Michael Robinson from the half way line against them.

Worst tackle: One Martin Rowlands did on the half way line, by the dugout. Two feet
off the ground launched from several feet. Can't remember the details
but not even a foul, I think, certainly no card.

Best Cup Run: 1976-77 Eufa Cup QF lost on pens and League Cup SF lost in a replay.

Worst cup upset: Losing in the EFL trophy to Southend, thought our name was on it.

Worst kit: The orange thing from the 90s

Best manager: Venables just shades it, three seasons, cup final replay, 2nd Division
Champions by a big margin and 5th in the First Division

Best cult hero: Danny Shittu

Worst haircut: Darren Peacock
QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 10:44 - Oct 9 with 1137 viewsSK_hoops

BEST match - Play off final or beating Liverpool 3-2

WORST moment - When Man U scored against in the 97th minute to pretty much send us down.

BEST goal - Trevor Sinclair's bicycle kick

WORST cup upset - Vauxhall motors

BEST manager - Gerry Francis

WORST kit - That pink away kit

BEST cult hero - Wild thing

WORST haircut - Karl Ready circa merlin sticker album 95
QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 10:51 - Oct 9 with 1133 viewsgobbles

Stan shouldn't really be down as a cult hero, should he?

He's our greatest ever player and my personal hero, but not really a QPR cult hero. Someone like Gino would surely fit the bill better... or Bernie Ecclestone!
QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 10:58 - Oct 9 with 1126 viewsNorthernr

QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 10:51 - Oct 9 by gobbles

Stan shouldn't really be down as a cult hero, should he?

He's our greatest ever player and my personal hero, but not really a QPR cult hero. Someone like Gino would surely fit the bill better... or Bernie Ecclestone!

Devon White?
QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 11:01 - Oct 9 with 1119 viewshamptonhillhoop

I've done mine on games I've actually been at going back to my regular attendance, so late 70's early 80's:

BEST match - Chelsea 6-0. 16 years old, standing in the Paddock amongst some 'mature' Chelsea knuckleheads getting more and more furious as each goal went in

WORST moment - Getting relegated at Huddersfield away to a last minute breakaway goal. Got some lovely abuse outside from the locals, who were subsequently relegated by Palace a week later. Karma

BEST goal - Trevor, easily

WORST tackle - That bloke in the play off final on Junior Hoillet

BEST cup run 1990 FA Cup. Loads of games in a short period of time, felt like a mini season in itself

WORST cup upset - Vauxhall Motors

BEST manager - Terry Venables. No one is ever going to leave QPR for Barcelona again

WORST kit - That blue thing last year

BEST cult hero - Big Dan

WORST haircut - Gerry Francis, same haircut for 50 years
QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 11:52 - Oct 9 with 1107 viewspaulparker

QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 14:27 - Oct 8 by Mick_S

Happy days.

Picture not too clever, but what a video.

We were unlucky to be 2-0 down as were all over them before they scored
Connolly was sent off for them and we just went up a gear , the whole stadium believed we would get back into it , I seem to recall pressman pulling a world class save before we made it 3-2
Keown made his debut for them and Shittu was making his comeback for us after injury

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 11:53 - Oct 9 with 1108 viewsNorthernr

QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 11:52 - Oct 9 by paulparker

We were unlucky to be 2-0 down as were all over them before they scored
Connolly was sent off for them and we just went up a gear , the whole stadium believed we would get back into it , I seem to recall pressman pulling a world class save before we made it 3-2
Keown made his debut for them and Shittu was making his comeback for us after injury

The thing I remember about that game is after Connolly got sent off, Micky Adams took Dion Dublin out of the defence and stuck him up front to try and hold the ball up. Killed them. Furs had a field day after that.
Login to get fewer ads

QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 11:59 - Oct 9 with 1092 viewspaulparker

Best match
QPR 4 Spurs 1, 1992 , that second half we tore them a new one , Wilkins was pure class that day

Worst moment , losing to Huddersfield and dropping into league one

Best Goal wegerle at Leeds

Worst tackle Garry waddock going in hard against sheff wed in 85 , that was the end of his Rangers career

Best cup run 86 milk cup apart from the final

Worst cup upset Vauxhall motors

Best Manager EL Tel , we would of won the league if he had stayed

Best cult hero Shittu, he got the club from day one

Worst haircut Mike fillerys poodle perm

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 14:20 - Oct 9 with 1042 viewsTomS

QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 11:53 - Oct 9 by Northernr

The thing I remember about that game is after Connolly got sent off, Micky Adams took Dion Dublin out of the defence and stuck him up front to try and hold the ball up. Killed them. Furs had a field day after that.

That's my recollection too. Everyone saw that Dublin was in his element alongside Keown at the centre of their defence in the first half. After the switch was made the Leicester fans started singing "you don't know what you're doing" to their manager. The rest is a very fondly remembered win for the hoops.
QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 16:09 - Oct 9 with 997 viewsloftboy

QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 11:53 - Oct 9 by Northernr

Furlong and a down had quite a it scrap in that, both could have been sent off with a harsher ref,at the end they shook hands, hugged and swapped shirts.
Mickey Adams was the Leicester boss and indeed dropped a huge Bollock in moving Dion up front.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024