Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme 12:55 - Oct 8 with 6385 viewsNorthernr

Been asked to do one of these for the programme at Bournemouth next week. Collabroative effort? Because I'm sure there's some I've forgotten. Have fun...

BEST match

WORST moment

BEST goal

WORST tackle

BEST cup run

WORST cup upset

BEST manager

WORST kit

BEST cult hero

WORST haircut
QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 15:09 - Oct 8 with 975 viewsPinnerPaul

QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 14:46 - Oct 8 by Rs_Holy

them were the days!

I was just thinking this when Mrs Pinner says "Doesn't the crowd sound loud"

One day hopefully.......................................
QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 15:11 - Oct 8 with 959 viewsMick_S

QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 15:09 - Oct 8 by PinnerPaul

I was just thinking this when Mrs Pinner says "Doesn't the crowd sound loud"

One day hopefully.......................................

Yep.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 15:25 - Oct 8 with 948 viewsderbyhoop

BEST match - League Cup Final 1967

WORST moment - getting relegated in 1996 just as the TV money started to roll

BEST goal - Gerry Francis vs Liverpool 1975/76. I tried to reproduce the 1-2 on Gunnersbury Park playing for Old Actonians. Put the shot 6 inches wide and 60 yards up the pitch behind

WORST tackle - anything by Samba DIAKITE (and he was one of our own)

BEST cup run - League Cup Final 1967. Just behind the goal when Les Allen chipped the Gordon Banks and it bounced off the bar and in off Banks' chest, We won 4-2

WORST cup upset - too many to mention, but the car company takes the biscuit

BEST manager - Dave Sexton

WORST kit - the recent mint green and lurid pink take some beating

BEST cult hero - Bowles obviously

WORST haircut - Gerry Francis' mullet, closely followed by Terry Mancini's syrup for the last game of the season 1976

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 15:25 - Oct 8 with 959 viewsstevec

QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 13:53 - Oct 8 by Northernr

Gavin Maguire v Danny Thomas up there for the tackle surely?

That or the one on Martyn Busby.
QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 15:29 - Oct 8 with 948 viewsterryb

QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 15:25 - Oct 8 by stevec

That or the one on Martyn Busby.

I'm just about to edit my choice.

I would thank you steve for remindimg me, but there was nothing in that "challenge" to give any praise for.
QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 15:46 - Oct 8 with 922 viewsPinnerPaul

QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 14:37 - Oct 8 by terryb

BEST match - Home to Liverpool August 1975

WORST moment - Away to Norwich Easter Saturday 1976

BEST goal - Keith bradbury og at Villa May 1968 to gain promotion to the top division for the first time.

WORST tackle - Went on Martyn Busby away to Fulham 1972

BEST cup run - League Cup 1966/67

WORST cup upset - Away to peterborough League Cup 1968

BEST manager - Gordon Jago

WORST kit

BEST cult hero - Ale Faurlin

WORST haircut - Darren peacock
[Post edited 8 Oct 2020 15:30]

I was at the Fulham game - Martyn Busby's leg was bent between knee and ankle - my dad had to take me out as I felt sick! I was 11.

Busby was never the same player after that btw.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2020 15:48]
QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 16:07 - Oct 8 with 891 viewsted_hendrix

Can't really add much to what's already been written but Sinclair's goal was stunning but closely followed by Roy Wegerle's goal at Leeds.

Surprised that there's no best save, that surely would have to go to Simon Royce's save in the semi final against Oldham as the game was coming to a finish, 1-0 up and the Oldham player hit the ball and it was going straight into the corner of the net, you could hear Women screaming as Royce dived to his left and managed to keep it out.
In all my decades of watching this club I've never before or since heard a noise like it in the Loft when he made that save, not only was it a great save but it was truly an OMG moment.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 16:08 - Oct 8 with 890 viewsNoelmc

BEST match - QPR 5 Newcastle 5

WORST moment - Last 14 minutes of Wolves v Liverpool 1976

BEST goal - Tricky Trev

WORST tackle - Maguire on Thomas

BEST cup run - 1982

WORST cup upset - Losing 2-0 at home to Leicester in 1974. We had a very strong team at the time and I fully expected us to beat them and go on to win the FA Cup.

BEST manager - Sexton

WORST kit - Nike Air Asia

BEST cult hero - Stan Bowles

WORST haircut - Terry Mancini
Login to get fewer ads

QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 16:13 - Oct 8 with 883 viewsMetallica_Hoop

QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 14:18 - Oct 8 by NW5Hoop

Much as I love Taarabt v Swansea, I can't see how any goal can compete with Sinclair, which I maintain is the best goal ever scored in the British Isles.

Actually you are right. I forgot about it!

Ferdinand's rhhhasper from 30 yards against the best keeper in the world Mr Schmeichel was a peach too. I knew that was in the moment it left his foot.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2020 16:14]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 16:30 - Oct 8 with 844 viewsMrSheen

QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 16:07 - Oct 8 by ted_hendrix

Can't really add much to what's already been written but Sinclair's goal was stunning but closely followed by Roy Wegerle's goal at Leeds.

Surprised that there's no best save, that surely would have to go to Simon Royce's save in the semi final against Oldham as the game was coming to a finish, 1-0 up and the Oldham player hit the ball and it was going straight into the corner of the net, you could hear Women screaming as Royce dived to his left and managed to keep it out.
In all my decades of watching this club I've never before or since heard a noise like it in the Loft when he made that save, not only was it a great save but it was truly an OMG moment.

Fitz Hall, wasn't it? Might even have taken a deflection. That night will do as my favourite match, too.

I have a dim memory of Paul Jones blocking a tap-in at the Loft End in the last minute of a game against Notts County, that I couldn't believe hadn't gone in.

I saw the Trev goal, but for pure wooooooaaaaaargh in a big game, not even Zamora beats David Pizanti. I'm sure Zesh Rehman must have won worst tackle, but it would be unfair to single out any one.
QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 16:42 - Oct 8 with 837 viewsW7Ranger

QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 15:46 - Oct 8 by PinnerPaul

I was at the Fulham game - Martyn Busby's leg was bent between knee and ankle - my dad had to take me out as I felt sick! I was 11.

Busby was never the same player after that btw.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2020 15:48]

"Martyn Busby's leg was bent between knee and ankle"

[Post edited 8 Oct 2020 16:43]
QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 16:45 - Oct 8 with 826 viewsW7Ranger

QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 16:07 - Oct 8 by ted_hendrix

That was Chris Day who made that save. Unbelievable reflexes/reaction to change direction mid dive as it had taken a deflection.
QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 16:51 - Oct 8 with 823 viewsJJB

BEST match - Utd away on NYD. 1-4.

WORST moment - Losing to cardiff in the PO final.

BEST goal - Roy at Leeds

WORST tackle - Terry Fenwick playing for England against Maradona

BEST cup run - I dont understand this question, what is a "cup run"?

WORST cup upset - That team in 86 in that game that never actually happened.

BEST manager - Alec Stock ( If you know your history its enuff..)

WORST kit - That Orange thing in the 90's.

BEST cult hero - Big Dom Orfa

WORST haircut - Jim Smith.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2020 16:56]

Remember The White City Fighting?
Poll: Would you like to see the return of Mr Warnock?

QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 16:58 - Oct 8 with 808 viewsted_hendrix

QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 16:45 - Oct 8 by W7Ranger

That was Chris Day who made that save. Unbelievable reflexes/reaction to change direction mid dive as it had taken a deflection.

Chris Day, of course it was------age is getting the better of me and my memory, It's a save I'll never ever forget though.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 16:59 - Oct 8 with 806 viewsAd99

BEST goal: Also the Allen triple drag-back and extra cred for the celebration ('I've just scored the most normal goal in the world)
QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 17:44 - Oct 8 with 782 viewsqpr_1968

BEST match.....qpr 5-5 newcastle.
WORST moment....liverpool beating wolves, 1975/76
BEST goal.....trevor sinclair against barnsley.
WORST tackle.....martyn busby leg break at fulham, early 70's
BEST cup run....fa cup 81/82 tottenham at wembley
WORST cup upset.....forget all the vauxhall motors etc, it has to be against oxford at wembley 1986.
BEST manager......gordon jago for me, dave sexton a very close second.
WORST kit.....cant remember what year, but the very skinny hoops, might of been 2014, not sure.
BEST cult hero....david bardsley
WORST haircut......terry mancini without the syrup.

hope this is just qpr

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 17:52 - Oct 8 with 771 viewsPinnerPaul

QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 16:30 - Oct 8 by MrSheen

Fitz Hall, wasn't it? Might even have taken a deflection. That night will do as my favourite match, too.

I have a dim memory of Paul Jones blocking a tap-in at the Loft End in the last minute of a game against Notts County, that I couldn't believe hadn't gone in.

I saw the Trev goal, but for pure wooooooaaaaaargh in a big game, not even Zamora beats David Pizanti. I'm sure Zesh Rehman must have won worst tackle, but it would be unfair to single out any one.

I thought that was Chris Day to his right???????????? or have I got that totally wrong?!
[Post edited 8 Oct 2020 17:53]
QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 18:46 - Oct 8 with 731 viewsCamberleyR

BEST match - The NYD massacre

WORST moment - Norwich away 1976. Going into it, just three more wins and we were champions...

BEST goal - Trev's overhead

WORST tackle - Maguire

BEST cup run - 1985/86 Milk Cup. Some superb results in that, away at Watford, away at the cesspit and beating eventual double winners Liverpool. From the 3rd round onwards all first division teams beaten along the way as well.

WORST cup upset - That match at Wembley in 1986 that never happened

BEST manager - Terry Venables

WORST kit - Any of the monstrosities Nike foisted on us

BEST cult hero - Bob Hazell

WORST haircut - Gino or the mullet of Gerry
[Post edited 9 Oct 2020 13:24]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 18:58 - Oct 8 with 708 viewsMrSheen

Cult Hero - assuming Jamie Pollock, Chris Carr and whoever was in goal for Palace are disqualified, Lee Cook. I wonder how often he thinks about that quarter of a million.
QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 19:02 - Oct 8 with 718 viewsEsox_Lucius

BEST match Aston Villa 1 - QPR 2 to get us promoted into the First Division for the first time.

WORST moment QPR 1 - Fakes 3 in the SIMOD cup.

BEST goal Trevor Sinclair overhead kick.

WORST tackle Gavin Maguire on Danny Thomas.

BEST cup run 1966-67

WORST cup upset Vauxhall Motors

BEST manager Terry Venables

WORST kit Air Asia French Onion sellers shirt.

BEST cult hero Adel Taarabt

WORST haircut Gerry Francis

The grass is always greener.

QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 19:55 - Oct 8 with 681 viewsJuzzie

BEST match - soooo many but it has to be the 2014 play off final. Not because of the quality of football, because there wasn’t any, but for THAT moment.

WORST moment - Cantona’s 115th minute equaliser

BEST goal - Sinclair overhead v Barnsley

WORST tackle - Gavin Maguire on Danny Thomas. Even in the away end we knew it was bad, really bad

BEST cup run 1986 Milk Cup. Those games at Chelsea and Liverpool

WORST cup upset - Vauxhall Motors

BEST manager - Terry Venables. What could have been had he stayed at least one more season.

WORST kit - Nike. Appalling for such a big company. Utterly appalling.

BEST cult hero - Alan McDonald

WORST haircut - Terry Mancini
[Post edited 8 Oct 2020 20:04]
QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 20:04 - Oct 8 with 671 viewsThe_Beast1976

QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 13:09 - Oct 8 by Airtomoreira

Surely the worst moment has to be Norwich 1976 - Oxford 1986 is just a minor irritation by comparison?

Why is Oxford 1986 an irritation at all? We won 3-1 on New Year's Day. Nothing irritating about that. It was my first visit to LR that day too
QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme (n/t) on 20:25 - Oct 8 with 646 viewsrsocks

[Post edited 8 Oct 2020 20:42]
QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 20:41 - Oct 8 with 627 viewsrsocks

BEST match Derby away 1975-76

WORST moment May 4th 1976 without a doubt.

BEST goal Taraabt v Swansea 2010

WORST tackle Frank Lampard 1976 WHU away 76-77

BEST cup run 66-67

WORST cup upset Oxford 86 LC Final

BEST manager Difficult one between Stock, Jago, Sexton, Venables and Warnock. I’ll go for Stock just.

WORST kit Too many to list

BEST cult hero has to be Stan Bowles

WORST haircut Rachid Harkouk
[Post edited 8 Oct 2020 20:46]
QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 22:43 - Oct 8 with 567 viewsqprxtc

QPR 6 Kings road shite 0

Partisan Belgrade away

Wegerle Leeds away

Paul Went on Martin Busby

V. Motors

Alec Stock

That orange 1990 crap away one

David Bardsley

Rachid Harkouk
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024