Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Old boys 21:42 - Oct 17 with 4037 viewsGloryHunter

Hall not in the squad for Boro. Manning not in the squad for Swans. Wells subbed off for Bristol C. (Hugill does score 95th min penalty for Norwich, granted).

By and large, I prefer the players we have now (Eze excepted). Discuss.

[Edit: Eze excepted - I was only thinking of the Championship]
[Post edited 17 Oct 2020 21:48]
Old boys on 21:42 - Oct 17 with 3534 viewsJuzzie

I only miss Eze
Old boys on 22:06 - Oct 17 with 3424 viewsMyke

I think being without a proven Championship striker is a bit of a loss for us at the moment as was evidenced today. Hopefully both Dykes and Bonne (or at least one of them) will develop into championship goalscorers, but they are not there yet. So either Wells or Hugill ( I know he missed plenty, but scored many for us and others at this level) are a bit of a miss at the moment - ironically at a time when we have tightened up at the back
Old boys on 22:08 - Oct 17 with 3414 viewsVancouverHoop

Freeman and Luongo played 90 minutes for Forest and Wednesday.

BTW, Eze aside, most (all?) of the starters we've let go in the past couple of seasons have ended up at other Championship sides. Are we just developing players for our competition?
Old boys on 22:33 - Oct 17 with 3319 viewsMyke

Old boys on 22:08 - Oct 17 by VancouverHoop

Freeman and Luongo played 90 minutes for Forest and Wednesday.

BTW, Eze aside, most (all?) of the starters we've let go in the past couple of seasons have ended up at other Championship sides. Are we just developing players for our competition?

To be fair, most have been sold to other Championship sides. I think Eze is the first genuine Prem players we have produced for a while. Smithies never got a look in, in the Prem (which surprised me tbh) and in all honesty Freeman was never prem level. Sheffield Utd tend to get it wrong with a fair few of their punts.
Old boys on 00:15 - Oct 18 with 3147 viewsBoston

I'd take Wells back in a heartbeat.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Old boys on 00:26 - Oct 18 with 3128 viewsVancouverHoop

Old boys on 22:33 - Oct 17 by Myke

To be fair, most have been sold to other Championship sides. I think Eze is the first genuine Prem players we have produced for a while. Smithies never got a look in, in the Prem (which surprised me tbh) and in all honesty Freeman was never prem level. Sheffield Utd tend to get it wrong with a fair few of their punts.

Yes, I'm sure it's not intentional and I don't blame the club, it's probably inevitable. But it does mean, though we've made a bit of money on most of these players, we've also groomed them for our competitors. Smithies, Freeman, Luongo, Manning, Bidwell, Hall and Cousins, likely most, if not all, will all be playing against us this season. I wonder if the relatively small amount we made on them was worth it?
[Post edited 18 Oct 2020 0:37]
Old boys on 00:59 - Oct 18 with 3059 viewskensalriser

Seems like the message hasn't really fully landed yet. We're towards the bottom of the division in terms of playing budget and we couldn't afford to keep these players whether we wanted to or not.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Old boys on 01:03 - Oct 18 with 3056 viewsVancouverHoop

Oh it's landed. It's just unfortunate that the players on board all landed back in our division.
Login to get fewer ads

Old boys on 01:43 - Oct 18 with 3011 viewstimcocking

I'm fervently hoping Grant Hall and Manning are never picked, traitors.
Old boys on 08:51 - Oct 18 with 2800 viewsMyke

Old boys on 01:43 - Oct 18 by timcocking

Actually the way the club treated Manning justifies Hall's actions completely. We have to accept that there is no loyalty on either side anymore. The clubs view the players as 'assets' and the players view the clubs as 'commodities'. Adomah may make all the right noises now, but if he was offered what we gave him five years ago,, even two years ago, he would have told us very politely what we could do with it
Old boys on 09:23 - Oct 18 with 2703 viewsbakerloo8

Old boys on 08:51 - Oct 18 by Myke

Actually the way the club treated Manning justifies Hall's actions completely. We have to accept that there is no loyalty on either side anymore. The clubs view the players as 'assets' and the players view the clubs as 'commodities'. Adomah may make all the right noises now, but if he was offered what we gave him five years ago,, even two years ago, he would have told us very politely what we could do with it

The way the club treated Manning?

Bloke didn't want to stay at QPR. Got his move. See you later.

This Manning had it tough line grates. What absolute garbage.
Old boys on 09:34 - Oct 18 with 2655 viewsflynnbo

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-boss-defends-decision-to-sell-ryan-manni
Old boys on 09:53 - Oct 18 with 2583 viewsDejR_vu

Old boys on 08:51 - Oct 18 by Myke

I think the club, by his own admission, treated Grant Hall very well with his various injuries and issues.

I fully appreciate footballers have short careers and need to make decisions to look after themselves. But, in Hall’s case, I think it’s debateable if he would have any sort of career whatsoever if he hadn’t been looked after so well by the club, let alone one at this level. From the outside looking in, admittedly, I think there was an opportunity there for a player to show a bit of loyalty to a club in a difficult situation but the decision was made to leave before we’d been able to complete our fixtures.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Old boys on 10:26 - Oct 18 with 2514 viewsfrancisbowles

To the op GloryHunter, if Manning had been in Swansea's match day squad they may have faced a points deduction as he wasn't eligible.
Old boys on 10:46 - Oct 18 with 2473 viewsE17hoop

Old boys on 09:23 - Oct 18 by bakerloo8

The way the club treated Manning?

Bloke didn't want to stay at QPR. Got his move. See you later.

This Manning had it tough line grates. What absolute garbage.

Agreed.

Contractor wants to extend contract on increased rate. Purchaser offers increased rate but not what contractor wants. To avoid contractual penalties and liabilities, purchaser decides not to use contractor unless the revised rates can be agreed.

And that's the purchasers fault?

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Old boys on 11:43 - Oct 18 with 2337 viewsDavieQPR

Grant Hall not in Boro squad because he is out injured. Bidwell is Swansea's best rated player this season so it's not going to be easy for him as he has not had many good games in midfield.
Old boys on 12:26 - Oct 18 with 2264 viewsMyke

Old boys on 11:43 - Oct 18 by DavieQPR

Grant Hall not in Boro squad because he is out injured. Bidwell is Swansea's best rated player this season so it's not going to be easy for him as he has not had many good games in midfield.

I think they will either play Manning in front of Bidwell or beside him as part of a 5
Old boys on 12:31 - Oct 18 with 2246 viewskensalriser

Old boys on 01:03 - Oct 18 by VancouverHoop

Oh it's landed. It's just unfortunate that the players on board all landed back in our division.

Where did you expect them to go? We've been a lower mid table Champ club since relegation.

After we were relegated from the Prem in 96 it turned out that quite a lot of the players on our books were barely good enough or not good enough at all for League football. For years it was very rare for us to manage to sell a player even to a club at our own level.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Old boys on 13:29 - Oct 18 with 2172 viewsLowerloftLad

grant hall injured shocker

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Old boys on 13:55 - Oct 18 with 2113 viewsbakerloo8

Old boys on 13:29 - Oct 18 by LowerloftLad

grant hall injured shocker

Too true.

Personally I am very happy with our Centre Back options now than what they were say, 2 seasons ago. Dickie might end up being absolutely superb.
Old boys on 15:55 - Oct 18 with 1965 views2Thomas2Bowles

Old boys on 21:42 - Oct 17 by Juzzie

I only miss Eze

Unused sub today

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Old boys on 16:00 - Oct 18 with 1954 viewsplasmahoop

Yes eze unused sub, while Palace spend 70 minutes trying to defend aone nil. Then dunk in red card shocker. Dirty bstard
Old boys on 16:20 - Oct 18 with 1906 viewsactonman

Old boys on 01:43 - Oct 18 by timcocking

Agreed , hall is an ungreatfull bstard , captain that we looked after through a bad period in his career then fking downed tools leaving us in the sh!t

Manning as far as I know never downed tools but wanted out (fair enough) but imagine not wanting to Play for the rangers .... tw@t can fcuk off
Old boys on 16:56 - Oct 18 with 1847 viewsVancouverHoop

Old boys on 12:31 - Oct 18 by kensalriser

Where did you expect them to go? We've been a lower mid table Champ club since relegation.

After we were relegated from the Prem in 96 it turned out that quite a lot of the players on our books were barely good enough or not good enough at all for League football. For years it was very rare for us to manage to sell a player even to a club at our own level.

Oh I'm not at all surprised, English players rarely fly far from the nest. But there are alternatives, how many of those that left considered European clubs for instance? Sure BOS did, and it was both unusual and good to see even if it didn't work out, but most don't.
Old boys on 17:16 - Oct 18 with 1807 viewsstevec

Old boys on 16:00 - Oct 18 by plasmahoop

Yes eze unused sub, while Palace spend 70 minutes trying to defend aone nil. Then dunk in red card shocker. Dirty bstard

Not quite vintage Gareth Bale yet, but they’ve lost the two games Eze started and not lost the three he hasn’t.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024