Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Current Form 21:46 - Oct 21 with 5761 viewsLblock

Can anyone confirm that we are currently 6 wins from 26 games?
I'm sure that's a stat I've seen somewhere.

Maybe Ian Holloway or Schteeve McClaren can confirm it?

Love this club.
Oh sweet 16th spot, how we doth covet thee

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Current Form on 16:36 - Oct 22 with 573 viewssimmo

Current Form on 16:24 - Oct 22 by NewBee

"Do people understand what the 'low' part of buying low and selling high represents?"

Tbf, any team can 'buy low', but not every team can then 'sell high'.

You obviously got it bang-on with Eze and may do ok over BOS etc, but it takes more than one or two to establish a trend.

On top of which, you have to persuade the 'buy lows' to sign for you in the first place. That is, they need to be persuaded that the club they're joining is going places and will further develop them along the way.

And establishing that sort of reputation takes time, too.

We're buying low to try and sell high, or at least higher, but also because it's all we can afford anyway. The best you can do as a team limited by finance is to try and buy unproven players - either through age or playing in lower leagues - and coach them up to be more.

We're at a relatively early stage of our long term plan to be a club that attracts and can then retain the best Championship prospects, until then, we'll have good days, bad days and finish midtable.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Current Form on 16:38 - Oct 22 with 569 viewsichbinnaughty

Current Form on 15:32 - Oct 22 by BrianMcCarthy

I agree with all of that, PP.

I just also think PNE played the ref, the clock, the dark arts.
And we let them. We should have been in the ref's ear about their time-wasting and weren't.
Maybe it's not just inexperience. Maybe - as someone else posted - we're also a bit too nice.

We're a bit too crap.
That's what the data suggests (our record over the last 20 games or so).
Same old problems (crap defence) not being addressed.
Not brave enough often enough. A young team could be encouraged to be more fearless.

Having said that (and I know I've posted negative comments on here today), I do understand that we are a smaller club, finding our feet having got disproportionately shafted by the authorities with an excessive FFP penalty (while a quarter of the teams in the Championship contnue to somehow go unpunished in plain sight (Derby, Forest, Birmingham, Stoke, Middlesboro), cutting our cloth and getting our house back in order - so we're not going to be storming away.
I just dismay at a seemingly collective acceptance that this is the best we can be.
We CAN defend better.
We CAN be braver.
We CAN try our luck more.
We CAN assert ourselves more.
And get a fckn defensive coach in for gods sake.
Current Form on 16:42 - Oct 22 with 554 viewsfrancisbowles

Current Form on 16:38 - Oct 22 by ichbinnaughty

We're a bit too crap.
That's what the data suggests (our record over the last 20 games or so).
Same old problems (crap defence) not being addressed.
Not brave enough often enough. A young team could be encouraged to be more fearless.

Having said that (and I know I've posted negative comments on here today), I do understand that we are a smaller club, finding our feet having got disproportionately shafted by the authorities with an excessive FFP penalty (while a quarter of the teams in the Championship contnue to somehow go unpunished in plain sight (Derby, Forest, Birmingham, Stoke, Middlesboro), cutting our cloth and getting our house back in order - so we're not going to be storming away.
I just dismay at a seemingly collective acceptance that this is the best we can be.
We CAN defend better.
We CAN be braver.
We CAN try our luck more.
We CAN assert ourselves more.
And get a fckn defensive coach in for gods sake.

Our defending is better, we have tightened up on crosses and corners, which was our achilles heel. According to MW, JE & NB have been drilling the defence.

Unfortunately, Wallace had two awful challenges that he didn't need to make in a game where he was otherwise not too bad. Dickie made a few errors as well and was fortunate, not for the first time, not to give away a penalty for holding.
Current Form on 16:48 - Oct 22 with 544 viewssimmo

Current Form on 16:42 - Oct 22 by francisbowles

Our defending is better, we have tightened up on crosses and corners, which was our achilles heel. According to MW, JE & NB have been drilling the defence.

Unfortunately, Wallace had two awful challenges that he didn't need to make in a game where he was otherwise not too bad. Dickie made a few errors as well and was fortunate, not for the first time, not to give away a penalty for holding.

Fewest shots faced up to last night, maybe that still stands. No goals from open play in the last 2 games and even the Wednesday one was an OG. That's indicative of improved defending 'as a team', which is what Warbs is all about. It has meant that we've lost a little of the swashbuckle going forward, but I'm hopeful the balance will improve as we gel.

Dykes coming back will help, more games for Kakay, Dickie and Dieng too, they're relative babies when it comes to Championship football. I'm not settling, I'm just a bit more forgiving I think.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Current Form on 16:56 - Oct 22 with 536 viewsPinnerPaul

Current Form on 21:55 - Oct 21 by makaveli1882

We didn't have a shot on goal

on target, we had 6 shots and one hit the post, the others were nearer row z than the goal though!
Current Form on 17:01 - Oct 22 with 528 viewsPinnerPaul

Current Form on 13:37 - Oct 22 by Lblock

Ooooooooh vewy, vewy wooh'd!!!

There's some people on this thread who may be millennials and need counselling after such abuse.

I see nobody has answered my question about the current form and if that is a correct ratio? I may have to bother my lazy and uninformed arse to look it up.
Did think that with your encyclopaedic knowledge of the game, font like wisdom of players, tactics and progressive approach you'd be able to say if that was right or not.

No matter.

Onwards.

I think stats are right but mot sure you can call 26 games, the 1st of those must be 10 months ago now, 'current'

'Current' is this season, not great, but not the end of the world, but then every defeat on here IS of course, the end of the world.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024