Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Current Form 21:46 - Oct 21 with 5760 viewsLblock

Can anyone confirm that we are currently 6 wins from 26 games?
I'm sure that's a stat I've seen somewhere.

Maybe Ian Holloway or Schteeve McClaren can confirm it?

Love this club.
Oh sweet 16th spot, how we doth covet thee

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Current Form on 10:21 - Oct 22 with 1223 viewspaulparker

Current Form on 08:45 - Oct 22 by rsonist

Disgraceful thread, usual tossers.

Totally agree Warbuton has done an A+ job since being here , don’t listen to this lot they are not true QPR fans

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Current Form on 10:26 - Oct 22 with 1202 viewsBAWHoops

I'm not blaming Warburton, but last night I thought the squad looked very weak.

We've lost Rangel, Hall, Manning, Amos, Eze, Wells, Hugill from the squad and arguably all the replacements have a big question mark over their heads.

A quick look at last nights side and only really Barbet, BOS, Carroll and Chair are anything like established at this level.
All the other players are either developing or have seen better days.

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Current Form on 10:38 - Oct 22 with 1170 viewsichbinnaughty

I also want to say this:
Barbet is a massive fanny and nowhere near good enough.
Able to pull off the odd 50 yard diagonal ping; but cannot defend.
I don't like him, and I wish we'd got Flint or Hector in so he could be kept off the pitch. Fckn liability.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2020 10:41]
Current Form on 11:02 - Oct 22 with 1120 viewsFredManRave

Current Form on 22:20 - Oct 21 by essextaxiboy

Its a relatively new thing to accept it and work within it ,Our passing at times is really good to watch .As I have said the LB situation is a sht show ..Preston scored as many from open play as we did
Our first choice LB handed them the points .

I'm sorry but I'm not having that. The "LB situation is a shìt show" is a ridiculous statement. He's a long life fan who wears his blue and white heart on his sleeve and calls it how he sees it.
As for blaming him for "handing them the points" well I've heard it all now.

Taxi for Essex...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Current Form on 11:08 - Oct 22 with 1107 viewsFredManRave

Seriously?! Can you not see the irony of you posting on a thread of the "usual tossers" as you so disparaging call other posters with a different point of view as your own.

And as for disgraceful!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Current Form on 11:43 - Oct 22 with 1048 viewsdavman

Current Form on 09:32 - Oct 22 by daveB

Here we go again.

For me we are a side who at our best can challenge for the playoffs and at our worst could get relegated but will probably end up somewhere in the middle. Last night was crap and can't say I've been overly impressed so far this season but always think you have a good idea where you are after 10 games.

[Post edited 22 Oct 2020 10:02]

Its what has been said many times. If we get the energy levels right and press, press, press as well as moving the ball quickly, we look good. BUT when that press stops and the zip goes, we look crap.

What Ebs did so well for us last season was constant movement with and without the ball. He rarely just sat still and, in fact, his poorest games for us during lockdown was where he appeared to lose that zip in his play. Chair does that when he is on song too, but I didn't see much in evidence from anyone else after those first 15-20 minutes.

The team, collectively, stopped playing with that urgency and looked bereft of ideas as a result.

Really sad and concerning. Hope it was a blip...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Current Form on 12:22 - Oct 22 with 1015 viewssimmo

Some nonsense on here, people flagrantly ignoring the realities.

We're a very young team with lots of players at the early stages of development - especially at this level. There's a lot of talent amongst our squad and sometimes that will manifest into very good performances where things comes together, but consistency is tough and days like yesterday will happen as part of this process.

Do people understand what the 'low' part of buying low and selling high represents? It's growing pains, suck it up.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Current Form on 12:31 - Oct 22 with 999 viewsNorthernr

Current Form on 11:43 - Oct 22 by davman

Its what has been said many times. If we get the energy levels right and press, press, press as well as moving the ball quickly, we look good. BUT when that press stops and the zip goes, we look crap.

What Ebs did so well for us last season was constant movement with and without the ball. He rarely just sat still and, in fact, his poorest games for us during lockdown was where he appeared to lose that zip in his play. Chair does that when he is on song too, but I didn't see much in evidence from anyone else after those first 15-20 minutes.

The team, collectively, stopped playing with that urgency and looked bereft of ideas as a result.

Really sad and concerning. Hope it was a blip...

Nah Ebs was lazy Dav, remember.
Login to get fewer ads

Current Form on 12:52 - Oct 22 with 959 viewsMyke

Current Form on 12:31 - Oct 22 by Northernr

Nah Ebs was lazy Dav, remember.

Your prediction after the Bournemouth game was way too conservative Clive. You said we would have to lose BOTH games (or at least fail to win either ) before the knives came out for Warburton
Current Form on 12:56 - Oct 22 with 955 viewsR_from_afar

Current Form on 21:58 - Oct 21 by Lblock

Decent stuff?

I'd beg to differ - we are fits nd starts and all a bit Chanel 4 Blue Movie

Tight budget?

Is that a new thing? Maybe that's why we are investing in crocks then and letting good players go for £250k and not replacing them.

PNE didn't break a sweat tonight. They cruised through that game and were so PNE even PNE were jealous of how we were naively sucked in and spat out. We've won a game this season, one more than Wycombe I grant you, but even that was down to rank finishing by Lewis Grabban. The club is just an absolute malaise and despite most thinking we are heading in the right direction I just cannot see it, we absolutely screamm acceptance of under achievement and defeat.

We can only get what clubs are willing to pay for our players. If we had waited, Manning could've gone on a free later. He was defensively suspect and his form was patchy, so unless Warbs was going to play him in midfield, which seemed unlikely, he wouldn't have helped us much last night. In addition, it doesn't help morale if you have players around the place who clearly want to leave.

I totally agree that we were toothless but so were PNE to a large extent. It was just one game, too. We have not been great so far this season but we could've been worse.

Who are the crocks? Crocks played a pivotal role in getting us promoted under Warnock. The key is to have motivated, capable players, however old they are. Adomah was one of the oldest in blue and white yesterday and most on here say he was one of the (rare) high spots last night.

That was a poor performance last night but it's harsh to say that "the club is just an absolute malaise".

That said, I would've gladly swapped one of the attack-minded players we brought in during the window for a defensive midfielder but I think Warbs' way is to attack a lot, try to get a lead, then shore things up (!) rather than playing more conservatively from the off.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Current Form on 13:13 - Oct 22 with 922 viewsDavieQPR

I suppose my one mumble is we have FBs not WBs and still play with 2 DM and a defence minded No.10. Playing LTC or Chair out of position on the flanks when we have 3 more suitable players for that position sitting on the bench. We've gone from over attacking to ultra defensive.
Current Form on 13:37 - Oct 22 with 893 viewsLblock

Ooooooooh vewy, vewy wooh'd!!!

There's some people on this thread who may be millennials and need counselling after such abuse.

I see nobody has answered my question about the current form and if that is a correct ratio? I may have to bother my lazy and uninformed arse to look it up.
Did think that with your encyclopaedic knowledge of the game, font like wisdom of players, tactics and progressive approach you'd be able to say if that was right or not.

No matter.

Onwards.

Current Form on 13:40 - Oct 22 with 881 viewsSt_Pollock

Current Form on 21:51 - Oct 21 by essextaxiboy

The difference is we are playing some decent stuff and we are a team being built on a tight budget .

'Decent stuff' is subjective, the fact that Warburton has been given a war chest larger than any QPR manager for a number of years isn't.
Current Form on 13:41 - Oct 22 with 881 viewsTGRRRSSS

Our form isn't great but about what Is suspected - beware falling into the trap of thinking looking good to watch" is the same as playing well and getting results.

Many sides have gone down in the past few years in top 2 divisions especially depite looking good or being too good to go down.

If I was to be dispassionate I'd be looking at our odds for relegation.

Not an over reaction to last night, a genuine point, we've lost a lot of the key players from last season including 2 of whom weren't even our players at the time.
Current Form on 13:43 - Oct 22 with 875 viewsNortholt_Rs

That ‘performance’ was disgraceful. Truly.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Current Form on 13:44 - Oct 22 with 873 viewsLblock

Current Form on 13:41 - Oct 22 by TGRRRSSS

Our form isn't great but about what Is suspected - beware falling into the trap of thinking looking good to watch" is the same as playing well and getting results.

Many sides have gone down in the past few years in top 2 divisions especially depite looking good or being too good to go down.

If I was to be dispassionate I'd be looking at our odds for relegation.

Not an over reaction to last night, a genuine point, we've lost a lot of the key players from last season including 2 of whom weren't even our players at the time.

5/1 generally by the way.... in from 6's two weeks ago

Current Form on 13:47 - Oct 22 with 869 viewsManinBlack

Very insightful. I don't post that often on here because of responses like this.

I fail to see how this thread is disgraceful when it relates to current form so therefore it is relevant and I have made a point as to empty grounds seemingly not suiting us. Look at the results since football restarted.

Lost 1-0 home to Barnsley who avoided relegation with a stoppage time goal
Lost 1-0 away to Charlton who ended up relegated
Lost 2-1 home to Fulham
Won 1-0 away to Middlesbrough
Lost 1-0 away to Wigan relegated by points deducted
Lost 3-0 home to Sheffield Wednesday
Drew 1-1 away to Luton
Won 4-3 home to Millwall
Drew 2-2 away to WBA
Lost 3-2 away to Plymouth
Won 2-0 home to Forest
Lost 3-2 away to Coventry
Drew 1-1 home to Middlesbrough
Drew 1-1 away to Sheffield Wednesday
Drew 0-0 away to Bournemouth
Lost 2-0 home to Preston

So with only three wins in 16 games behind closed doors it does appear that it is having an adverse effect on us. We have only won once on our travels which bucks the trend in that away wins have increased since no fans in stadiums but we have not joined that party.

Preston have lost all three home games 1-0 yet won at Brentford and our place very comfortably.

I think people are rightly concerned about these set of results since we have been shut out and the loss of goal scorers and our main play maker. However, the rot set in as soon as football resumed even with Eze, Hughil and Manning in the team. People seem to have forgotten how awful we were against Wednesday at home.

I have never suggested we get rid of the manager but there is no doubt our team needs us back in the stands.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2020 13:50]
Current Form on 14:01 - Oct 22 with 831 viewsSt_Pollock

Do you know what makes message Boards flourish except for number of posters?

Discussion and debate.

Some people on here, and one or two instantly spring to mind (Cough *Brian* Cough), seem unable to accept anyone breaking away from the accepted mantras and 'gospels' and need to get a grip on themselves.

The only thing we all have in common is our desire to see 11 men wearing, normally , Blue and White Hoops do well. This ridiculous notion that we are, as the less than cool kids say on Twitter, a #QPRFamily (pass the sick bucket...) really does lead to some right weird people with little else than QPR in their lives becoming the QPR Taliban...

People will see things differently from you sometimes, accept it!

(Rant over)
Current Form on 14:46 - Oct 22 with 776 viewsRangersw12

Very poor last night but easily could of been a nil nil draw without gifting them two pens. I still think we haven't got used to behind closed doors for some reason

As for the defence we've been far more solid since Dieng has bene in goal and as a whole we've conceded lowest amount of shots in the league (before last night)

Recruitment has been decent IMO but proof is in the results and we need to get back to winning ways quickly before the usual bedwetters start bombarding every thread wanting the manager out
[Post edited 22 Oct 2020 14:47]
Current Form on 14:52 - Oct 22 with 755 viewsTheChef

Don't worry folks there's another game on Saturday, we go again.

Like 80 games left in the season, or something?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Current Form on 15:19 - Oct 22 with 735 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Current Form on 12:22 - Oct 22 by simmo

We're a very young team with lots of players at the early stages of development - especially at this level. There's a lot of talent amongst our squad and sometimes that will manifest into very good performances where things comes together, but consistency is tough and days like yesterday will happen as part of this process.

Do people understand what the 'low' part of buying low and selling high represents? It's growing pains, suck it up.

Good post, Simmo.

I would add that our players are inexperienced and PNE schooled us last night. That will happen from time to time.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Current Form on 15:21 - Oct 22 with 733 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Current Form on 13:13 - Oct 22 by DavieQPR

I suppose my one mumble is we have FBs not WBs and still play with 2 DM and a defence minded No.10. Playing LTC or Chair out of position on the flanks when we have 3 more suitable players for that position sitting on the bench. We've gone from over attacking to ultra defensive.

Ya, I couldn't understand Carroll being played on the wing. Maybe the other options aren't fit to play 90? That's the only thing I can think of...

Current Form on 15:24 - Oct 22 with 725 viewspaulparker

Current Form on 15:19 - Oct 22 by BrianMcCarthy

Good post, Simmo.

I would add that our players are inexperienced and PNE schooled us last night. That will happen from time to time.

I’m not buying to much into that
Our most experienced player was the one who gave away two penalties
It doesn’t excuse the fact we can’t pass a football or create a chance , another game like Coventry and like last year where we have given cheap goals away

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Current Form on 15:32 - Oct 22 with 712 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Current Form on 15:24 - Oct 22 by paulparker

I’m not buying to much into that
Our most experienced player was the one who gave away two penalties
It doesn’t excuse the fact we can’t pass a football or create a chance , another game like Coventry and like last year where we have given cheap goals away

I agree with all of that, PP.

I just also think PNE played the ref, the clock, the dark arts.
And we let them. We should have been in the ref's ear about their time-wasting and weren't.
Maybe it's not just inexperience. Maybe - as someone else posted - we're also a bit too nice.

Current Form on 16:24 - Oct 22 with 670 viewsNewBee

Current Form on 12:22 - Oct 22 by simmo

"Do people understand what the 'low' part of buying low and selling high represents?"

Tbf, any team can 'buy low', but not every team can then 'sell high'.

You obviously got it bang-on with Eze and may do ok over BOS etc, but it takes more than one or two to establish a trend.

On top of which, you have to persuade the 'buy lows' to sign for you in the first place. That is, they need to be persuaded that the club they're joining is going places and will further develop them along the way.

And establishing that sort of reputation takes time, too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024