Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jamie Reuben resigns as QPR director 21:12 - Oct 23 with 5310 viewsKodika

Does anyone have any info regarding this? Speculation in Newcastle that he left us to support a takeover bid for the Magpies. Apparently his resignation came out of the blue.
Jamie Reuben resigns as QPR director on 00:32 - Oct 24 with 5042 viewsBoston

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11678/12112670/qpr-director-jamie-rueben

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Jamie Reuben resigns as QPR director on 09:06 - Oct 24 with 4799 viewsDejR_vu

Described as a ‘Financier’ but also, coincidentally, the son of a property billionaire. I suspect he’s a Financier in the sense that Paris Hilton is a Hotelier.

QPR, rich men’s train set.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Jamie Reuben resigns as QPR director on 11:02 - Oct 24 with 4613 viewsBoston

Jamie Reuben resigns as QPR director on 09:06 - Oct 24 by DejR_vu

Described as a ‘Financier’ but also, coincidentally, the son of a property billionaire. I suspect he’s a Financier in the sense that Paris Hilton is a Hotelier.

Rather dismissive there squire, Paris rigorously checks every bed in that hotel chain, it’s a demanding position.

Jamie Reuben resigns as QPR director on 11:10 - Oct 24 with 4606 viewsRBlock

Jamie Reuben resigns as QPR director on 11:02 - Oct 24 by Boston

Rather dismissive there squire, Paris rigorously checks every bed in that hotel chain, it’s a demanding position.

And I'm sure she goes through a lot of different positions in the process.
Jamie Reuben resigns as QPR director on 11:47 - Oct 24 with 4534 viewsEsox_Lucius

He is also a property developer, and resigned with a view to joining the Newcastle United board in support of a takeover. A takeover which has already failed once as his father didn't pass the fit persons test IIRC and Jamie's experience on the QPR board may alter that.

The grass is always greener.

Jamie Reuben resigns as QPR director on 12:24 - Oct 24 with 4458 viewsStanisgod

Jamie Reuben resigns as QPR director on 09:06 - Oct 24 by DejR_vu

More like a car crash 😁

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Jamie Reuben resigns as QPR director on 12:35 - Oct 24 with 4431 viewsHayesender

I could have sworn this happened ages ago? 🤔

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Jamie Reuben resigns as QPR director on 13:23 - Oct 24 with 4333 viewsRangersDave

Mandella effect?

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Login to get fewer ads

Jamie Reuben resigns as QPR director on 13:44 - Oct 24 with 4289 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Jamie Reuben resigns as QPR director on 12:35 - Oct 24 by Hayesender

I could have sworn this happened ages ago? 🤔

Ya, me too.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Jamie Reuben resigns as QPR director on 13:21 - Feb 21 with 3303 viewsTacticalR

This thread is a few years old. I didn't register at the time exactly who Jamie Reuben was, but I came across this reference to the Reubens in Chapter 7 'Ground Control: Land Rents' in Brett Christophers' Rentier Capitalism - Who Owns the Economy, and Who Pays for It (2020):

'How much rent in total do the UK’s corporate land rentiers earn each year? It is impossible to say for sure, but a ballpark figure can be estimated. It is probably somewhere between £30 billion and £40 billion...Whatever the exact revenue number, corporate land rentierism in the UK is evidently a very good business to be in.'

'Needless to say, many individuals have become extremely wealthy by working for or owning equity in successful UK land-rentier institutions. We have already encountered one such individual: Jeff Fairburn, the Persimmon boss who pocketed a £75 million bonus (and eventually paid for it with his job on account of the negative publicity that this egregious award generated for the company). But similar stories, if not always with quite the same staggering numbers, can be told about individuals running all of the types of institutional rentiers I have examined in this book. The companies have done extravagantly well, and hence so too have those who have managed them and owned parts of them.

Yet land rentierism is, in important respects, different. Unlike in any other rentier sector, with the exception of financial rentierism (Chapter 1), individuals represent significant land rentiers in themselves. Sometimes they do so through a recognizable corporate entity. The best-known example of this is the Grosvenor Group, a property company I discussed earlier. The company is owned in its entirety by the Seventh Duke of Westminster, Hugh Richard Louis Grosvenor, and his family. The company is essentially a vehicle for the exercise of the family’s rentier interests. This makes it fundamentally different from a company like Persimmon, which may for several years have danced to Fairburn’s tune, but which is anything but a mere facsimile of individual or family wealth; his unceremonious exit, instigated by the institutional shareholders that own most of the company’s equity, demonstrated as much. Other major UK institutional land rentiers that represent vehicles of individual or family rentierism include Cadogan Estates (owned by Charles Gerald John Cadogan, the Eighth Earl Cadogan, and his family) and the Howard de Walden Estate (owned by the Howard de Walden family).

In other cases, meanwhile, individuals or families own substantial land empires more directly, without the trappings of a substantive corporate infrastructure. When the Sunday Times publishes its UK Rich List each year, these individuals are placed in the media spotlight — the list is packed with those whose personal wealth is held predominantly in land and its appurtenances. Interestingly, two of the highest on the list in recent years are pairs of brothers: the Reuben brothers, David and Simon, at number four on the 2018 list, estimated to be worth around £15 billion; and the Barclay twins, David and Frederick, at number fifteen, estimated to be worth £7.4 billion.'

'Where Piketty’s nineteenth-century rentiers earned rents primarily on agricultural land, the Reubens and Cadogans of the world have a more diversified asset base. While agricultural land is still often part of the overall portfolio (particularly, of course, for the aristocrats among the tribe), the major sources of land rents today for these high-net-worth individuals and families is commercial property: retail, offices and hotels. Residential property, meanwhile, is marginal, just as it is for the institutional land rentiers discussed earlier.'

Air hostess clique

Jamie Reuben resigns as QPR director on 14:49 - Feb 21 with 2702 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Jamie Reuben resigns as QPR director on 13:21 - Feb 21 by TacticalR

This thread is a few years old. I didn't register at the time exactly who Jamie Reuben was, but I came across this reference to the Reubens in Chapter 7 'Ground Control: Land Rents' in Brett Christophers' Rentier Capitalism - Who Owns the Economy, and Who Pays for It (2020):

'How much rent in total do the UK’s corporate land rentiers earn each year? It is impossible to say for sure, but a ballpark figure can be estimated. It is probably somewhere between £30 billion and £40 billion...Whatever the exact revenue number, corporate land rentierism in the UK is evidently a very good business to be in.'

'Needless to say, many individuals have become extremely wealthy by working for or owning equity in successful UK land-rentier institutions. We have already encountered one such individual: Jeff Fairburn, the Persimmon boss who pocketed a £75 million bonus (and eventually paid for it with his job on account of the negative publicity that this egregious award generated for the company). But similar stories, if not always with quite the same staggering numbers, can be told about individuals running all of the types of institutional rentiers I have examined in this book. The companies have done extravagantly well, and hence so too have those who have managed them and owned parts of them.

Yet land rentierism is, in important respects, different. Unlike in any other rentier sector, with the exception of financial rentierism (Chapter 1), individuals represent significant land rentiers in themselves. Sometimes they do so through a recognizable corporate entity. The best-known example of this is the Grosvenor Group, a property company I discussed earlier. The company is owned in its entirety by the Seventh Duke of Westminster, Hugh Richard Louis Grosvenor, and his family. The company is essentially a vehicle for the exercise of the family’s rentier interests. This makes it fundamentally different from a company like Persimmon, which may for several years have danced to Fairburn’s tune, but which is anything but a mere facsimile of individual or family wealth; his unceremonious exit, instigated by the institutional shareholders that own most of the company’s equity, demonstrated as much. Other major UK institutional land rentiers that represent vehicles of individual or family rentierism include Cadogan Estates (owned by Charles Gerald John Cadogan, the Eighth Earl Cadogan, and his family) and the Howard de Walden Estate (owned by the Howard de Walden family).

In other cases, meanwhile, individuals or families own substantial land empires more directly, without the trappings of a substantive corporate infrastructure. When the Sunday Times publishes its UK Rich List each year, these individuals are placed in the media spotlight — the list is packed with those whose personal wealth is held predominantly in land and its appurtenances. Interestingly, two of the highest on the list in recent years are pairs of brothers: the Reuben brothers, David and Simon, at number four on the 2018 list, estimated to be worth around £15 billion; and the Barclay twins, David and Frederick, at number fifteen, estimated to be worth £7.4 billion.'

'Where Piketty’s nineteenth-century rentiers earned rents primarily on agricultural land, the Reubens and Cadogans of the world have a more diversified asset base. While agricultural land is still often part of the overall portfolio (particularly, of course, for the aristocrats among the tribe), the major sources of land rents today for these high-net-worth individuals and families is commercial property: retail, offices and hotels. Residential property, meanwhile, is marginal, just as it is for the institutional land rentiers discussed earlier.'

Points deduction imminent.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Jamie Reuben resigns as QPR director (n/t) on 14:55 - Feb 21 with 2639 viewsessextaxiboy

[Post edited 21 Feb 2023 14:56]
Jamie Reuben resigns as QPR director on 15:02 - Feb 21 with 2555 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Jamie Reuben resigns as QPR director on 15:14 - Feb 21 with 2426 viewsCincyHoop

The Reuben's will be taking a beating in their commercial real estate portfolio, all relative of course though. Just this morning a headline article in the WSJ regarding increasing default rates in the commercial real estate market. To nobody's surprise, office space is doesn't have the demand it used to.
Jamie Reuben resigns as QPR director on 15:22 - Feb 21 with 2336 viewsBoston

Jamie Reuben resigns as QPR director on 15:02 - Feb 21 by BazzaInTheLoft

So the order #17 to go, was Andre Dozzell, not chicken fried rice!

Jamie Reuben resigns as QPR director on 17:07 - Feb 21 with 1980 viewsLordPork

If memory serves, the story at the time was his involvement was allied to the Car Giant site along with all things Linford Christie Stadium etc

since that all went a bit flat I can understand the parting of the ways a while back. All of which brings into focus our strategic involvement, or not, with the H&F Council etc etc.

By the sound of it, he could have donated a couple of £ Billion by way of a parting "thank - you"
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024