Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trump 09:43 - Oct 27 with 115870 viewsHooparoo

An Australian professor of Data Analytics from Griffith University who predicted Trump’s first win, the Australian Federal Election(when all the polls said the opposite) and Brexit has called it - Trump will be re-elected for another 4 years. You heard it here first.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Trump on 12:00 - Nov 3 with 2449 viewsLythamR

Trump on 11:49 - Nov 3 by Juzzie

What makes it worse is they are seemingly oblivious to the fact they are actually being manipulated and any suggestion they are is just met with wild derision because no one likes to think they might have been hoodwinked. So the powers that be absolutely play on this to control things.

The US call themselves the land of the free. Having people in cars blocking roads to prevent people from voting, or trying to manipulate or halt postal votes etc is not a land that is free.
Then you have a leader that we all know will absolutely kick up a massive hissy fit and refuse to accept it should he not win when most people would normally step down graciously. He doesn't have an ounce of graciousness or compassion or any other similar positive virtue in him. His idea of a joke is something or someone that is ridiculed.

Edit: if he loses not only will his behavior be irrational but he will refuse to accept it's anything other than cheating or anything else subversive that has conspired against him winning. He will flatly refuse to accept that possibly it's because people no longer want him and he will go super nova on Twitter and elsewhere to say and do anything he can to try and prove it.

I always find it strange that in the US the vote is cast at the beginning of November yet it's not until end of January, nearly three months later, that a new or re-elected President is sworn in. That's three months of him trying to do anything he can to reverse the outcome. Utter nut job and will massively destabilise the country in a time when the US, and the rest of the world, needs calm & stability.

He tweeted this and the only person who is potentially cheating, undermining the system of law and inciting violence is himself.

He has said the same on Facebook who responded; "Facebook, the social network did not hide the post, but added the warning: "Both voting by mail and voting in person have a long history of trustworthiness in the US. Voter fraud is extremely rare across voting methods."

Apart from blatant lying, seems that Trump is getting his excuses in early just in case.

[Post edited 3 Nov 2020 12:41]

This situation with mail in ballots is a farce

Greatest democracy in the world? more like a mess that may well turn into a bloody mess. it seems to me that the only result that will avoid major bloodshed is an immediate overwhelming Biden victory, anything closer than that and its going to play out over a long period of time and get very unpleasant
Trump on 12:29 - Nov 3 with 2396 viewsTacticalR

Trump on 07:01 - Nov 3 by distortR

"Agree that Biden was the most neutral and least controversial character that the democrat party could put up". I think you'd have to add, "In the mindset of a voting public that elected Trump and a democratic party intent on preserving the status quo that is tearing America apart". IMHO he is not a nice man - an enabler of Middle East conflicts, the sexual assault allegations, speaking fondly about pro-segregationists, appalling voting record (Pro cuts in social security etc), the hunter biden scandal (Glenn Greenwald's resignation from 'the intercept' over editorial interference in a piece he was writing on this and it's editorial suppression, NYT having it's twitter account deleted for the same reason make interesting reading).

If I was American, if i voted, it would be a vote against, not for. As someone said, you've got a bowl of shit in front of you, but all you've got to do is eat half of it, not the whole thing. But it's still shit.

[Post edited 3 Nov 2020 7:24]

Chris Hedges' tirades against the decaying US empire are something to behold.

In my opinion, he is right to emphasise the need for a new party and not to get involved in supporting one faction of the ruling class against another.

He is a Presbyterian minister and an implacable foe of conservative Christianity. I believe his critique of atheism is something along the lines that leading atheists are ignorant of history and have ended up acting as servants of American imperialism. They also do not understand religion. I think that is true of the scientific critique of religion, as discussed here:
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/154304/religion-f

Air hostess clique

Trump on 12:48 - Nov 3 with 2336 viewsBostonR

Spoke to friends again in the US last night and it seems the female suburban vote is very high and not good news for Trump. If Biden wins the suburbs in Pennsylvania, it's over for Trump.
Trump on 12:49 - Nov 3 with 2325 viewsPhildo

Trump on 12:51 - Nov 3 with 2326 viewsstowmarketrange

Trump on 12:00 - Nov 3 by LythamR

This situation with mail in ballots is a farce

Greatest democracy in the world? more like a mess that may well turn into a bloody mess. it seems to me that the only result that will avoid major bloodshed is an immediate overwhelming Biden victory, anything closer than that and its going to play out over a long period of time and get very unpleasant

It does seem strange that every state seems to have a different system for dealing with postal votes.
Trump on 12:58 - Nov 3 with 2298 viewsJuzzie

Trump on 12:51 - Nov 3 by stowmarketrange

It does seem strange that every state seems to have a different system for dealing with postal votes.

Possibly because each State is almost akin to it's own country with it's own laws and ways of doing things.

The USA isn't one big country, it's 52 smaller ones.
Trump on 13:09 - Nov 3 with 2267 viewsstowmarketrange

Trump on 12:58 - Nov 3 by Juzzie

Possibly because each State is almost akin to it's own country with it's own laws and ways of doing things.

I can understand that with their state law, but this should be a federal issue surely?They are all voting in a nationwide election.
The only winners will be the lawyers as this could run and run for months.
Trump on 13:24 - Nov 3 with 2224 viewsBucksRanger

Trump on 12:58 - Nov 3 by Juzzie

50 not 52 states.

The 48 contiguous states bordered by Canada and Mexico plus Alaska and Hawaii that do not have borders with the main country.
Login to get fewer ads

Trump on 13:29 - Nov 3 with 2222 viewsqprd

Trump on 13:09 - Nov 3 by stowmarketrange

I can understand that with their state law, but this should be a federal issue surely?They are all voting in a nationwide election.
The only winners will be the lawyers as this could run and run for months.

This isnt just a federal election- state and local elections are taking place, too. I voted (absentee) for biden, a senate seat and a house seat (all federal govt elections)... but i also voted for my towns board of education, state wide positions and for statewide referendum (eg my state was doing a marijuana legalization referendum among others)... all of these items appeared on the same ballot

it is a quirk of the US system, but then again, the electoral college is a quirk which exists bc of the notion of states' rights....

even at the federal level, most states allocate all electoral votes to the candidate who wins the overall vote in a specific state... but states like nebraska and maine actually split their electoral votes, so you can have a situation in which trump can win some nebraska electoral votes and biden the others

there are valid arguments for standardization... in most years, these quirks dont matter bc theres a decisive winner and you can determine the winner on election night... obviously this year is different bc of the volume of mail in votes due to pandemic and b/c trump/republicans are actively trying to stop mail in voting (b/c they believe that more dems will mail in their votes than republicans)... theyve already tried to throw out 100s of thousands votes in texas, pennyslvania and north carolina

https://www.npr.org/2020/11/02/930365888/federal-judge-dismisses-effort-to-throw

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/28/us/supreme-court-pennsylvania-north-carolina-
[Post edited 3 Nov 2020 13:30]
Trump on 14:05 - Nov 3 with 2163 viewsstowmarketrange

Trump on 13:29 - Nov 3 by qprd

This isnt just a federal election- state and local elections are taking place, too. I voted (absentee) for biden, a senate seat and a house seat (all federal govt elections)... but i also voted for my towns board of education, state wide positions and for statewide referendum (eg my state was doing a marijuana legalization referendum among others)... all of these items appeared on the same ballot

it is a quirk of the US system, but then again, the electoral college is a quirk which exists bc of the notion of states' rights....

even at the federal level, most states allocate all electoral votes to the candidate who wins the overall vote in a specific state... but states like nebraska and maine actually split their electoral votes, so you can have a situation in which trump can win some nebraska electoral votes and biden the others

there are valid arguments for standardization... in most years, these quirks dont matter bc theres a decisive winner and you can determine the winner on election night... obviously this year is different bc of the volume of mail in votes due to pandemic and b/c trump/republicans are actively trying to stop mail in voting (b/c they believe that more dems will mail in their votes than republicans)... theyve already tried to throw out 100s of thousands votes in texas, pennyslvania and north carolina

https://www.npr.org/2020/11/02/930365888/federal-judge-dismisses-effort-to-throw

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/28/us/supreme-court-pennsylvania-north-carolina-
[Post edited 3 Nov 2020 13:30]

Cheers for the info mate.Just when I thought I was starting to understand how the US electoral system worked I’m now back to square one.
Trump on 14:54 - Nov 3 with 2084 viewsGaryT

The first three minutes covers the stuff we already know but if you think it's complicated now, listen to what he says from 3 minutes....OMG.

(great muppets cameo at 0:46)
Trump on 15:20 - Nov 3 with 2043 viewsrobith

Trump on 00:49 - Nov 3 by Boston

The ‘Popular Vote’ does not decide the outcome of British Elections.

True - but I'm not entirely sure how that relates to my jokey point?
Trump on 16:15 - Nov 3 with 1931 viewsgobbles

Trump on 13:24 - Nov 3 by BucksRanger

50 not 52 states.

The 48 contiguous states bordered by Canada and Mexico plus Alaska and Hawaii that do not have borders with the main country.

Plus the District of Columbia
Trump on 16:21 - Nov 3 with 1901 viewsBucksRanger

Trump on 16:15 - Nov 3 by gobbles

Plus the District of Columbia

Yes, an odd one that. Perhaps we can pretend Washington DC is still part of Maryland.
Trump on 16:49 - Nov 3 with 1859 viewsgobbles

Trump on 16:21 - Nov 3 by BucksRanger

Yes, an odd one that. Perhaps we can pretend Washington DC is still part of Maryland.

The amazing thing in "The Land of the Free" is that Puerto Rico get no vote, despite being US citizens
Trump on 17:28 - Nov 3 with 1779 viewsitsbiga

Trump on 16:49 - Nov 3 by gobbles

The amazing thing in "The Land of the Free" is that Puerto Rico get no vote, despite being US citizens

DC don't get Senators. They have taxation without representation.
One of the main reasons for getting Independence from British Rule.
Give DC and Puerto Rico Statedom and Republicans never win again.
The only way they can win now is via voter suppression anyway.
If Biden wins tonight with a handsome lead then the GOP are in the sh1tter as they will need to revamp the entire party and that will cause a split with their hard right and libertarian cliques. Texas goes blue tonight and thats the GOP done for 20 years.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2020 17:32]

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Trump on 17:41 - Nov 3 with 1748 viewsJuzzie

Trump on 14:54 - Nov 3 by GaryT

The first three minutes covers the stuff we already know but if you think it's complicated now, listen to what he says from 3 minutes....OMG.

(great muppets cameo at 0:46)

It's so complicated and no surprise Trump wants (with no regard to how it actually works) it declared same day as that seems to suit him more. More manipulation of the system, he knows exactly what he doing.
I don't know what is more dangerous, someone who is genuinely loopy or someone who knows exactly what they are doing and is very deliberate in that. The latter I think and that's him.
Trump on 17:58 - Nov 3 with 1710 viewsGaryT

Trump on 17:41 - Nov 3 by Juzzie

It's so complicated and no surprise Trump wants (with no regard to how it actually works) it declared same day as that seems to suit him more. More manipulation of the system, he knows exactly what he doing.
I don't know what is more dangerous, someone who is genuinely loopy or someone who knows exactly what they are doing and is very deliberate in that. The latter I think and that's him.

Agreed, the conversation with Bob Woodward about Covid let that cat out of the bag.
Trump on 18:05 - Nov 3 with 1691 viewsqprd

Trump on 17:28 - Nov 3 by itsbiga

DC don't get Senators. They have taxation without representation.
One of the main reasons for getting Independence from British Rule.
Give DC and Puerto Rico Statedom and Republicans never win again.
The only way they can win now is via voter suppression anyway.
If Biden wins tonight with a handsome lead then the GOP are in the sh1tter as they will need to revamp the entire party and that will cause a split with their hard right and libertarian cliques. Texas goes blue tonight and thats the GOP done for 20 years.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2020 17:32]

Few things I don't agree with:

-DC dont have senators or congressman. But it is worth bearing in mind that social services are distributed in DC through the federal govt and not the state (b/c there is no state). Therefore, DC actually gets more in federal funding (by a wide wide wide wide margin) than its citizens pay in federal tax to the government. Sure, they dont have representation, but they its not like theyre losing this one

-DC already is represented in the electoral college (ie their vote counts in pres election)

-If PR got statehood, itd have somewhere between 6-8 electoral votes based on their population of 3-4m. Significant, but it would hardly swing the presidential election or the house elections... it could swing majorities in the senate

-ultimate DC/PR will never get statehood b/c its a partisan issue. Rs going to want to give it up bc they know itll help the dems...no one really cares enough to make this a national issue

if texas goes blue, Rs are screwed, for sure....
Trump on 18:23 - Nov 3 with 1647 views2Thomas2Bowles

Batshit Crazy or mad as a box of frogs, you pick which one is which

Much like the election choice here then.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Trump on 20:25 - Nov 3 with 1546 viewsRanger_Things

'Across the US, state governors have asked national guard to prepare for deployment in case of unrest and protests surrounding the election. More than 3,600 troops have been activated, the Military Times reports. In the capital, federal officials are preparing a “non scalable” fence around the White House and authorities have advised businesses to sign up for crime alerts.'

Making Umerica Great Again!
Trump on 20:55 - Nov 3 with 1487 viewskensalriser

Trump on 20:25 - Nov 3 by Ranger_Things

'Across the US, state governors have asked national guard to prepare for deployment in case of unrest and protests surrounding the election. More than 3,600 troops have been activated, the Military Times reports. In the capital, federal officials are preparing a “non scalable” fence around the White House and authorities have advised businesses to sign up for crime alerts.'

Making Umerica Great Again!

A transparent spectacle aiming at creating an atmosphere of tension and fear of crazed BLM supporters, anarchists, rioters, looters and Democrats (they are synonymous, obvs) storming the White House.

Here's to the orange stain getting wiped clean tomorrow.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2020 20:56]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Trump on 20:58 - Nov 3 with 1480 viewsdaveB

Whoever wins I do think it's not great that the two candidates for this are both as bad as they are. Biden seems like his best days are behind him and Trump is just a WWE character.
Trump on 21:05 - Nov 3 with 1462 views2Thomas2Bowles

Trump on 20:55 - Nov 3 by kensalriser

A transparent spectacle aiming at creating an atmosphere of tension and fear of crazed BLM supporters, anarchists, rioters, looters and Democrats (they are synonymous, obvs) storming the White House.

So like a few in here, anyone but Trump, forgetting Biden has as much spin as a jellyfish and about as many working brain cells.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Trump on 21:47 - Nov 3 with 1398 viewsSharpy36

Trump on 20:55 - Nov 3 by kensalriser

Buisness owners have been boarding up since yesterday in Democrat states. The same states that have seen all the looting and burning by that anarchic bunch of bedwetters that you list.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024