Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bees v Hoops match thread 10:58 - Nov 27 with 40060 viewsdublinr

Let me start this one.

I'm sitting by the sea in Dun Laoghaire in beautiful sunshine - and there's no wind. THAT NEVER HAPPENS.

Today is going to be a day of miracles. Things that never happen are happening. We will win on the telly. We will win a London derby. We are going to beat Brentford.

Bees 2 Rs 3

Bees v Hoops match thread on 14:22 - Nov 28 with 1457 viewsswitchingcode

Bees v Hoops match thread on 13:43 - Nov 28 by Northernr

Agree with most of that, except you've fallen into the Hinchcliffe trap of confusing Hamailainen with Willock. Niko was indeed on a booking, but it was Willock who committed the foul.

Yes schoolboy error 👍
Bees v Hoops match thread on 14:38 - Nov 28 with 1425 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Bees v Hoops match thread on 13:29 - Nov 28 by BazzaInTheLoft

This is the 2,000th time someone has said they are being silenced on this forum.

I didn't say I was being silenced, far from it. Just strange that anyone who disagrees with the general tone of the board is automatically assumed to be the same poster because 'how very dare they????? '
Bees v Hoops match thread on 14:43 - Nov 28 with 1417 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Bees v Hoops match thread on 13:14 - Nov 28 by hantssi

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but it’s just that we never see you on here with anything positive to say when we win.

I haven't been on here very long but I will certainly post whether we win, lose or draw. I'm certainly not a doom-monger either but for me there's something very wrong with the culture at the club when we're losing 19 out of 20 higher-profile matches like that going back over five years - i.e. it's not a statistical anomaly.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2020 14:44]
Bees v Hoops match thread on 14:48 - Nov 28 with 1399 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Bees v Hoops match thread on 14:38 - Nov 28 by Wegerles_Stairs

I didn't say I was being silenced, far from it. Just strange that anyone who disagrees with the general tone of the board is automatically assumed to be the same poster because 'how very dare they????? '

I think one person has said it. I wouldn’t be so precious.

As for losing 19/20 high profile matches I don’t think that is accurate, but if it was I’d take it as an indicator of our genuine station in this league. There is a big difference in losing 6-0 and 2-1 though so I hope you appreciate the progress we are making.

Welcome to the board 👍
[Post edited 28 Nov 2020 14:53]
Bees v Hoops match thread on 15:13 - Nov 28 with 1339 viewsBurnleyhoop

More than happy with the performance and our ongoing continued improvement. At the end of the day, there has been another influx of new players having lost some serious quality and experience from last season. I was pleasantly surprised by Willocks first half display last night and am more than happy with Dieng, Dickie and even LTC looks the part. I honestly believe we won’t see the best of this team until the latter end of the season which, imo, bodes well for a strong start for the following season. BOS will be a big loss unfortunately.
Definitely going in the right direction having put a team together on a relative shoestring....under the circumstances, great work.
Bees v Hoops match thread on 15:35 - Nov 28 with 1299 viewsOldPedro

Bees v Hoops match thread on 14:43 - Nov 28 by Wegerles_Stairs

I haven't been on here very long but I will certainly post whether we win, lose or draw. I'm certainly not a doom-monger either but for me there's something very wrong with the culture at the club when we're losing 19 out of 20 higher-profile matches like that going back over five years - i.e. it's not a statistical anomaly.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2020 14:44]

19 out of 20 is a statistical anomaly as the thing that connects those games is that they happen to be played on a Friday

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Bees v Hoops match thread on 16:36 - Nov 28 with 1210 viewsCiderwithRsie

This is the 2,000th time someone has said they are being silenced on this forum.

Shush
Bees v Hoops match thread on 17:32 - Nov 28 with 1134 viewstimcocking

Disappointing to be so badly robbed by the refs in a couple of consecutive games.

Pr!cks. Nothing ever changes.
Login to get fewer ads

Bees v Hoops match thread on 18:02 - Nov 28 with 1115 viewsNewBee

Bees v Hoops match thread on 21:56 - Nov 27 by BazzaInTheLoft

Playing ‘Celebration’ because they beat QPR in the post match interview to an empty stadium is the most Brentford thing I have ever seen.

Nowt to do with QPR, I'm afraid.

They've played it after every home win at GP for as long as I can remember (just like eg 'Hey Jude' before k.o.)

And they've now transferred the whole matchday routine in turn, to try to replicate the whole day as closely as possible at Lionel Road.

Anyhow, thought QPR were a good bit better than in recent games against Bees - on another day you might have got a draw had the breaks gone your way.

As for Warburton, though I'm not one of those who turned 180 degrees against him as soon as he left the Bees - imo he's a decent enough coach who took us to a higher level - I thought his post-match interview was embarrassing, tbh.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2020 18:16]
Bees v Hoops match thread on 18:12 - Nov 28 with 1107 viewsNorthernr

The Covid thread stands testament that you can chat as much sht on here as you like without censor as long as you're not abusive, libellous or threatening to shoot somebody.
Bees v Hoops match thread on 18:15 - Nov 28 with 1101 viewsNewBee

Bees v Hoops match thread on 13:02 - Nov 28 by traininvain

Exactly. Offside is offside. Commentator tried to make out that Toney was unfortunate not to get the decision because he was nearly onside. I don’t fully understand the logic.

Where you've badly mistimed your run and there's clear daylight between you and the defender, you can expect to get flagged, no complaints.

But when you're offside by a big toe, as IT was, you often get the decision. Esp when there were bodies between you and the linesman, and officials aren't supposed to give what they can't properly see.

And in case of doubt I always think that it's an easier call for an official to err by disallowing a valid goal, than by allowing an invalid one.

In that sense Toney was "unlucky", even if it was the correct decision.
Bees v Hoops match thread on 18:27 - Nov 28 with 1076 viewsjohncharles

Bees v Hoops match thread on 18:15 - Nov 28 by NewBee

Where you've badly mistimed your run and there's clear daylight between you and the defender, you can expect to get flagged, no complaints.

But when you're offside by a big toe, as IT was, you often get the decision. Esp when there were bodies between you and the linesman, and officials aren't supposed to give what they can't properly see.

And in case of doubt I always think that it's an easier call for an official to err by disallowing a valid goal, than by allowing an invalid one.

In that sense Toney was "unlucky", even if it was the correct decision.

Oh do give over. With VAR we’ve seen offside given for a hairs breadth. He was offside end of.
Well spotted by the Lino

Strong and stable my arse.

Bees v Hoops match thread on 19:02 - Nov 28 with 1029 viewsNewBee

Bees v Hoops match thread on 18:27 - Nov 28 by johncharles

Oh do give over. With VAR we’ve seen offside given for a hairs breadth. He was offside end of.
Well spotted by the Lino

"Give over"?

I was merely responding to one of the many posters on here expressing their own opinions with one of my own.

Namely why, even if correct, Toney was somewhat unlucky for it to be given against him.

(Clue: they don't have VAR in the EFL)
[Post edited 28 Nov 2020 19:03]
Bees v Hoops match thread on 19:40 - Nov 28 with 994 viewsdistortR

Bees v Hoops match thread on 18:27 - Nov 28 by johncharles

Well spotted by the Lino

yeah, the replays showed the lino had a great position and was looking along the line.
He saw it was offside and gave it as such.
Bees v Hoops match thread on 21:47 - Nov 28 with 916 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Bees v Hoops match thread on 18:02 - Nov 28 by NewBee

Nowt to do with QPR, I'm afraid.

They've played it after every home win at GP for as long as I can remember (just like eg 'Hey Jude' before k.o.)

And they've now transferred the whole matchday routine in turn, to try to replicate the whole day as closely as possible at Lionel Road.

Anyhow, thought QPR were a good bit better than in recent games against Bees - on another day you might have got a draw had the breaks gone your way.

As for Warburton, though I'm not one of those who turned 180 degrees against him as soon as he left the Bees - imo he's a decent enough coach who took us to a higher level - I thought his post-match interview was embarrassing, tbh.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2020 18:16]

Well if you do it for Wycombe and Rotherham too that makes it even worse.

Next time someone I know needs a low budget wedding DJ I’ll send them Brentford’s way!
[Post edited 28 Nov 2020 21:59]
Bees v Hoops match thread on 22:11 - Nov 28 with 899 viewsdavman

Bees v Hoops match thread on 13:48 - Nov 28 by dm97

Totally agree with that assessment, the switch to 343 was extremely astute.

If top two isn't a combination of B'mouth, Norwich and Watford I'd be shocked - they arent out of 3rd gear yet (Watford dont seem out of 1st) and look miles above the rest of the league.

As the financial chasm continues to grow between the top two tiers, sadly, this will be the norm season on season.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024