Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Top festive QPR games you've attended 15:42 - Dec 21 with 3839 viewsflynnbo

Off the top of my head, for me it has to be winning 3-0 against Man Utd on Jan 1st 1974 (Best's last game for them);

Winning 3-1 at Arsenal on 31st December 1994 (The Jensen game);

4-1 at Man Utd but didn't attend.

Pretty sure I've missed out some obvious ones- West Ham away springs to mind but can't recall the details.

Top festive QPR games you've attended on 13:38 - Dec 23 with 455 viewsmarkqpr

Top festive QPR games you've attended on 16:24 - Dec 21 by robith

QPR 2-1 Doncaster, New Year's Day 2014

I'd been DJIng until 5am at my club night, had about 4 hours sleep on my mate's sofa , had to go to Westfield to buy a scarf cos in my indie DJ get up I thought I might freeze to death. Rain was coming in sideways, spend the entire game begging my dad to let me go home.

And then Charlie Austin headed the ball so hard it ripped the fabric of space in injury time to win the game. Oh my word that was sweet

That's the first game I achieved a lifelong dream of taking my child to a football match.

Daughter was 5 months old and the club amazingly let me hire one of the Director's boxes for the match as they were out of the country, right above the home dug out.

Had all my long time QPR mates in there with me, some no longer with us unfortunately and we had a great time. It was excellent, thanks to the club and especially Julie.

Daughter stayed awake and happy for the whole match in my arms.

Nothing will ever beat Arsenal away 31st December 1994 though.
Top festive QPR games you've attended on 13:46 - Dec 23 with 445 viewsW7Ranger

This New Years day massacre wasn't bad.

I wasn't gonna go to this as I'd had a pretty heavy sesh the night before and didn't get to bed until about 6am! Decided at last minute to go. Glad I did!!

Top festive QPR games you've attended on 13:52 - Dec 23 with 433 viewswelwynranger

Top festive QPR games you've attended on 17:26 - Dec 21 by loftboy

Three penalties in that Sunderland game, big Stekskal saved one.
Another good one was a 1-1 with Liverpool where Grobbelar through the ball into his own net.

That was memorable not for the match or Grobbelers mistake.
On Christmas day the whole family were at my mother in laws house. The four men among us wanted to go to the early kick off. Problem was one of the brothers in law was a milkman who had to work on Boxing Day.He felt as he would be missing out, so in an alchohol fueled moment someone suggested we help him with his round then we can all go.
So 3o'clock ìn the morning we got in the car and drove to the dairy. Waited for him to load up then followed his float then helped him deliver milk, cream ,bread and amazingly he received no complaints that a customer received the wrong order.
Made it to HQ on time.
Everytime we get together the story is related by one of us and we have a good laugh about it
Top festive QPR games you've attended on 14:19 - Dec 23 with 403 viewsTheChef

Top festive QPR games you've attended on 19:47 - Dec 22 by distortR

that Arsenal game brings up many stories.
we used to drink with a couple of Arsenal fans, Large and Larger.
They got us tickets for the north bank.
Then they went into a different stand, very funny lads, especially as a couple of us were whizzing our nuts off. We weren't very quiet or popular.
went into the wrong pub after, had to leave. i was last out and stood at the doorway giving a rendition of "thankyou very much for the 3 points Arsenal". Quickly overtook my mates, hinting that it might be in their best interests to leg it as well as the baying mob followed.
Then Sister Rays in Brighton.
What a day.

Edit. the wycombe game is special to me, the last time i went to a match with joe Young, RIP
[Post edited 22 Dec 2020 19:48]

Michael Meaker got a full 90 minutes in that game. You'll see him pass the ball to Bardsley for the third goal.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Top festive QPR games you've attended on 14:37 - Dec 23 with 383 viewsE17hoop

Has to be the Adel show vs Swansea for me. He was unplayable that day.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: How has this season been?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024