Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Top festive QPR games you've attended 15:42 - Dec 21 with 3838 viewsflynnbo

Off the top of my head, for me it has to be winning 3-0 against Man Utd on Jan 1st 1974 (Best's last game for them);

Winning 3-1 at Arsenal on 31st December 1994 (The Jensen game);

4-1 at Man Utd but didn't attend.

Pretty sure I've missed out some obvious ones- West Ham away springs to mind but can't recall the details.

Top festive QPR games you've attended on 18:33 - Dec 21 with 1015 viewsqpr_1968

Top festive QPR games you've attended on 18:26 - Dec 21 by Boston

Spurs away ‘73. Small group of us standing in the corner of the Shelf and the Park Lane. Cold, bored, couldn’t wait to get home.

stood in the shelf for that one as well.....if it was the 0-0 game.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Top festive QPR games you've attended on 18:52 - Dec 21 with 1003 viewsToast_R

I really enjoyed the once in a lifetime 1 nil at Forest 2 year ago.
Top festive QPR games you've attended on 18:59 - Dec 21 with 987 viewsdaveB

Top festive QPR games you've attended on 18:14 - Dec 21 by Northernr

This thread needs more videos. Dave Barton, new series for your YouTUbe channel please.

Look at that fcking Bardsley cross for the third...

I'm finding Premier League years hard to get on the channel, the copyright police are straight on me for those
Top festive QPR games you've attended on 19:43 - Dec 21 with 946 viewsM40R

Surprised no one has mentioned the 1-0 win at Chelski that brightened up our last season in the prem. Adel's hold up play was amazing as was the atmosphere in the away stand. Beating the reigning champs of Europe as well...
Top festive QPR games you've attended on 19:43 - Dec 21 with 945 viewsdaveB

A selection of games from Christmas through the years

QPR v Newcastle 1973

Southampton v QPR New Years Eve 1988

25 mins of pure joy, with some lovely shots of Sri Alex looking hungover and depressed

[Post edited 21 Dec 2020 19:44]
Top festive QPR games you've attended on 11:39 - Dec 22 with 840 viewskernowhoop

Top festive QPR games you've attended on 17:32 - Dec 21 by Northernr

I'm sure I've told this story before but, anyway, we've nothing but time so here it is again...

This was the point in my life when my brother and my parents and I lived in Hampton, and when I really got into Rangers properly, while all my family is still up north Grimsby.Scunny way. Anyway, Arsenal New Year's Eve, they all pile down on the train, aunts, uncles, cousin, grandmas, grandad. House full. People sleeping everywhere, looked like a refugee camp. Plan is... Arsenal, 30 ppl at least, round Islington, all the great back street pubs up there, Polish Paul, Mad Mick, Mick Harman, Fav, Ant, Richard the Carpet Man, Northern Steve, all the greats. Enormous pis up. Win, and we fcking did as well, some performance that one. Somebody get the kids back to Hampton, and get out and about and get on it. Which they did.

*Scenes missing*

Later that evening, Uncle Shaun (absolute law unto himself that lad) rises from the sofa downstairs requiring a piss. He makes his way up the stairs (no mean feat in that house, they were open and made of polished wood, absolute death trap) and onto the landing where you either turn left and left again to be standing in front of the toilet, or you turn right and right again to be standing in front of the washing basket in the master bedroom.

Well you can probably see where this is going.

Mother, rather than worse for wear and very asleep, awakes to a strange naked man weeing into her linen basket (behave). She shakes father, rather the worse for wear and very asleep, to inform him through a hissed whisper "Robert, there's somebody in the bedroom". Father springs to life, grabs a golf club from the bag in the corner of the room, swings at the would-be assailant, knocking him out cold and doing quite considerable damage to his eye socket.

And that's how mum, dad, Uncle Shaun (absolute law unto himself that lad), aunts, uncles, cousin, grandmas, grandad, Polish Paul, Mad Mick, Mick Harman, Fav, Ant, Richard the Carpet Man, Northern Steve, all the greats, ended up at the Kingston Eye Hospital at 6am on New Year's Day.

Fcking good win though.

This post has been edited by an administrator

I wonder what was edited out? Shall we ever know?
Top festive QPR games you've attended on 18:24 - Dec 22 with 796 viewsqprxtc

I was sat in Ellerslie with Dad amongst loads of East London Irons. Didn’t hold me back and I gave it large and loud. I was 10.

I have a story about getting pissed and pissing all over our suitcases in my uncles in New York and telling my mum to “F off ya c...” too.

Maybe later.
Top festive QPR games you've attended on 18:33 - Dec 22 with 790 viewsderbyhoop

1968 - 2 games between Christmas and New Year
beat Rotherham 6-0 and Plymouth 4-1

The 3-0 win over Man Utd was on Jan 1st or 2nd, played on an absolute bog. I'm sure they had Charlton, Crerand and Best playing. I was right behind the goal at Loftus Road end as Bowles rose high to head in one of the goals.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Login to get fewer ads

Top festive QPR games you've attended on 18:57 - Dec 22 with 763 viewsNorthernr

Top festive QPR games you've attended on 18:33 - Dec 22 by derbyhoop

1968 - 2 games between Christmas and New Year
beat Rotherham 6-0 and Plymouth 4-1

The 3-0 win over Man Utd was on Jan 1st or 2nd, played on an absolute bog. I'm sure they had Charlton, Crerand and Best playing. I was right behind the goal at Loftus Road end as Bowles rose high to head in one of the goals.

Jesus mate, how do you even bring yourself to watch the present day sludge?
Top festive QPR games you've attended on 19:06 - Dec 22 with 750 viewsDiscodroids

The 3-1 win at Highbury new years eve '94.

I was still a flashing young blade about town in those days and a carnabetian army dedicated follower of fashion. I remember wearing a Red Or Dead GB Passport T shirt from their original store in Neal Street Covent garden for 80 sheets. No other top, just the f ucking t shirt. On new years eve.

Froze my testies to the size of pistachio nuts and got called a poof by An Arsenal Fan who looked like Bodie from the professionals when i let out a whimper for Magic hats goal.

of no further interest to any f ucker with a central nervous sysytem, I went with my Arsenal mate Frank who became club press officer for Stevenage fc when they went on to play Newcastle Fc in the FA cup a few years later.

When asked by on Tele by Gmtv's John Stapleton on stevenages chances against shearers Newcastle, he replied ' it aint the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of fight in the dog that counts'.

Magic.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2020 19:08]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Top festive QPR games you've attended on 19:47 - Dec 22 with 713 viewsdistortR

Top festive QPR games you've attended on 19:06 - Dec 22 by Discodroids

The 3-1 win at Highbury new years eve '94.

I was still a flashing young blade about town in those days and a carnabetian army dedicated follower of fashion. I remember wearing a Red Or Dead GB Passport T shirt from their original store in Neal Street Covent garden for 80 sheets. No other top, just the f ucking t shirt. On new years eve.

Froze my testies to the size of pistachio nuts and got called a poof by An Arsenal Fan who looked like Bodie from the professionals when i let out a whimper for Magic hats goal.

of no further interest to any f ucker with a central nervous sysytem, I went with my Arsenal mate Frank who became club press officer for Stevenage fc when they went on to play Newcastle Fc in the FA cup a few years later.

When asked by on Tele by Gmtv's John Stapleton on stevenages chances against shearers Newcastle, he replied ' it aint the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of fight in the dog that counts'.

Magic.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2020 19:08]

that Arsenal game brings up many stories.
we used to drink with a couple of Arsenal fans, Large and Larger.
They got us tickets for the north bank.
Then they went into a different stand, very funny lads, especially as a couple of us were whizzing our nuts off. We weren't very quiet or popular.
went into the wrong pub after, had to leave. i was last out and stood at the doorway giving a rendition of "thankyou very much for the 3 points Arsenal". Quickly overtook my mates, hinting that it might be in their best interests to leg it as well as the baying mob followed.
Then Sister Rays in Brighton.
What a day.

Edit. the wycombe game is special to me, the last time i went to a match with joe Young, RIP
[Post edited 22 Dec 2020 19:48]
Top festive QPR games you've attended on 19:47 - Dec 22 with 711 viewsdublinr

Top festive QPR games you've attended on 16:59 - Dec 21 by Ned_Kennedys

QPR 3 West Ham 0 Boxing Day 1980: great performance against the clear leaders. I was a young kid and my Dad gave me the tickets as a Christmas present so I had no idea I was going until the day before.

My favourite too. Went with my dad and my great uncle Jim. Currie imperious and a goal from that Israeli winger - silkman?

Top festive QPR games you've attended on 20:16 - Dec 22 with 682 viewsDiscodroids

Top festive QPR games you've attended on 19:47 - Dec 22 by distortR

Then they went into a different stand, very funny lads, especially as a couple of us were whizzing our nuts off. We weren't very quiet or popular.
went into the wrong pub after, had to leave. i was last out and stood at the doorway giving a rendition of "thankyou very much for the 3 points Arsenal". Quickly overtook my mates, hinting that it might be in their best interests to leg it as well as the baying mob followed.
What a day.

Edit. the wycombe game is special to me, the last time i went to a match with joe Young, RIP

Sister Rays... i remember being skated off my nut after a session in the Crown and anchor and popping in there to buy a quadruple vinyl Percy thrower spoken word lp, entitiled ' the four seasons'.

Still got it somewhere.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Top festive QPR games you've attended on 20:32 - Dec 22 with 669 viewsManinBlack

The downside of living north of London is no trains on Boxing Day so any games on that day I had to miss. I recall attending the 4-2 with Everton but things like the 3-2 win over Liverpool I missed.

Instead I have attended games at end of December and start of January when no travel issues so I was OK for the 3-1 win at Arsenal.

The 3-0 against Man Utd was mentioned in that BT Sport programme about the time Man Utd got relegated. Alex Stepney said we battered them and showed one of Stan's goals which Stepney should have saved.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2020 20:33]
Top festive QPR games you've attended on 21:28 - Dec 22 with 633 viewsqprxtc

Top festive QPR games you've attended on 19:47 - Dec 22 by distortR

What a day.

I remember you and Joe in the loft and inn the White horse. And I remember you used to fascinate me when you were in the paddock. I loved that Rangers attracted all sorts of good sorts. Even if they didn’t wash a lot 😘

Take me back baby
Top festive QPR games you've attended on 21:50 - Dec 22 with 621 viewsdistortR

Top festive QPR games you've attended on 21:28 - Dec 22 by qprxtc

I remember you and Joe in the loft and inn the White horse. And I remember you used to fascinate me when you were in the paddock. I loved that Rangers attracted all sorts of good sorts. Even if they didn’t wash a lot 😘

Take me back baby

Top festive QPR games you've attended on 22:12 - Dec 22 with 598 viewsderbyhoop

Top festive QPR games you've attended on 18:57 - Dec 22 by Northernr

Jesus mate, how do you even bring yourself to watch the present day sludge?

Ever hopeful that the good times will return?

Or rare moments of sunshine (Zamorrrrraaaaa?) amid the dross.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Top festive QPR games you've attended on 22:22 - Dec 22 with 585 viewsSuperhoop83

This thread needs more videos. Dave Barton, new series for your YouTUbe channel please.

When that goal went in the scenes were something else.

Utter pandemonium, unmatched by anything I'd been part of until Mackie waltzed through the Liverpool defence in March 2012.

My other favourites were the Gus Caesar match in December 1990 and the Sinton hat-trick against Everton in December 1992.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2020 22:24]

Suffering since 1978.

Top festive QPR games you've attended on 03:49 - Dec 23 with 544 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Top festive QPR games you've attended on 17:32 - Dec 21 by Northernr

I'm sure I've told this story before but, anyway, we've nothing but time so here it is again...

This was the point in my life when my brother and my parents and I lived in Hampton, and when I really got into Rangers properly, while all my family is still up north Grimsby.Scunny way. Anyway, Arsenal New Year's Eve, they all pile down on the train, aunts, uncles, cousin, grandmas, grandad. House full. People sleeping everywhere, looked like a refugee camp. Plan is... Arsenal, 30 ppl at least, round Islington, all the great back street pubs up there, Polish Paul, Mad Mick, Mick Harman, Fav, Ant, Richard the Carpet Man, Northern Steve, all the greats. Enormous pis up. Win, and we fcking did as well, some performance that one. Somebody get the kids back to Hampton, and get out and about and get on it. Which they did.

*Scenes missing*

Later that evening, Uncle Shaun (absolute law unto himself that lad) rises from the sofa downstairs requiring a piss. He makes his way up the stairs (no mean feat in that house, they were open and made of polished wood, absolute death trap) and onto the landing where you either turn left and left again to be standing in front of the toilet, or you turn right and right again to be standing in front of the washing basket in the master bedroom.

Well you can probably see where this is going.

Mother, rather than worse for wear and very asleep, awakes to a strange naked man weeing into her linen basket (behave). She shakes father, rather the worse for wear and very asleep, to inform him through a hissed whisper "Robert, there's somebody in the bedroom". Father springs to life, grabs a golf club from the bag in the corner of the room, swings at the would-be assailant, knocking him out cold and doing quite considerable damage to his eye socket.

And that's how mum, dad, Uncle Shaun (absolute law unto himself that lad), aunts, uncles, cousin, grandmas, grandad, Polish Paul, Mad Mick, Mick Harman, Fav, Ant, Richard the Carpet Man, Northern Steve, all the greats, ended up at the Kingston Eye Hospital at 6am on New Year's Day.

Fcking good win though.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Ah the true meaning of Christmas bursting for a pi*s after a great session when even a sink does the job .Great story Clive I bet you wont find a nugget like that on the Swansea website
Top festive QPR games you've attended on 07:09 - Dec 23 with 494 viewsozexile

Lucky enough to have been to a few of these games mentioned before I travelled to Oz. One of my favs was early 2000's away to Bournemouth a few days before Xmas. Think we won 2-0. The young Irish lad made his debut at LB. Anyway stayed down there all weekend, Rangers everywhere.
Top festive QPR games you've attended on 08:17 - Dec 23 with 472 viewsSydneyRs

Would have to say my first boxing day v Chelsea in 1982. LR packed to the rafters and a fantastic atmosphere back in the days where Chelsea had a large and noisy following of non prawn sandwich eaters.

We were flying towards winning the league and promotion, they were trying to avoid relegation to the 3rd division. I'd been going to home games all season with my only concerns being how many we would win by. So, naturally, we lost this one 2-1.

It was easily the biggest atmosphere I'd seen at LR by that time so sticks in the memory. Annoyingly, we went to the game with some Chelsea fans we knew thinking it would be nice to bring them along to see a superior QPR team put them in their place. Didn't quite go to plan but we still won the league at a canter. Chelsea avoided relegation by not much and I think got promoted the year after.
Top festive QPR games you've attended on 08:21 - Dec 23 with 471 viewsSydneyRs

Top festive QPR games you've attended on 18:14 - Dec 21 by QPRSteve

Similar thing happened to my mate Ritchie who was married to a cousin of mine. Her sister was getting married in Basingstoke and Ritchie and his missus went down for the wedding and stayed in the family home. The night before the wedding he got bladdered and got up during the night for a pee. Him and his wife were in a different room then they normally stayed in and he got disorientated.

Anyway, he ended up slashing in the laundry cupboard and proceeded back to the wrong bedroom and tried to get into bed with his mother-in-law and sister-in-law who were sharing. Sister-in-law woke up screaming. I have always said she should have got up and left him and gone and slept with here sister. I have an image of Ritchie waking up in the morning and trying to get his leg over.

BTW, the day of the wedding, QPR were at home to Chelsea. I refused to go to the wedding. Our family are all QPR and the groom’s were Scum fans. Always check the fixture list before arranging a wedding. We won 1-0 and I think it was the first time we had beaten them.

My Dad also did this once, and in the same bedroom he slept in every night. Hammered, pissed in the wardrobe instead of the toilet. I've tried many times to get so drunk that I could do that but never managed it.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2020 8:27]
Top festive QPR games you've attended on 09:02 - Dec 23 with 443 viewsloftboy

30 years ago today I was at the baseball ground for a 12:00 KO, possibly Peacocks and Tilsons debut.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Top festive QPR games you've attended on 09:05 - Dec 23 with 443 viewsDannyPaddox

Boxing Day 1974: QPR 4-2 Leicester
If Dave Thomas scoring direct from a corner wasn’t enough festive fun. Phil Parkes scores with a whump of a clearance from his own penalty area. A goalkeeper scoring! I’d read about such things in Shoot but I still considered it mythical. And now, like a Christmas miracle, I see it happen before my own eyes. But the grinch with a whistle referee, a Mr E. Scrooge, disallows it. The R’s seem intent on throwing a comfortable 3 goal lead by conceding 2 in a minute to Frank Worthington’s Leicester. Then big Phil gets to work. Hammering the ball into the obliging force-nine raging over the Loftus Road skies. In the 87th minute Parkes thumps it once more from School End to Loft and in the chaos of the Leicester penalty area teenage substitute Danny Westwood scores. Memories are made of this.

Boxing Day 2011: QPR 4-0 Swansea
I’d worked almost 20 hours straight until 10am Boxing Day morning. Managed to get a couple of hours kip but was in the Goldhawk (RIP) by 1. Fully expected to fall asleep during the game, especially if it turned out to be uneventful. It turned out to be eventful. Miss you Adel.

Xmas/ New Year 19/20: QPR 13-1 South Wales
Goals goals goals. Joy joy joy. Things are looking up for the R’s and 2020 is going to be a great year. I can feel it my bones.

postscript:

Three months later I had another feeling in my bones, together with a dry cough, a fever, and shortness of breath. FU 2020 😷
[Post edited 23 Dec 2020 9:33]
Top festive QPR games you've attended on 13:30 - Dec 23 with 397 viewsW7Ranger

Surely it would be remiss not to include footage of the return fixture later in the season...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024