Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brentford 12:17 - Jan 12 with 3053 viewsPinnerPaul

Next two games off - you can guess why!
Brentford on 16:46 - Jan 12 with 908 viewsswitchingcode

Brentford on 16:28 - Jan 12 by Northernr

Fck me I hope you've got a good book.

Wouldn’t bother me if it finished today and start the season when we can all go.It’s not going to happen as the big boys in PL and Championship won’t allow it as it would mean no relegation from PL.Never known a year of so much success in terms of results new ground ect being so miserable in reality.
Brentford on 17:01 - Jan 12 with 849 viewsdaveB

Brentford on 16:46 - Jan 12 by switchingcode

Wouldn’t bother me if it finished today and start the season when we can all go.It’s not going to happen as the big boys in PL and Championship won’t allow it as it would mean no relegation from PL.Never known a year of so much success in terms of results new ground ect being so miserable in reality.

I envy the teams doing alright this season, won't go up, won't go down. I can only imagine but getting promotion and not going to a single game would be a horrible experience just as potentially getting relegated whilst sat at home watching is equally horrible experience.

I think the efl will end up being extended and finish in mid June
Brentford on 17:05 - Jan 12 with 835 viewsNorthernr

Brentford on 17:01 - Jan 12 by daveB

I envy the teams doing alright this season, won't go up, won't go down. I can only imagine but getting promotion and not going to a single game would be a horrible experience just as potentially getting relegated whilst sat at home watching is equally horrible experience.

I think the efl will end up being extended and finish in mid June

Interesting decision to come with the Euros. Do you play it behind closed doors? Are they persevering with the multiple countries thing? Can you have teams travelling from countries of varying infection and vaccination rates? Do you take advantage of the World Cup being a winter one and move it to the following summer, can you have two tournaments in a year like that as a one off?

Cancelling it altogether would be particularly harsh on countries like Scotland, Wales and others who rarely qualify but have this time. (not a dig before anybody starts)
Brentford on 17:07 - Jan 12 with 824 viewsdaveB

Brentford on 17:05 - Jan 12 by Northernr

Interesting decision to come with the Euros. Do you play it behind closed doors? Are they persevering with the multiple countries thing? Can you have teams travelling from countries of varying infection and vaccination rates? Do you take advantage of the World Cup being a winter one and move it to the following summer, can you have two tournaments in a year like that as a one off?

Cancelling it altogether would be particularly harsh on countries like Scotland, Wales and others who rarely qualify but have this time. (not a dig before anybody starts)

The Euros will go ahead, there is far too much money involved for it not to but god knows how they are going to manage it
Brentford on 17:08 - Jan 12 with 819 viewsNorthernr

Brentford on 17:07 - Jan 12 by daveB

The Euros will go ahead, there is far too much money involved for it not to but god knows how they are going to manage it

That winter world cup does provide an unusual window of opportunity though.
Brentford on 17:19 - Jan 12 with 795 viewsKonk

Brentford on 16:46 - Jan 12 by switchingcode

I know we're rivals (depending on your age), which brings out the worst in people, and because of that I always find Brentford a bit annoying, but the few Brentford I have known over the years, have all been sound*. I genuinely feel sorry for you lot missing out on the last game at GP and the first one at LR. I would be so, so gutted about that.

In terms of missing games when you have a good side (some would say, the best side ever), bit of a gutter, but would surely have been worse to go up and miss most/all of your first season in decades, up in the top division. Personally, it's a distraction from the rest of the sh it, but I can't really get into it.

* Having said that, at work I sat near a bloke who I never spoke to, who used to spend all day singing, "Bees up, Fulham down" because he knew I was Fulham. I find it fuc king hilarious that that cu nt missed out!

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Brentford on 17:24 - Jan 12 with 776 viewsNorthernr

Brentford on 17:19 - Jan 12 by Konk

I know we're rivals (depending on your age), which brings out the worst in people, and because of that I always find Brentford a bit annoying, but the few Brentford I have known over the years, have all been sound*. I genuinely feel sorry for you lot missing out on the last game at GP and the first one at LR. I would be so, so gutted about that.

In terms of missing games when you have a good side (some would say, the best side ever), bit of a gutter, but would surely have been worse to go up and miss most/all of your first season in decades, up in the top division. Personally, it's a distraction from the rest of the sh it, but I can't really get into it.

* Having said that, at work I sat near a bloke who I never spoke to, who used to spend all day singing, "Bees up, Fulham down" because he knew I was Fulham. I find it fuc king hilarious that that cu nt missed out!

Yes it's made Leeds long awaited ascent more palatable that they're missing the whole thing. I'm hoping their chairman chomps down on all this "Bielsa's a one trick pony, he's tasken them as far as he can" TalkSport horseshit, boots him, brings in a Pulis character, and they're back with us before they get a crowd back
Brentford on 17:28 - Jan 12 with 753 viewsdaveB

Brentford on 17:08 - Jan 12 by Northernr

That winter world cup does provide an unusual window of opportunity though.

if they had half a brain between them they would have shifted the calendar last summer when they had the chance but there has been very little logic in how football has been operating. I doubt it's been given much/any thought
Login to get fewer ads

Brentford on 17:30 - Jan 12 with 751 viewsNorthernr

Brentford on 17:28 - Jan 12 by daveB

if they had half a brain between them they would have shifted the calendar last summer when they had the chance but there has been very little logic in how football has been operating. I doubt it's been given much/any thought

Yup, I've been writing as much for months now. Warburton said the same last summer. Football gonna football - we'll have all the usual comps, all the usual internationals, and we'll have it in seven months instead of nine, during a pandemic. It'll be fiiiiiiiiiine.
Brentford on 17:33 - Jan 12 with 740 viewsdistortR

Brentford on 17:05 - Jan 12 by Northernr

Scotland qualifying for a tournament and then not being able to play in it - would that be particularly harsh or particularly funny?
Brentford on 17:39 - Jan 12 with 722 viewsPinnerPaul

All very valid points but its always easier as time goes by.

For example what should be done about 21/22 - can any decisions be made about that now?

Difficult isn't it?

At least some of the lower leagues have made a decision - call this season null and void - but two things they have also done that I like

1) Asked the clubs their views but most importantly

2) Have said if you do NOT think season should be null and void, what is your alternative.

That seems to me a pretty fair and inclusive way of making a decision - might even get something back from the clubs the management boards hadn't considered - you see or hear very little of that sort of thinking from the FA, PL or EFL.
Brentford on 17:54 - Jan 12 with 689 viewsswitchingcode

Brentford on 17:19 - Jan 12 by Konk

I’m a fan from the 60 s so expect I’m a lot older.My Fulham mates hate that song so I sing it now and again along with “flats on the cottage”.They are Fulham from the days when they were as bad as us in the lower leagues proper old school.I went to the Juventus cup game in Turin with them good trip apart from the score.They have turned me off the desire to get to the PL as after a couple of seasons they were always moaning about kick off times and bored with the away games.I absolutely love the championship the fact we can now call ourselves a championship team after 7 seasons in there is great.This last year I’ve seen my team more on tv than I have in the previous 50 years and have had to listen to commentators who are thicker than pig shit talk excitedly about same old crap about my team that they really know or care nothing about.My last memory of excitement was back in March on the morning I was getting ready to see us play at the cottage and the game was called off and that’s when the lights went out and haven’t seen many friends since.
New riverside stand is looking good hope to be playing you there again soon always great day out👍👍
Brentford on 21:26 - Jan 12 with 573 viewsKonk

Brentford on 17:54 - Jan 12 by switchingcode

I’m a fan from the 60 s so expect I’m a lot older.My Fulham mates hate that song so I sing it now and again along with “flats on the cottage”.They are Fulham from the days when they were as bad as us in the lower leagues proper old school.I went to the Juventus cup game in Turin with them good trip apart from the score.They have turned me off the desire to get to the PL as after a couple of seasons they were always moaning about kick off times and bored with the away games.I absolutely love the championship the fact we can now call ourselves a championship team after 7 seasons in there is great.This last year I’ve seen my team more on tv than I have in the previous 50 years and have had to listen to commentators who are thicker than pig shit talk excitedly about same old crap about my team that they really know or care nothing about.My last memory of excitement was back in March on the morning I was getting ready to see us play at the cottage and the game was called off and that’s when the lights went out and haven’t seen many friends since.
New riverside stand is looking good hope to be playing you there again soon always great day out👍👍

I'm of an age where we were playing each other regularly when I was younger, so I see Brentford as more of a rival than older fans or fans who grew-up with Fulham in the Premier League.

Turin - I missed that as with the amount of games we played in that run, I couldn't afford to do them all, and I was also having to ration my holidays from work. From everyone I knew who went out there, it sounded like a proper weird trip in terms of Fulham fans spending a lot of time kicking-off with each other in the ground and in the city.

The Championship is my favourite division - plenty of famous old clubs, some great away days (remember those?) big travelling supports for atmosphere, tickets are expensive, but generally less offensive, and you have the excitement of starting the season never knowing whether you'll go up, down or stay where you are. Six new clubs every season keep things reasonably fresh, and anyone can beat anyone. Get rid of parachute payments and it would be even better.

Anyhow, I hope you enjoy LR when we're all finally allowed back in - on the face of it, Benham's done a great job getting you a new home so close to GP. I look forward to seeing the Whites there at some point. Although we'll probably fu cking lose.

Brentford on 21:31 - Jan 12 with 558 viewsBlackCrowe

Latter. apols Karl.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Brentford on 21:34 - Jan 12 with 538 viewsBlackCrowe

Love seeing Fulham Brentford interchanges. Good stuff.

LoftSouthwestHounslowforwords?

Brentford on 21:44 - Jan 12 with 491 viewsKonk

Brentford on 21:34 - Jan 12 by BlackCrowe

Love seeing Fulham Brentford interchanges. Good stuff.

LoftSouthwestHounslowforwords?

Sorry! I have generally (always?) resisted Fulham v Brentford chat with switchingcode, because I can't imagine many people give a sh it, but this is a 'Brentford' thread, so I thought I'd just go crazy. As it is, I find switchingcode's contributions interesting and considered.

Brentford on 21:45 - Jan 12 with 488 viewsBlackCrowe

Brentford on 21:44 - Jan 12 by Konk

Sorry! I have generally (always?) resisted Fulham v Brentford chat with switchingcode, because I can't imagine many people give a sh it, but this is a 'Brentford' thread, so I thought I'd just go crazy. As it is, I find switchingcode's contributions interesting and considered.

So do I. It's a good thing.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024