Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who's allowed at behind closed door games? 18:56 - Jan 16 with 2249 viewsknocker

Dozens at Fulham tonight including about 40 stewards in hi vis. Why are they needed with no fans? Probably privileged fans in disguise.
Who's allowed at behind closed door games? on 18:59 - Jan 16 with 2229 viewsTGRRRSSS

Clive
Who's allowed at behind closed door games? on 19:36 - Jan 16 with 2136 viewsManinBlack

I wondered the same with the Marine v Spurs game. There seemed to be a lot of people in the stand behind the goal including Jamie Carragher. There appeared to be more people there than for a pre Covid league game. It did smack of who you are...

And by contrast Hodgson publicly rebukes Eze for going to see his old mates playing Fulham in the cup.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2021 19:40]
Who's allowed at behind closed door games? on 19:51 - Jan 16 with 2073 viewsMyke

Who's allowed at behind closed door games? on 19:36 - Jan 16 by ManinBlack

I wondered the same with the Marine v Spurs game. There seemed to be a lot of people in the stand behind the goal including Jamie Carragher. There appeared to be more people there than for a pre Covid league game. It did smack of who you are...

And by contrast Hodgson publicly rebukes Eze for going to see his old mates playing Fulham in the cup.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2021 19:40]

I thought Hodgson was fair enough on Eze to be honest. It seems a nice gesture from our point of view for a returning hero wanting to watch it. But Palace had just paid 20m, and he put the whole their whole squad at risk in the height of the pandemic and didn't even wear a mask. If we saw a player do that at another club, we would have hammered him for being so irresponsible. At this moment in time, sentiment goes out the window
Who's allowed at behind closed door games? on 23:03 - Jan 16 with 1852 viewsManinBlack

From what I saw on Sky Palace were annoyed with our club for not turning him away and sending him home so they weren't only unhappy with Eze. I think Warburton apologised but not sure if the club did but I don't live in London so have not read who said what after the event other than seeing Hodgson speaking on Sky about it.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2021 23:04]
Who's allowed at behind closed door games? on 10:55 - Jan 17 with 1704 viewsNorthernr

Who's allowed at behind closed door games? on 18:59 - Jan 16 by TGRRRSSS

Clive

I know you're joking but just to nip that one in the bud straight away, for the benefit of my Twitter stalkers, I have been to Reading and Stoke when fans were allowed in and absolutely haven't been anywhere near any of the other lockdown games. Probably could have chanced my arm and applied for a press pass but it would have been inappropriate when you've got people like Chris Kemp locked out.
Who's allowed at behind closed door games? on 12:35 - Jan 17 with 1586 viewsstowmarketrange

They wouldn’t have been Fulham fans dressed so scruffily.Did you notice any red braces underneath their hi vizs.
Who's allowed at behind closed door games? on 17:27 - Jan 17 with 1439 viewsTGRRRSSS

Who's allowed at behind closed door games? on 10:55 - Jan 17 by Northernr

I know you're joking but just to nip that one in the bud straight away, for the benefit of my Twitter stalkers, I have been to Reading and Stoke when fans were allowed in and absolutely haven't been anywhere near any of the other lockdown games. Probably could have chanced my arm and applied for a press pass but it would have been inappropriate when you've got people like Chris Kemp locked out.

Thats fair enough mate it was meant to be light hearted but personally if you['d gone as press it certainly wouldn't have bothered myself.
Who's allowed at behind closed door games? on 17:31 - Jan 17 with 1422 viewsOldPedro

Thinking back to the Brentford game, did they also have a large number of 'essential' people at the ground??

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Login to get fewer ads

Who's allowed at behind closed door games? on 17:34 - Jan 17 with 1416 viewsBoston

Who's allowed at behind closed door games? on 17:31 - Jan 17 by OldPedro

Thinking back to the Brentford game, did they also have a large number of 'essential' people at the ground??

Yes.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Who's allowed at behind closed door games? on 17:36 - Jan 17 with 1409 viewsNorthernr

Who's allowed at behind closed door games? on 17:31 - Jan 17 by OldPedro

It is an accusation that's been levelled at them, both during the play offs last season, and again at the new place. Eyebrows raised at QPR at exactly how many people were deemed "essential" to our game at the new ground this year, and Swansea said similar about the semi final of the play off.

For instance our old head of press Ian Taylor has been on his Instagram a couple of times at Brentford games. Absolutely nothing against Ian at all, actually got on quite well with him in the end after me being a bit of a dick with him at the start and he's certainly very good at his job, but in this circumstance I'm not convinced somebody doing PR consultancy work for London Irish counts as a person essential to a Brentford home game.

Obvs Eze has been to a few of our games apparently, and nice as that is it shouldn't be happening. David Fraser points out on his Twitter today that Steve Bull was at the Wolves West Brom game yesterday, again nice for him but not exactly essential is it? You can see why patience is wearing a little bit thin with elite sport and how it's using its exemption.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Who's allowed at behind closed door games? on 12:32 - Jan 18 with 1198 viewsPinnerPaul

Who's allowed at behind closed door games? on 17:36 - Jan 17 by Northernr

It is an accusation that's been levelled at them, both during the play offs last season, and again at the new place. Eyebrows raised at QPR at exactly how many people were deemed "essential" to our game at the new ground this year, and Swansea said similar about the semi final of the play off.

For instance our old head of press Ian Taylor has been on his Instagram a couple of times at Brentford games. Absolutely nothing against Ian at all, actually got on quite well with him in the end after me being a bit of a dick with him at the start and he's certainly very good at his job, but in this circumstance I'm not convinced somebody doing PR consultancy work for London Irish counts as a person essential to a Brentford home game.

Obvs Eze has been to a few of our games apparently, and nice as that is it shouldn't be happening. David Fraser points out on his Twitter today that Steve Bull was at the Wolves West Brom game yesterday, again nice for him but not exactly essential is it? You can see why patience is wearing a little bit thin with elite sport and how it's using its exemption.

This post has been edited by an administrator

I think maybe 'elite sport' should be replaced by 'football'

Certainly from TV evidence horseracing is doing an excellent job - there is clearly just essential people at each meeting - even owners not allowed - and ITV present all their shows from Ascot or Kempton regardless of where the actual racing is.

Mask wearing looks pretty universal as well, certainly much better than football and haven't seen any jockey hug anyone - apart from the odd horse!
Who's allowed at behind closed door games? on 13:21 - Jan 18 with 1116 viewsNorthernr

Who's allowed at behind closed door games? on 12:32 - Jan 18 by PinnerPaul

I think maybe 'elite sport' should be replaced by 'football'

Certainly from TV evidence horseracing is doing an excellent job - there is clearly just essential people at each meeting - even owners not allowed - and ITV present all their shows from Ascot or Kempton regardless of where the actual racing is.

Mask wearing looks pretty universal as well, certainly much better than football and haven't seen any jockey hug anyone - apart from the odd horse!

Point taken.

Rugby league had issues last season. I mean I just don't see how you play rugby at all during this, it's a game inherently built around wrestling in groups with strangers from other clubs, but there were some daft incidents like Hull playing a game at Leeds BCD, then all going out in the bars round Headingley afterwards and catching it.

They fine them for celebrating tries in rugby league too. 80 minutes crashing into the other team and wrestling fine, celebrating with team mates not fine.
Who's allowed at behind closed door games? on 13:48 - Jan 18 with 1052 viewsPinnerPaul

Who's allowed at behind closed door games? on 13:21 - Jan 18 by Northernr

Point taken.

Rugby league had issues last season. I mean I just don't see how you play rugby at all during this, it's a game inherently built around wrestling in groups with strangers from other clubs, but there were some daft incidents like Hull playing a game at Leeds BCD, then all going out in the bars round Headingley afterwards and catching it.

They fine them for celebrating tries in rugby league too. 80 minutes crashing into the other team and wrestling fine, celebrating with team mates not fine.

Yes my 85 year old Mum doesn't understand why Rugby carries on - so must be pretty obvious!

Not sure if you listened but Curtis Davies/Glenn Murray made a good point on that 'Charlie' webcast.

They said that if you added up the time they would spend in very close proximity to each in a match when playing against each other, it would equal far more than a quick goal celeb - as always though, its about the perception and being seen to do something.
Who's allowed at behind closed door games? on 15:01 - Jan 18 with 963 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Who's allowed at behind closed door games? on 19:51 - Jan 16 by Myke

I thought Hodgson was fair enough on Eze to be honest. It seems a nice gesture from our point of view for a returning hero wanting to watch it. But Palace had just paid 20m, and he put the whole their whole squad at risk in the height of the pandemic and didn't even wear a mask. If we saw a player do that at another club, we would have hammered him for being so irresponsible. At this moment in time, sentiment goes out the window

Kind of related i watched City V Palace yesterday and Eze spent the whole game running after Walker and having to defend the whole time it was sad to see knowing his talent going forward .I dont remember one surging run or shot (certainly in the second half )and he seemed lost and frustrated .I know its City and they are lethal with possession % plus Palace did not have Saha but CP looked bad.
Who's allowed at behind closed door games? on 15:08 - Jan 18 with 948 viewsNorthernr

Who's allowed at behind closed door games? on 15:01 - Jan 18 by CLAREMAN1995

Kind of related i watched City V Palace yesterday and Eze spent the whole game running after Walker and having to defend the whole time it was sad to see knowing his talent going forward .I dont remember one surging run or shot (certainly in the second half )and he seemed lost and frustrated .I know its City and they are lethal with possession % plus Palace did not have Saha but CP looked bad.

On the mask thing with Eze, I've seen him using an inhaler pitch side when he played for us so he's probably, weirdly, exempt.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024