Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Greatest winger? 14:20 - Jan 28 with 7988 viewsdutch

Having just lost BOS, who was the greatest out and out winger ever to wear the hoops? Do I close this down by saying Dave Thomas?
Greatest winger? on 14:06 - Jan 31 with 675 viewsDiscodroids

Ian Stewart would be my favourite winger in my era.

As a kid, i was tripping on broken beats with excitement when we signed Gordon Hill. Could never work out why his promising career went down the shitpipe by his md 20's.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2021 14:09]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Greatest winger? on 14:23 - Jan 31 with 646 viewsdistortR

Greatest winger? on 14:06 - Jan 31 by Discodroids

Ian Stewart would be my favourite winger in my era.

As a kid, i was tripping on broken beats with excitement when we signed Gordon Hill. Could never work out why his promising career went down the shitpipe by his md 20's.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2021 14:09]

Ha! I'm sure we got a different Gordon Hill then the one i thought we were getting and had seen on the big match tearing it up!

Best winger I've seen for us in the flesh, over a period of time, was Sinton.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2021 14:24]
Greatest winger? on 09:44 - Feb 1 with 568 viewsShotKneesHoop

Greatest winger? on 13:53 - Jan 31 by terryb

He only played 9 games in the top division although he did manage 3 goals.

I don't see that this record states he was the best.

The most popular? Possibly, but the best?

Still top because Mark had the highest ratio of goals per game in all divisions!!

And definitely the most popular, The other wingers never got into the Top 20 with a 45 either.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Greatest winger? on 10:18 - Feb 1 with 549 viewsterryb

Greatest winger? on 09:44 - Feb 1 by ShotKneesHoop

Still top because Mark had the highest ratio of goals per game in all divisions!!

And definitely the most popular, The other wingers never got into the Top 20 with a 45 either.

Honestly, I'm not arguing with you & you are not alone with putting Mark in first position. His goalscoring record for us is staggering & is even better than Clive Clark's 1 goal in less than every 4 games in the top division, which is also superb.

By your reasoning though, wouldn't that make Brian Bedford a better centre forward than Les Ferdinand & a better goalscorer than Clive Allen? I never saw Brian play, but I know he was outstanding for us. I wouldn't put his record in the third division above what others achieved at a higher level though!
[Post edited 1 Feb 2021 18:18]
Greatest winger? on 17:40 - Feb 1 with 495 viewsShotKneesHoop

Greatest winger? on 10:18 - Feb 1 by terryb

Honestly, I'm not arguing with you & you are not alone with putting Mark in first position. His goalscoring record for us is staggering & is even better than Clive Clark's 1 goal in less than every 4 games in the top division, which is also superb.

By your reasoning though, wouldn't that make Brian Bedford a better centre forward than Les Ferdinand & a better goalscorer than Clive Allen? I never saw Brian play, but I know he was outstanding for us. I wouldn't put his record in the third division above what others achieved at a higher level though!
[Post edited 1 Feb 2021 18:18]

Fair point, but Mark still gets it, Lazarus being one of my all time top 5 R's favourites and that is probably the main reason he gets my vote rather than any logic.

Is he available tonight?

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Greatest winger? on 18:31 - Feb 1 with 466 viewsEGRanger

It has to be Dave Thomas but Andy Sinton and Trevor Sinclair were both superb for the Rs
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024