Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Willock 23:24 - Feb 1 with 1857 viewsVancouverHoop

Though I wouldn't argue with the consensus that Dickie is our best young find of the season, to me Willock isn't far behind him. I'm guessing there's a reason he never seems to get 90 minutes, and find it a bit strange that, like Eze, he hasn't been able to establish himself at a club anywhere yet. But based on what he's shown so far he seems like a real find on either wing. It seems ages since we've had someone who can cross a ball from either side (is he better from the right? Not sure.) I'm really looking forward to seeing how he develops over the next couple of years.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2021 23:25]
Chris Willock on 23:41 - Feb 1 with 1702 viewsdixiedean

I thought he was excellent tonight . Gave us an impetus when he came on and has that happy knack of being able to create a yard of space for himself. Just needs to develop consistency, but they all do apart from Dickie and Dieng.
Chris Willock on 06:43 - Feb 2 with 1467 viewsNorthantsHoop

He is developing into a very good player, his confidence is growing and a super cross for Charlie' goal.
Chris Willock on 06:47 - Feb 2 with 1456 viewsGloucs_R

Where do we play him though. 4231 suits many of the players better than 532.

I would like to see him have a go at LWB, like BOS did.

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Chris Willock on 07:27 - Feb 2 with 1315 viewsHAYESBOY

I thought he played as well as anyone against Derby and was surprised when he got hooked off. He looks like, with Chair, our most creative player IMO.
Question is can you play him in a middle 3?
I don't think he is suited for wing back and not suited as a second striker.
With coaching i think he could play in a 3 with Chair and one other.
Long term is that Amos, Ball, Field?
Not sure what type of player Field is. A water carrier type of more creative?
I think we have a player on our hands though.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Chris Willock on 08:08 - Feb 2 with 1188 viewsstevec

We’ve got to bulk him up first. No doubt he’s a good player with the ball at his feet but when he hasn’t he gets brushed aside too easily, that does leave our full backs exposed.

We looked a lot more solid last night, for the moment use Willock from the bench.
Chris Willock on 08:19 - Feb 2 with 1145 viewsGloucs_R

Chris Willock on 07:27 - Feb 2 by HAYESBOY

I thought he played as well as anyone against Derby and was surprised when he got hooked off. He looks like, with Chair, our most creative player IMO.
Question is can you play him in a middle 3?
I don't think he is suited for wing back and not suited as a second striker.
With coaching i think he could play in a 3 with Chair and one other.
Long term is that Amos, Ball, Field?
Not sure what type of player Field is. A water carrier type of more creative?
I think we have a player on our hands though.

Amos, LTC, Willock and Chair is a very very light weight set of midfielders.

Which is why I think Warbs will go back to 4231. I think we have the players for that system. Although he won't change it again until we lose.

Barbet moves to LB, Jordy and Dickie in the middle with Kane as RB.

Field and Johansen as the middle two with Chair, Willock and an option of Uncle or Thomas on the right.

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Chris Willock on 08:25 - Feb 2 with 1108 viewsdistortR

Chris Willock on 08:19 - Feb 2 by Gloucs_R

Which is why I think Warbs will go back to 4231. I think we have the players for that system. Although he won't change it again until we lose.

Field and Johansen as the middle two with Chair, Willock and an option of Uncle or Thomas on the right.

our defence is looking the best it has for a loooooooong time with 5 at the back, don't think I'd be changing it. Kane played the wing back role very well last night, while Wallace, with one obvious exception, was fine considering he hasn't played for some time and the quality of the wingers he was up against.
Perhaps, for now, if Willock can't last the 90 and doesn't really fit into the system, he is best used as an impact sub against tiring opposition?
His time will come.
Chris Willock on 08:39 - Feb 2 with 1057 viewsswisscottage

I like Willock, he clearly has plenty of technical ability.

However, he does very much the same job as Ilias and I think is about a season behind in terms of development.

His defensive game is lacking from a positioning and physical aspect and he provides a lot less cover tracking back than Ilias does. He also strikes me as a bit of a Bambi, liable to fall over his own legs. This is why he's more likely to come on as sub to make an impact and try and open the game up rather than start at the moment. However all of these things are things that can be worked on, and improved significantly, and I think he will be a much better all-round player next year, much like Ilias improved for a season mixed with Starts and Substitutions.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2021 8:40]
Login to get fewer ads

Chris Willock on 08:45 - Feb 2 with 1022 viewsBazzeR

Chris Willock on 08:19 - Feb 2 by Gloucs_R

Agree..that looks a good balance

Kakay for Kane though
Chris Willock on 09:51 - Feb 2 with 866 viewsgazza1

Chris Willock on 08:45 - Feb 2 by BazzeR

Agree..that looks a good balance

Kakay for Kane though

Kane was MOM last night!!!! and you want Kakay in!!! I like Kakay but he has time.

Back to Willock, again a good addition to the squad. Done very well on many occasions and was good when he came on last night but......he has been pretty inconsistent hence why he hasn't started a lot of games.

There have been several 'stand out' players this season, Dieng, Dickie, Barbet.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024