Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Credit to Millwall 15:00 - Feb 3 with 6887 viewsdenhamhoop2

Following the car crash of Millwall players taking the knee when fans were allowed at The New Den last night they paid tribute to Captain Tom Moore unlike any of The Premiership clubs playing last night. It's a sad old world when we are relying on Millwall as a voice of reason in football
Credit to Millwall on 18:11 - Feb 3 with 1895 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

‘KeEp PoLITiKs oUt oF FoOtBalL’

‘nO, nOt tHe oNeS I LyKe’
Credit to Millwall on 18:12 - Feb 3 with 1831 views2Thomas2Bowles

I am an old sour puss but some of you make me love Devine

* No not that old dogshit eating drag queen*
[Post edited 3 Feb 2021 18:14]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Credit to Millwall on 18:12 - Feb 3 with 1886 viewsGloucs_R

Credit to Millwall on 18:11 - Feb 3 by BazzaInTheLoft

‘KeEp PoLITiKs oUt oF FoOtBalL’

‘nO, nOt tHe oNeS I LyKe’

What is the whole capital letter thing about? Seen it a few times and have no idea?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Credit to Millwall on 18:13 - Feb 3 with 1883 viewsdaveB

Credit to Millwall on 18:09 - Feb 3 by Gloucs_R

As said above, You have missed the point then....

Anyway.....

if you could explain the point then that would be great as you've lost me
Credit to Millwall on 18:17 - Feb 3 with 1865 viewsGloucs_R

Credit to Millwall on 18:13 - Feb 3 by daveB

if you could explain the point then that would be great as you've lost me

Dave, I really enjoy your posts and try not to get involved in political posts. So, please excuse me if I don't respond to that now. I hesitated responding to the original.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Credit to Millwall on 18:18 - Feb 3 with 1861 viewsdaveB

Credit to Millwall on 18:17 - Feb 3 by Gloucs_R

Dave, I really enjoy your posts and try not to get involved in political posts. So, please excuse me if I don't respond to that now. I hesitated responding to the original.

Fair enough, I'm not looking for an argument I'm just not really sure what point I'm missing
Credit to Millwall on 19:12 - Feb 3 with 1752 viewssaxbend

Credit to Milwall the club. None to their fans who jumped on this an excuse to write off a victim of one of many racially motivated murders committed by supposed representatives of the law, as "a career criminal". Shame on them and anyone else who believes that a criminal record justifies murder and abuse of police power, racially motivated or not
[Post edited 3 Feb 2021 22:07]
Credit to Millwall on 19:16 - Feb 3 with 1747 viewsPaddyhoops

I started the "The Millwall fans booing the taking of the knee" thread and regretted doing it in some ways however if it wasn't me it would have been someone else who started it.
Let's hope we don't all decend into another slagging match.
I've stood at matches here since the eighties and have heard racist abuse shouted and on the rare occasion heard the term useless "Irish c**t/ bombers" shouted during games.
Rather than being angry I always felt proud that I was brought not to have any prejudices and just felt sorry for these morons.
Fair play to the Millwall fans for applauding captain Tom. I went to my front door to do the same at 6 this evening.
However plenty of their fans will use it as lever to claim the moral high ground and justify some of their
More sinister beliefs!!
I know plenty of decent Millwall fans.
Good and bad everywhere. The way of the world!!
Login to get fewer ads

Credit to Millwall on 19:19 - Feb 3 with 1735 viewsEsox_Lucius

Credit to Millwall on 19:16 - Feb 3 by Paddyhoops

I started the "The Millwall fans booing the taking of the knee" thread and regretted doing it in some ways however if it wasn't me it would have been someone else who started it.
Let's hope we don't all decend into another slagging match.
I've stood at matches here since the eighties and have heard racist abuse shouted and on the rare occasion heard the term useless "Irish c**t/ bombers" shouted during games.
Rather than being angry I always felt proud that I was brought not to have any prejudices and just felt sorry for these morons.
Fair play to the Millwall fans for applauding captain Tom. I went to my front door to do the same at 6 this evening.
However plenty of their fans will use it as lever to claim the moral high ground and justify some of their
More sinister beliefs!!
I know plenty of decent Millwall fans.
Good and bad everywhere. The way of the world!!

I wonder how much of the money those two esteemed gentlemen raised ended up in Dido Harding's bank account?

The grass is always greener.

Credit to Millwall on 20:05 - Feb 3 with 1657 viewsMyke

I just find the expression 'taking a knee' kind of daft. Where is one taking it to? Why not 'bending a knee' or 'kneeling on one knee'? But then 'round of applause' doesn't make much sense either when you think about it. The applause may not be round at all, it could be square or oval shaped or rectangular depending on the location of the applauders to each other. Or if it is a round, who is getting the next one in?
Maybe I should start a thread on weird sayings, which we know what they mean, even if they don't make much sense.
Credit to Millwall on 20:28 - Feb 3 with 1613 viewsrobith

Credit to Millwall on 18:10 - Feb 3 by Superhoop83

Really? You get thrown in jail? You get thrown in jail just for saying you're English? Are you sure?

These days
Credit to Millwall on 20:36 - Feb 3 with 1570 viewsBasingstokeR

Credit to Millwall on 16:59 - Feb 3 by robith

These days you get thrown in jail, just for saying your English, these days

When did this come in?

Are you sure?
Credit to Millwall on 20:44 - Feb 3 with 1572 viewsKonk

Credit to Millwall on 20:36 - Feb 3 by BasingstokeR

When did this come in?

Are you sure?

This may help...

EDIT: Sorry, Basingstoke! Bit of a whoosh! I hadn't watched it in ages, and hadn't realised you were quoting the same bit!
[Post edited 3 Feb 2021 21:32]

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Credit to Millwall on 20:55 - Feb 3 with 1540 viewsSuperhoop83

Credit to Millwall on 20:44 - Feb 3 by Konk

This may help...

EDIT: Sorry, Basingstoke! Bit of a whoosh! I hadn't watched it in ages, and hadn't realised you were quoting the same bit!

Stupid load of fuss!
[Post edited 3 Feb 2021 20:56]

Suffering since 1978.

Credit to Millwall on 21:11 - Feb 3 with 1507 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Credit to Millwall on 21:49 - Feb 3 with 1439 viewsRanger_Things

Fck Millwall.
Credit to Millwall on 22:09 - Feb 3 with 1395 viewsGloryHunter

Credit to Millwall on 17:45 - Feb 3 by daveB

to be fair to the Premier League clubs and other Championship ones, Sir Tom had absolutely nothing to do with football so unless they are going to do a minutes applause every time someone famous dies they are probably better off staying out of it
[Post edited 3 Feb 2021 17:46]

I think you'll find that Captain Tom was on the books at Forest. They'd forgotten they'd signed him.
Credit to Millwall on 22:21 - Feb 3 with 1358 viewsBasingstokeR

Credit to Millwall on 20:44 - Feb 3 by Konk

This may help...

Wow Mark Lamar's really f**king let himself go!
Credit to Millwall on 22:30 - Feb 3 with 1353 viewsKonk

Credit to Millwall on 22:21 - Feb 3 by BasingstokeR

Wow Mark Lamar's really f**king let himself go!

Stewart Lee's got a documentary he's made on Sky Arts at 9pm on Saturday. King Rocker.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Credit to Millwall on 22:53 - Feb 3 with 1308 viewsSuperhoop83

Credit to Millwall on 22:30 - Feb 3 by Konk

Stewart Lee's got a documentary he's made on Sky Arts at 9pm on Saturday. King Rocker.

He's also on Adam Buxton's latest podcast.

Suffering since 1978.

Credit to Millwall on 23:04 - Feb 3 with 1279 viewstimcocking

Credit to Millwall on 15:04 - Feb 3 by BrianMcCarthy

If he was black they'd have refused to and their fans would have clapped their refusal.

What utter bullshit that is Brian.
Credit to Millwall on 07:27 - Feb 4 with 1148 viewsloftboy

Credit to Millwall on 23:04 - Feb 3 by timcocking

What utter bullshit that is Brian.

Read their forum and you might change your tune, this is just one thread
https://millwall-forum.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/shame-on-villa-and-vermin.467

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Credit to Millwall on 07:45 - Feb 4 with 1125 viewstraininvain

Credit to Millwall on 07:27 - Feb 4 by loftboy

https://millwall-forum.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/shame-on-villa-and-vermin.467

To be fair it’s not much worse than some of the comments in this thread.
Credit to Millwall on 07:49 - Feb 4 with 1122 viewsdistortR

Credit to Millwall on 07:27 - Feb 4 by loftboy

I used to live a couple of hundred yards from the den, played for a local pub team. Most of the team was 'wall. There were a couple of black lads in the team. There was no shit.

People are people, not defined by their football team, colour etc

Some idiots are certainly attracted to millwall because of the perception, recycled by the media, of what 'a millwall fan is'. But I didn't find it in the local area.

Millwall, the club, do try to break this cycle. The media don't help them. How do we learn to stop putting groups of people in convenient boxes for us to judge? I don't know, tbh.
Credit to Millwall on 08:57 - Feb 4 with 1024 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Credit to Millwall on 07:49 - Feb 4 by distortR

I used to live a couple of hundred yards from the den, played for a local pub team. Most of the team was 'wall. There were a couple of black lads in the team. There was no shit.

People are people, not defined by their football team, colour etc

Some idiots are certainly attracted to millwall because of the perception, recycled by the media, of what 'a millwall fan is'. But I didn't find it in the local area.

Millwall, the club, do try to break this cycle. The media don't help them. How do we learn to stop putting groups of people in convenient boxes for us to judge? I don't know, tbh.

Good post, kid.

I know the club does make some effort to stop the scum, I wish them well.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024