Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barbet 17:06 - Feb 6 with 2061 viewsconnell10

Just how good was he today , very , very impressed by him!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Barbet on 17:07 - Feb 6 with 2032 viewscolinallcars

He's on fine form.
Barbet on 17:12 - Feb 6 with 1952 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Quiet or he’ll be asking for a pay rise.

Very good today and has been for quite a while. MOM for me.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Barbet on 17:12 - Feb 6 with 1952 viewsqpr_1968

your motm.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Barbet on 17:13 - Feb 6 with 1937 viewsizlingtonhoop

Barbet on 17:12 - Feb 6 by qpr_1968

your motm.

Him, Dickie or Dieng.
Barbet on 17:15 - Feb 6 with 1899 viewsHunterhoop

Am not a big fan of his, but, to be fair to him, he was excellent today and my MotM.

I think he’d be a better left back/wing back than Wallace too judging by that short spell in the second half when he was stuck out there for a bit.
Barbet on 17:17 - Feb 6 with 1871 viewsNorthantsHoop

He has been good since Cameron slipped into the defensive role. Deserved his goal today.
Great to get that 1-0 slog of a win at home against Blackburn who usually turn us over.
Barbet on 17:20 - Feb 6 with 1813 viewstraininvain

Barbet on 17:15 - Feb 6 by Hunterhoop

Am not a big fan of his, but, to be fair to him, he was excellent today and my MotM.

I think he’d be a better left back/wing back than Wallace too judging by that short spell in the second half when he was stuck out there for a bit.

I’d be reluctant to change the defence after 3 clean sheets in the last 5 games. Even Wallace did well today.
Barbet on 17:23 - Feb 6 with 1775 viewsvegasranger

Probably his best game for the club.
Login to get fewer ads

Barbet on 17:29 - Feb 6 with 1707 viewsbakerloo8

Been brilliant since we gone to 3 at the back.
Long may it continue.
Barbet on 17:41 - Feb 6 with 1582 viewsLazyFan

All of the back 5 were decent to great today.

Even Wallace who made some early mistakes was much better 2nd half, one saving block stopped a certain goal after a are Dieng fumble. Blackburn clearly targetted him first half, but he managed to put ina decent performance.

Kane was better attacking as well and decent defending. He got in some decent positions.
Cameron was decent as well, but they did not trouble him much. Barbet and Dickie were quality, they won many 50/50 challenges and had plenty of interceptions.

Blackburn are no mugs, this a team who have dangerous players and can hurt many teams with their quick interplay and also can go long with Samantha upfront.

Ball was probably our worst player today and even he wasn't that bad. Really great team performance.

zzzzzzzzzz

Barbet on 17:52 - Feb 6 with 1506 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Barbet on 17:41 - Feb 6 by LazyFan

All of the back 5 were decent to great today.

Even Wallace who made some early mistakes was much better 2nd half, one saving block stopped a certain goal after a are Dieng fumble. Blackburn clearly targetted him first half, but he managed to put ina decent performance.

Kane was better attacking as well and decent defending. He got in some decent positions.
Cameron was decent as well, but they did not trouble him much. Barbet and Dickie were quality, they won many 50/50 challenges and had plenty of interceptions.

Blackburn are no mugs, this a team who have dangerous players and can hurt many teams with their quick interplay and also can go long with Samantha upfront.

Ball was probably our worst player today and even he wasn't that bad. Really great team performance.

"Ball was probably our worst player today and even he wasn't that bad. Really great team performance."

I thought ball improved for the last twenty minutes and made some good interceptions. Prior to that he was way off form.

I thought Johansen, Austin and Dykes were all very poor today.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Barbet on 18:19 - Feb 6 with 1414 viewsCiderwithRsie

Nice to see Wallace (who I'm not as fan of) playing decently and getting credit.

My hypothesis: Barbet is improved by Dickie and Dieng partly because he's less inclined to take risks/panic, knowing those two are solid, but also because the whole defence is now capable of playing the ball out from the back so Barbet's style feels natural to the whole unit.

Over the tacticians on here: is that rubbish or am I on to something?
Barbet on 18:21 - Feb 6 with 1387 viewsNorthernr

Brilliant. Brilliant. Perfect for that role on the left of a back three. Been playing well for weeks since the switch. Well done you big French lunatic.
Barbet on 18:22 - Feb 6 with 1377 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Barbet on 18:19 - Feb 6 by CiderwithRsie

Nice to see Wallace (who I'm not as fan of) playing decently and getting credit.

My hypothesis: Barbet is improved by Dickie and Dieng partly because he's less inclined to take risks/panic, knowing those two are solid, but also because the whole defence is now capable of playing the ball out from the back so Barbet's style feels natural to the whole unit.

I think you're right that it's a factor, Rosie.

For instance, when playing as the left CB he used to attack that space ahead of him needlessly and often over-extend and either get slipped or concede a free. Now he's not as a rash, which does suggest increased confidence in himself and/or his teammates.

Barbet on 18:24 - Feb 6 with 1349 viewsdm97

Barbet on 18:19 - Feb 6 by CiderwithRsie

Wholeheartedly agree. Not being the only player out of 5/6 capable of bringing it out must have an effect - e.g. playing triangles last year with Lumley and Lesitner was an accident waiting to happen, whereas now it’s standard practise and (touch wood) pretty safe
Barbet on 18:35 - Feb 6 with 1294 viewsAntti_Heinola

Barbet on 17:52 - Feb 6 by BrianMcCarthy

"Ball was probably our worst player today and even he wasn't that bad. Really great team performance."

I thought ball improved for the last twenty minutes and made some good interceptions. Prior to that he was way off form.

i think very poor is very harsh.
underpar would be correcter.

Bare bones.

Barbet on 18:36 - Feb 6 with 1281 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Barbet on 18:35 - Feb 6 by Antti_Heinola

i think very poor is very harsh.
underpar would be correcter.

Fair enough, I'm happier with that.

Barbet on 18:58 - Feb 6 with 1210 viewsridethewave

Barbet on 17:20 - Feb 6 by traininvain

I’d be reluctant to change the defence after 3 clean sheets in the last 5 games. Even Wallace did well today.

He did?! I must have been watching a different game.

Barbet though was outstanding again. Looking fantastic this season I must say.
Barbet on 19:02 - Feb 6 with 1192 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Barbet on 17:52 - Feb 6 by BrianMcCarthy

"I thought ball improved for the last twenty minutes and made some good interceptions. Prior to that he was way off form."

Also made a few good runs late on I thought.

It's clearly a position we can improve in but he's played an awful lot of football the last couple of seasons in difficult circumstances. Still giving 100%.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Barbet on 19:11 - Feb 6 with 1150 viewstraininvain

There’s something very QPR about Barbet. He has the potential to be a bit of a cult hero with his free kicks (generally sh1t) and diags.

We all know he’s flawed but occasionally brilliant. Fortunately he’s been the latter more often than not recently.
Barbet on 19:34 - Feb 6 with 1073 viewsgazza1

Barbet is a decent player indeed, last few weeks he has been doing a super job. Yes, he has made errors since he came here but no more than any of them. One of the first players on the team sheet since we signed him and rightly so.

Arguably his best game in a hooped shirt was today.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024