Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Opposing racism in the beautiful game 15:02 - Feb 7 with 3109 viewsPeterS

https://www.facebook.com/events/159351219030700
Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 14:17 - Feb 10 with 995 viewsSheffieldHoop

Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 14:14 - Feb 10 by BazzaInTheLoft

Les Ferdinand didn’t then go on to spend hours on a forum ranting about Marxists and BLM after saying how sick of it he was though did he? Also, Les Ferdinand’s record against racism extends a lot further than having a black ex girlfriend once.

Wow - thanks for that. Good stalking. I haven't mentioned marxism or BLM on this thread though, have I?

As much as wrong'uns, like you Bazza, and a few others on here, wish to divide people - We're still together. And both constantly bemused by this weird narrative you folks keep on pushing.

Removed the rest of my posts on here because frankly, I can't be fcked dealing with shit like this
[Post edited 10 Feb 2021 18:59]

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 14:18 - Feb 10 with 983 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 14:02 - Feb 10 by SheffieldHoop

[Post edited 10 Feb 2021 16:02]

I respectfully disagree with your first sentence. I wasn't talking about Sky Sports, we were discussing what I thought was a far deeper and more balanced article.

I was honestly just trying to have a reasoned discussion on it.

Take it easy.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 14:19 - Feb 10 with 976 viewsAntti_Heinola

Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 13:04 - Feb 10 by SheffieldHoop

[Post edited 10 Feb 2021 16:02]

Ignore it then? You don't have to engage, but weirdly you do - every, single time. The vast majority of your posts are on this subject. It's really odd.
And 'the place for these conversations' is anywhere people want to have it, surely? Unlike many political threads on this board, this one is about football and our club is part of football.

Bare bones.

Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 14:23 - Feb 10 with 955 viewsSheffieldHoop

Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 14:18 - Feb 10 by BrianMcCarthy

I respectfully disagree with your first sentence. I wasn't talking about Sky Sports, we were discussing what I thought was a far deeper and more balanced article.

I was honestly just trying to have a reasoned discussion on it.

Take it easy.

[Post edited 10 Feb 2021 18:57]

Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 14:33 - Feb 10 with 929 viewsSheffieldHoop

Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 14:19 - Feb 10 by Antti_Heinola

Ignore it then? You don't have to engage, but weirdly you do - every, single time. The vast majority of your posts are on this subject. It's really odd.
And 'the place for these conversations' is anywhere people want to have it, surely? Unlike many political threads on this board, this one is about football and our club is part of football.

[Post edited 10 Feb 2021 16:03]

Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 14:37 - Feb 10 with 919 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 14:23 - Feb 10 by SheffieldHoop

[Post edited 10 Feb 2021 18:57]

I don't think anyone on here is actively looking for racism to call out. I think we should all give each other the benefit of the doubt seeing as we can hardly meet for a pint and a chat!

I just think it's very important to talk about, reasonably talk about, ways we can improve as a society. Staying silent never works, imo.

Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 14:57 - Feb 10 with 874 viewsSheffieldHoop

Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 14:37 - Feb 10 by BrianMcCarthy

I don't think anyone on here is actively looking for racism to call out. I think we should all give each other the benefit of the doubt seeing as we can hardly meet for a pint and a chat!

I just think it's very important to talk about, reasonably talk about, ways we can improve as a society. Staying silent never works, imo.

[Post edited 10 Feb 2021 18:50]

Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 14:59 - Feb 10 with 872 viewsAntti_Heinola

Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 14:33 - Feb 10 by SheffieldHoop

[Post edited 10 Feb 2021 16:03]

How is it creating divisions in our fanbase? Who is losing interest in this board because of a few threads about racism in football? Where are you getting this from? How is it being 'rammed down our throats?'
I'm sorry mate, but it is really weird. I did't say you wre odd I said your posts on here are odd. They are - this one included.
'Maybe people can't tell this, posting on here from abroad' - who is this referring to, for example?

you only have to look at your thread history - everyone has one - to see what you respond to. It's mostly about race issues, and for someone who wants to stop threads about it you seem to have a lot of opinions on it!

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 15:21 - Feb 10 with 831 viewsSheffieldHoop

Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 14:59 - Feb 10 by Antti_Heinola

How is it creating divisions in our fanbase? Who is losing interest in this board because of a few threads about racism in football? Where are you getting this from? How is it being 'rammed down our throats?'
I'm sorry mate, but it is really weird. I did't say you wre odd I said your posts on here are odd. They are - this one included.
'Maybe people can't tell this, posting on here from abroad' - who is this referring to, for example?

you only have to look at your thread history - everyone has one - to see what you respond to. It's mostly about race issues, and for someone who wants to stop threads about it you seem to have a lot of opinions on it!

[Post edited 10 Feb 2021 16:01]

Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 18:06 - Feb 10 with 682 viewsR_from_afar

Anyone happen to know the collective noun for a series of posts which have had all their content removed? It could be quite a useful word

PS:

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 18:38 - Feb 10 with 650 viewsFredManRave

Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 18:06 - Feb 10 by R_from_afar

Anyone happen to know the collective noun for a series of posts which have had all their content removed? It could be quite a useful word

PS:

Yes it's called a "Sherman" which is short for "SheffieldHooperman".

For example, "Look's like Bazza is dong a Sherman".

It can be found in the "Lfw unique vocabulary descriptions" section just before "Spackman".

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 18:39 - Feb 10 with 645 viewsRanger_Things

Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 14:14 - Feb 10 by BazzaInTheLoft

Les Ferdinand didn’t then go on to spend hours on a forum ranting about Marxists and BLM after saying how sick of it he was though did he? Also, Les Ferdinand’s record against racism extends a lot further than having a black ex girlfriend once.

Sorry, downvoted by accident.
Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 19:09 - Feb 10 with 582 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 18:38 - Feb 10 by FredManRave

Yes it's called a "Sherman" which is short for "SheffieldHooperman".

For example, "Look's like Bazza is dong a Sherman".

It can be found in the "Lfw unique vocabulary descriptions" section just before "Spackman".

I do call my Dong Sherman as it goes!
Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 20:15 - Feb 10 with 526 viewsjoe90

Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 09:33 - Feb 9 by BrianMcCarthy

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/feb/08/english-football-is-consumed-by

Good article.

Interesting read, particularly the part about not having enough data on the the different demographic of racist. I think that starts to understand the unique nature of social media based racist abuse. We don't always know if it's just a child doing it for kicks, an actual full on racist or even a spam bot?!

The Yeovil Town incident blows my mind. Perhaps I'm just being naive to think that someone wouldn't be so openly racist. That said, I was racially abused about a year and half ago at Waterloo Station!
Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 20:56 - Feb 10 with 464 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 20:15 - Feb 10 by joe90

Interesting read, particularly the part about not having enough data on the the different demographic of racist. I think that starts to understand the unique nature of social media based racist abuse. We don't always know if it's just a child doing it for kicks, an actual full on racist or even a spam bot?!

The Yeovil Town incident blows my mind. Perhaps I'm just being naive to think that someone wouldn't be so openly racist. That said, I was racially abused about a year and half ago at Waterloo Station!

Sorry to hear that, Joe. It's always a shock when it happens, I find.

Very good point in the first paragraph.

Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 21:20 - Feb 10 with 439 viewsBrixtonR

Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 14:17 - Feb 10 by SheffieldHoop

Wow - thanks for that. Good stalking. I haven't mentioned marxism or BLM on this thread though, have I?

As much as wrong'uns, like you Bazza, and a few others on here, wish to divide people - We're still together. And both constantly bemused by this weird narrative you folks keep on pushing.

Removed the rest of my posts on here because frankly, I can't be fcked dealing with shit like this
[Post edited 10 Feb 2021 18:59]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024