Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale 17:41 - Mar 1 with 38397 viewsChaffRAFC

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/54380/match-preview-hull-ci

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/54328/refwatch-hull-city-v-

This post has been edited by an administrator

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 14:12 - Mar 3 with 2594 viewsrich_dale

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 20:56 - Mar 2 by Toffeemanc

" Two years ago this week - Ethan Ebanks-Landell at Plymouth, Ethan Hamilton at Luton."

Let's hope the next event in that sequence from 2 years ago is also repeated tonight.

Some other parallels here with that time in 2019 - we've also just lost 2-0 away to promotion chasers, our next home game is vs Shrewsbury, and we signed two Ethans then, now we've signed two Conors (OK, clutching here as these are permanent signings not loans, and not as influential so far as the Ethans)
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 15:46 - Mar 3 with 2354 viewsoff2div1

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 14:12 - Mar 3 by rich_dale

Some other parallels here with that time in 2019 - we've also just lost 2-0 away to promotion chasers, our next home game is vs Shrewsbury, and we signed two Ethans then, now we've signed two Conors (OK, clutching here as these are permanent signings not loans, and not as influential so far as the Ethans)

Well looks like we wont have 2 Conors after 1 getting sent off.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2021 15:47]
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 16:05 - Mar 3 with 2302 viewsBillyRudd

I do hope I,m wrong in saying this but in terms of raising the bar of incompetence this season I can think of one major decision.
That in their infinite wisdom, the board decide to put BBM out of his misery, but at a time when its to late to give us a fighting chance of an uplift.
Logically if its going to happen it needs to be now and not with ever diminishing numbers of remaining games.
If it does,nt occur now then also logic would dictate that the board are going to enter next season with him. I can,t think of any other situation that makes sense (in their eyes not mine). If that is going to be the case, then good luck with the pre-season sales.
I would like to think that the board do have a very short term (covering the next 14 games) plan or are we as rudderless off the pitch as on it.
Keeping him until his contract expires and then not renewing, when we are in Lg2 denies us the opportunity of our one and only last rolling of the dice. For whatever reasons (its your choice) it worked when BBM took over.
To carry on as we are just rubberstamps the inevitable alongside further erosion of the fanbase, or should I say customers now?
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 16:18 - Mar 3 with 2247 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 16:05 - Mar 3 by BillyRudd

I do hope I,m wrong in saying this but in terms of raising the bar of incompetence this season I can think of one major decision.
That in their infinite wisdom, the board decide to put BBM out of his misery, but at a time when its to late to give us a fighting chance of an uplift.
Logically if its going to happen it needs to be now and not with ever diminishing numbers of remaining games.
If it does,nt occur now then also logic would dictate that the board are going to enter next season with him. I can,t think of any other situation that makes sense (in their eyes not mine). If that is going to be the case, then good luck with the pre-season sales.
I would like to think that the board do have a very short term (covering the next 14 games) plan or are we as rudderless off the pitch as on it.
Keeping him until his contract expires and then not renewing, when we are in Lg2 denies us the opportunity of our one and only last rolling of the dice. For whatever reasons (its your choice) it worked when BBM took over.
To carry on as we are just rubberstamps the inevitable alongside further erosion of the fanbase, or should I say customers now?

I very much agree, but there was one factor in dismissing Hill two years ago that doesn't apply now. When our CEO took over and AK was installed as a puppet chairman, there was an agenda against Hill due to his stakeholding in transfers and overall presence within the club, i.e. not just as manager, and this due to his two promotions which basically dragged Dale from being perennial L2 no-hopers to L1 survivalists

Installing BBM - and it has to be said successfully to begin with - very much suited those in charge as having their own man who'd be compliant and wouldn't be making waves in terms of finance or status within the setup

The obvious reluctance of the board to move him on will in no small part be due to having qualms about replacing him with a personality strong enough to overcome the downward spiral we find ourselves in. Such a personality (and that might even apply to someone like Paul McShane) doesn't suit the overweening need for the CEO to be top dog. I posted on another thread about how he'd become relatively quiet recently. I wonder if there are any moves to clip his wings, just as there were to clip those of Hill leading to his eventual dismissal? The boardroom shenanigans have clearly got some way to go yet

Yes, the above can be seen as one interpretation of events, but i'd bet i'm not a million miles away

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 17:18 - Mar 3 with 2139 viewsBillyRudd

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 16:18 - Mar 3 by D_Alien

I very much agree, but there was one factor in dismissing Hill two years ago that doesn't apply now. When our CEO took over and AK was installed as a puppet chairman, there was an agenda against Hill due to his stakeholding in transfers and overall presence within the club, i.e. not just as manager, and this due to his two promotions which basically dragged Dale from being perennial L2 no-hopers to L1 survivalists

Installing BBM - and it has to be said successfully to begin with - very much suited those in charge as having their own man who'd be compliant and wouldn't be making waves in terms of finance or status within the setup

The obvious reluctance of the board to move him on will in no small part be due to having qualms about replacing him with a personality strong enough to overcome the downward spiral we find ourselves in. Such a personality (and that might even apply to someone like Paul McShane) doesn't suit the overweening need for the CEO to be top dog. I posted on another thread about how he'd become relatively quiet recently. I wonder if there are any moves to clip his wings, just as there were to clip those of Hill leading to his eventual dismissal? The boardroom shenanigans have clearly got some way to go yet

Yes, the above can be seen as one interpretation of events, but i'd bet i'm not a million miles away

Good post, thanks for the insight. I had always assumed (without a shred of evidence) that his prompt departure was likely to be as a result of a dust up with someone higher up the pecking order
Certainly DAlien we will never see the likes of Brian Clough in the game again.
It does raise the question though if you are correct, of just how bad do matters have to get before something gives.
Time will tell.
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 18:21 - Mar 3 with 2013 viewsShun

It's sad to think our League One journey is coming to an end with barely a whimper. I always imagined becoming an established League One side was a feasible aim, and arguably we've very much achieved that - only Posh and Gills have been in the division longer than us (both by 1 year).

But watch us (the club) next year forget about that and take up the 'League Two is where we belong' mantra.
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 19:16 - Mar 3 with 1894 viewsdiver

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 18:21 - Mar 3 by Shun

It's sad to think our League One journey is coming to an end with barely a whimper. I always imagined becoming an established League One side was a feasible aim, and arguably we've very much achieved that - only Posh and Gills have been in the division longer than us (both by 1 year).

But watch us (the club) next year forget about that and take up the 'League Two is where we belong' mantra.

I find this thread so depressing.The last game that I went to was against Rotherham on March 8 2020.Rotherham were in he hunt for promotion at the time.We beat them 3-1 ( Hendo 2 goals 1 Lund).At times we played them off the pitch and we all went home happy.What has gone wrong since ?Hendo has gone but there must be more to it than that.I still do not think this season can be judged fairly based on basically training ground matches with no crowds (I know other clubs have the same problem).Look how Liverpool have faded this season without the Kop .Personally I would love to see this season be made null and void ( it will not happen I know!!)and see what happens next season if things get back to normal.I still fuming that Bolton could take our place next season!!
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 19:21 - Mar 3 with 1873 views442Dale

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 19:16 - Mar 3 by diver

I find this thread so depressing.The last game that I went to was against Rotherham on March 8 2020.Rotherham were in he hunt for promotion at the time.We beat them 3-1 ( Hendo 2 goals 1 Lund).At times we played them off the pitch and we all went home happy.What has gone wrong since ?Hendo has gone but there must be more to it than that.I still do not think this season can be judged fairly based on basically training ground matches with no crowds (I know other clubs have the same problem).Look how Liverpool have faded this season without the Kop .Personally I would love to see this season be made null and void ( it will not happen I know!!)and see what happens next season if things get back to normal.I still fuming that Bolton could take our place next season!!

Yet Manchester City have won 20+ games on the trot so should their run be judged unfairly?

We can only control our own club with whatever cards are dealt and we have fallen short so far by a very long way. The manager says he won’t use excuses, and that’s good because there are none.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 19:46 - Mar 3 with 1819 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 22:06 - Mar 2 by Sandyman

Father Ted was funny and enjoyable.

Stuff like this interview is just verbal nonsense and an insult to the intelligence of people who paid to watch Rochdale tonight.

Yep, we are being royally pissed on.
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 20:39 - Mar 3 with 1701 viewsCanaDale

Haven’t posted for so long, but I feel the need to lately. I have to say that I do not feel much of a connection to the club in its current form. It feels to me that someone or something has sucked the life out of the club. Did this happen when Dunphy was forced out of the club? It looks to me that this club has no ambition anymore, they look to have just accepted the condition they are in. How can you be a professional club and not have any ambition towards being the best. How can you be a football club without wanting to keep improving, and being the best that your tools allow you to be. I don’t care if you’re Barnet or Bayern Munich, without ambition you may as well not exist.

I myself find it so hard to connect to a club that I feel are perfectly happy with mediocrity. I know Rochdale have always been a club that has had to live within the limited resources they’ve had. But in the times under Hill and Dunphy there was a feeling that the club wanted to move forward. There is a manager in now that feels like a mouthpiece for the board, someone who will just be happy to be given a chance at management, someone who maybe won’t ask too many demanding questions. Can you imagine Hill putting up with this inertia, no way in hell would he.

I will not allow myself to be emotionally connected to the club as it is now, I can not connect to a club that just looks to be throwing away all the good work it’s done over the past few years. I can not allow myself to be drawn into the apathy that hangs around the club.

How can the club get away with treating fans as idiots, by having a manager who clearly the players have figured out, and then comes out every game saying the same crap, fans are not idiots.

There does not seem to be any urgency from the board to address this current situation, there is no drive to think that this situation is unacceptable. Instead they’re advertising for sporting director roles etc. This whole situation is something that is not acceptable, but the lack of desire from the top, to change is something that I can’t forgive.
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 21:41 - Mar 3 with 1607 viewsCedar_Room

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 20:39 - Mar 3 by CanaDale

Haven’t posted for so long, but I feel the need to lately. I have to say that I do not feel much of a connection to the club in its current form. It feels to me that someone or something has sucked the life out of the club. Did this happen when Dunphy was forced out of the club? It looks to me that this club has no ambition anymore, they look to have just accepted the condition they are in. How can you be a professional club and not have any ambition towards being the best. How can you be a football club without wanting to keep improving, and being the best that your tools allow you to be. I don’t care if you’re Barnet or Bayern Munich, without ambition you may as well not exist.

I myself find it so hard to connect to a club that I feel are perfectly happy with mediocrity. I know Rochdale have always been a club that has had to live within the limited resources they’ve had. But in the times under Hill and Dunphy there was a feeling that the club wanted to move forward. There is a manager in now that feels like a mouthpiece for the board, someone who will just be happy to be given a chance at management, someone who maybe won’t ask too many demanding questions. Can you imagine Hill putting up with this inertia, no way in hell would he.

I will not allow myself to be emotionally connected to the club as it is now, I can not connect to a club that just looks to be throwing away all the good work it’s done over the past few years. I can not allow myself to be drawn into the apathy that hangs around the club.

How can the club get away with treating fans as idiots, by having a manager who clearly the players have figured out, and then comes out every game saying the same crap, fans are not idiots.

There does not seem to be any urgency from the board to address this current situation, there is no drive to think that this situation is unacceptable. Instead they’re advertising for sporting director roles etc. This whole situation is something that is not acceptable, but the lack of desire from the top, to change is something that I can’t forgive.

I would agree that one of the most frustrating things is that there is no word at all from the club saying that this run of results and this level of football isn’t good enough and needs urgently to improve. BBM certainly being the chief culprit of this that all is fine essentially and we just need to keep plugging away.

And the ambition point also is spot on. We keep hearing about how we have the lowest budget in the league. Well fair enough let’s say that we do. Isn’t the whole point of recent years that we have found a way to have (relative) success despite our limited resources? Haven’t we previously been able to find a way to achieve something despite most clubs having more money at their disposal? So why now is this lack of money the get out of jail free card? I mean let’s consider how this is going to work next season? Assuming now as I do it will be in L2 straight away we can say there will be 3 clubs with bigger budgets than ours - those ones coming down with us from L1 who will have had bigger budgets this season and will most likely have bigger budgets next as well. And who else will have bigger budgets than us? Probably half a dozen other teams right? We are possibly only just in the top 10 of resources if that? So by the current measure that means we will be looking at a mid table finish doesn’t it? We don’t have the resources for automatic promotion or even the play offs. Unless, UNLESS, BBM is able to punch above his weight and get more out of the team than the resources might suggest?? But he’s not doing that this season and it’s a line used pretty regularly how low our budget is to justify the mess we find ourselves so why should we expect any different from him next season?? Why should we expect any different from any other manager? If the board accept now that we can only live within our means and not expect to do any better than our finances allow then that means we will forever be trapped in L2 doesn’t it with our budget that puts us nowhere close to the top. There therefore cannot be any ambition at all can there? The goal year after year season start season can only ever be basic survival. Complete and total inertia. That for me is why things feel so limp at the moment. The life and the spark seems to have gone in a much bigger and more fundamental way than a simple bad run of results might suggest.
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 21:48 - Mar 3 with 1583 views442Dale

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 21:41 - Mar 3 by Cedar_Room

I would agree that one of the most frustrating things is that there is no word at all from the club saying that this run of results and this level of football isn’t good enough and needs urgently to improve. BBM certainly being the chief culprit of this that all is fine essentially and we just need to keep plugging away.

And the ambition point also is spot on. We keep hearing about how we have the lowest budget in the league. Well fair enough let’s say that we do. Isn’t the whole point of recent years that we have found a way to have (relative) success despite our limited resources? Haven’t we previously been able to find a way to achieve something despite most clubs having more money at their disposal? So why now is this lack of money the get out of jail free card? I mean let’s consider how this is going to work next season? Assuming now as I do it will be in L2 straight away we can say there will be 3 clubs with bigger budgets than ours - those ones coming down with us from L1 who will have had bigger budgets this season and will most likely have bigger budgets next as well. And who else will have bigger budgets than us? Probably half a dozen other teams right? We are possibly only just in the top 10 of resources if that? So by the current measure that means we will be looking at a mid table finish doesn’t it? We don’t have the resources for automatic promotion or even the play offs. Unless, UNLESS, BBM is able to punch above his weight and get more out of the team than the resources might suggest?? But he’s not doing that this season and it’s a line used pretty regularly how low our budget is to justify the mess we find ourselves so why should we expect any different from him next season?? Why should we expect any different from any other manager? If the board accept now that we can only live within our means and not expect to do any better than our finances allow then that means we will forever be trapped in L2 doesn’t it with our budget that puts us nowhere close to the top. There therefore cannot be any ambition at all can there? The goal year after year season start season can only ever be basic survival. Complete and total inertia. That for me is why things feel so limp at the moment. The life and the spark seems to have gone in a much bigger and more fundamental way than a simple bad run of results might suggest.

A lot of good points.

It’s reaching the stage where they are insulting the intelligence of supporters who are fully aware of where we stand in the grand scheme of things financially, yet know we can do better. On and off the field.

It’s the equivalent of a corner shop owner telling his customers he’s got no bread left because he can’t buy as much as Tesco. If they want to be viewed as Arkwright and ridiculed, carry on. Because we aren’t stupid.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 00:39 - Mar 4 with 1427 viewsHopwoodblue

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 21:41 - Mar 3 by Cedar_Room

I would think we are in the bottom half dozen or so of the league two wage budget so based on that with this manager and board of directors thinking, we should be preparing for a relegation battle to the national league. Even if we had a top half dozen budget, with BBM in charge we could still be in a relegation battle with the apathy we show on the pitch when we find ourselves a goal down !
[Post edited 4 Mar 2021 0:44]

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 06:57 - Mar 4 with 1291 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 00:39 - Mar 4 by Hopwoodblue

I would think we are in the bottom half dozen or so of the league two wage budget so based on that with this manager and board of directors thinking, we should be preparing for a relegation battle to the national league. Even if we had a top half dozen budget, with BBM in charge we could still be in a relegation battle with the apathy we show on the pitch when we find ourselves a goal down !
[Post edited 4 Mar 2021 0:44]

I'm not saying the current apathy isn't down to the management. There have been games where the players have been the total opposite of apathetic. So they have clearly motivated the players in the past.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024